Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2511 replies to this topic

#1741 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Of course if you were not there at opening this morning, you will find nothing later in the day. Went to 3 different ToysRus within 30 minutes of opening, and in two occasions had the person in front of me buy the last figure. That probably means that each of these ToysRus got as few as 5-6 figures. That's just stupid. Why sent a mass email to your customers, if your inventory is mostly vaporware?

I not only blame ToysRus, but Activision for the crap this morning. Oh, and the last store got zero, because of some truck/inventory delay.

Marketing, my friend, marketing. Gets people into TRU. I don't blame Activision, because they have thousands of stores to ship them to, and they are out there. It isn't that hard to find, with a little patience. They have been in other stores for up to two weeks, and some stores have gotten multiple shipments. I got mine Thursday a week ago at Gamestop, I just was posting info here to try and help others. If TRU blew it up big, then had small amounts of stock, that's their deal - not Activision.

A couple things to consider though, first of all, some stores stockers could have put some out early by mistake - it has happened several times int he past. The stockers don't always pay attention, and 5-6 may have been all they had left after they figured it out. Secondly, TRU sent this email out to everyone on their list, if you live in a busy area, with lots of Skylanders fans, I recommend getting to the store and waiting in line early next time. I've been known to get there an hour or so early if it is something that I know will sell out quick.

Best of luck to you, I'm sure you will find them soon, they have been sent out in mass quantities - and restock time is much better this year than last.

#1742 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Marketing, my friend, marketing. Gets people into TRU. I don't blame Activision, because they have thousands of stores to ship them to, and they are out there. It isn't that hard to find, with a little patience. They have been in other stores for up to two weeks, and some stores have gotten multiple shipments. I got mine Thursday a week ago at Gamestop, I just was posting info here to try and help others. If TRU blew it up big, then had small amounts of stock, that's their deal - not Activision.

A couple things to consider though, first of all, some stores stockers could have put some out early by mistake - it has happened several times int he past. The stockers don't always pay attention, and 5-6 may have been all they had left after they figured it out. Secondly, TRU sent this email out to everyone on their list, if you live in a busy area, with lots of Skylanders fans, I recommend getting to the store and waiting in line early next time. I've been known to get there an hour or so early if it is something that I know will sell out quick.

Best of luck to you, I'm sure you will find them soon, they have been sent out in mass quantities - and restock time is much better this year than last.

ToysRus is probably mostly to blame for the problems this morning. You send out thousands of emails, and in many cases have an inventory of 3 or perhaps zero figures. I won't bother complaining, as I'm sure they will receive many angry calls and complains from others today.

As for me, I've been doing this long enough that I know it's a numbers game with inventory that is low on non-existent. A trip to Gamestop on my way to buy milk last night landed me 'Eyebrawl', and would've had Thumpback had the GS employee not been holding it for a loyal customer of his.

I drove around a bit, and found the last thumpback at random at a GS on the way back from one of the ToysRus. I just wasn't happy about being jerked around by ToysRus, as it meant I had wasted more gas than necessary.

Oh, and one last thing- The Chinese person who painted this Thumpback must've been on a night shift under poor lighting and perhaps really, really tired. It's not horrible, but a few paint splashes and undefined line divisions make it rather ugly.

#1743 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Gheez I've been out of the circulation for a long time. The last I got were the characters on release day + the second wave a couple days later. What am I missing? Oh god I hope it's not a lot. Eeek.
:twisted: LAKERS for the WIN! :twisted:

#1744 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Gheez I've been out of the circulation for a long time. The last I got were the characters on release day + the second wave a couple days later. What am I missing? Oh god I hope it's not a lot. Eeek.

It's not. Two new giants, eye brawl & thumpback. Then there is the hotdog pack which has: hotdog, series 2 zap and a catapult. Then the lightcore shroomboom single. I think that's it.

#1745 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Those are the ones that came out today, in December they released s2 Stealth Elf, Prism Break, Eruptor, and Lightning Rod, I think I'm missing one. I was it was Cynder but if you bought a Starter Pack you already have one.

#1746 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Those are the ones that came out today, in December they released s2 Stealth Elf, Prism Break, Eruptor, and Lightning Rod, I think I'm missing one. I was it was Cynder but if you bought a Starter Pack you already have one.

They actually came out a couple weeks back but thanks I knew I had been missing a few.

#1747 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

They actually came out a couple weeks back but thanks I knew I had been missing a few.

They're all available on GS.com, Lightcore Shroom Boom was up but seems to be OOS.

#1748 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Oh, and one last thing- The Chinese person who painted this Thumpback must've been on a night shift under poor lighting and perhaps really, really tired. It's not horrible, but a few paint splashes and undefined line divisions make it rather ugly.

Well, Thumpback isn't all that pretty to begin with ... :)

#1749 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Series 2: Prism Break, Eruptor, Stealth Elf & Lightning Rod
Legendary: Stealth Elf
Giant: Eye Brawl & Thumpback
Lightcore: Shroomboom
Battle Pack: Scorpion Striker (w/ Hot Dog and S2 Zap)

The Legendary is TRU only, the Battle Pack Gamestop only till mid-February. There is also a glow in the dark variant of Sonic Boom at Walmart. The rest can be found anywhere, but the giants are a bit rare since they just showed up two weeks ago and at TRU today. That's all that is out since the release + wave 2 from the first week.

#1750 dutch72

dutch72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Has anyone seen a Whamshell in the wild ? Its the only one I'm missing.

#1751 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Has anyone seen a Whamshell in the wild ? Its the only one I'm missing.

