Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='bilbobagins3']For those of you beginning the hunt, and those of you who have been collecting for a while, if you are actually opening your figures consider going with these things for storage. They are absolutely perfect, really cheap, and 3 total will hold all figures including adventure packs.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-Black-Decker-ST-SortMaster-Junior-Organizer/17203945

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/zerox101/PC170277.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/zerox101/PC170278.jpg[/QUOTE]

That's actually a great idea, I may try that. Thanks!

[quote name='nbballard']I think that anybody can carry them- they are just a varient release.

Has anyone confirmed if these are intentional or just an artifact of crappy quality control?

I only ask because if they were intentional, you think they would only be in the single packs, but I've seen pictures of 3 packs where one of the guys is gold or silver.[/QUOTE]

I found this one at GS, I'm not sure how many get released per so many figures or 3 packs, I wish they would do something special or at least appear like that in game.

My Target got a bunch in. I picked up the store exclusive 3pack and a prism break. I went to Kmart and they had some too. I got the pirate adventure pack. Good haul today!

[quote name='elessar123'] Terrafin looked stupid in-game, lol.[/QUOTE]
I solo'd the last boss with Terrafin after dying with all other 9 characters that I own.

For anyone interested, TRU has Bash and Voodood in stock, plus the Darklight Crypts set.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11767538&view=all

None for me, though. After finally getting my PS3 starter, I played around enough to decide that I liked the game. Trying to get 1 character of each type.
Both Best Buy and Target showed that they had single characters available at the local stores. Best Buy had all of 1 figure...and it was Zap. Did manage to get Eruptor, Hex, and Dino-rang at Target.
Now I just need the hard-to-find types.

Seems like stock is starting to arrive at the stores in my CA. My local Walmart had 2 types of 3pcks today. Drobot one and the sonic boom one. And alot of the singles of those packs. I already have both packs so I didn't get one. Don't know if they restocked during the evening but I'm happy to see they are not scarce. Hopefully by the weekend both my local bestbuy, target, and tru gets there shipments in. I also noticed that prices for singles by non-amazon vendors are starting to decrease. They are probably trying to unload what they hoarded from everyone else during the last couple of weeks. Hope they get stuck with them.

Found 2 copies of Empire of Ice sets at Walmart. Was debating on getting the second for CAG, but someone came and grabbed it. There were like 20 Drobots and 20 Flamslingers and 20 Prism Breaks.

Btw, for those who played the game, where is the best place to power level (more money, more exp, less grind time) your skylander?Just finished chapter 3.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']For those of you beginning the hunt, and those of you who have been collecting for a while, if you are actually opening your figures consider going with these things for storage. They are absolutely perfect, really cheap, and 3 total will hold all figures including adventure packs.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-Black-Decker-ST-SortMaster-Junior-Organizer/17203945

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/zerox101/PC170277.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/zerox101/PC170278.jpg[/QUOTE]

Before I found out about those I went ahead and got this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Stack-Seasonal-Ornament-Square-Layer/dp/B005PQAJIC/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_4

Arriving soon. Will update with results.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Btw, for those who played the game, where is the best place to power level (more money, more exp, less grind time) your skylander?Just finished chapter 3.[/QUOTE]

A great place for money is Chapter 2: Perilous Pastures. You need a tech skylander to acces the gate right by the beginning. Going through it and around will net you about 500-700 coins, and some ok xp if you are starting level 1. It takes about 3 minutes, then you go to the gate, unlock it to save your progress, and hit chapter select to do it all over again.

I knew my figure collecting habit was eventually going to get the best of me with this stuff, even though I've had a few negative things to say about the whole deal...and of course tonight when I went to Gamestop to pick up a used copy of Dark Souls, they had these in-stock...and since I have a ton of credit, I broke down and got a bunch. I have them sitting in a huge bag trying to decide if I want to return them or not, lol.

I do have a 4-year-old son, so I'm trying to also decide if it's something he'll enjoy playing with me at his age.

