Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2446 replies to this topic

#481 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

I'm just wondering how you guys FEEL about him. For those that refuse to get caught up in the money sink of variants will you skip him? I personally wasn't even going to try to get the whole set but a recent craigslist score put me really close to doing that.

I feel that I could have done just as good without him. However he came with the 3DS version (which I really like) and honestly he looks cooler than the regular Spyro and my son likes him. I wouldn't have collected both of them buying them separately, but since you get them both with the 360 and 3DS, I have them.

We also have Legendary Spyro, so that makes three of the little buggers. That one was by choice, but mainly because my son really wanted that pack.

#482 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

Just an FYI, Toys'R'Us had a *TON* of figures in today. Like their whole display was restocked, easily 60+ single packs. Had at least 3 different triple packs as well, and several of each of them. And this was on top of the large shipment from last week of Legendaries. They did not have more Legendaries or any of the Level sets though right now.

Looks like the shortage is starting to end.

Thanks for the tip ... I got Cynder today from TRU. I'm done .... I have spent $100+ since Friday getting the game and all of the elements ... Even lucked out and got the elusive Stealth Elf from my local Walmart (in a three pack, no less!). My son is extremely excited! :)

#483 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

Posted Image

I took this picture today...mid-to-late afternoon at a Toys R Us. Bad news for resellers, good for those of us who just want to play the game.

I didn't buy any, but I did pick up Whirlwind, Cynder, and Zap. I heard somewhere there was one dragon in each element.

Does anyone know a list of just the dragons? Thanks in advance!

#484 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

God, that almost makes me want to go to Toys R Us for the first time in five years. Almost.
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/theunvisible/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Spoiler

#485 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

I took this picture today...mid-to-late afternoon at a Toys R Us. Bad news for resellers, good for those of us who just want to play the game.

Yeah, the TRU I went to yesterday had 5 Legendary sets and a bunch of the 3-packs. Good sign for people interested in playing.

That said, resale value of these on eBay has dipped considerably. Legendary commanded upwards of $75 a few weeks ago, but now seem to be topping out around $35. Just wish the stock was more consistent - and websites accurately represented in-store supply.

#486 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

I didn't buy any, but I did pick up Whirlwind, Cynder, and Zap. I heard somewhere there was one dragon in each element.

I haven't seen anything remotely like that around my way. The TRU website shows the Legendary packs are OOS at every store within hundreds of miles, though I'm not sure about it's accuracy as it pertains to Skylanders. After seeing all of these reports about restocks and full shelves, I couldn't bring myself to pay TRU's shipping cost when they were in stock earlier in the week. Now I'm thinking maybe I should have.

#487 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

I haven't seen anything remotely like that around my way. The TRU website shows the Legendary packs are OOS at every store within hundreds of miles, though I'm not sure about it's accuracy as it pertains to Skylanders. After seeing all of these reports about restocks and full shelves, I couldn't bring myself to pay TRU's shipping cost when they were in stock earlier in the week. Now I'm thinking maybe I should have.

Well, honestly it may just be that your stores are slower to restock. My store went from zero to completely full in less than a week, and it wasn't like I was there when they opened every day. Just go by every so often and I am sure you will find some soon and avoid the shipping.

#488 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Well, honestly it may just be that your stores are slower to restock. My store went from zero to completely full in less than a week, and it wasn't like I was there when they opened every day. Just go by every so often and I am sure you will find some soon and avoid the shipping.

Well don't forget the 15% off coupon you can use tomorrow that should help with the shipping

#489 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Spyro - Magic
Whirlwind - Air
Zap - Water
Sunburn - Fire
Camo - Life
Drobot - Tech
Cynder - Undead
Bash - Earth

#490 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Spyro - Magic
Whirlwind - Air
Zap - Water
Sunburn - Fire
Camo - Life
Drobot - Tech
Cynder - Undead
Bash - Earth

@Corvin: Thanks for the reply and the convenient list! So, that means for now, I still need to find regular Bash and Drobot to be up to date.

Also, is Warnado a dragon?

#491 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Also, is Warnado a dragon?

Turtle.

#492 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image

Holy shit man, wish my local stores looked like that!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#493 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

weird question: my son just opened a Cynder and he worked fine in the game (PS3) but when it came time to use him in the Web game, neither the code nor putting him on the portal worked. Both times we got an error message about the code being incorrect (even when we put the character on the portal).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

#494 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Just added the Pearl Hex to the OP, happy hunting Uncle Bob.

Here is a link pertaining the Skylanders Giants.

#495 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

Just picked up the ps3 starter pack for $42 brand new and the 3DS version (without figures) for $13 off of ebay. Then I went to Target and Walmart today and picked up Double Trouble and Dino-Rang. All in all I've spent $75 on this game and it hasn't even arrived yet... yikes.

#496 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

tons of double trouble and drill sergeant at my local best buy. I wonder if the shortage is breaking.

My favorite character now is Prism Break.

Can you cheat with skylanders in the sense that let's say you have 2 Prism Breaks, could you load up Prism Break (level 10) and then play with it and when you're done a level, go back to sanctuary and save to a new virgin Prism Break and then both would be level 10? This would be on the 3ds since it doesn't require continuous presence on the portal to play.

I don't have two of anything to test.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#497 io

io

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure they are all individually tagged so that wouldn't work. I don't think I've ever seen anyone answer the question of whether you can play with 2 of the same figure at the same time. I assume you can do that since they encourage the whole "bring your figs to your friend's house" paradigm. Then of course that implies they are tracked separately.

