Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I went to a Toysrus today in Glendale, AZ that had so many 3 packs and Darklight Crypts that they couldn't even all fit on the shelves (Probably around 20 or so of each one). Unfortunately they were all the (Hex, Dino-Rang, Zap) and (Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom, Wrecking Ball) which I don't need. No single packs or Legendary packs. At the Glendale Sears they had one single Drobot and nothing else.

I lucked out and got the 3DS version last week from amazon warehouse deals for $49 "like new". It arrives in a couple days.[/QUOTE]
A lot of people want that Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom triple pack. Goes for about $50 on ebay.

I also got the 3DS version from Amazon Warehouse for $49. Was listed as very good and that's the way it came. I just wanted Ignitor basically so I'll sell stealth elf and the game and maybe the dark spyro but he looks cooler than the normal spyro so I'm not sure yet.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Personally I think it's worth getting at least two characters of each element. If you're playing two-player it helps to have two characters with the same element since sometimes a section that requires a specific element will be difficult if both players don't have the same element. For example, some water-only sections require the character to physically go into the water and since you're tethered to the second player, not being able to bring the second character into the water limits the movement of the first player. I hope that made sense.

Plus the more characters you "collect," the more XP you gain. Also I think there's an elemental bonus for having more than one character of each element as well as other challenges to unlock.

Of course none of these perks really affect the gameplay itself but if you like two characters of the same element I say go for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, that is really good to know. I don't know that I will ever get to play multiplayer on it since most of my family doesn't like to play games with me :cry: but that is definitely something I should keep in mind.

I have some elements with more than one character so I will check what happens with those and maybe pick some of the ones up that I really like... I definitely plan to pick some more up down the road (because as others said, there is a really good chance they will be really cheap soon :D ) just because I think they are cool, so if there are bonuses for doing so, that would be awesome!

[quote name='io']Regular price on the starter packs is $69.99 - how did you spend $79.99 on it at Best Buy? It has always been $69.99 there...

That's what I thought when I was putting together a set for my son for Christmas. Now I'm out looking for the rest ;). So it wouldn't hurt to get more. If you can, get them from somewhere with a generous return policy (like 90 days at Target). If you start playing and then don't need the extras you can return the unopened ones.

It doesn't take long to upgrade them, so using multiples is not as big a deal as I thought.[/QUOTE]

Oops, that was a typo, I only paid $69.99, but still a little more than I would like to pay since I have already spent so much on Skylanders already... I at least wish Toy's R Us or someone would do a Buy 1 Get 1 x% off or Buy 2 Get 1 Free so I could get a little savings. I just feel like I'm going to turn around and these things are going to be on clearance everywhere, so I don't want to be kicking myself in a few months for getting caught up in the rush and spending so much on it.

I definitely will keep picking up some more figures now that I have the facts! I was going to change my Amazon order to get the triple pack that included Double Trouble and Whirlwind, but it looks like pretty much everything is sold out again, so I guess I will just keep my order. I wasn't really that into Drill Sergeant anyway, so I'm not too terribly upset... thought it would be nice to get a, basically, free figure.

Thanks again for all the info, I really appreciate it!

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I wouldn't buy them from TRU. Screw them and their price gouging.

The only place I have seen any Skylanders since after Christmas was two Wal-Marts. One of them only had 2 of Bash (which I bought one) and the other only had 1 VooDood (which I passed on). Toys R Us had some when I picked up the starter kit there (since it was on-sale) but again, I'm not buying them there.

I've checked multiple Wal-Marts, Kmarts, Target, GameStops, Sam's Club and Best Buy the past three days and no luck.[/QUOTE]

agreed- but if the alternative is Amazon/Ebay, but $2 isn't a lot.

I haven't had any trouble finding any of them.. I went out when the game came out and got a full set for myself. In November/December I got my nephew enough to ensure that he had a set of 8, and I also snagged the Wave 2 figures on my first trip.

I don't know if things have changed in the post-christmas market, but I'd imagine they haven't. If anyone is looking for something, let me know. I can try to find it.

[quote name='nbballard']agreed- but if the alternative is Amazon/Ebay, but $2 isn't a lot.