Picked up:
- Starter Pack 360
- Empire of Ice
- Cynder
- Drobot
- Prism Break
- Flameslinger
- Chop Cho
- Drill Sergeant
- Whirlwind
- Double Trouble

So apparently I just need 1 of the Leaf versions (or whatever their officially called) to have one of each kind.

Ugh...what to do, lol.

[quote name='DonWii']A great place for money is Chapter 2: Perilous Pastures. You need a tech skylander to acces the gate right by the beginning. Going through it and around will net you about 500-700 coins, and some ok xp if you are starting level 1. It takes about 3 minutes, then you go to the gate, unlock it to save your progress, and hit chapter select to do it all over again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll try that. Hehe! Will be a long night leveling up 12 skylanders.

[quote name='Jav0r']Why does Toys''R''Us charge more for anything related to Skylander?[/QUOTE]

The one in nyc is the worst $11.99 for the singles, 23.99 for adventure or 3 packs.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']
Ugh...what to do, lol.[/QUOTE]

Send Cynder to me - I just can't find that one and my 4 year-old asks me daily if I've gotten it ;). He's pretty funny. I was telling my older son that Cynder was apparently Spyro's girlfriend in some game (at least according to the Gamer guy at Best Buy - I had no idea myself). So my 4 year-old is looking at the poster and saying who is who's girlfirend. According to him, though, Cynder should be Drobot's girlfriend.

[quote name='anthonyd46']The one in nyc is the worst $11.99 for the singles, 23.99 for adventure or 3 packs.[/QUOTE]

That's odd pricing because I think everywhere else (at TRU) the singles are $9.99 but the 3-packs and adventure packs are $24.99. So NYC TRU's are apparently running a $1 off deal on those larger packs ;).

Target store locator kind of pissed me off. I went to a different store that I thought might have better stock than my normal one (kind of out in the middle of nowhere). The locator showed the singles being "in stock" - not "limited availability" which means they just have a few. "In Stock" should mean several at least. Yeah - they had exactly ONE Flameslinger. Walmart, which I rarely step foot in, did have some 3-packs and singles. It looks like they got the exact same shipment winterlane said his Target's got:

3-Packs: Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash, Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom, Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant
Singles: Drobot, Flameslinger, and Prism Break

I'm holding out hope that my local GS stores will get a shipment tomorrow. I need to make sure I'm up early enough (I work at night so by "early" I mean noon ;)) to call them and maybe get a Cynder held for me. Best Buy is also due for some soon - it has been over a week since they've had anything significant.

[quote name='jcmeadows']Looks like the legendary set is no longer on the Toys R Us web site. Guess this means its gone for good, crap.[/QUOTE]

Shit. I got an order in the other day in the brief moment it showed up in stock, but got a 'backordered' email. The sent me a second backorder notice this morning. I guess I won't be seeing that set in the collection.

[quote name='io']Send Cynder to me - I just can't find that one and my 4 year-old asks me daily if I've gotten it ;). He's pretty funny. I was telling my older son that Cynder was apparently Spyro's girlfriend in some game (at least according to the Gamer guy at Best Buy - I had no idea myself). So my 4 year-old is looking at the poster and saying who is who's girlfirend. According to him, though, Cynder should be Drobot's girlfriend.

That's odd pricing because I think everywhere else (at TRU) the singles are $9.99 but the 3-packs and adventure packs are $24.99. So NYC TRU's are apparently running a $1 off deal on those larger packs ;).

Target store locator kind of pissed me off. I went to a different store that I thought might have better stock than my normal one (kind of out in the middle of nowhere). The locator showed the singles being "in stock" - not "limited availability" which means they just have a few. "In Stock" should mean several at least. Yeah - they had exactly ONE Flameslinger. Walmart, which I rarely step foot in, did have some 3-packs and singles. It looks like they got the exact same shipment winterlane said his Target's got:

3-Packs: Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash, Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom, Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant
Singles: Drobot, Flameslinger, and Prism Break

I'm holding out hope that my local GS stores will get a shipment tomorrow. I need to make sure I'm up early enough (I work at night so by "early" I mean noon ;)) to call them and maybe get a Cynder held for me. Best Buy is also due for some soon - it has been over a week since they've had anything significant.[/QUOTE]

I went to 2 Targets and they just had some singles...I need one of those Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom 3-packs

Dumb question - where does the ice level show up? I bought it, and threw it on my base to register it and then turned it off. I went back in the other night to see if it was there and it wasn't. So either i'm dumb and can't find it, or the save file didn't update to recognize that I'd registered it.

