iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4945 replies to this topic

#4741 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

I'll gladly take the free games, but I really dislike the fact that they removed the old Tetris game from the App Store, which means I lost my purchase.

#4742 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

And the shitty thing about the new tetris is the fact that it could cost you $30 a year with those lovely IAPs.

#4743 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

I'm sure others have said similar, but Space Miner: Space Ore Bust is one of my absolute favourite iOS games, there's no reason at all not to get it for free.

#4744 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

I'll gladly take the free games, but I really dislike the fact that they removed the old Tetris game from the App Store, which means I lost my purchase.

It's not available to download from your purchased list? I looked at mine and TRIS is listed in there. That game was pulled YEARS ago.

Update:
Tris just downloaded, though it's not in the app store. However, NetShare is not in my purchased list. I'm pretty sure that I bought it! I probably have the ipa somewhere... I should see if it still works. :-)

Edited by envelopes, 03 December 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#4745 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

ea has been giving free games throughout the year. i know i got the new tiger woods, a hunting game, and some other weird shit free from them lol

Oh yeah... that was a funny one. I kept killing deer with headshots until I realized that you get more points for shooting the heart. There's a penalty for headshots. All those years of "AIM FOR THE HEAD!" had failed me.

#4746 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

When does EA update their daily sale? It's way past Noon... unless they dont count weekends.
Posted Image

#4747 nerdtown

nerdtown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Oh Edo Towns is half off for only $2, great game by the people who made Game Dev Story http://appshopper.co...es/oh-edo-towns

#4748 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

While not a deal this is the most active IOS topic at the site. Wanted to share this, think all of you will enjoy it

http://www.joystiq.c...re-music-video/
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#4749 The Truth 34

The Truth 34

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

Unloading a group of How to Cook codes to the spreadsheet as we speak if anyone is still looking for one.

#4750 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

I went to Gamestop yesterday and they had $25 itune cards on sale for $20. I didn't check for the price of the $50 but the $25 had a white sticker with handwritten price of $20.

#4751 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

Sad Princess drops to FREE for the first time as one of the FAAD featured games.
"This is a tale of girl meets boy. Actually, it’s a tale of princess meets prince, prince gets
kidnapped, and princess goes out on an action-packed quest for revenge, peace, and love.
This ain’t your grandma’s fairytale…"

#4752 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:31 AM

Call of Mini: Double Shot (universal) is free for a day.
http://appshopper.co...ini-double-shot

#4753 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Arcade Jumper has gone free. It has iCade support and is pretty fun. Retro feel to it. I actually bought this the day it was released. Fun.
http://itunes.apple....d439726516?mt=8

#4754 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

I played the hell out of Infinity Blade 1 but was bored of it by the end. Too bored to grind up all the money and stats needed to beat the post-game content. Infinity Blade 2 just feels like more of the same. It's solid but I kinda regret the money spent. Especially when I know I'm going to go be disappointed* by Dark Meadow as well.

*Disappointed by repetition of a concept that has run its course with me, not overall quality.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4755 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:22 AM

Cave Bowling is the Donut Games free game of the week.
http://appshopper.co...es/cave-bowling

#4756 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:48 AM

I played the hell out of Infinity Blade 1 but was bored of it by the end. Too bored to grind up all the money and stats needed to beat the post-game content. Infinity Blade 2 just feels like more of the same. It's solid but I kinda regret the money spent. Especially when I know I'm going to go be disappointed* by Dark Meadow as well.

*Disappointed by repetition of a concept that has run its course with me, not overall quality.

While Dark Meadow is very similar, I found the story to be much more compelling. While it's still lacking overall as a game, I'm more inclined to play through it because of the storyline, narration and ability to find notes that give a deeper background to the story than anything I found in the original Infinity Blade's narrative.

#4757 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

So much for EA doing an actual daily deal. What a bunch of lame asses.

#4758 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:41 AM

So much for EA doing an actual daily deal. What a bunch of lame asses.

What are you talking about? They change up the order of the page layout of the exact same deals on an almost daily basis! ;)

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#4759 blakhawkjohn

blakhawkjohn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

Could someone pm me and tell me how to access to spreadsheet for the "how to cook". Codes. I've done it once before. But for the life of me, I can't remember. Thx so much
We're not here for a long time. We're here for a good time.

#4760 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS Update
Important information

Your auto-save data will be erased when you update. Please use the normal save function before performing the update
The following changes were implemented.
-Fixed a bug that caused frequent crashes when run on iPhone 4S.
-Improved camera controls during battle.
-Other minor bugs addressed.