I haven't had any trouble finding any of them.. I went out when the game came out and got a full set for myself. In November/December I got my nephew enough to ensure that he had a set of 8, and I also snagged the Wave 2 figures on my first trip.

I don't know if things have changed in the post-christmas market, but I'd imagine they haven't. If anyone is looking for something, let me know. I can try to find it.[/QUOTE]

You are more than likely wrong haha

Things have changed drastically in the post-xmas market. i regularly saw these everywhere fully stocked and one day they all vanished.

[quote name='jacknicklson']You are more than likely wrong haha

Things have changed drastically in the post-xmas market. i regularly saw these everywhere fully stocked and one day they all vanished.[/QUOTE]
Both of my best buys seem to have a pretty good inventory based on some trips I've made in the last 2 weeks. Target seemed to be a bit of a mess, but they had figures.

Granted- i wasn't looking for any at the time, so they may have all been the same, but the shelves were stocked.

I am a manager at a Target store and we're not even expecting any until the middle of next week. I went to a Gamestop today and they told me the same thing. Everybody around here is totally out of them. Honestly I don't even expect the company to ship any of them out until next week so I should just give up looking until then.

[quote name='nbballard']Both of my best buys seem to have a pretty good inventory based on some trips I've made in the last 2 weeks. Target seemed to be a bit of a mess, but they had figures.

Granted- i wasn't looking for any at the time, so they may have all been the same, but the shelves were stocked.[/QUOTE]

You are lucky my man.

I got lucky today and picked up Hex, Wrecking Ball, and Zap at Best Buy. They had 3 others and that was it. Boomer, Dino-Rang, and Eruptor I think. I did in-store pickup when I saw they were in-stock and got lucky as I was interested in all 3 especially Zap to co-op the water parts with Gill "BEASTMODE" Grunt

[quote name='nbballard']
I don't know if things have changed in the post-christmas market, but I'd imagine they haven't.[/QUOTE]

Funniest statement of the year. YES, it changed dramatically post-Christmas. But in particular from around the 27th-28th on. They were still around the day or two after but then all the people who got them for presents were out looking for more figs.

[quote name='jacknicklson']You are lucky my man.

I got lucky today and picked up Hex, Wrecking Ball, and Zap at Best Buy. They had 3 others and that was it. Boomer, Dino-Rang, and Eruptor I think. I did in-store pickup when I saw they were in-stock and got lucky as I was interested in all 3 especially Zap to co-op the water parts with Gill "BEASTMODE" Grunt[/QUOTE]

I did a store pickup too. I haven't gotten it yet but I called last night to see what they pulled and it is apparently Hex, Boomer, and Zap. We have the latter two so I will probably just cancel the order when I'm there and buy Hex on its own (and use an RZ cert in the process).

By the way, the Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang 3-pack is in stock at Amazon right now:

http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-Sp...2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1326324862&sr=1-12

I got one of the new Empire of Ice Adventure sets today while at the Walmart in Goodyear, AZ. They had about six of that set left along with 3 Pirate sets and about 30 random singles from waves 1 & 2. The lady in electronics said they had just put them out this morning. I then went to the Goodyear Toysrus (still looking to get a Chop Chop and a Legendary set) and they had about 30 of the triple packs (Hex, Wrecking Ball, Zap & Stealth Elf, Wrecking Ball, Sonic Boom) and a ton of Darklight Crypts. They had all Skylanders marked at 15% off which still makes them more expensive then every other store but they had the Darklight Crypts on sale for $14.99.

Now that's a surprise (Empire of Ice being out already). If I could snag one of those when I'm out later my son will be uber-excited. But I somehow doubt I'd find that ;).

[quote name='io']Now that's a surprise (Empire of Ice being out already). If I could snag one of those when I'm out later my son will be uber-excited. But I somehow doubt I'd find that ;).[/QUOTE]

They're selling on ebay already for $100+ which is ridiculous.

I ran around several stores today in Anderson, SC and Greenville, SC and found multiples of Zap, Hex, Boomer, DnoRang and Ignitor.....if only I could find Sonic Boom or Flameslinger.

Will have to hit stores next week for the Empire of Ice and pirate adventure 3-packs.

^^ Ignitor? Do you mean Eruptor? Ignitor is the one in the 3DS pack that will eventually be released separately but I don't think that is until a few months from now.

