Photo
- - - - -

CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

• Please log in to reply
4457 replies to this topic

#2761 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Here are my opinions on the trades.

The first one is very lop sided. Trading a top prospect RB for a old washed up defensive played who wont improve anymore. I guess the 2nd sorta makes this better, but not much.

The other one I have less problems with, but I cant believe someone would trade their star CB for a only a 1st and 4th.

Basically, my opinion is both of these trades should be balanced out a little more.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I am getting a "DVO is fleecing people vibe" from these trade offers lately (to be clear, I don't think he's trying to con people...I just think he's dealing with people who don't recognize their players worth). I'm just going to put it bluntly, Tanabeo is awful at valuing his players. He did the same thing in the other league with Josh Freeman, who he was basically willing to give away from a bag of rocks. I didn't argue this trade much because he's just going to come back and say he doesn't care about Stewart/he doesn't ever play him/that's all he wants...whatever.

But the Eagles trade is different. Say what you want about him being "old". Asomugha is a STUD cornerback (93 rating) with A potential still. There is nobody even available in the draft who comes close to that. And I don't think the 4th round pick makes up the difference. But again, that's just my opinion. Majority will rule on this one.

#2762 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

its a 1st rounder 3rd rounder and 4th rounder just to clear
and age has to be somewhat of a factor in this or putting an age would be pointless to do hes an aged player. i wouldnt even give more than this for a young player at the same rating. so eagles are getting the steal in this one.
as for the panthers trade i asked him what he wanted for the RB and that was his demands so i agreed to his terms.
i have done no types of tricky here or con jobs just seeing whats out on the tables put my offers out there or see there demands and either agree or dont

for the eagles cowboys trade i would do this
1st 3rd 4th 5th round picks for the CB although i honestly feel thats to much i will do it becuz i do need a CB
as for the panthers i would add RB tashard choice to the trade even though that is to much in my eyes
but im really left with no choice in these trades for i do need these players to help better my team overall

#2763 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Packers/Bears tonite at 6pm CST.

Is this the game were the Packers get their rings? Lol

#2764 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

its a 1st rounder 3rd rounder and 4th rounder just to clear
and age has to be somewhat of a factor in this or putting an age would be pointless to do hes an aged player. i wouldnt even give more than this for a young player at the same rating. so eagles are getting the steal in this one.
as for the panthers trade i asked him what he wanted for the RB and that was his demands so i agreed to his terms.
i have done no types of tricky here or con jobs just seeing whats out on the tables put my offers out there or see there demands and either agree or dont

for the eagles cowboys trade i would do this
1st 3rd 4th 5th round picks for the CB although i honestly feel thats to much i will do it becuz i do need a CB
as for the panthers i would add RB tashard choice to the trade even though that is to much in my eyes
but im really left with no choice in these trades for i do need these players to help better my team overall

I'd be ok with a 1st, 3rd and 4th. Seems a lite steep for DVO but bottom line is he is getting an A, seasoned player. A number one draft pick would more than like take a season if not 2 to make up for the immediate impact that DVO is getting.

#2765 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

I agree that the value still isn't quite there. As n8 points out, the difference between Asomugha and a 1st round corner is quite extreme and a 4th rounder doesn't really make up for it. Also, Asomugha may be 31, but he doesn't drop in quality next year if the other league is any indication. He still is a stud. While I hate to forecast the future of our league, it is hard to see us going more than another 2-3 years and that may be optimistic (not trying to be down or anything, just realistic based off of interest, time and a new Madden eventually coming out. A run like that is quite an accomplishment for us all). I doubt that the first round and fourth round pick will have enough time to develop into studs that would be needed to make up for Asomugha.

However..since Philly hasn't come in to argue their side at all..The Eagles already had three top CBs and then the CPU drafted them the stud CB from the draft. That rookie develops into quite a star in the future. So they really have too many CBs to justify keeping them all. I assume that is their motivation for making a trade and it is a good one. There is no need to keep that many stud CBs. I also hate telling teams how they should manage their teams.

With all that being said, my biggest concern is actually with the Eagles owner. He missed the draft and the first two weeks of the season. If he goes MIA again, then we basically approved DVO to take a top corner from a CPU team in his own division. That isn't the case yet, but it isn't a big stretch to envision it occurring either. That is more of what I am torn still on right now.

