Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

So the Target I work at (I'm the manager over the Electronics department) got Skylanders in today for the new Sunday ad since they're featured in it. I had the day off so I drove up there around noon since I knew we had them today. When I got there, one of my employees told me people burst into the door at 8:00 this morning and sprinted back there and all of them were sold within 15min. Geez!

I also set a 2 item limit on them due to the high demand. We had a lot of older people coming in without children and buying whole baskets full of them. It was obvious the eBay hoarders were hitting us so to make things fair I set a 2 item limit on them. Nobody complained about it luckily so all was well, but we did have a couple try to pull the whole "go to the checklanes because they won't know" trick and failed.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']So the Target I work at (I'm the manager over the Electronics department) got Skylanders in today for the new Sunday ad since they're featured in it. I had the day off so I drove up there around noon since I knew we had them today. When I got there, one of my employees told me people burst into the door at 8:00 this morning and sprinted back there and all of them were sold within 15min. Geez!

I also set a 2 item limit on them due to the high demand. We had a lot of older people coming in without children and buying whole baskets full of them. It was obvious the eBay hoarders were hitting us so to make things fair I set a 2 item limit on them. Nobody complained about it luckily so all was well, but we did have a couple try to pull the whole "go to the checklanes because they won't know" trick and failed.[/QUOTE]Does your Target restock every morning before opening if they get a shipment?

I went to one of my Targets during opening time on a weekday and there were no Skylanders to be found. I come back several hours later to find several Skylanders on the end caps.

All of our Targets put their shipments out Friday and didn't save any for Sunday. Of course I found that out on Sunday. :lol:

[quote name='FaintDeftone']
I also set a 2 item limit on them due to the high demand. [/QUOTE]

2 of each, or 2 Skylanders, period?

Also just because someone looks like a hoarder doesn't mean they are. I'm trying to track down a Stealth Elf for 3 different friends/co-workers. I already have her(bought before Christmas), but for whatever reason, nobody else can find her. They all know I hunt down these things and will more than likely buy all three if a store has them.

[quote name='nbballard']The later levels that look like a dungeon have an enemy that spawn little baby spiders.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Replaying Kaos' Lair level is pretty much the best way to power level. You can typically gain at least one level each play through. The money is plentiful too.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. We're not that far yet.

Asked this in the deals thread but figure this is the more appropriate place.
- With the expansions, I are the key pieces pretty much one and done? I mean, I know once you open up the level you don't need to put the key on anymore, but can it be used by another player? I'm guessing no.
- I have the 3 regular starter characters (360 version) and Drobot, Prism Break, Boomer, Voodood, Sonic Boom, Chop Chop, Flameslinger, and Stump Smash. I believe that gives me at least one character from each element. Are there any other must-have figures?

The items can be used once per level each time you play, but the treasure chest seems to be one and done per level, period.

I highly recommend Stealth Elf. I maxed her out over the weekend and she is unstoppable.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Does your Target restock every morning before opening if they get a shipment?

I went to one of my Targets during opening time on a weekday and there were no Skylanders to be found. I come back several hours later to find several Skylanders on the end caps.[/QUOTE]

My Target gets trucks three times a week. They could show up on any of those trucks. Last week we got some on both Monday and Friday. They were gone as soon as they were put out. The Friday shipment last until 15 minutes after we opened before they were all gone. It's nuts!

We can also get shipments of them in drop shipments that are dropped off by UPS or FedEx in the afternoon around noon. Typically, we get them on the overnight trucks though.

[quote name='Corvin']All of our Targets put their shipments out Friday and didn't save any for Sunday. Of course I found that out on Sunday. :lol:

2 of each, or 2 Skylanders, period?

Also just because someone looks like a hoarder doesn't mean they are. I'm trying to track down a Stealth Elf for 3 different friends/co-workers. I already have her(bought before Christmas), but for whatever reason, nobody else can find her. They all know I hunt down these things and will more than likely buy all three if a store has them.

Good to know. We're not that far yet.[/QUOTE]

2 packages. So you can buy two three packs, or a single pack and an adventure pack, ect. Honestly, if we didn't put a limit on them, some douche would buy up as many as he could and screw over every one else.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']My Target gets trucks three times a week. They could show up on any of those trucks. Last week we got some on both Monday and Friday. They were gone as soon as they were put out. The Friday shipment last until 15 minutes after we opened before they were all gone. It's nuts!

We can also get shipments of them in drop shipments that are dropped off by UPS or FedEx in the afternoon around noon. Typically, we get them on the overnight trucks though.[/QUOTE]Interesting. So basically most of customers come before opening not knowing if they will be in stock or not? Just hoping to get lucky?

There was a time when I went to Target in the morning and there was nothing on the end racks. I came back several hours later to get something else and noticed there were now several in stock. I'm guessing it was a drop shipment during noon. How long is the turnaround time usually to unpack those drop shipments so they can be put up for sale?

