Photo
- - - - -

CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

• Please log in to reply
4457 replies to this topic

#4441 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

There was a lot of arguing throughout this year, but there's one thing I think we all can agree on:
Spoiler

#4442 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

I already have Madden 13 preordered and would love to continue in this league exclusively. Would like to stay the Rams if at all possible!

691916.png

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

#4443 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

Dude, go look at the box score. If you can't even admit that you were outplayed, then you're just a dick. That's not even disputable. "Other than that early 10 ponts"...yeah, sound argument. Well, "other than those 2 plays" you didn't do jack shit the entire game. If you're too much of an arrogant douchebag to recognize that you were fortunate to get 14 points when your offense got completely shut down, you're dumber than I could have imagined. I know you're from Boston, but come on.

EDIT - League is advanced. Would have done it sooner, but I had to take care of some stuff.

I never claimed to have a good offense. And I beat you without one.
MurdaModeLV

#4444 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

I never claimed to have a good offense. And I beat you without one.

In case you haven't figured it out, the reason people give you shit is because you're probably the least humble person in this league. Most everybody else will talk about a bounce they got, or a few things that just happened to go their way. You talk about how badass you are. It shouldn't come as a shock that that rubs people the wrong way. But whatever. It's over and done with.

#4445 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

Badass? Really?

Anyways

MurdaModeLV

#4446 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Keep it up. You're just proving my point.

#4447 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

Can he not be in next year's league? He is the exact opposite kind of player for which this JV league was intended -- both in attitude and sportsmanship.

691916.png

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

#4448 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Well, there are definitely some things I'd like to implement for next year's league to keep the assholery to a minimum. If I'm being honest, I was even involved in far more arguments than I would have liked. It's one thing to be competitive, but some people play for blood. I've mentioned it before, but for next year, I'd like to focus less on player skill level, and more on the things you mentioned: attitude, sportsmanship, etc.

I'd also like to remove as many of the external factors that are just randomly and arbitrarily decided as possible. My personal opinion is that there's no point having a competitive league that can be drastically affected by dumb luck and random occurrences. The first of those things would be weather and injuries. To me, they add nothing to the game.

Sure, it might be "interesting" to play in the rain or snow, but seeing my receiver slip and fall down while running a route causing the ball to be intercepted does nothing to prove that my opponent is better than me. Yeah, maybe it's "realistic", but I don't know...I don't like having things that piss me off when they happen when I'm watching a real game infiltrating my video game experience as well (I'm also not a fan of the cute "variable strike zone" that baseball games now have).

Same with injuries. They just randomly screw with your season, and add nothing to the game. If I'm not directly in control of the outcome of my games, I might as well just sim them. That's just the way I feel about it. If everybody else is strongly opposed to these ideas, and thinks weather and injuries provide a more enjoyable experience, then of course, majority will rule.

I would even suggest the possibility of doing a fantasy draft to make sure nobody had an unfair advantage...but I'm pretty sure they took that option out for Madden 13.

#4449 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

I don't get how you two bitching about my play is any better than me antagonizing you for it. Your posts about me and my play are never constructive at all, and If you didn't come in here crying about me, I wouldn't open my mouth.

But just so you know, I probably will not be JV'ing it next season.

I enjoyed playing with the Chiefs and the Giants and most of you guys, but I won't be missed so whatever.
MurdaModeLV

#4450 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

I don't get how you two bitching about my play is any better than me antagonizing you for it. Your posts about me and my play are never constructive at all, and If you didn't come in here crying about me, I wouldn't open my mouth.

But just so you know, I probably will not be JV'ing it next season.

I enjoyed playing with the Chiefs and the Giants and most of you guys, but I won't be missed so whatever.

We're basically splitting hairs at this point, but I never complained about your play. I just said that I outplayed you, and you were fortunate to win. Had the roles been reversed, and had you made that statement, I would have completely agreed with you. But you didn't see it that way, and that's your business. As for next year, I didn't figure you'd be back anyway. Like I said, I would prefer that people not double up with both leagues next year (if interest allows for it). I appreciate you playing till the end though.

#4451 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:58 AM

Giants take it down 28 17
MurdaModeLV

#4452 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

#4453 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Pretty tight game. It swung on two plays, a ridiculous bullshit bounce-off-the-leg interception just before the half, and a conservative decision by me to punt on 4th down with 2:43 left at midfield. But gg LV. Congrats

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#4454 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

I'd like to join the league in advance for madden 13. My GT is Rapidshot20.

Edit:as I posted this I noticed that the OP answered me in the official cag madden 12 league.

#4455 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

I'd like to join the league in advance for madden 13. My GT is Rapidshot20.

Edit:as I posted this I noticed that the OP answered me in the official cag madden 12 league.

Haha, it's cool, man. We'll be glad to have you. I'm excited about the possibility of having a full league this year. We didn't start until November last year, and most people were kind of settled in with the game by that time. Several of us stepped up and took a second team, so nobody would have to play the CPU. That worked reasonably well, but got pretty taxing by season 3. Hopefully getting an earlier start this year will help us to grow the league and make things even better. Welcome aboard!

#4456 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

Haha, it's cool, man. We'll be glad to have you. I'm excited about the possibility of having a full league this year. We didn't start until November last year, and most people were kind of settled in with the game by that time. Several of us stepped up and took a second team, so nobody would have to play the CPU. That worked reasonably well, but got pretty taxing by season 3. Hopefully getting an earlier start this year will help us to grow the league and make things even better. Welcome aboard!

I look forward to being back circa May 2013 :)

#4457 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Room for Doc to come back? LOL

#4458 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Room for Doc to come back? LOL