Photo
- - - - -

CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

• Please log in to reply
4457 replies to this topic

#3751 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

I haven't heard back from the guy who said he was the jets. I've got a main league game at 12:30 est....what do you want me to do Kaster?

Go ahead and play the CPU, if you prefer. Otherwise we'll sim it. I wish he'd told me he was going to play as the Jets, because he said the Colts. But because of the unusual circumstances of this week, I'll let people get their games in until about midnight. Is he still signed in as them?

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3752 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

Go ahead and play the CPU, if you prefer. Otherwise we'll sim it. I wish he'd told me he was going to play as the Jets, because he said the Colts. But because of the unusual circumstances of this week, I'll let people get their games in until about midnight. Is he still signed in as them?

Nevermind bro I'm fucking blind. He sent me a PM were on for 11ish tonight!

#3753 dptang0

dptang0

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

i thought i sent you the pm last night about picking the jets...my bad

#3754 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Chiefs over Jets
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#3755 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

Alright, I'm advancing us.

DEADLINE IS 4/11

#3756 N3XTLVL

N3XTLVL

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Yeah no strike right. Anyhow ill be on all day. I have it set up to message me on reples to my cell. Sometimes it works lol. Like i said im on and i try to post here ladt two weeks ive made a real effort so im ready to sub play whatever it takes just hit me up i reply fast

#3757 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

campbellbj1, you still controlling the Ravens? If so I can play tonight possibly later in the evening and the same probably goes for tomorrow evening. Just PM me and let me know what your schedule is like. Monday evening should be pretty open too.

#3758 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

im guessing cowboys vs eagles got simmed did we get strikes for this we just couldnt match up really is wut i found our issue to be

#3759 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

im guessing cowboys vs eagles got simmed did we get strikes for this we just couldnt match up really is wut i found our issue to be

No, there was always communication. I think the strikes rule was created so that people couldn't just ignore the league and then coast into the playoffs on sims. In your guys' case, you just were unable to get together at the same time.

Guys, I just heard from Nate. He wanted me to let you know that while he understands the need for CPU games, we still should PM people with secondaries and/or request subs BEFORE playing the CPU. Thanks everyone!

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#3760 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

So anyone claiming the Ravens? Either way I'll be out today, but should be around all evening Monday to play.

#3761 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

No, there was always communication. I think the strikes rule was created so that people couldn't just ignore the league and then coast into the playoffs on sims. In your guys' case, you just were unable to get together at the same time.

Guys, I just heard from Nate. He wanted me to let you know that while he understands the need for CPU games, we still should PM people with secondaries and/or request subs BEFORE playing the CPU. Thanks everyone!

Just for the record, I sat here for days trying to get a sub, and I know it wasn't necessarily directed at me. Also, I lost to the CPU anyway...I am just horrible now, I don't know what happened...

#3762 campbellbj1

campbellbj1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

I can still play the ravens games but not till Monday night

#3763 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Chiefs took care of the Bills last night and are ready to prep for their matchup against the Pats next week.

Billy, that game should have been a lot closer. So many passes clanked off your DBs hands....Matt Cassel bloooooows.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#3764 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

I can still play the ravens games but not till Monday night

Okay I'll be around. It's after 5 EST now, can you do it fairly soon. I'm not good after 10 or so.

#3765 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Just for the record, I sat here for days trying to get a sub, and I know it wasn't necessarily directed at me. Also, I lost to the CPU anyway...I am just horrible now, I don't know what happened...

Just want to clarify...this wasn't "directed" at anybody. Obviously, I understand the need to allow CPU games as an option since Madden interest has started to wane in both leagues. And of course that magnifies as the deadline approaches and multiple requests have been made.

All I was asking of everyone is to make an attempt at finding a sub and not just playing the CPU on day one. It was basically just a reminder to use what some would see as common sense. As long as you've done those things, playing the CPU is the only option left...and I think everybody could recognize that.

#3766 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

campbellbj1, I can also do tomorrow night/early Wednesday if that works better for you. Actually, since I don't feel good tonight we should aim for tomorrow night or early Wednesday.

#3767 N3XTLVL

N3XTLVL

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

Ill be on tonight if anyone needs a sub or to play my eagles game. Hit me up anytime.N3XTLVL

#3768 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

archie971: Please get back in touch with me to schedule our game. Thanks!

691916.png

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

#3769 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

Bengals 19
Broncos 14

Cincinnati squeaks by KasterDB and the mighty Broncos with a 19-14 win tonight. After the game started out looking like it was going to be a rout for Denver, the Bengals' defense was able to shake up Kyle Orton and that potent passing attack in the second quarter. In all, the Bengals D notched six sacks, including one safety, to keep the Broncos' offense off-balance for the final three quarters of the game.

The Broncos defense played remarkably, as well, limiting the Bengals to just 88 yards on the ground. Both teams were horrendous on third down, going 3-of-9 each.

Denver's special teams scored returned a kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter, as well.

GG KasterDB. This was one seesaw battle, and it just seemed like the one who had the luck would get the win.

691916.png

#3770 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

Mighty Broncos nothin', I was 3-8 going into that one :lol:

Your defense really tightened up after my opening drive. I really was only close to scoring one other time when I missed that long field goal. The kickoff return helped, but it just helped hide the fact that my offense was just miserable. Good game, man.

