OnLive Sale Thread-Mafia II $3.50, LOTR: WN Deal

jaydepps

CAG Newbie
I figured I would start an all-purpose thread for OnLive sales since they are very frequent. It can just be updated with the current sales.

PlayPack Subscribers receive an additional 30% off on all games.

To keep up to date with all the OnLive sales as well as information about contests follow @OnLive.

Current Sales:

• Duke Nukem Forever-$39.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99
  • Gene Labs-$2.49 Now $1.99 PlayPack-$1.39
  • Homefront-$49.99 Now $29.99 PlayPack-$20.99
  • Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade-$29.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99

$5 Friday Deals:
These deals are every Friday and last for 24 hours. They are $5 and $3.50 for PlayPack subscribers.

Current Deal: Mafia II

Prior Deals:

• 09/02/11: Metro 2033
  • 08/26/11: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
  • 08/19/11: Aliens vs. Predator
  • 08/12/11: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.2
  • 08/05/11: Darksiders
  • 07/29/11: Just Cause 2
  • 07/22/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 07/15/11: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
  • 07/08/11: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • 06/24/11: MX vs. ATV Reflex
  • 06/17/11: Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  • 06/10/11: The Ball
  • 06/03/11: Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • 05/20/11: NBA 2K10
  • 05/13/11: Remington Super Slam: Hunting
  • 05/06/11: Dark Void
  • 04/22/11: Mafia II
  • 04/15/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 04/08/11: Unreal Tournament III
Pre-Order Deals:

• Batman: Arkham City-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Saint's Row: The Third-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99
Free Game/Console Code Info:
OnLive will be offering a free game of your choice or MicroConsole with the pre-order of Lord of the Rings: War in the North. The pre-order price of the games is $49.99 or $34.99 for PlayPack subscribers.

• OnLive charges immediately for pre-orders.
  • The free game or free MicroConsole coupon code for Lord of the Rings: War in the North expires October 1, 2011.
  • The free game coupon code cannot be used for pre-orders.
  • If you choose the MicroConsole you must pay an additional $10 shipping and handling.
  • The console comes with 1 controller, 2 batteries, rechargeable battery pack, AC adapter, and an HDMI cable.

About OnLive:
OnLive is instant gaming. No need to download games or have expensive equipment. OnLive has an extensive library of "PlayPack" games which are playable for a monthly fee of $9.99. On top of this they offer PlayPasses in which you can rent a game for 3 or 5 days or you can buy a full PlayPass to have the game.

To play OnLive all you need to do is simply download the player is simply register a free account at Onlive.com and download the program which takes only a minute. The OnLive player is PC and Mac ready. For those who prefer console gaming, OnLive has a system available for purchase for $100 or pre-order certain games and use your free coupon to get one for only $10 shipping and handling. Once you have the console or player ready you can play free trials of any game you wish to test the service out. No commitment needed.

For more information about the service check out OnLive's information page.

F
ree MicroConsoles:
For those who attend either Pax Prime or Eurogamer: OnLive will be giving out Microconsoles to those who stop by their booth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very good man. You also get a free console (+shipping) with the purchase of the Deus Ex Augmented edition. Onlive does have some great sales and promotions, especially with the playpack discount. I grabbed the Deus Ex Augmented edition for $37 so I could get a console for my buddy and I could have a 2nd controller for my console.

Thanks. Is the Deus Ex deal still active though?

EDIT: Just checked. This offer ended May 26, 2011. Added the $5 Friday deals.

Hmm...Arkham City for $34.99 and either Saints Row the Third or Deus Ex HR for free? That's kind of hard to pass up...:hot:

I ordered Deus Ex like a week ago and got my code for the console and it has already shipped and attempted delivery once, so I can confirm that it worked as of last week.

The free game codes do not work on pre-orders, but if Saint's Row comes out before the coupon expires you can just use it then. Deus Ex is coming out next week so that isn't a problem.

I just pre-ordered Deus EX Augmented Reality Edition from Onlive a few days ago for $37.79 as marked. I received my second console last night and will set it up at the gf's house. I am a founding member and subscribe to the Playpack...and I'm a very happy customer. Onlive is amazing for those who don't know. I can game anytime I want on nearly any platform. I'm able to play games that I'd normally wouldn't play with the Playpack. They add games to the pack on a nearly monthly basis, if not more. For $10 a month, it's a great deal. I understand it's not worth it if your ISP has a cap on your bandwidth. Since mine doesn't, it's awesome.

