Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2451 replies to this topic

#1861 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

Stopped by Gamestop for something else, and the kid noticed that the series 2 versions of Spyro and Wrecking ball were on the wall. They must've been recently released...

Oh, and the local ToysRus removed all Legendary Chills from the floor. It was a bid odd, since they were all there yesterday, but they must be saving them for the 'hot toy' email prim mentioned.

I didn't mention the email, Have not seen anything in the system about one being sent out yet. I do know all Legendary figures as of the 5th were supposed to be pulled off the floor for sale on the 9th.

If there is going to be a HTA, TRU royally screwed themselves this time as I'm sure many stores (mine included) sold out of all our legendary stock this past weekend as there was no hold date of the boxes.

Edit - No HTA for LLC Chill. Official word from corporate is she was pulled in anticipation of next weeks ad since she is pictured. Some stores may have recieved wave 4 singles today as those are now shipping out.

Edited by prim4444, 08 March 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#1862 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Is 25 a piece a horrible price for the adventure packs or are they worth it? I was going to get the three -darklight crypt for 75 shipped on ebay. I just got into them a month ago and they don't sell these anywhere in my area it seems.

#1863 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

Is 25 a piece a horrible price for the adventure packs or are they worth it? I was going to get the three -darklight crypt for 75 shipped on ebay. I just got into them a month ago and they don't sell these anywhere in my area it seems.

Not horrible at all, $5 over retail. Also from my experience from selling them, it costs about $7-8 just to ship them.

#1864 io

io

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

Yeah, $75 shipped isn't bad. That isn't really $5 over retail, even, since many places sell them for $25 retail now (though originally, like a year ago, they were $20). And like Brother Daz says, they will have to spend nearly $10 shipping them since they will be at least in the 1-2 lb range (and possibly over 2lbs when all packed up together) and have to go via Priority mail which can get pricey depending on distance.

I was able to snag Ninjini late last night at Fred Meyer. It appeared they were just putting them out at 10pm when I went in on an emergency run to get more Diet Coke for the family ;). Not only that, but they had a 15% off video game accessories coupon so I got it for $12.74.

#1865 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

I was able to snag Ninjini late last night at Fred Meyer. It appeared they were just putting them out at 10pm when I went in on an emergency run to get more Diet Coke for the family ;). Not only that, but they had a 15% off video game accessories coupon so I got it for $12.74.

The local Smith's Marketplace (i.e. Utah's rebranded Fred Meyer) had a bunch out on display today.

Posted Image

#1866 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

Not horrible at all, $5 over retail. Also from my experience from selling them, it costs about $7-8 just to ship them.

Cool thanks. Went ahead and bought all three. Too bad I all ready have two of the characters series 2 version but I want the levels and extra stuff that comes with them.

#1867 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

I have a question more for the Skylander game players and not collectors. I went through all of my sons guys yesterday to see what he still needed to see what we could get him for his easter basket. And the only four guys he does not have covered in "Giants" by either a Series One or Two guy are four of the "Lightcore" guys. He is still missing Lightcore Chill, LC Hex, LC Pop Fizz, and LC Shroomboom. Now with the regular guys are we really missing out of too much if I dont get the Series Two versions of them?

These are some of the Series Two guys we still would need but we do have them covered by Series One versions.

Spyro
Wrecking Ball
Hex
Drill Sgt.
Double Trouble
Whirlwind
Sonic Boom
Trigger Happy
Stealth Elf
Prisim Break
Drobot
Eruptor
Zook
Stump Smash
Bash
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1868 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Fail! Tried to buy Jade Flashwing and was denied.

#1869 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

No, unless you are a collector you do not need Series 2 if you have Series 1. Series 2 gives you one extra power up and you can switch power up paths, but that is it. You can always reset a Series 1 figure if you wanted to switch paths (just have to re-level them up) and the extra power varies from nice to forgettable. If your goal is simply to play the game as all of the different characters you can skip the variants/reposes.