So, does everyone here know there is actually a pretty slick web-based game for these things? My 9 year-old is now all into playing that. It is a lot like Club Penguin that he was really into about a year ago - but there's no "premium content" monthly fee. And you can use the portal (any of them) with the computer to get them into the web game (this must be why the 3DS version comes with a USB cable). I'm not talking about the PC/Mac version of the game here - it is an actual web site game that has some pretty nice minigames and such. And it is the only version with any sort of online component. You can see other people's Skylanders running around in the hub world, create a friend's list, chat, etc.

I mean, this is just gravy on top of the whole experience and definitely adds replay and more to do with the figures. You know those codes that come with the figures? Well, I only tried one of those and it told me it was invalid. But since you can just drop the fig on a portal (after installing a driver for it) they aren't necessary anyway. The figure keeps both its console adventure and online game stats (both of which you can view on the site). Even if you have no figures, they give you a few to start with so anyone can get into the web game. It is nothing mind-blowing of course, but a fun diversion for kids and a way for my son not to tie up the TV yet still get to play with his Skylanders ;).

You can even register all the Adventure pack pieces (even the Volcanic Vault) on the web-based game though I don't think they do anything besides maybe get added to your collection.

I went to the nearest Wal-mart and finally found some figures.

Managed to get Cynder (Undead) and Flameslinger (Fire). I saw the formerly-exclusive Whirlwind, Double Trouble, and Drill Sargent, but I'm holding off since I'm getting a triple character pack with Stealth Elf (Life), Wrecking Ball (another Magic next to Spyro), and Sonic Boom (Air) shipped to me next week.

With that and the starter characters (Spyro [Magic], Trigger Happy [Tech], and Gill Grunt [Water]), all that's left is Earth, so I may get the Pirate pack with Terrafin.

After that, I might just get one more of each element.

I really want Ignitor after seeing the preview, but I don't want the 3DS pack.

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']I went to the nearest Wal-mart and finally found some figures.

Managed to get Cynder (Undead) and Flameslinger (Fire). I saw the formerly-exclusive Whirlwind, Double Trouble, and Drill Sargent, but I'm holding off since I'm getting a triple character pack with Stealth Elf (Life), Wrecking Ball (another Magic next to Spyro), and Sonic Boom (Air) shipped to me next week.

With that and the starter characters (Spyro [Magic], Trigger Happy [Tech], and Gill Grunt [Water]), all that's left is Earth, so I may get the Pirate pack with Terrafin.

After that, I might just get one more of each element.

I really want Ignitor after seeing the preview, but I don't want the 3DS pack.[/QUOTE]Just went to my WM and nothing. Are you on the east coast? Out of curiosity, how often do you check your WM?

I'm pretty sure I read that Ignitor will be coming out separately later - but it might not be until late Spring or even Summer.

[quote name='io']I'm pretty sure I read that Ignitor will be coming out separately later - but it might not be until late Spring or even Summer.[/QUOTE]

He will. Single and part of a 3 pack.

Finally found a few Skylanders today, at the Irvine (CA) Spectrum Target. Finally got the Chop Chop my son's been looking for, and a Double Trouble/Cynder for a friend. There were a couple Darklight Crypts and Pirate Seas about an hour ago, if anyone's interested. Willing to trade the Cynder for a new in package Stealth Elf. Been looking everywhere for one of those.

[quote name='Corvin']The items can be used once per level each time you play, but the treasure chest seems to be one and done per level, period.

I highly recommend Stealth Elf. I maxed her out over the weekend and she is unstoppable.[/QUOTE]

Ive bee able to get the treasure chest to spawn millions of times per level

^ What version of the game are you playing? I think there are some glitches in the Wii version that don't exist in others.

Also - If anyone has time, we need to update the OP to include all of the available retail packs and the proposed Spring release schedule. Sorry- been too busy with work to get much of anything done.

[quote name='nbballard']^ What version of the game are you playing? I think there are some glitches in the Wii version that don't exist in others.

Also - If anyone has time, we need to update the OP to include all of the available retail packs and the proposed Spring release schedule. Sorry- been too busy with work to get much of anything done.[/QUOTE]

This was at my cousins house on her wii i have the 360 version havent tried the chest on it yet.

I have the list ill put it up later

[quote name='nbballard']^ What version of the game are you playing? I think there are some glitches in the Wii version that don't exist in others.

Also - If anyone has time, we need to update the OP to include all of the available retail packs and the proposed Spring release schedule. Sorry- been too busy with work to get much of anything done.[/QUOTE]

OP Updated!

Didn't put Spring info in there so anybody else feel free.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Just went to my WM and nothing. Are you on the east coast? Out of curiosity, how often do you check your WM?[/QUOTE]
Georgia.

I just checked in the morning, then at 3:30PM. I'm just lucky to find a couple.

If I can find a better income, I can definitely buy more.

Stuff I found in Memphis tonight:
Just went to TRU, target and BBY in Memphis (Winchester).

TRU had singles from wave 1-3 including Cynder and all the gang. No 3 packs or adventure sets.

BBY had Cynder, Double Trouble, whirlwind, Drill Sgt. and some wave ones.