I think I'm going to pick up Space Marine as well in the near future. I can't pass up on these deals! Thanks for the thread OP!

If anyone has any questions regarding the service, feel free to PM me or ask in here. I'm a firm believer in this service and I fully believe that this will be the way of gaming in the future. Yes, it's that good.

[quote name='Pck21']I just pre-ordered Deus EX Augmented Reality Edition from Onlive a few days ago for $37.79 as marked. I received my second console last night and will set it up at the gf's house. I am a founding member and subscribe to the Playpack...and I'm a very happy customer. Onlive is amazing for those who don't know. I can game anytime I want on nearly any platform. I'm able to play games that I'd normally wouldn't play with the Playpack. They add games to the pack on a nearly monthly basis, if not more. For $10 a month, it's a great deal. I understand it's not worth it if your ISP has a cap on your bandwidth. Since mine doesn't, it's awesome.

I think I'm going to pick up Space Marine as well in the near future. I can't pass up on these deals! Thanks for the thread OP!

If anyone has any questions regarding the service, feel free to PM me or ask in here. I'm a firm believer in this service and I fully believe that this will be the way of gaming in the future. Yes, it's that good.[/QUOTE]

I'm with this guy. I really love Onlive, and the great deals and promotions they run, plus the fact I can play on my console and then pick them back up on my laptop. I remember when I first started using it when it came out and people were bashing it like crazy. Glad to see its only getting stronger and gaining more of a fanbase.

Anybody else want to share their onlive tags? Mine is Studentoftruth

[quote name='jaydepps']Mine is Jaydepps. I don't have any multiplayer games outside the PlayPack ones however.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I havent played much multiplayer except a little homefront, and some of Fear 3, I tried Duke Nukem Forever but it was dead when I tried. If you havent tried it the Fear 3 run like hell mode is pretty fun.

Onlive does have some great sales and promotions, especially with the playpack discount.
18.games.jpg

monitor-background-horizontal.png
monitor-background-vertical.png
monitor-play-button.png

Seems like a lot of people bought Duke Nukem Forever in this recent sale. Multiplayer is picking up lately. I still have yet to really try it out though. I've been meaning to try Fear 3 out though.

This is a great thread to have. Ive had onlive for a few months now and love it. Ive saved so much money on new games. I plan to pre order either Saints Row 3 or Batman and get Deus Ex for free. :)

[quote name='jaydepps']I'm having the same problem. Deus Ex or Saint's Row....[/QUOTE]

If your taking suggestions I'd say Deus Ex if you have another console. Saints Row is going to have a big multiplayer component with coop and thats one area that 360 and ps3 still are a whiles ahead just because of the install base, unless of course you have a friend with Onlive you plan on playing through with.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I'm with this guy. I really love Onlive, and the great deals and promotions they run, plus the fact I can play on my console and then pick them back up on my laptop. I remember when I first started using it when it came out and people were bashing it like crazy. Glad to see its only getting stronger and gaining more of a fanbase.

Anybody else want to share their onlive tags? Mine is Studentoftruth[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jaydepps']Mine is Jaydepps. I don't have any multiplayer games outside the PlayPack ones however.[/QUOTE]

I'll add both of you tomorrow night...we are having a huge rain storm and I never game with lightning about! I'm posting this via my phone if anyone calls me out on that one lol.

I tried the FEAR 3 MP, but no one was in the lobby, so I just played the solo mode. Seems like a ton of fun if people are online to play with. I'm definitely down for some MP action! :applause: :bouncy:

Definitely add me if you want! Hand2Gland is my Onlive ID. Woot!

[quote name='jaydepps']I'm having the same problem. Deus Ex or Saint's Row....[/QUOTE]

Definitely Deus Ex. Watch the videos on the gameplay elements and you'll see why. It made me pre-order right after I watched it. I agree that SR is going to be an MP experience, and Onlive doesn't have that yet. Give it time and it will, but not right now. I would pre-order Batman as well, but I got a deal on the CE from Amazon.

