Photo
- - - - -

CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - Ultra SFIV Coming June 2014

Street Fighter Marvel vs Capcom Mortal Kombat Injustice Blazblue King of Fighters

• Please log in to reply
898 replies to this topic

#211 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:05 AM

I can't get the IRC channel to work in my browser for some reason.

:cry:

Try another. As long as bs is not mod, he's mean D:.

EDIT: Top 32 about to start, join in guys!

#212 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:54 AM

41k viewers for top 32...

didn't finals last year just have 40k? Either way hella awesome weekend. Got laptop streaming MLG Anaheim starcraft2 on the bigscreen and AE on the comp

team spooky has been awesome but the only issue i had when it started was ustream. why?! Everyone uses justin.tv and teevox to view multiple streams...I guess maybe because g4 and other sights have the ustream player embedded...just seems like justin.tv is a better service & quality player.
Posted Image

#213 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:59 AM

poor MK it tried
7 k viewers for MK, 42 k for SF

#214 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:07 AM

went up 2k views just for the valle/daigo match

#215 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:15 AM

I just saw ricky o...what happened to him. I dont recall him being even mentioned in the pre-qualy pools.
Posted Image

#216 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:25 AM

Chances top 8 is all Yun is looking possible.

#217 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

http://challonge.com...1_ss4ae_support

http://images.challo...4AE_support.png

naw. here is the bracket talked about on stream.
Possible to get Wolf + Latif, Daigo + Poongko for winners finals top 8

or instead of poongko...flash so maybe 3 vipers...even though flash plays gief now.

Spoiler

holy shit and possible rematch Jwong vs Gamerbee?

Edited by naiku, 30 July 2011 - 06:10 AM.

Posted Image

#218 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

so much for the rematch

#219 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:59 AM

Wow wolf got dominated by Fuudo

Winners: Daigo (yun) vs Poongko (seth); Latif (Viper) vs Fuudo (Fei) [japan vs korea; america vs japan]
Posted Image

#220 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

Every top 32 match last night was hype. Unfortunately I had to get up this morning for work, so I didn't see everything. As exciting as last year was, this has been even better so far. See you guys in the chat later today.

Oh and Guardian, I believe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.eventhubs...racter-changes/

LOL, Pheonix health nerf. RIP Pheonix.

On the plus side, Wesker gets some sort of speed boost with his sunglasses 8-).

#221 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

wesker GETS FASTER!????????????????????????????//

Fuck YOU!

Also, for anyone Interested they announced this yesterday

Posted Image

Edited by joe2187, 30 July 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#222 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

Every top 32 match last night was hype. Unfortunately I had to get up this morning for work, so I didn't see everything. As exciting as last year was, this has been even better so far. See you guys in the chat later today.

Oh and Guardian, I believe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.eventhubs...racter-changes/

LOL, Pheonix health nerf. RIP Pheonix.

On the plus side, Wesker gets some sort of speed boost with his sunglasses 8-).

Yeah, I saw that last night (early this morning). Looks like the speed boost is a taunt mechanic where Wesker throws his sunglasses at his opponent? Finally a use for OTG-> assist -> taunt.

Also, for anyone Interested they announced this yesterday

I'm interested in KOFXIII. I'll pick it up, but I'd rather have Mai on my cover than Ash.

FYI, they recently confirmed that there will be no spectator mode in KOFXIII. I really don't like this bullshit trend. I hope they at least implement training mode or something while you're waiting.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#223 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

Ono announces that AE will be patched and will come out later this year.

#224 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

Ono announces that AE will be patched and will come out later this year.

For free!

#225 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

is the patch gonna remove yun?

#226 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image
[URL="http://raptr.com/bs000?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#227 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:27 AM

Havnt played fighters in a month since im on a re5/me from start run but learned something

all the pros pretty much sit Indian style :)

#228 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

77SfC-gmK9o
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#229 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

Finals were so amazing last night. Just about every match was a nailbiter. I did end up watching SSF4 but I switched to my netbook & couldn't have the IRC chat & stream running.

Poongko vs Daigo was really exciting. I'm glad Poongko did well. Shoutouts to Latif for reppin the USA, taking out a lot of killers.