[quote name='io']^^ Ignitor? Do you mean Eruptor? Ignitor is the one in the 3DS pack that will eventually be released separately but I don't think that is until a few months from now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. My bad......I meant Eruptor. My kids are dying for Ignitor too. I also happen to think it's the coolest looking one.

Prism Break and Stump Smash are already OOS again at Amazon. That was quick. The rest I listed are still there. I would jump on Drobot quickly if you have any interest.

I checked Best Buy's website today and saw that they had three packs in-stock. I ran up there and grabbed a Hex, Dino-Rang, and Zap three pack. They had a single Stump Smash that somebody just returned too and I grabbed it as well.

I went to TRU, Target, Gamestop, and Best Buy tonight and saw not a single skylanders 1-pack, 3-pack, or adventure pack. And even the 3DS starter packs are starting to run low.

I did pick up my store pickup order from Best Buy (got Hex). And I was glad I was able to spot it when Prism Break was in stock at Amazon earlier in the day and got that ordered.

That leaves only Chop-Chop, Drill Sargeant, and Whirlwind (plus the Legendary pack and the 3DS pack figures) left to get.

[quote name='io']

That leaves only Chop-Chop, Drill Sargeant, and Whirlwind (plus the Legendary pack and the 3DS pack figures) left to get.[/QUOTE]

Those are the one's I still need also not counting the 3DS figures.

Going to have to check my local Walmart for that adventure pack tomorrow.

Anyone have a favorite Skylander they use? Should I snort and laugh as I ask that? I feel like such a nerd.

Anyway, I've only briefly played with each of them to check out their starting abilities. So far the ones I liked best were Drobot, Flameslinger, and Terrafin.

If asked what my favorite characters were I'd go with Chop chop, Ignitor, Stealth Elf, and Sonic Boom.

[quote name='Rod92905']I actually found the Empire of Ice pack at Best Buy. Couldn't believe it.[/QUOTE]

I did too, 2 of them. I was totaly shocked. Canceled my Walmart preorder lol. I went to 2 different Walmarts on the way home and found 5 different one I didnt have. SO i ended up grabbing Hex, Boomer, Wrecking Ball, Zap and Dino-Rang. Still need a leaf and wind one.

I have a question. This Volcanic Vault, so i understand it a one time use thing that just unlocks something? I really dont want to spend a ton of money on something that you use one time to register it with a game save and never use it again. If thats the case would someone that has it be nice and maybe share? Would pay for shipping to me and turn around and ship it right back? Pretty please? lol :bouncy:

I wouldn't bother. I had the same idea and looked into it. The Volcanic Vault that comes with the Wii, 360 and PS3 Starter sets (I hear that it's in the ones sold by themselves) not n the ones in the Best Buy Mega-packs or the 3DS, is only a VS. board. And not even a "new one" at that. It's just a new skin for the Aquaduct one where instead of water, you have Lave.

I'm starting to feel what you guys are experiencing. I didn't find the new Adventure pack in my searching yesterday (Best Buy, Target, TRU, Gamestop and Wal-mart). My BBY and Wal-Mart were stocked pretty well with single 1st wave figures but Target was cleaned out Gamestop only had the Pirate Packs.

Has anyone checked Sears? They had figures when the game came out. Seems like a not so obvious place to look for them.

My sister called and woke me up this morning complaining that my nephew had used the stickers that came with his figures on his bedroom wall and that he was getting obsessive about the game. She was upset that they hadn't been able to find any more figures and he keeps nagging her about it. Christmas win!

Called Gamestop yesterday after work and I wish I'd thought of it earlier. Seems all the area Gamestop's got in the new wave. Empire of Ice (which I already have and didn't need) and the Double Trouble 3-pack. Obviously all the new ones were gone but I did find a single Sonic Boom I was needing.

I called a few other Gamestop's today and one of them the manager admitted to me that they got one of each of the new ones but he got them for his kid. I guess I don't blame him but it's a bit screwy that he did that me thinks.

Well on Saturday I was able to get the Walmart in my area to price match the Kmart add and they let me buy the 3DS version for $49.99.

