Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2468 replies to this topic

#2251 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Called and got my codes. Won on the fourth try.

Just sent away for 10 free codes. Figured I give that way a shot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#2252 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Just sent away for 10 free codes. Figured I give that way a shot.

I sent out 26 letters requesting codes about a week and a half ago. With the contest ending the 16th of this month I was worried I wasn't going to get them on time. Don't wait too long to call if you don't get them.

#2253 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

I sent out 26 letters requesting codes about a week and a half ago. With the contest ending the 16th of this month I was worried I wasn't going to get them on time. Don't wait too long to call if you don't get them.

Ok thanks I am more worried about the Rattleshake promo than the Fright Rider one.

#2254 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Found a Kmart out in the boonies today. They had 1 Pumpkin Eye-Brawl left and I picked it up.

If its free, its for me!!

#2255 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

Found a Kmart out in the boonies today. They had 1 Pumpkin Eye-Brawl left and I picked it up.

Hmm, must be a problem where you live, but around here stores are full of them, and nobody is buying.  It simply is f__ugly, and a lazy paint job.

#2256 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

returned my PS3 Dark Edition to Gamestop today (going for PS4 instead). Dude let me keep the bonus preorder Hex. A pleasant surprise.

#2257 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

Hmm, must be a problem where you live, but around here stores are full of them, and nobody is buying.  It simply is f__ugly, and a lazy paint job.

I like the paint job. The problem is that in game he is just regular Eye Brawl. But yea, real easy to find.

#2258 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

Anybody have any Wave 3 release info/dates yet?

#2259 AtlusParker

AtlusParker

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

Anybody have any Wave 3 release info/dates yet?

No dates yet and the list is pulled from European retailers which have been fairly accurate so far with the exception of the multipacks.

http://portalflip.co...rs-in-november/

Rubble Rouser

Spy Rise

Stink Bomb

Dune Bug

Horn Blast Whirlwind

Hyper Beam Prism Break

Phantom Cynder

LC Countdown

LC Wham Shell

Sheepwreck Island adventure pack

Arkeyan Crossbow battle pack

#2260 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

I have been hearing rumbles on a few of the Skylander Facebook pages that the Wave 3 release date at TRU is going to be on the 15th of November this Friday. Can anyone confirm or deny this? That would suck since that would the same day as the PS4 releases.

#2261 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

I have been hearing rumbles on a few of the Skylander Facebook pages that the Wave 3 release date at TRU is going to be on the 15th of November this Friday. Can anyone confirm or deny this? That would suck since that would the same day as the PS4 releases.

Unlikely.  It Is possible, but many of the "confirmations" if you look into the sources are just speculation that gets passed around by various people until they consider it "confirmed".  Wave 2 isn't all that common yet, nor are the Wave 2 three packs out yet.  And shelves are still loaded with Wave 1.

I won't believe it until prim posts a confirmation or we get a Hot Toy Alert (if one is coming it will be on the 14th in the afternoon).  Or some of them start showing up on EBay from people with connections/luck in getting stores to sell it early.  I personally have the feeling it will be mid to late December if not mid January.  It will depend on how sales do after Black Friday.  Putting more figures on the shelf when there is plenty to buy is just bloat, and pushes sales away from the ones already out - very few (percentage wise) buy everything and find themselves sitting around with nothing else to get waiting for the next Wave.

#2262 AtlusParker

AtlusParker

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Unlikely.  It Is possible, but many of the "confirmations" if you look into the sources are just speculation that gets passed around by various people until they consider it "confirmed".  Wave 2 isn't all that common yet, nor are the Wave 2 three packs out yet.  And shelves are still loaded with Wave 1.

I won't believe it until prim posts a confirmation or we get a Hot Toy Alert (if one is coming it will be on the 14th in the afternoon).  Or some of them start showing up on EBay from people with connections/luck in getting stores to sell it early.  I personally have the feeling it will be mid to late December if not mid January.  It will depend on how sales do after Black Friday.  Putting more figures on the shelf when there is plenty to buy is just bloat, and pushes sales away from the ones already out - very few (percentage wise) buy everything and find themselves sitting around with nothing else to get waiting for the next Wave.

I've actually heard from 2 different people that TRU has cases of Skylanders marked for 11/15. I'm starting to think there might be more to this but I can't confirm it.

