Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#182 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Nice job, folks!

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#183 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

Congrats! I made mine last year, but sadly this year I am way short. That will just motivate me even more next year.
Keep up the good work CAGs. East Coast you guys are almost to the end!

Same here, though admittedly I set my goal 5x higher this year. I should get to at least 60% of my goal once a few lingering donations pour in.

And very well done on all of us crossing 1.1 million. It's insane that we damn near tripled last year.

Now that I've recuperated, time to finish up my last few hours. Anyone up for some L4D2? :)

#184 JustSurvive

JustSurvive

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Never really got around to posting in this thread, but it's because of frostybroc I got involved in this charity and joined this team. This was the first time I've ever participated in Extra Life and for even not really knowing anyone besides frosty, feel real proud about all the money the team raised (I raised 99% of my $250 goal :) ). Can't wait to do it again next year!

#185 Majin Stan

Majin Stan

You have a little CAG left on your face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

Great Job TEAM CAG!!! You did us proud!!

#186 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

I managed to drum up $300 of my $500 goal. Not as much compared to last year, but still glad to be a part of Extra Life.

Tough day of gaming. Xbox Live issues with my friend who was going to play with me most of the day. Major case of exhaustion with 5-6 hours left.

Had a blast though!

#187 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

i sadly got in really late so only got one friend to sponsor me. that and work called me in during the day so i couldnt even get to continue to search. def doing this next year for sure.

#188 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

I'm starting my time tomorrow at 1pm. If anyone can send me an invite to join Team CAG I would really appreciate it! When I tried to join it redirected me to the create account page for some reason...

#189 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

I'm starting my time tomorrow at 1pm. If anyone can send me an invite to join Team CAG I would really appreciate it! When I tried to join it redirected me to the create account page for some reason...

I thought you're suposed to game on last Saturday and that's it? o_O Can you just game whenever?

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

#190 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

I thought you're suposed to game on last Saturday and that's it? o_O Can you just game whenever?

Pretty much. Most people did their marathon Saturday, but a lot of people were not able to. People can make up the time whenever they can, although there is an official "make up day" this Saturday I think for those who want to do it then.

That last sentence makes this sound like a school project lol
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#191 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

Oh, really? You think there would be enough interest if i joined up and participated on the makeup day? I'd like to help some children out and I have some stuff I could give away as prizes.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

#192 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

Oh, really? You think there would be enough interest if i joined up and participated on the makeup day? I'd like to help some children out and I have some stuff I could give away as prizes.

I would definitely ask around. I know there are a few CAGs who wanted to do it but couldn't last Saturday. You might be able to drum up some interested people to do it. Maybe make a 2nd Chance thread and give prizes out to those who join you? Plus this thing has raised 1.8 MIL so far, but they are trying to reach 2 MIL. I'm sure they appreciate people still going at it :D
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#193 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:31 AM

Hmm, I think I'll make a thread about this 2nd chance idea tomorrow and see what sort of responses I get. I'll try joining through the Team CAG link tomorrow as well.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

#194 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

Added the Winners LIst from my raffle. Thanks everyone for signing up and helping out the kids. I can't wait for next year, LOL.

fs_overall.png

#195 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

Joined through the Team CAG link. I'm going to go take a look at the prizes I can offer to my donors and the other Team CAG members. :D

OK, here's the prize list and the rules for people who participate in the 2nd chance version.

My link: http://www.extra-lif...icipantID=28107

Contest thread here: http://www.cheapassg...873#post8967873

Edited by randomdud, 20 October 2011 - 05:41 AM.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

#196 Smoke7

Smoke7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:59 AM

Even though I didn't even hear about this until the 13th I still managed to get $200 in donations from friends and family in only 3 days. Needless to say I am pretty happy about it.
I might have been tired the next day, but it was worth it. I look forward to next year. :D

~Smoke7

#197 kazooie16

kazooie16

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

anyone actually got contacted by bluedotlounge yet? just wondering...
http://virtualONmars.spreadshirt.com/ < VOM Design by virtualONmars - T-shirts & Hoodies
http://vomdesign.blogspot.com/ <VOM Design by virtualONmars - Blog
http://www.facebook....41418205?ref=ts < VOM Design by virtualONmars - Facebook

#198 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:37 AM

Thanks for your patience everyone who donated to me. I'll have details on how I'll award the prizes in the next couple days + a mega-update to the prize list. It nearly doubled since then.

#199 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:34 AM

The producer and art director of Final Fantasy XIII-2 were in town for press demos of the game, so they signed this for Extra Life.

Posted Image

#200 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:41 AM

I updated my contest thread to make it a little more popular. Please donate and enter if you have a chance folks. :D

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

#201 soonerjudd

soonerjudd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

anyone actually got contacted by bluedotlounge yet? just wondering...

I tried sending a message, just to find out when he's doing the drawing. No reply yet.

#202 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

bluedotlounge is a busy guy so don't worry if you don't hear from him.

fs_overall.png

#203 kazooie16

kazooie16

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

yea... posting a message just to check, not in any way wanting to rush him or anything
http://virtualONmars.spreadshirt.com/ < VOM Design by virtualONmars - T-shirts & Hoodies
http://vomdesign.blogspot.com/ <VOM Design by virtualONmars - Blog
http://www.facebook....41418205?ref=ts < VOM Design by virtualONmars - Facebook

#204 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

He may also be waiting for the end of the month since a lot of people are still collecting and doing make-up.

(I still have a bunch of cash I collected to deposit and then put into it)

#205 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

Yeah he is busy. He has a job, and loads of prizes to raffle off and get sent off. The man raised over $1,000, so this is no small task.

If he does it like last year, when he has everything figured out, he will post a list of names that are winners (which will probably be almost everybody). You then email him your address, and your package will come.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#206 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:39 AM

Yeah he is busy. He has a job, and loads of prizes to raffle off and get sent off. The man raised over $1,000, so this is no small task.

If he does it like last year, when he has everything figured out, he will post a list of names that are winners (which will probably be almost everybody). You then email him your address, and your package will come.

It sounded like he was doing something a little different this year with a turn by turn system first, then raffling off the rest of the stuff.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

#207 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:22 AM

Yes, I am busy, but I'm sure I'm no more busy than the most of you. ;) As some of you know, I'm a freelance games writer for Machinima, GamePro, Complex, and G4 (among other sites).

I'm considering making November 19th the cut-off day for my donations. Also, folks like Capcom, Square-Enix and Aniplex have expressed interest in helping out, but haven't come around to sending product, so I'm giving them extra time.

#208 soonerjudd

soonerjudd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

Yes, I am busy, but I'm sure I'm no more busy than the most of you. ;) As some of you know, I'm a freelance games writer for Machinima, GamePro, Complex, and G4 (among other sites).

I'm considering making November 19th the cut-off day for my donations. Also, folks like Capcom, Square-Enix and Aniplex have expressed interest in helping out, but haven't come around to sending product, so I'm giving them extra time.

Thanks for the update! I'm sooooo excited for this! Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss my chance.

#209 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:35 AM

Thanks for the update!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#210 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Just want to apologize the winners from my drawing, I apologize for the delay as some issues have come and will delay me sending out the prizes. I didn't forget about you guys, and will try to get them sent this weekend.

Again I apologize.