#1870 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Fail! Tried to buy Jade Flashwing and was denied.

You will not be successful until March 17th. As of last Tuesday they were locked out in the system. They have a weekly ad highlighting them and realized they don't want to be sold out.

#1871 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

More n00b clarification: I have the original Skylanders but not Giants (yet) but I probably will eventually. So, I have two sets of questions:

I'm not looking to be completist with the figures as that might drag on the budget. However, I would like to play all of the game- which, IIRC, means I want to have one of all 8 elements, correct. Is that true? And is that true of Giants, too?

Currently, I have 7 elements covered from the original series but am missing an undead character. To get the 8th, do I have to get a series 1? Or could I get a lightcore Hex from series 2 and play it on both Skylanders and Giants since the character is in Skylanders? Or is there some sort of compatibility chart somewhere?

SI

#1872 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Yes, you could get a lightcore hex. Even though the package says lightcores are not compatible, I've got the lightcore drobot and he shows up just fine in the original game.

#1873 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Your best course would probably be to get the Giants Starter Pack. It has Series 2 Cynder, an Undead that will work in both games. A second starter pack sounds wasteful, but it is a far better deal and it goes on sale more often.

#1874 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

The Giants Starter Pack is also a great deal given that you get the wired portal. The wireless from the first set eats up batteries.

#1875 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

From youtube, it looks like you can use 2 portals together side by side. One powered on and the other not. SO you can use your wireless one with no batteries. So if you want to keep your Skylander Giants in box and play two of them or even the three pack.

I might pick up another one if I can find it on the cheap.

#1876 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Thanks, all!

I would like to go with the Lightcore Hex to get something oddball.

However, getting a starter is a really good idea. I remember I picked my original Skylanders set when places were starting to clearance them out for $30 so if I could latch onto the same and just wait until it starts dropping. Or I could find one of the exclusive starter packs like the WalMart one with the glow in the dark.

Is the idea the same in Giants: if you want to play all of the areas, just make sure you have all 8 elements covered? Or is there something else to look out for?

SI

#1877 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

Thanks, all!

I would like to go with the Lightcore Hex to get something oddball.

However, getting a starter is a really good idea. I remember I picked my original Skylanders set when places were starting to clearance them out for $30 so if I could latch onto the same and just wait until it starts dropping. Or I could find one of the exclusive starter packs like the WalMart one with the glow in the dark.

Is the idea the same in Giants: if you want to play all of the areas, just make sure you have all 8 elements covered? Or is there something else to look out for?

SI

You only need one of each element, one being a giant to access all areas.

#1878 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Ah, so the starter set makes perfect sense then

SI

#1879 kixalot

kixalot

I like Bacon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Spyro and Wrecking Ball in stock now at Walmart.com

http://www.walmart.c...versal/21309806

http://www.walmart.c...versal/21309819
kixalot

#1880 ZombieJediMastr

ZombieJediMastr

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Saw singles of Hot Dog today at Target for those who are looking for just him and not the battlepack.

#1881 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Was able to pick up two Legendary Lightcore Chills at my local TRU this morning. They were also putting out the Legendary 3 Packs and Legendary Bouncers but no Legendary Stealth Elfs. That was the other guy I wanted to buy to take advantage of the B1G1 50% sale they were having. I would have also settled for a Lightcore shroomboom but they didnt have him either. Will return the extra Chill or see if my wife's aunt would want to buy it for their child since they live out of the wat of a TRU.

Does anybody know when the Lightcore versions of Pop Fizz and Hex will be released?

#1882 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

^just a heads up, all my local walmarts are stacked with LC shroom booms. Maybe check there.

#1883 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Ended up going to a different TRU later in the day and finding a LC Shroomboom and Legendary LC Chill so I just bought them there. I also did find a Voodood (first time I have seen him in the wild) on the shelf so I got that with a Series Two Stealth Elf since thats one of my sons favorite guys. Now if I could only find a Boomer I would be happy.