Target only had Adventure packs- but they had all 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nbballard']Just went to TRU, target and BBY in Memphis (Winchester). TRU had singles from wave 1-3 including Cynder and all the gang. No 3 packs or adventure sets. BBY had Cynder, Double Trouble, whirlwind, Drill Sgt. and some wave ones. Target only had Adventure packs- but they had all 3.[/QUOTE]

When's the last time you checked at your TRU? It seems like all of the other retailers in my area have restocked at least once in the last week-and-a-half except TRU. I was there earlier today, and they had one Drobot and one Bash. It's somewhat comical because TRU has by far the biggest Skylanders display of any retailer (more than half of a long aisle along the wall at mine), so to see two lone figures is kind of ridiculous.

[quote name='winterlane']When's the last time you checked at your TRU? It seems like all of the other retailers in my area have restocked at least once in the last week-and-a-half except TRU. I was there earlier today, and they had one Drobot and one Bash. It's somewhat comical because TRU has by far the biggest Skylanders display of any retailer (more than half of a long aisle along the wall at mine), so to see two lone figures is kind of ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
TRU usually just has a wall of Vault packs- but tonight they were loaded. Honestly, I think they must have just restocked. The shelves were too even for anyone to have been shopping off of them for very long.

I went last Monday when everything came out and they didn't have anything at all.

sorry LLeopardGGecko, jcmeadows, and sirplue. i posted my legendary set on ebay before i checked the thread.

Jeezus, I checked the prices on the legendary pack on eBay and wow. Still a gimmick? lol... At least I purchased all the 3-packs packs for $40 when the game first came out.

[quote name='DonWii']Do we know if the volcanic vault will be released seperately?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing last night. I had to look up what it was/did and it sounds totally useless.

[quote name='Jav0r']What stores carry the Gold Skylander toys?[/QUOTE]
I think that anybody can carry them- they are just a varient release.

Has anyone confirmed if these are intentional or just an artifact of crappy quality control?

I only ask because if they were intentional, you think they would only be in the single packs, but I've seen pictures of 3 packs where one of the guys is gold or silver.

Went to a Walmart yesterday and snagged two Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant 3-packs.

Went to another Walmart this morning--tons of single packs and 3-packs, but none of the new ones and no adventure packs.

Went to a Target and found absolutely nothing.

For those who have found it: Where are you guys finding Empire of Ice?

I've seen the empire pack actually everywhere. Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Gamestop. Double Trouble I have yet to see at Best Buy or Gamestop, and I only found Cynder at Walmart. Walmart has been the sweet spot for me, but I think they stock in the middle of the day as I have gone to all these places around 3:00-5:00pm and only Walmart ever looks relatively untouched. The other places seem to stock for opening and are cleaned out by the afternoons. Makes sense given most Walmarts are 24/7 so when they stock things is less relevant.

[quote name='Bioterror']Is the target in-store checker accurate?[/QUOTE]

No they're not... I just found that out this afternoon on my lunch break.

I just got the games (PS3 and 3DS starter kits) this week from Best Buy - after a long search for a copy with the Volcanic Vault. At this time, not all packages in Best Buy have them.

Yeah, I guess I got lucky the first few times with the Target app, but the past two times I've struck out despite it showing 'in-stock.'

All of the Targets in my area restocked today, and they all must have received the same shipment. Saw the exact same packs at each location:

3-Packs: Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash, Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom, Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant
Singles: Drobot, Flameslinger, and Prism Break

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']Still couldn't find the Adventure pack with Terrafin, so I went with Dino Rang.[/QUOTE]

Saw that one yesterday, bit I didn't pick it up. Terrafin looked stupid in-game, lol.

[quote name='winterlane']All of the Targets in my area restocked today, and they all must have received the same shipment. Saw the exact same packs at each location:

3-Packs: Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash, Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom, Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant
Singles: Drobot, Flameslinger, and Prism Break[/QUOTE]

that what my local gamestop got today in the package. only one of each though. bought the all 3-packs since i didnt have them yet. just started the hunt last monday. i arrived at the store just in time when they were opening the boxes. the employee said "good thing you came early, an hour late and you wouldnt have any". im heading to the other gamestop near my house after work to see if they restock and have a different set.

my local target, walmart, and toysrus did not have any!

All the stores seemed to get a shipment today around 2:30.
My local target and Gamestop had a bunch of figures in today
FYI I live in daly city, ca

:whee:

ef7a1bd4.jpg

Holy crap. Too bad my team's on in 5. I really don't feel like going out.

[quote name='SCUD4LIFE']All the stores seemed to get a shipment today around 2:30.
My local target and Gamestop had a bunch of figures in today
FYI I live in daly city, ca[/QUOTE]

I'm West Coast and clearly this is not the same everywhere - just called 2 GS stores and nothing. One said they haven't had any in a while but should be getting them very soon and to call back around noon as that's when shipments usually come in.

And I'm pretty sure my Target got them in yesterday (based on finding a few stragglers there last night).

bread's done
Back