So I jumped into the madness... So far:

• PS3 starter kit
  • Drobot
  • Sonic Boom
  • Stump Smash
  • Cynder
  • Empire of Ice
We'll see where it goes from here...

I found a Target with a 3-pack of Stealth Elf, Wrecking Ball, and Sonic Boom. It was an hour away, but I couldn't find it anywhere else. So now, I officially have one of each element.
*Spyro/Wrecking Ball (Magic)
*Trigger Happy (Tech)
*Gill Grunt (Water)
*FlameSlinger (Fire)
*Cynder (Undead)
*Dino Rang (Earth)
*Sonic Boom (Air)
*Stealth Elf (Life)
Going for Drobot, Whirlwind, Hex, and maybe Bash next.

I saw Empire of Ice at Target and the same set of singles everyone else is seeing (Flameslinger, Sonic Boom, Drobot, etc). But still Cynder evades me. The guy at GS said someone snagged a "rare" one from their store in the morning and said it wasn't gold but he couldn't remember what it was. It might have just been Cynder.

My TRU continues to remain pretty crappy. They had a lot of the same singles, but of course at inflated prices. They had nothing good on the 3-pack front though except maybe the Hex/Zap/Dino-Rang one I think it is.

I had TRU rewards coupons to burn by Friday so I blew that $12 on a $36 Halo Mega Bloks set my older son wants for his birthday. Those are overpriced, too, compared to other retailers (fucking TRU) but this one was exclusive to them so I had no choice. In my rage over having to pay so much I completely forgot to use the gift card I had in my wallet from some game trades I did weeks ago. Now who knows when I'll ever get to spend that ;).

Just an update: Seems Walmart is the place to get Skylanders. Tons of new stock at my local ones, including the new 3-pack and Empire of Ice.

And io: Like you, I have been unable to find Cynder out in the wild. I even managed to catch a Target employee pumping the Skylanders display full of new stock. He checked all the boxes for me, but alas, no Cynder. I did manage to order Chop Chop from Gamestop though.

Also, in a somewhat disappointing development, it seems TRU no longer has the Legendary 3-pack listed on their site. This might mean it is OOP. Now I'm kicking myself twice as hard for not getting (at least) one when I saw them before Thanksgiving. But back then these things didn't seem to be all that hot of an item - I was just trying to get one of each element for my son at the time. I should have known I'd end up trying to get them all later and should have just gotten it and put it aside at least (could have always returned it). It was pretty stupid in hindsight to pass it up completely. That was the only time I ever saw it.

Isn't cynder going to be in a 3 pack in the future? I think I read somewhere it will. Saw 2 cynders earlier at my local tru and just passed on them. I'm just hunting the 3 packs instead of buying singles. It's cheaper that way. Plus it helps control my spending when I visit a store that carries these things.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Isn't cynder going to be in a 3 pack in the future? I think I read somewhere it will. Saw 2 cynders earlier at my local tru and just passed on them. I'm just hunting the 3 packs instead of buying singles. It's cheaper that way. Plus it helps control my spending when I visit a store that carries these things.[/QUOTE]

Yes, read this post. Somebody can update the OP with the release schedule if they would like.

@io, why didn't you ever take my offer and save yourself the headache. I still have 2xDouble Troubles left if anybody else cares.

Walked into Gamestop today, and what do I find, some figures! Then..I realized the price sticker of 9.99. Great, right as they restock on figures they bump up the price.

[quote name='skiizim']Yes, read this post. Somebody can update the OP with the release schedule if they would like.

@io, why didn't you ever take my offer and save yourself the headache. I still have 2xDouble Troubles left if anybody else cares.[/QUOTE]

thanks... that was the post i read before. hehe! so the only single that i'll be buying will be wham shell... to date im still missing pack B,C, E. Hope they restock them soon... im seeing a lot of pack A's lately in stock. hope the next shipments will be my missing ones! can't wait.:applause:

[quote name='Bezerker']Thanks for the heads up, I went out to Walmart and picked it up. $24 for a 3 pack isnt bad at all. Sadly I cant seem to find quite a few of my stickers to make mine look as nice as yours, but at least they're well sorted now.[/QUOTE]

$24, mine were $8 buck and came with 2.

I'm still looking for the Voodood/Prism Break/Boomer pack but at this point I'll just buy them singles cause its looking like that one is OOP.

Can't wait for Camo to come out. He looks awesome.

Voodood & Prism Break have been all over the place as singles. You shouldn't have a problem finding those. Boomer, on the other hand, is the last one I've needed for a while. I can't seem to track him down.

[quote name='Corvin']Voodood & Prism Break have been all over the place as singles. You shouldn't have a problem finding those. Boomer, on the other hand, is the last one I've needed for a while. I can't seem to track him down.[/QUOTE]

lol... I forget which store I went too but that was the only character they had hanging on the pegs, they had at least 7+ of that one and nothing else.