So now I got an Ignitor and Dark Spyro for my kids. With the $27 gift card (from returned gifts) and the $20 I already got for selling the Stealth Elf loose, I pretty much paid $8 for the Ignitor, Dark Spyro and a small Portal of Power to leave hooked up to my PC for when the kids want to play the web based game. I felt good about that deal.

Also this morning I called Target and they had one of the Double Trouble/Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant 3-pack. I already had Whirlwind so I sold the one from the 3-pack loose for $30. I made $20 and got two brand new figures my kids needed.

Now, all I am needing is Cynder and with her coming out in the next wave or so in a 3-pack with two other brand new characters I am in no hurry for her.

The Target I work at got a bunch in today. I passed on all of the new ones and picked up Dark Crypt pack (I really wanted Ghost Roaster) and Eruptor. Now all I need is a wind element and I have all elements. I need the other two packs too since I beat the game and ran out of levels to play.

I must say, Ghost Roaster is a beast! Hopefully he'll be useful for getting that "beat kaos without swapping skylanders" achievement on 360.

^ the easiest way to do that is a fully lvl'd Gill Grunt with the water power path. The little add on powers don't hurt either- like the swords and health regeneration.

[quote name='nbballard']^ the easiest way to do that is a fully lvl'd Gill Grunt with the water power path. The little add on powers don't hurt either- like the swords and health regeneration.[/QUOTE]

My son and I tried this tonight. Not only did we have Gill Grunt fully upgraded, but I had also taken him through most of the heroic challenges, which provide permanent stat boosts (as I understand it).

My son was Trigger Happy and I was Gill Grunt. We made it about 2/3 the way through, then I died as Gill Grunt. He didn't seem powerful at all though I'm not sure we did the water power path or not. Then I went through 2 more characters but my son made it through the whole way! Of course no trophy because I had died. Oh well... To be fair, one time when the 3 evil chars were attacking us, 2 were ganging up on me and he wasn't helping - so I died once from that ;). The other time there was so much going on on-screen I couldn't even tell where I was and I was apparently getting pounded by something.

What I don't get is the dodging the sharks one - do you have to make 35 (or whetever it is) close calls so that you get the slo-mo thing happening? Because that seems nearly impossible to me - one of those 35 times you are gonna bump one by accident.

^do you tap the attack buttons while shooting his water cannon? The fully upgraded cannon is a spray of water and tapping that button (or another- can't remember) releases starfish and shells within the stream. Makes for a ton of hits.

Here is a link on PS3Trophies where it is discussed in more depth: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/skylanders-spyros-adventure/130766-one-all-seriously.html

Regarding the sharks- yea, it's in a row. Once they start coming fast, it's pretty easy if you get a good line on them.

The thing to keep in mind for both trophies is that if you fail- gameover. you'll restart at the boss fight and you can try again really fast. You don't have to play through the whole level again.

I'm curious about this game since there is so much buzz on CAG deals on this. The concept seem very similar to Webkinz fad. You buy a stuff animal that comes with a code. Enter the code on their website to obtain that pet so you can use them in a video game. Is this any different from Webkinz?

Thanks for the tips guys. I got it with the fully upgraded Gill Grunt without too much trouble (still tough though). I got all of the achievements on the 360 version today (or "platinum'd for you PS3 folks). The two that gave me the most trouble were the laser dodging one and the final boss one. I'm not sure if I want to 100% the game or not via collectibles and figurines but we'll see. I'll still continue to purchase the adventure packs though.

Finally caved and bought a "used" Amazon Warehouse Deals copy of the game under $40, just to see what all the fuss is about. My one concern is that the figures will have been registered / used, and I'll have to figure out how to reset them (vs. buying replacements, if I'm still interested).

Don't see myself being a collector, but could see myself getting one of each type if I like the game.

[quote name='bjkrautk']Finally caved and bought a "used" Amazon Warehouse Deals copy of the game under $40, just to see what all the fuss is about. My one concern is that the figures will have been registered / used, and I'll have to figure out how to reset them (vs. buying replacements, if I'm still interested).[/QUOTE]

You can't reset them, AFAIK.

Gamestop has it new for $50 this week.

Just came back from Gamestop in Cerritos, CA. They had some singles. I was able to pick up Flameslinger and Chop Chop.

I just ordered Sonic Boom off Amazon for 7.99 as well.