#498 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure they are all individually tagged so that wouldn't work. I don't think I've ever seen anyone answer the question of whether you can play with 2 of the same figure at the same time. I assume you can do that since they encourage the whole "bring your figs to your friend's house" paradigm. Then of course that implies they are tracked separately.

yeah, that makes sense on the console versions but the 3ds seems to do things differently. (It's kind of a pain in the ass to tell you the truth. I wish I could swap midstream like on the console.)

I suspected the RFID had a unique identifier but I wonder what would happen when you saved to a different one via the 3ds portal.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#499 io

io

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

yeah, that makes sense on the console versions but the 3ds seems to do things differently. (It's kind of a pain in the ass to tell you the truth. I wish I could swap midstream like on the console.)

I suspected the RFID had a unique identifier but I wonder what would happen when you saved to a different one via the 3ds portal.

Ah, the 3DS game, right. Well, I might just be able to check that out here as I currently have 2 Cynders. One is still sealed and has a wing broken off. I bought it back when they were rare and then found a non-broken one later. I was going to return it but I suppose I could try this test first.

So I should put on the high level one, then try to sync back to the new one? I've never actually synced anything from the 3DS one back to a figure so I'm not sure of the procedure there. Does it sync back when you talk to the crystal guy? I thought it removed the one you were currently using though?

If any CAG wants it of course let me know and I'll sell it at cost + shipping. The wing looks like it came out of the socket so it might simply just snap back in. I can't test that because I didn't want to open it in case I need to return it. Worst case it could be glued back in the socket with some super glue.

#500 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

Ah, the 3DS game, right. Well, I might just be able to check that out here as I currently have 2 Cynders. One is still sealed and has a wing broken off. I bought it back when they were rare and then found a non-broken one later. I was going to return it but I suppose I could try this test first.

So I should put on the high level one, then try to sync back to the new one? I've never actually synced anything from the 3DS one back to a figure so I'm not sure of the procedure there. Does it sync back when you talk to the crystal guy? I thought it removed the one you were currently using though?

If any CAG wants it of course let me know and I'll sell it at cost + shipping. The wing looks like it came out of the socket so it might simply just snap back in. I can't test that because I didn't want to open it in case I need to return it. Worst case it could be glued back in the socket with some super glue.

Actually, I assume that it stores the level attributes on the cart until you reuse that character. So if you load cynder, that figure never gets updated until you load cynder again later on.

So use the high level cynder, play a level, then switch out to another character. Then, switch back to virgin Cynder.

You might want to play a level with the other character first.

Ees7Y.jpg

#501 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

The 3DS game checks the skylanders in to the game and doesn't update their stats until you check them back into the game again. I would imagine it still uses the same RFIDs and would recognize that it's a different toy and start a fresh character.

As far as the home system goes- i can confirm that it can process 2 of the same toys at the same time and it doesn't get confused.
Spoiler

#502 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

I'll totally take the broken Cynder. It'll go well with my broken Hex...

Spoiler

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#503 io

io

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

Yeah, the wing is loose in this one. But unlike with Hex, I think this can be snapped right back in with maybe some glue to make sure it stays. It isn't broken in half like that.

Hex has a weak point at the elbow of the arm holding the skull. My kids broke ours in the same place just during light play.

#504 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

I'm beginning to think these skylanders figures aren't as rare as people are making them out to be. I went to TRU today and picked up a legendary happy trigger and the legendary 3 pack with bash, chop chop, and spyro. I also found a cynder and whirlwind no problem. I'm thinking I'll collect all the dragon ones + one or two other interesting ones I want and be done.

#505 io

io

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

I'm beginning to think these skylanders figures aren't as rare as people are making them out to be. I went to TRU today and picked up a legendary happy trigger and the legendary 3 pack with bash, chop chop, and spyro. I also found a cynder and whirlwind no problem. I'm thinking I'll collect all the dragon ones + one or two other interesting ones I want and be done.

Um, it is kind of a big deal if you found Legendary Trigger Happy because that hasn't been seen in the U.S. yet. All the auctions last week were from Canada as I understand it.

And yeah, if you stumble in there when they just restocked then it will look like they are easy to find ;).

My wife was at TRU Sunday and they didn't have a single figure available.

#506 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

Oh wow, had no clue. They actually had a bunch of legendary trigger happy - at least 10, if not more. This was at the Freehold, NJ TRU if anyone's interested.

#507 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

I held off from buying any Skylanders for a little while so I could save up money for a Vita. Now I'm back into buying mode again. Yesterday I picked up a Chop Chop and today I picked up a Flameslinger. Now all I need is Cynder and Voodood and I have all of the currently released figures.

#508 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

I bought a Chop Chop and Flameslinger last night as well, one at each of my Walmarts. My local one had one Flameslinger and one Whirlwind and that was it. The one further down the road had two Chop Chops, one Flameslinger and a Drill Sergeant. I went with Chop Chop just because he's badass-looking. Quite frankly, I hope they flood the market with these things before too long so I don't feel bad about opening and playing with them.
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/theunvisible/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Spoiler

#509 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Quite frankly, I hope they flood the market with these things before too long so I don't feel bad about opening and playing with them.

Lol, a part of me wants to keep them sealed in the plastic, but Fuck it. I get more satisfaction with them out and displayed.

#510 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

Just to let you guys know, Legendary Trigger Happy should be arriving to most TRU retail stores now.

Posted Image