That's the only thing that's keeping me from buying a ton of games on Onlive at this time...I already most of them on other platforms thanks to this site. That being said, I saved some money from the Steam Summer Sale because some of the games that I would have normally plunked down $3 on were already in the Onlive Playpack. Buy a game that will take up hard drive space and is limited to one machine, or play it whenever, where ever, on any machine without taking up space? Duh! :lol:

Yea, I'll add you guys next time I am on. I don't have anyone on my friends list. I need to renew my PlayPack and I will once I get a job (hopefully soon having no luck). Once I get a job I will definitely pre-order Arkham Asylum and use my free code to get Deus Ex.

[quote name='jaydepps']Yea, I'll add you guys next time I am on. I don't have anyone on my friends list. I need to renew my PlayPack and I will once I get a job (hopefully soon having no luck). Once I get a job I will definitely pre-order Arkham Asylum and use my free code to get Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

No worries! I was able to send a FR to you in any case so jump on whenever. :D

Good to know. I'll check it out as soon as possible.

EDIT: Aliens vs. Predator is today's $5 Friday Deal. You have till midnight to redeem if you'd like.

Aliens vs Predator is this week's $5 Friday ($3.50 for playback subs)

Been wanting to get this game for a while now, good thing I held off on buying it a few days ago. :)
If anyone is interested on adding me, my OnliveTag is Dazed28

Tempted to get Batman and another new released game. Gotta plan it so I get two new releases for one price, but this is why I buy games on Onlive.

By the way, Arkham Asylum is in the op as a preorder, shouldn't it be Arkham CITY? Just a heads up.

Great thread.

I might buy Saints Row 3 and get Dues Ex free and the buy Batman AC and get Warhammer free. That plus playback bundle comes out to $80 for all 4 new releases ($10 for playback bundle, $34.99 each for Batman and Saints Row). Tempting... but backlog is too much, and I will probably still get these on 360.

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Aliens vs Predator is this week's $5 Friday ($3.50 for playback subs)

Been wanting to get this game for a while now, good thing I held off on buying it a few days ago. :)
If anyone is interested on adding me, my OnliveTag is Dazed28[/QUOTE]

I got your FR this morning. I'll accept it as soon as I get home tonight!

I might pick up this game at the $3.50 price. It's the lowest I'll get it anywhere else and I don't already have it. Sweet!

[quote name='nightmare452']Great thread.

I might buy Saints Row 3 and get Dues Ex free and the buy Batman AC and get Warhammer free. That plus playback bundle comes out to $80 for all 4 new releases ($10 for playback bundle, $34.99 each for Batman and Saints Row). Tempting... but backlog is too much, and I will probably still get these on 360.[/QUOTE]

You know, I might get SR3 and then, if possible, get Space Marine for free. Tempting!

Everyone feel free to add me on onlive. User name is VileDivinity . I also thought of doing Saints Row for Deus Ex and Batman for Warhammer but I'm still not sure. After hearing all the multiplayer talk for Saints Row I might just go for Batman and get Deus Ex for free.

[quote name='jaydepps']Does Space Marine have a set release date for OnLive?[/QUOTE]

Most games that are on pre order usually release same day as their console counterparts. So it should be releasing on the 6th.

I bit on AvP at $3.50 so if anyone is down from some MP sometime, hit me up. I also accepted a FR from someone...forgot who though lol.

Question:

Does the microconsole help the service run more smoothly? I plan to just hook it up to my monitor anyways, just wanted to know because it is either the microconsole or Deus Ex.

[quote name='S1yth']Question:

Does the microconsole help the service run more smoothly? I plan to just hook it up to my monitor anyways, just wanted to know because it is either the microconsole or Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

I believe if you buy Deus EX CE you can get the microconsole for free ($9.99 shipping though). I think it makes it look better on the console, but it could depend on your internet bandwidth, TV, and internet settings.

[quote name='Pck21']I believe if you buy Deus EX CE you can get the microconsole for free ($9.99 shipping though). I think it makes it look better on the console, but it could depend on your internet bandwidth, TV, and internet settings.[/QUOTE]

Was planning on grabbing Arkham City then using the free coupon on a console or Deus Ex.

The program runs perfectly fine on the PC, but the MicroConsole is nice because of the controller. This doesn't matter though if you prefer to use a keyboard or have a PC compatible controller.

EDIT: Well Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been added. Also, the PlayPack has added Blowout, Trapped Dead, Horse Planet, and Faery: Legend of Avalon.

Bumping this thread up so everyone knows that the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes with a free OnLive activation code.