You can reset the characters experience levels, and change their names, registered system, etc from the options when you pause the game.

If the figure bugs out and doesn't work, the only way to reset it from there is with the 3DS game.

Is there any kind of Skylanders trading thread? I've been hitting up just about every Target, BBY, WM, and GS for Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind & Drill Sergeant but have had no luck.

I've got a few extras that are still new on card, hoping to find someone willing to do 1:1 trades, but with all the resellers it seems like that probably wont happen.

[quote name='Bezerker']Is there any kind of Skylanders trading thread? I've been hitting up just about every Target, BBY, WM, and GS for Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind & Drill Sergeant but have had no luck.

I've got a few extras that are still new on card, hoping to find someone willing to do 1:1 trades, but with all the resellers it seems like that probably wont happen.[/QUOTE]

Set it up. I've got some extras myself. I need a Cynder and I have an extra starter set, an extra portal (ps3), Drill Serg, and Whirl Wind.

So, anyone actually playing the game? :lol:

I'm curious if anyone has found a good place to power level and/or build up money. Pirate seas works pretty good. Just wondering if there is another.

Oh, I tried the treasure chest respawn trick and it won't work in the ruins, says it's already been used on that level.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']You are all fucking with me, right?[/QUOTE]

be careful, they are forming a cult, conform to them or die. and dont try to tell them they are being fucked over by being forced to pay $200 bucks for a 50 dollar game, they flip out. ALL HAIL ACTIVISION!!!

[quote name='ritchardf']be careful, they are forming a cult, conform to them or die. and dont try to tell them they are being fucked over by being forced to pay $200 bucks for a 50 dollar game, they flip out. ALL HAIL ACTIVISION!!![/QUOTE]

3DS Starter $29 shipped from amazon 3rd party
Wii Starter $32.49 shipped from Amazon Warehouse deals
Darklight Crypt $14.99 on sale at TRU
Bash single fig $2 at Goodwill
Sonic Boom single fig $7.99 shipped from Amazon

Let's see, that puts me at $86.47 for 2 complete and distinct games and everything I need to play them and see all the content (including the mini-expansion Darklight Crypt).

Thanks for your input but it's wrong and not really needed.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']3DS Starter $29 shipped from amazon 3rd party
Wii Starter $32.49 shipped from Amazon Warehouse deals
Darklight Crypt $14.99 on sale at TRU
Bash single fig $2 at Goodwill
Sonic Boom single fig $7.99 shipped from Amazon

Let's see, that puts me at $86.47 for 2 complete and distinct games and everything I need to play them and see all the content (including the mini-expansion Darklight Crypt).

Thanks for your input but it's wrong and not really needed.[/QUOTE]

I saw the 3DS ones, but all of the cheap ones said no figures.

[quote name='elessar123']I saw the 3DS ones, but all of the cheap ones said no figures.[/QUOTE]

yeah, they usually do say that but I managed to find one that didn't have that in description so I decided to take a shot. Sure enough, it came with everything.

[quote name='Corvin']So, anyone actually playing the game? :lol:

I'm curious if anyone has found a good place to power level and/or build up money. Pirate seas works pretty good. Just wondering if there is another.[/QUOTE]
The later levels that look like a dungeon have an enemy that spawn little baby spiders. As long as you don't kill the thing generating them, they will keep coming forever. You can load up on experience there. Also, since it's later in the game, the loot is pretty heavy too. You should be able to max out there.

[quote name='Corvin']So, anyone actually playing the game? :lol:

I'm curious if anyone has found a good place to power level and/or build up money. Pirate seas works pretty good. Just wondering if there is another.

Oh, I tried the treasure chest respawn trick and it won't work in the ruins, says it's already been used on that level.[/QUOTE]

Replaying Kaos' Lair level is pretty much the best way to power level. You can typically gain at least one level each play through. The money is plentiful too.

[quote name='ritchardf']be careful, they are forming a cult, conform to them or die. and dont try to tell them they are being fucked over by being forced to pay $200 bucks for a 50 dollar game, they flip out. ALL HAIL ACTIVISION!!![/QUOTE]

I also hate it when people enjoy things. AAAH! HOW DARE THEY!

bread's done
Back