Also went back to my local Walmart that had the "Sunburn" and "Slam-Bam" adventure pack and they were gone but they did have some of the "Terrafin" ones this time.

#1884 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

Anyone know where I can get a Sonic Boom card? I lost mine.
Posted Image

#1885 John*smom

John*smom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Walmart.com has Ninjini available again
$1.97 ship to home, free ship to store

#1886 obidawsn

obidawsn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

From youtube, it looks like you can use 2 portals together side by side. One powered on and the other not. SO you can use your wireless one with no batteries. So if you want to keep your Skylander Giants in box and play two of them or even the three pack.

I might pick up another one if I can find it on the cheap.

Are you sure that doesn't have to so wih the fact that the other character is just near the powered portal? My son had those issues all the time when he (or our 2 yo) accidentally knocks a Skylander near the portal and it picks it up. One time he even left his case next to the portal and it picked it up. You don't have to have the figure actually on the portal.

#1887 obidawsn

obidawsn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

They had several Legendary Chills at my TRU, last night. They said they started with 40 (I assume on Saturday...not really sure). It was the only thing they had, though, that I really wanted to pick up. They had a lightcore Shroomboom, but I've seen him around and not one of the hot items I'm willing to splurge on, right now, for my son's Easter and birthday gifts. They said they were getting another truck on Thursday, so I went ahead and picked up a Legendary Chill and the Shroomboom, just in case, and hope to go back and exchange if they have anything when I go back tomorrow.

#1888 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

If anyone is bored and wants to add pictures to the OP so I know what everyone is looking for, it could help.

I took a few vacation days off to do chores and clean up the house a bit and ran into a store that had what looked like a glow in the dark (all one color, that weird off-yellow color that typically glows in the dark) of some bird thing and a sort red (possibly transparent) drill dude. (I have no idea what the names are).

I left them because i couldn't read through 40 pages of posts on my phone to see if anyone mentioned wanting them. While I realize that all of you thread regulars know what you're looking for, I do like to help out when i see something. And while i play this stupid game with my boyfriend once every three months or so, i have no idea who's who. ( >_<)
gwensigol8.png

#1889 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

My wife and son are still playing Spyros Adventure, but we are piecing together Giants for his birthday in July.

Picked up a portal owners pack for $30 from Target last month, picked up Thumpback last week, and got Ninjini from Target Monday. They had about 5 or 6 my wife said, expected some long hunt, but we got it the first try!

Next she wants to get Granite Crusher, then Eye Brawl, and whichever giants after that. Only planning on getting all the Giants and a few other characters, maybe some S2 releases of ones we didnt get for Spyros Adventure.

#1890 obidawsn

obidawsn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

If anyone is bored and wants to add pictures to the OP so I know what everyone is looking for, it could help.

I took a few vacation days off to do chores and clean up the house a bit and ran into a store that had what looked like a glow in the dark (all one color, that weird off-yellow color that typically glows in the dark) of some bird thing and a sort red (possibly transparent) drill dude. (I have no idea what the names are).

I left them because i couldn't read through 40 pages of posts on my phone to see if anyone mentioned wanting them. While I realize that all of you thread regulars know what you're looking for, I do like to help out when i see something. And while i play this stupid game with my boyfriend once every three months or so, i have no idea who's who. ( >_<)

I assume you were at Wal-mart. The glow-in-the-dark one was Sonic Boom. There are tons of those lying around and have been for months. The other is Drill Sargeant. I've heard reports that they are just sitting around, too, but I've yet to find one. Not really interested, though, as I picked up a regular one for $6 on Amazon.

About the only ones people are looking for, now, are the new ones (Ninjini, Spyro, Hot Dog, and Wrecking Ball). There are a few variants, such as the Legendary figures at TRU or the Molten Hot Dog from Walmart. Most of those will probably become easy to find (except for possibly the Legendary figures) after a few weeks. Thumpback and Eye Brawl were hot items just a month ago and now they are everywhere.