[quote name='Bezerker']Thanks for the heads up, I went out to Walmart and picked it up. $24 for a 3 pack isnt bad at all. Sadly I cant seem to find quite a few of my stickers to make mine look as nice as yours, but at least they're well sorted now.[/QUOTE]

I actually got mine before Christmas, and Walmart had them in 3 packs for $15 so that was just too perfect to pass up.

I almost threw away the stickers with these but something told me to keep them just in case and after I found these things I could not have been happier.

[quote name='darkjedi187']$24, mine were $8 buck and came with 2.[/QUOTE]

I almost wonder if you just had a second one clipped to your first one and the cashier didn't pay attention. I have not seen two packs, only the triple and singles for $8

Either way it beats the overpriced Skylanders branded stuff that holds 8 figures and they want $20-$40 for.

Edit: For those of you still rocking the 20 posts per page I just realized this sounds kind of weird if you hadn't read my original post.

For those of you beginning the hunt, and those of you who have been collecting for a while, if you are actually opening your figures consider going with these things for storage. They are absolutely perfect, really cheap, and 3 total will hold all figures including adventure packs.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-Bl...nizer/17203945

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...1/PC170277.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...1/PC170278.jpg

[quote name='skiizim']lol... I forget which store I went too but that was the only character they had hanging on the pegs, they had at least 7+ of that one and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jacknicklson']Boomer was the only one in stock for weeks in my area. Poor guy[/QUOTE]

lol Figures.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I'm still looking for the Voodood/Prism Break/Boomer pack but at this point I'll just buy them singles cause its looking like that one is OOP.
[/QUOTE]

Not counting the Legendary Pack, this is the only one I'm missing too. To think that I just got the starter packs (PS3, 3DS) 4 days ago. Since that time, I've been driving around hunting for each figure. It's been fun - hunting for figures is like an adventure in itself ;)

I got an extra "Empire of Ice" thinking I could trade it with what I'm missing but I kinda feel like it's a hassle to pack and ship as compared to just waiting for them to come back in stock. I'll probably return it to GS this afternoon.

Are there still figures unreleased? I have yet to see Zook, Camo, Lightning Rod, Sunburn, and Warnado in the wild. I'm sure a couple of them will be saved for future adventure packs though.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Are there still figures unreleased? I have yet to see Zook, Camo, Lightning Rod, Sunburn, and Warnado in the wild. I'm sure a couple of them will be saved for future adventure packs though.[/QUOTE]

From the link, it suggests that release for them is easter. read

just played the ice expansion with my daughter, I like the character and the my daughter really likes interacting with the portal as much as possible, so the power ups are nice, but the level would be very weak as a standalone dlc for the price.

Considering those "chapters" are already on disc, it's not fair to compare it to DLC. They are very weak, so it's best to just view the pack as a figure purchase not for the level.

[quote name='Corvin']Considering those "chapters" are already on disc, it's not fair to compare it to DLC. They are very weak, so it's best to just view the pack as a figure purchase not for the level.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have all three of the Adventure Packs, and all of the levels are underwhelming. Unfortunate that the only way you can get those characters are by buying the pack.

I found Voodood, Prism Break, and Boomer as singles today so I decided fuck it and buy them. I'm tired of searching for the 3 pack. If anybody in Houston is looking, the Wal-Mart and Target in Humble near 59 have lots of singles and 3 packs in stock.

[quote name='caltab']just played the ice expansion with my daughter, I like the character and the my daughter really likes interacting with the portal as much as possible, so the power ups are nice, but the level would be very weak as a standalone dlc for the price.[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed the Pirate Sea level quite a bit. Darklight Crypt and Empires of Ice were both pretty boring though.

Anyone know if the Slam bam pack is one per case? Been having a hard time tracking it down. My targets have the other adv packs just not that one. Also I have a cynder (nib) that I'm willing to trade for Chop chop.

[quote name='Popnmusic']Anyone know if the Slam bam pack is one per case?[/QUOTE]

I went through a couple boxes at Target last week. Each box had:

2 Empire of Ice
2 Pirate Seas
2 Darklight Crypts

Just opened my starter pack today and played with my 4-year-old. I enjoyed helping him play quite a bit, it seems he'll have a good time with this. Maybe at some point I'll play it myself, maybe not. It's simple but fun gameplay...I'm not entirely sure I want to back off my statement about the game being boring, I guess it entirely depends on how you play it.

That said, me being an addictive figure collector is still going to benefit my kids for the foreseeable future.

I've been able to find pretty much everything at Gamestop, and it's worked well since I've been paying all with credit. The only ones that are out there right now that I'd still like to pick up are Eurptor and Igniter...and probably one or two more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Just opened my starter pack today and played with my 4-year-old. I enjoyed helping him play quite a bit, it seems he'll have a good time with this. Maybe at some point I'll play it myself, maybe not. It's simple but fun gameplay...I'm not entirely sure I want to back off my statement about the game being boring, I guess it entirely depends on how you play it.[/QUOTE]

I would never play it by myself, I think it's pretty boring and generally too easy for an adult with some surprisingly and unnecessarily difficult puzzles occasionally(like the locks in the crypt level). My daughter, on the other hand, cannot get enough of it(which means I have played a lot).