This version is aimed at quickly fixing a serious bug.
Updates to improve user experience, beginning with Retina support, are planned for the future. We appreciate your patience.

http://appshopper.co...ar-of-the-lions

#4761 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

Sorry if its been posted but I am loving this game. If you are playing this game friend me so I we can help each other with supplies.

The Oregon Trail: American Settler - Free
http://appshopper.co...merican-settler
Posted Image

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#4762 wolverinefactor

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

I use to have access to the spreadsheet (like another poster) and I believe I deleted the email. My other half really wants that how to cook ap and let me tell you, after last nights dinner I think he does too.

#4763 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

DRAW: The Showdown is currently available for FREE.
"Welcome to the Wild West…
The town of Coyote used to be a successful mining settlement, so prosperous it attracted the attention of L. Belly and his gang of Ruffians. They’ve taken over the streets and will stop at nothing until they have terrorized the hard working people of Coyote.
You’ve been appointed the sheriff of this god-forsaken town, taking over from the last one who lasted a whole 45 seconds. The dusty streets and the unforgiving desert stretch as far as the eye can see. You alone stand between justice for the inhabitants of Coyote….or the chaos and havoc created at the hands of L. Belly’s gang…"

#4764 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Sorry if its been posted but I am loving this game. If you are playing this game friend me so I we can help each other with supplies.

The Oregon Trail: American Settler - Free
http://appshopper.co...merican-settler
Posted Image

Looks like a fun game. Will get this one tonight.

#4765 Rychy

Rychy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS Update
Important information

Updates to improve user experience, beginning with Retina support, are planned for the future. We appreciate your patience.

It's not up to retina display resolution? It freakin cost $16 bucks! Square Enix needs to get it together with the iOS support.

Edited by Rychy, 05 December 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#4766 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

It's not available to download from your purchased list? I looked at mine and TRIS is listed in there. That game was pulled YEARS ago.

Update:
Tris just downloaded, though it's not in the app store. However, NetShare is not in my purchased list. I'm pretty sure that I bought it! I probably have the ipa somewhere... I should see if it still works. :-)

NetShare works fine. This is actually my first time using it.

I don't know of any other app that is not in the store but is in my purchased list other than Tris. Maybe that one is just available in some other countries or something. I noticed that Pownce is not on my Purchased list.

So confusing!

#4767 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:59 AM

It's not up to retina display resolution? It freakin cost $16 bucks! Square Enix needs to get it together with the iOS support.

I bet the Chrono Trigger port will be just as bad. The menu UI and font looks bad already

#4768 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:10 AM

I am tpain is free.
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everyone else's stinks"

#4769 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:53 AM

Crazy Hamster Ball is one of the FAAD games right now.
"It's up to you to control the Crazy Hamster Ball as he escapes from the Mad Scientist's Lab. Gameplay is simple just tap the screen to jump, or hold to continue jumping. Our crazy hero is running as fast as he can but he needs you to jump the many obstacles along the way.
Crazy Hamster Ball could be one of the first 3 dimensional 2D platform games. Pass through the suction tube to go deeper into the lab. See future levels behind the one you're on."

Bubble Buster
is the OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Bubble Buster is a beautiful, underwater-themed puzzle game where players pop adjacent bubbles of the same color to earn points. The larger the cluster of bubbles, the more points you earn. Create the biggest group of bubbles you can to beat your high score.
Choose from two ways to play: elimination or infinite. Play elimination until you run out of moves or bubbles. In infinite mode, popped bubbles are immediately replaced. Sound easy? Give it a try! As you level up more colors start to appear and it gets harder to group bubbles together."

The Adventures of Timmy: Run Kitty Run
gets a rousing endorsement from TouchArcade and is still available for FREE.
"Timmy’s the coolest kid you’ll ever meet, him and that cat suit of his. And he’s on a mission to save Kitty.

Timmy’s shyness makes it hard for him to make friends. What’s worse is that the cat costume he wears makes him a target for bullies. When the prettiest girl at school tries to befriend him she gets taken by the school bully Mitch. Timmy must use his imagination to summon his strength to battle through Mitch’s tree house lair and save her. 

Can you help Timmy rescue the girl of his dreams, and discover the secret of his cat costume?"

#4770 Hirou

Hirou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:53 AM

Symphony of Eternity just dropped to $.99. If you have an old school RPG itch that you need to scratch, this might be the thing to do it. Normal price is $8.99 for those curious.
http://appshopper.co...ony-of-eternity