#2263 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

I've actually heard from 2 different people that TRU has cases of Skylanders marked for 11/15. I'm starting to think there might be more to this but I can't confirm it.

I am happy if that's true but don't like the fact that it would also be PS4 launch day. My TRU has not really been on the ball the last two Sunday Skylander/Infinity releases.

Edit:

I would like it more if it was next week that way I could get all three of the new swappable guys 3 for $35.00.

#2264 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

Waiting on word from prim.  Assuming you haven't seen pictures, I might think that was mistaken from the cases for Legendary Night Shift since he was street dated.

#2265 AtlusParker

AtlusParker

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Waiting on word from prim.  Assuming you haven't seen pictures, I might think that was mistaken from the cases for Legendary Night Shift since he was street dated.

That was exactly what I thought until I heard it from a second person. I'm not holding my breath or anything but I wouldn't be surprised if Activision releases a wave on the PS4 launch day. At Gamescom Sony was the only company showing off a next gen version of SWAP Force and all the next gen b-roll that Activision has released has been from the PS4 version.

#2266 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

The only release TRU has planned for this coming week is Dino Rang on 11/17. My store got some wave 1 lightcore figures with a hold date of 12/1 for some reason. I'll have to look into what's going on that week.  Nothing to report as far as wave 3 goes.

#2267 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Just received my Halloween Fright Rider in the mail. Thanks guys in the forum for the help. 

#2268 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Has anyone ever had a Skylander not even be recognized on the portal? This weekend I tried to use Eye Brawl, but the portal didn't even see the character. There was no response.

And I found out that Best Buy only has a 15 day return period, so I can't even exchange it.

594280.png

#2269 AtlusParker

AtlusParker

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

Has anyone ever had a Skylander not even be recognized on the portal? This weekend I tried to use Eye Brawl, but the portal didn't even see the character. There was no response.

And I found out that Best Buy only has a 15 day return period, so I can't even exchange it.

What version are you playing? And is your portal stacked on or close by another portal?

#2270 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Giants. Nope, portal was by itself on top of a wooden tv stand. I even switched portals to see if that was the issue.

594280.png

#2271 AtlusParker

AtlusParker

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

Giants. Nope, portal was by itself on top of a wooden tv stand. I even switched portals to see if that was the issue.

Sounds like you'll need to contact Activision support. Unless Best Buy accepts returns on open Skylanders and it turned out the second one that you bought today was actually defective?

#2272 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

yeah thanks, I'll try that route.

594280.png

#2273 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:09 AM

TRU extends the B1G1 40% into next week.

11/26 Only.  Free Giants starter pack with purchase of any Swap Force starter pack.

11/27 Only.  $9.99  All Spyro's Adventure 3 Packs or Adventure Packs.

#2274 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

I really need to beat Giants on Nightmare already so I can box my entire collection up to sell. It was good fun but for me it was just a quick fad that I stupidly paid into far too much.

#2275 obidawsn

obidawsn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Prim, any word on shipments to TRU of SSA figures? I read somewhere that stores were getting a lot of them, and there have been reports of earlier waves that might possibly have Boomer. Do you know how many cases and what waves (or case breakdown if possible) of single, 3-pack, and adventure packs?

#2276 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

Looks like Jolly Bumble last will be releasing December 7th at GameStop. I just received the Skylanders Club email. 

#2277 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

So where is everyone getting their figs on Thursday/Friday? TRU? I'm assuming it'll be available online, so I'm going to try that. I thought I read somewhere that Amazon would have a b2g1 on the figs, but I can't seem to find that again. Can anyone verify?

#2278 sangredekrazy

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hey, I'm new to Skylanders but Just picked up a used Skylanders Spyro's Adventures with 3 guys and a Portal...is the portal universal? someone told me the portal does not work with swap force?

Thanks in advance.

#2279 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Hey, I'm new to Skylanders but Just picked up a used Skylanders Spyro's Adventures with 3 guys and a Portal...is the portal universal? someone told me the portal does not work with swap force?

Thanks in advance.

http://support.activ...&fs=Search&pn=1

You can use the Portal of Power that comes with the Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack to play either Skylanders Spyro's Adventure or Skylanders Giants. All you need to do is sync the Portal of Power to your console. However, you cannot use the Portal of Power from previous games with Skylanders SWAP Force.

#2280 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Since you can only get Swap Force bundled with a new portal, seems like it shouldn't be an issue.

594280.png