[quote name='anthonyd46']The one in nyc is the worst $11.99 for the singles, 23.99 for adventure or 3 packs.[/QUOTE]

That's not the worst. The adventure/triple packs are $24.99 here.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I went to 2 Targets and they just had some singles...I need one of those Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom 3-packs[/QUOTE]

Ummm... I thought you said the game looked boring as hell.

[quote name='cheeky']Ummm... I thought you said the game looked boring as hell.[/QUOTE]

Haha, good catch.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I say lots of positive things about a lot of games. Just so happens I thought this one looked like a turd, I was bored watching videos. Pretty obvious that people who've sunk who knows how much money into this one game already feel very threatened by negative comments about it. I would too. Personally, I'm happy I haven't been sucked into it...I can think of better ways to waste my money than on 1 level expansions, lol. It's a genius rip-off on Activision's part.

But anyhow, I was just answering the guy's question, wasn't even talking to you. That was my purpose, I'm so broken up that you don't approve of it.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Every funnier is seeing all the grown men crying like babies in this thread because they couldn't get their toys at the store.[/QUOTE]

Oh the irony.

Back on topic, it looks like Gamestop is now charging $9.99 for singles :(

[quote name='SteveGo']

Back on topic, it looks like Gamestop is now charging $9.99 for singles now :([/QUOTE]

Is that why those bastards cancelled my $7.99 singles orders from last night because of my credit card? :roll:

[quote name='io']Send Cynder to me - I just can't find that one and my 4 year-old asks me daily if I've gotten it ;). [/QUOTE]

Man, bummer. I had an extra Cynder, but just got rid of it. Wish I knew you needed one, io, I'd have made a trade. Still looking for a Stealth Elf, and I have a new in package Double Trouble I can trade, if anyone's interested.

Two of my Gamestops had them in stock. I missed out on the triple pack but got the pirate adventure pack. I noticed the singles were $9.99 also. So not worth it.

[quote name='brianace']Man, bummer. I had an extra Cynder, but just got rid of it. Wish I knew you needed one, io, I'd have made a trade. Still looking for a Stealth Elf, and I have a new in package Double Trouble I can trade, if anyone's interested.[/QUOTE]

If I had known you needed stealth elf yesterday, I would have picked up an extra.

(We're looking for a Cynder too, btw) =P

[quote name='elessar123']If I had known you needed stealth elf yesterday, I would have picked up an extra.

(We're looking for a Cynder too, btw) =P[/QUOTE]

I'll keep my eyes peeled. I had two Cynders, but traded the extra away to a friend.

Went to a different target today that the inventory checker said had some in stock but when I got there, there was nothing on the racks.

This sucks, still need the whirlwind 3 pack.

[quote name='nbballard']Dumb question - where does the ice level show up? I bought it, and threw it on my base to register it and then turned it off. I went back in the other night to see if it was there and it wasn't. So either i'm dumb and can't find it, or the save file didn't update to recognize that I'd registered it.[/QUOTE]

Head down to the pirate ship and jump off the pier. Is right there to the right. I don't think these levels show up in the chapter select until you find it for the first time.

walmart and target by me had a decent stock of stuff. Got the ice adventure pack and combo pack with drill dude. Just need the pirate ship expansion that my daughter really wants. My girls play with the figures more than they even play the game and they like pirate ships. i saw it at several stores early on and passed on it b/c I was primarily looking for figures, but since they play with them as toys now its worth it to me. I am sure I will find it soon enough though.