Yes, many times. TRU gets him in from time to time, at least twice since Black Friday, when they had a whole bin of him. If you cannot find the single pack somewhere for a reasonable price, there is always the Castle Display Case at TRU that includes one (you can also usually find it in store):

http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=16405566

A bit pricy, but better than funding a scalper in my opinion.

#1752 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Got 2 whisper elf figures today. Anyone else accidentally double up on these?
Spoiler

#1753 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

I only got 1 figure out of my second set of 4. Bastards kept the $8 and shipped me a single fig.

#1754 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

How much would you want for them in case you're interested in selling? PM if you'd like. Thank you
:twisted: LAKERS for the WIN! :twisted:

#1755 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Question, I noticed that the Skylander Giant figures glow with light once it's placed on the Portal, what happens if the batteries used up? It doesn't look like you can change the batteries...

#1756 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Question, I noticed that the Skylander Giant figures glow with light once it's placed on the Portal, what happens if the batteries used up? It doesn't look like you can change the batteries...

There are no batteries in the figures. It gets power through the Portal of Power, similar to how induction chargers work (generates a magnetic feld). This power was originally used to power the writing of the internal flash chip, but in the Giants and Lightcores it is also used to power small LEDs.

#1757 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

How much would you want for them in case you're interested in selling? PM if you'd like. Thank you

I went to a different gamestop and exchanged it. Got a whole set now. Series 1 complete!
Spoiler

#1758 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

They should have done this with the Yugi-Oh and Pokemon characters.... They would have made trillions

Even with the Magic Card game

#1759 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

There are no batteries in the figures. It gets power through the Portal of Power, similar to how induction chargers work (generates a magnetic feld). This power was originally used to power the writing of the internal flash chip, but in the Giants and Lightcores it is also used to power small LEDs.

Wow, thanks for the info, learned something new! IMO, the giant figures are better deal since they have power up lights.

#1760 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Because, you know, Pokemon has trouble making money :D

(What with the Pokemon "industry" having more yearly revenue than many countries. For instance $260M just on 7.5M games sold last year not including any other merchandising and with a cheap cheat of $35 per game)

SI

#1761 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

I stopped by a couple of gamestops today plus a Best Buy and both had Eye-Brawls and Thumpbacks in-stock.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1762 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

my gamestop was checking in boxes and only had the hotdog pack. He said he didn't get any giants.

Anyway- I'm pretty sure i know the answer to this, but is there any bonus for playing the game on the lesser platforms (3DS, iOS, web)?

I know the 3DS games level the characters, but i wasn't sure if the web or iOS stats did anything, like a stat boost, or an xp multiplier.
Spoiler

#1763 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Picked up EyeBrawl/Thumpback at Best Buy today. Still no sign of Hot Dog at any Gamestop, but the in-store graphic says the exclusivity ends today.

#1764 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Picked up EyeBrawl/Thumpback at Best Buy today. Still no sign of Hot Dog at any Gamestop, but the in-store graphic says the exclusivity ends today.

Wow, I've seen tons of them on the shelves. Goes to show how stock levels vary in areas. I went to one that had, no kidding, at least a dozen on them on the pegs. The new giants are a bit more rare, but only because I haven't put in much effort since I found them a while back. I know pretty much every area store has had them recently.

The good news is stock is coming out, and in good numbers. All it takes is a little persistence, unlike last year when it was complete luck. Stores like TRU went dry for weeks for everything. There are a few Eye Brawls and Thumpback up on local Craigslist, but don't seem to be moving, because the prices have been dropping from the same people posting them.

#1765 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

I don't know how true it is but I hear on other sites based around Skylanders Toys r Us is doing some event in Times Square at their store there where you can get a free Ninjini (months before she's out on shelves). Feb. 5, doors open at 10AM, event starts at 4PM. There will be games, giveaways, stuff like that, in celebration of the NY Toy Fair I guess. No idea, again, how true this is, just read it. I would assume it's a first come, first serve basis and one per person or whatever.

I'd go there if I could if only to see the wild kids vs. soccer moms vs. toy scalpers all feuding for a Ninjini. ;) This is just asking for chaos lol.

#1766 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Bought my first one to play with my friend's kid today on his 360. I'm at work and playing that Skylander's Universe web game, does this have any effect on the character on 360 or a whole separate entity?

#1767 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Bought my first one to play with my friend's kid today on his 360. I'm at work and playing that Skylander's Universe web game, does this have any effect on the character on 360 or a whole separate entity?

No effect. The PC game does not affect the stats at all.

#1768 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

I don't know how true it is but I hear on other sites based around Skylanders Toys r Us is doing some event in Times Square at their store there where you can get a free Ninjini (months before she's out on shelves). Feb. 5, doors open at 10AM, event starts at 4PM. There will be games, giveaways, stuff like that, in celebration of the NY Toy Fair I guess. No idea, again, how true this is, just read it. I would assume it's a first come, first serve basis and one per person or whatever.

I'd go there if I could if only to see the wild kids vs. soccer moms vs. toy scalpers all feuding for a Ninjini. ;) This is just asking for chaos lol.

ToysRus added an entry to their facebook page about this event. However, as to whether it's the last Giant character, there's no real hint given. It could also just be one of the few unreleased character variations left.

#1769 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

No effect. The PC game does not affect the stats at all.

Thanks then I'll stop wasting my time on it. :)

#1770 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Any of you got Eye-Brawl? If you do, what path do you think is better for him? I don't use the eye ball blaster move that much but it seems more interesting than the melee path that just upgrades his armor and attack power, plus gives you a new combo(I don't bother with the fancy combos, button smashing kinda works in this game just as well).

Edited by guinaevere, 03 February 2013 - 10:17 PM.
clean up