166876.png

#3771 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hey tanabeo, I'll be back home tonight (not sure if I'll.have time to play though). Were you able to get this week off from work? If not, what's your availability for tomorrow? Looking forward to Saints - Panthers.

#3772 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hey tanabeo, I'll be back home tonight (not sure if I'll.have time to play though). Were you able to get this week off from work? If not, what's your availability for tomorrow? Looking forward to Saints - Panthers.

I got the week off and im free most of it just tell me a time

#3773 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

I got the week off and im free most of it just tell me a time

Great! How's 9 pm est (tomorrow) sound for you? We can probably plan on that being the last game.

#3774 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Mighty Broncos nothin', I was 3-8 going into that one :lol:

Your defense really tightened up after my opening drive. I really was only close to scoring one other time when I missed that long field goal. The kickoff return helped, but it just helped hide the fact that my offense was just miserable. Good game, man.

Yeah, I'm not sure why your O-line decided not to block for you after the first quarter. I did start calling some blitzes, but I've never had much luck with those — especially against someone who can read coverage as well as you can. Usually when I call a blitz, I just get burned.

It did really help that I was able to get some yards on the ground in the second half. As you probably saw, my passing needs quite a bit of work!

691916.png

#3775 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

If campbellbj1 can't or doesn't care about using the Ravens can anyone else step in either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon?

I think we're playing later, but I just want to have a backup plan.

#3776 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Great! How's 9 pm est (tomorrow) sound for you? We can probably plan on that being the last game.

sounds good

#3777 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

I am calling it quits, I'll see some of yall in the main league, but I am done with this one. Glad I joined as this got me interested in league play. However, I can barely stand playing anymore, and want to cut down some. Thanks for the fun times.

#3778 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

I'm really disappointed with the amount of people that have stated their desire to quit in the middle of a season lately. I can understand people getting "burned out" on Madden, but let's not ignore the giant elephant in the room. The people who have done this have not had the same level of success they had in season one. It's not really fair to those who are doing well this season. If the same thing had happened last season, we wouldn't even have gotten to the point we're at now. Again, I can understand losing interest, but I wish people would at least finish out the season for the benefit of their leaguemates.

Also, I've heard from a few people that they've had some trouble scheduling their games. We've had a couple new members join recently, and I just want to make sure they know the general procedure for getting games set up. The preferred means of communication is through private message. Pretty much everybody has it set up so they receive an email notification when they get a PM. For people who have email on their phones, this becomes even more effective. You should also be checking in on the thread regularly. archie971 hasn't posted in here since 4/1. When stuff like this happens, people start to wonder if you're even still in the league. Even if you are actively reading the thread, making a post every so often just lets people know that you're around.

I know some people might think sending XBL messages is a good form of communication...and it is better than nothing...but for people with a wife and kids, a job, school, other responsibilities, or even just other gaming systems, we might not turn our 360's on for a day or two...but people pretty much always check their email. I just want to make sure everybody has every opportunity to get their games scheduled, especially considering we're moving into the territory of playing CPU games now. That said, any game that is not played by the day of the deadline is subject to being a CPU game. Don't let the computer decide your fate!

This message brought to you by
http://t3.gstatic.co...S0edQrMtlqCMmHQ

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 11 April 2012 - 12:47 PM.

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3779 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

I'm really disappointed with the amount of people that have stated their desire to quit in the middle of a season lately. I can understand people getting "burned out" on Madden, but let's not ignore the giant elephant in the room. The people who have done this have not had the same level of success they had in season one. It's not really fair to those who are doing well this season. If the same thing had happened last season, we wouldn't even have gotten to the point we're at now. Again, I can understand losing interest, but I wish people would at least finish out the season for the benefit of their leaguemates.

Also, I've heard from a few people that they've had some trouble scheduling their games. We've had a couple new members join recently, and I just want to make sure they know the general procedure for getting games set up. The preferred means of communication is through private message. Pretty much everybody has it set up so they receive an email notification when they get a PM. For people who have email on their phones, this becomes even more effective. You should also be checking in on the thread regularly. archie971 hasn't posted in here since 4/1. When stuff like this happens, people start to wonder if you're even still in the league. Even if you are actively reading the thread, making a post every so often just lets people know that you're around.

I know some people might think sending XBL messages is a good form of communication...and it is better than nothing...but for people with a wife and kids, a job, school, other responsibilities, or even just other gaming systems, we might not turn our 360's on for a day or two...but people pretty much always check their email. I just want to make sure everybody has every opportunity to get their games scheduled, especially considering we're moving into the territory of playing CPU games now. That said, any game that is not played by the day of the deadline is subject to being a CPU game. Don't let the computer decide your fate!

I might piss and moan about a lot of things, but this is one I agree on. I've now completed four seasons between the two leagues and have only had a winning record in one, but I take my losses and press on. I'm debating what I want to do for upcoming seasons too, but I believe that I should at least ride it out and deal with it between the seasons.

#3780 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'm making the commitment to finish out this season. That being said, Nate, can you boot Archie so I can play my game? No communication whatsoever, and I just want to get it done.

691916.png