Thinking about returning the triple pack with Drobot. Don't like the included characters that much compared to the rest I've been able to pick up. It's pretty much where I'm going to decide if I get them all, or just ones we want.

Found a wrecking ball triple pack today at target!

Still don't have a Cynder cause those assholes at Gamestop decided to ban my account because I bought 2 of each skylander they had in stock. I called and they said the account showed reseller like activity on the skylanders figures. Uh.. 2 is reseller activity? You jackasses realize they are all different right? 2 each of 5 is not the same as 10 x 1.

[quote name='confoosious']Found a wrecking ball triple pack today at target!

Still don't have a Cynder cause those assholes at Gamestop decided to ban my account because I bought 2 of each skylander they had in stock. I called and they said the account showed reseller like activity on the skylanders figures. Uh.. 2 is reseller activity? You jackasses realize they are all different right? 2 each of 5 is not the same as 10 x 1.[/QUOTE]

Are you blocked from ordering anything or just Skylanders figures? Also, was the site preventing you from completing the checkout process or was it a case where you complete the order and then get an immediate cancellation email? I'm just curious because I don't want to jeopardize being able to order from GS altogether in the future over a few figures.

[quote name='SteveGo']Haha, good catch.

Oh the irony.

Back on topic, it looks like Gamestop is now charging $9.99 for singles :([/QUOTE]

I mentioned I had said negative things about it and fully explained my collecting addiction. I may not even play the game :)

[quote name='winterlane']Are you blocked from ordering anything or just Skylanders figures? Also, was the site preventing you from completing the checkout process or was it a case where you complete the order and then get an immediate cancellation email? I'm just curious because I don't want to jeopardize being able to order from GS altogether in the future over a few figures.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I don't want to try ordering anything else cause I don't want anything else. I get the error message when I click Submit order.

The thing is, why would GS want to jeopardize a customer from ordering in the future over a few figures. That's what the real issue is. Do they really think after this that I would order from them if I didn't have to?

It wasn't like I was trying to exploit a glitch. I was just trying to order a couple skylanders. Idiots.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Gamestop has Cynder in stock. Limit 2 per customer!

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/skylanders-cynder-character/98993

Empire of Ice Adventure Pack in stock at OnSale.

http://store.onsale.com/p/Activision-Inc.-Games/product~dpno~8956366~pdp.gjicjeh[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up that I ordered from OnSale last time it was in stock and they sent the Pirate Seas pack instead with the invoice listing it as "Adventure Assortment" so I think they may be selling a random draw of the Adventure Packs mislabeled as Empire of Ice.

So I could order Cynder from GS for $9.99 + $2.99 shipping and thus get it for almost twice retail. While that may be a deal compared to current reselling prices, I think I can wait till I find it for $7.99 (or less). I do sitll have a pending Amazon "preorder" for it (though still not shipping for a while according to them). I think the kids will just have to wait ;).

I called a few GS stores and it looks like they just got a bunch of stuff in but no Cynder.

[quote name='elessar123']Thinking about returning the triple pack with Drobot. Don't like the included characters that much compared to the rest I've been able to pick up. It's pretty much where I'm going to decide if I get them all, or just ones we want.[/QUOTE]

but drobot is awesome!!

maybe the most broken character in the game.

[quote name='confoosious']Found a wrecking ball triple pack today at target!

Still don't have a Cynder cause those assholes at Gamestop decided to ban my account because I bought 2 of each skylander they had in stock. I called and they said the account showed reseller like activity on the skylanders figures. Uh.. 2 is reseller activity? You jackasses realize they are all different right? 2 each of 5 is not the same as 10 x 1.[/QUOTE]

Im glad they banned you.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I went out to Walmart and picked it up. $24 for a 3 pack isnt bad at all. Sadly I cant seem to find quite a few of my stickers to make mine look as nice as yours, but at least they're well sorted now.

Just hit my local TRU and they pretty much had every figure and pack except for Cynder and the Ice pack. I was shocked to see hundreds of single and triple packs. My bank account is now missing a few bucks.

bread's done
Back