[quote name='jaydepps']Bumping this thread up so everyone knows that the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes with a free OnLive activation code.[/QUOTE]

Sick. I'm gonna split the cost of the PC version with my buddy. That way he gets the PC version and I get the Onlive version and we each only pay $25

I preordered Saints Row III full play pass for $35 and used my free game promo code to get Deus Ex: Human Revolution last night. Unfortunately they would not let me buy the Augmented Edition with the code so no free soundtrack for me. I also just preordered Batman:Arkham City full play pass for $35 and got my free game promo code (expires Sept 14th I think) which I intend to use on Warhammer 40K: Space Marine when it comes out on Sept. 6. Sadly I will not be able to use the power sword unlock from playing the 360 version of Killteam. Oh well.

And I am a little bit worried because as near as I can tell the Onlive version of Dawn of War 2: Retribution still hasn't dropped and it was out on PC months ago. Some THQ games seem to have problems.

Still, if things go as planned then I will have four new games this late summer to fall for $70 total ($80 if you count the playpack monthly sub to get the 30% off discount). About one per month. Deus Ex (late Aug AKA now), 40K Space Marine (early Sept.), Batman Arkham City (Oct.) and Saints Row III (Nov.). Pretty awesome.

Hell even three games for $70 is pretty good if I miss the 40K Space Marine launch and the code expires.

PlayPack gives you access to 84 games instantly and unlimited. On top of that it gives a 30% discount off of all other games. Every Tuesday games are added to the PlayPack. For instance this week 4 games were added.

I think it is a great deal if you want to play any of the games in the Pack or if you intend on buying any regular games. It pays for itself.

Palaeomerus, very nice deals. Even if you can't get Space Marine, the code won't go to waste. Plenty of other games out there. But, from what I have read Space Marine is a go for September 6th.

EDIT: For those purchasing Deus Ex: Human Revolution(PC) from Gamestop expecting the OnLive code: There is a rumor circulating that Gamestop ordered their employees to open the games and throw the OnLive code out. As many of you know Gamestop is beginning their own streaming service soon. Selling a game with OnLive codes would be a conflict of interest. However, there is no concrete evidence of this as of now. Just fair warning.

[quote name='palaeomerus']I preordered Saints Row III full play pass for $35 and used my free game promo code to get Deus Ex: Human Revolution last night. Unfortunately they would not let me buy the Augmented Edition with the code so no free soundtrack for me. I also just preordered Batman:Arkham City full play pass for $35 and got my free game promo code (expires Sept 14th I think) which I intend to use on Warhammer 40K: Space Marine when it comes out on Sept. 6. Sadly I will not be able to use the power sword unlock from playing the 360 version of Killteam. Oh well.

And I am a little bit worried because as near as I can tell the Onlive version of Dawn of War 2: Retribution still hasn't dropped and it was out on PC months ago. Some THQ games seem to have problems.

Still, if things go as planned then I will have four new games this late summer to fall for $70 total ($80 if you count the playpack monthly sub to get the 30% off discount). About one per month. Deus Ex (late Aug AKA now), 40K Space Marine (early Sept.), Batman Arkham City (Oct.) and Saints Row III (Nov.). Pretty awesome.

Hell even three games for $70 is pretty good if I miss the 40K Space Marine launch and the code expires.[/QUOTE]

I got the Aug edition, and will probably never listen to the soundtrack. Is there a way I can give it to you? sorry im not very computer saavy

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I got the Aug edition, and will probably never listen to the soundtrack. Is there a way I can give it to you? sorry im not very computer saavy[/QUOTE]
I am also interested in the soundtrack if the above poster decides he doesn't want it. If it's just a download you could load it into a .zip file, upload to like megaupload or multiupload and just sent the URL to the person.

On a more related note after reading the comments here and some reviews I pulled the trigger for OnLive. Basically spent $10 for PlayPack, pre-ordered Saints Row 3 for $35 (b/c of playpack discount so spent $10 to save $15) and used the promo code to get the microconsole for $10.

Out the door for $55. Just hope they last for atleast a year or so :D. Thanks everyone for your comments on how the service is.

Don't worry, they'll last for much longer than a year. They are releasing in Europe next month. We are expecting a built-in browser to be added soon. Check every Tuesday because the PlayPack gets new games.

bread's done
Back