I called a Target this afternoon and asked If they had the 3 pack containing Dinorang, Hex, and Zap, the only ones my daughter was missing. The Employee said he had one. I asked If he could hold It for me till I got there, I was about ten minutes away. He said sure . I arrive at the store and tell him I'm there for the 3 pack. He says okay I got It here in the back so I follow him to the Skylander Rack. When we arrive I see a parent and her 2 kids with the pack. He says Oh she must've found it, I hid it behind all the other 3 packs. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if Target uses the same SKU for every skylander? I want to return one but I can't figure out which receipt it is.

(Obviously I've been buying too many skylanders.)

[quote name='confoosious']Does anyone know if Target uses the same SKU for every skylander? I want to return one but I can't figure out which receipt it is.

(Obviously I've been buying too many skylanders.)[/QUOTE]

They use three different DPCIs: one for singles, one for the 3-packs, and one for the adventure packs. There is probably a good chance you could return a single figure using any receipt that has a single on it, which you can tell by price, $7.99, or the specific DPCI, 207-00-0041.

[quote name='winterlane']They use three different DPCIs: one for singles, one for the 3-packs, and one for the adventure packs. There is probably a good chance you could return a single figure using any receipt that has a single on it, which you can tell by price, $7.99, or the specific DPCI, 207-00-0041.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The DPCI of the 3 packs must be 207-000-0047 then.

So far, in my experience, the only place you have to worry about returns on these is Best Buy.

They have their own stickers just for returns it seems. i tried returning a couple adventure packs and they denied me, saying this isnt where i bought them. they just kept scanning the barcode over and over again.

Gamestop will take anything back though. They have their own stickers too, but they dont seem to care if the returns have the stickers or not. I returned like 10 flameslingers two days ago and they had no problem.

[quote name='confoosious']Found a wrecking ball triple pack today at target!

Still don't have a Cynder cause those assholes at Gamestop decided to ban my account because I bought 2 of each skylander they had in stock. I called and they said the account showed reseller like activity on the skylanders figures. Uh.. 2 is reseller activity? You jackasses realize they are all different right? 2 each of 5 is not the same as 10 x 1.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BartToby']but drobot is awesome!!

maybe the most broken character in the game.

Im glad they banned you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BartToby']So far, in my experience, the only place you have to worry about returns on these is Best Buy.

They have their own stickers just for returns it seems. i tried returning a couple adventure packs and they denied me, saying this isnt where i bought them. they just kept scanning the barcode over and over again.

Gamestop will take anything back though. They have their own stickers too, but they dont seem to care if the returns have the stickers or not. I returned like 10 flameslingers two days ago and they had no problem.[/QUOTE]

So why are you glad they banned confoosious for doing something unintentional when you so blatantly are doing it? Are you stupid or something?

[quote name='skiizim']So why are you glad they banned confoosious for doing something unintentional when you so blatantly are doing it? Are you stupid or something?[/QUOTE]

He's a recycled user that's been previously banned. They're really stupid and they always come back and do exactly the same thing. I ignored his obvious attempt to troll people with his return of 12 flameslingers but I'm glad you saw his hypocrisy.

It really is a shame io didn't ban his dumb ass from his trolling in the other skylanders thread.

[quote name='confoosious']Thanks. The DPCI of the 3 packs must be 207-000-0047 then.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Here is the DPCI breakdown:

Single: 207-00-0041
3-Pack: 207-00-0047
Adventure Pack: 207-00-0048

[quote name='dutch72']I called a Target this afternoon and asked If they had the 3 pack containing Dinorang, Hex, and Zap, the only ones my daughter was missing. The Employee said he had one. I asked If he could hold It for me till I got there, I was about ten minutes away. He said sure . I arrive at the store and tell him I'm there for the 3 pack. He says okay I got It here in the back so I follow him to the Skylander Rack. When we arrive I see a parent and her 2 kids with the pack. He says Oh she must've found it, I hid it behind all the other 3 packs. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I've heard from a few others that Target employees arent actually allowed to told items for customers behind the counter. Not sure where I heard it....any Target employees willing to confirm?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']J The only ones that are out there right now that I'd still like to pick up are Eurptor and Igniter...and probably one or two more I'm not thinking of at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Ignitor isn't 'technically' out yet. Sure it's in the 3DS set, but he'll be flying solo around March.

Walmart got pretty good stuff today. Finally found 2 3-packs I was missing. I got eruptor,chopchop,bash and zap,hex,dinorang! They also had wrecking ball,stealth elf,sonic boom. Yesterday they had Drobot,flames linger,stumpsmash. They also had the dark light crypt and pirates sea packs today! Seems like supply is starting to pick up. Yay! Hopefully I can get my hands on the last 3pack I'm missing which is prism break, boomer, voodood. Then I'll be all current with all available characters in the market! Come on Walmart! Get it in by next week. Hehe!

bread's done
Back