And Marvel speaks for itself. Would have loved to see Combofiend make it to the finals, but everyone (well maybe except Mine) really deserved that Top 8 spot. I'm glad Viscant won it though because he put in the time & it really shows. Lots of really smart play last night.

#230 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Happy to see a wide variety of characters being used on MK. After the infinite Bob vs Law matches in Tekken it was a refreshing change.
Posted Image

#231 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

shoutouts to trannys

#232 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

speaking of hotgirls, was there a women's tournament this evo?

#233 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

EVO's top 8 in both SSFIVAE and MvC3 were some of the most exciting matches I have ever seen. In both games, there was a huge upset won by a PERFECT (Daigo in AE; Wong in MvC3). Absolutely nuts. The competition this Evo seemed to really be on another level.

I've been reading a bit about UMvC3 changes. Apparently, Dante's double inputs have been made easier (wut?), and his Hammer is still very invincible (yay!). To do Hammer now, all you have to do is QCF+L~L. Similarly, BeeHive can be performed via DP+M~M. This will make dropped inputs nearly impossible. Not sure how I feel about that. I rarely had any issues with the double inputs except for BeeHive... and that was just due to timing. As far as other buffs go, he now has a triple jump and double airdash in Devil Trigger.

On the other hand, Dante allegedly had some hitbox nerfs on some normals... mostly vertical, his OTG timing is stricter (now impossible in some cases), and his bnb SkyDance is less reliable. Basically, we have to relearn what works and what doesn't work with Dante now.

Edited by GuardianE, 03 August 2011 - 01:38 AM.

#234 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

Anyone tryna play tonight?

Edit:K, I guess Reach is the hotness today.

If there are any other beginners looking to play MK9,BBCS2,MVC3, please message me to play sometime! I want to take a break from AE, and want to play some friendly matches.

GT: Old Rasputin

Edited by BackInBlack, 04 August 2011 - 01:52 AM.

StarCraft 2 - Roses

#235 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

Anyone tryna play tonight?

Edit:K, I guess Reach is the hotness today.

If there are any other beginners looking to play MK9,BBCS2,MVC3, please message me to play sometime! I want to take a break from AE, and want to play some friendly matches.

GT: Old Rasputin

We were knocking out a few achievables. One we finished we ended up playing Marvel. I didn't check CAG so I didn't know you were looking for games. If you see us in a party on Wed feel free to join to see what's up.

There was a little talking about playing BBCS2 next week though. Just a heads up.
------

GGs last night guys. I need to practice a little more with the new team. I'd really rather have Dorm in the middle because Dark Holes really help keep a lot of Hulk's stuff safe. I just wish he was a little faster.

EDIT: Oh, Guardian or Joe - do one of you guys mind posting that change list you were talking about from GAF?

Edited by MtlTom, 04 August 2011 - 01:11 PM.

#236 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

We were knocking out a few achievables. One we finished we ended up playing Marvel. I didn't check CAG so I didn't know you were looking for games. If you see us in a party on Wed feel free to join to see what's up.

There was a little talking about playing BBCS2 next week though. Just a heads up.
------

GGs last night guys. I need to practice a little more with the new team. I'd really rather have Dorm in the middle because Dark Holes really help keep a lot of Hulk's stuff safe. I just wish he was a little faster.

EDIT: Oh, Guardian or Joe - do one of you guys mind posting that change list you were talking about from GAF?

I won't paste the entire changelog here since it's pretty extensive, but here's a link:http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=7093

The changelog is incomplete, obviously. It gets updated as we get new information through playtesting and observations. Also, things are subject to change before the actual release. Credit to DahBomb for compiling all of this info on GAF for easy viewing.

#237 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

http://www.giantbomb...dition/17-4647/
[URL="http://raptr.com/bs000?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#238 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

Yay, my first Asus monitor has a dead pixel.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#239 St4rgalaqtic

St4rgalaqtic

I have no stars... WHY?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:24 PM

I am up for playing some SSF4 tonight, hit me up.

#240 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

I am up for playing some SSF4 tonight, hit me up.

Sent you a FR.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Blazblue, King of Fighters