#2766 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

its a 1st 3rd and 4th pick guys i added it to the trade to make it more fair

im guessing no one really cares about the panthers trade since the main topic seems to be the cowboys eagles trade

#2767 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

its a 1st 3rd and 4th pick guys i added it to the trade to make it more fair

im guessing no one really cares about the panthers trade since the main topic seems to be the cowboys eagles trade

Dark Rider objected, so I would say that one is still be discussed. I can see the concern as Stewart is still developing with his A potential.

I will say this though, and it is only my personal belief. Are we here to make sure every trade is perfectly balanced, or are we here to make sure that the integrity of the league is upheld? Value is in the eyes of the beholder, and a team may be making a deal from strengths to fill weaknesses. That is why I personally signed off on the CAR-DAL trade, as both teams are filling what they feel a need is.

The Eagles, however, are trading a top CB to a division rival while getting nothing back that helps them for the remainder of this long season. It seems odd. On top of that, they missed a big league event (draft) and their first two games. That is why I am more concerned with the Eagles trade.

#2768 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

thats why i added tashard choice to that trade
soits
mike jenkins 78 overall age 28 pot b
tashard choice 72 overall age 29 pot c or b
cowboys 2nd rounder

and johnthan stewart 87 overall age 26 pot A

now i wont disagree with anyone saying he isnt good if he wasnt i wouldnt want him but hes no where close to being the best in this game

#2769 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

thats why i added tashard choice to that trade
soits
mike jenkins 78 overall age 28 pot b
tashard choice 72 overall age 29 pot c or b
cowboys 2nd rounder

and johnthan stewart 87 overall age 26 pot A

now i wont disagree with anyone saying he isnt good if he wasnt i wouldnt want him but hes no where close to being the best in this game

Well, you're no where near giving up the best in the game either. ;)

Adding Choice is fine, but he is a throw in, nothing more for depth. He isn't really a difference maker in terms of value for the deal.

I really didn't want to weigh in on the CAR trade anymore, since I signed off on it, but that 'best in the game' comment pulled me back in. I will try to shut up on it now. :-#

#2770 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

However..since Philly hasn't come in to argue their side at all..The Eagles already had three top CBs and then the CPU drafted them the stud CB from the draft. That rookie develops into quite a star in the future. So they really have too many CBs to justify keeping them all. I assume that is their motivation for making a trade and it is a good one. There is no need to keep that many stud CBs. I also hate telling teams how they should manage their teams.

With all that being said, my biggest concern is actually with the Eagles owner. He missed the draft and the first two weeks of the season. If he goes MIA again, then we basically approved DVO to take a top corner from a CPU team in his own division. That isn't the case yet, but it isn't a big stretch to envision it occurring either. That is more of what I am torn still on right now.

Bingo. That's another problem I had with it. Just a few days ago, most people in the league were wondering if he had dropped. Then, he shows back up and wants to trade his top corner the next day? If he misses one more game, he's already ineligible for the playoffs. I'm not trying to be down on this trade...but thsee are just red flags for me. He's trading for draft picks...when he just didn't show up for the draft. I don't like it.

But like yanksfan, I don't know how we can ensure that N3XTLVL (or anybody for that matter) doesn't drop from the league next week. I guess I'd feel better about the deal if I felt DVO was actually giving up something. Trading draft picks is still snake oil to me in a way. It's a promise for a tomorrow that may not necessarily come.

Even if it does, as doc pointed out, the amount of time it would take for even a top 5 pick (which DVO's is unlikely to be) to develop into an Asomugha type CB is AT LEAST 2 seasons. I don't know how much tossing more draft picks onto it really helps things. Like I said, I feel what it would take to make the trade even, DVO doesn't have the cap space to make work. Asomugha is a 2 core player guy. I don't see how a trade for less than that makes any sense.

My advice for DVO would be to look for a corner who's not quite as big of a superstar as Asomugha.

EDIT - I will say, the Carolina trade I'm more ok with. As I said before, it's not dead even, but at least both sides are addressing needs and giving up something that will immediately affect them.

#2771 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

ok just talked to eagles owner in pms told him that trade was dead and we came up with a new deal.

eagles send rookie CB Laquon Charles overall 84 age 22-23ish pot A
for
cowboys 1st 3rd 4th round picks

this is a more than fair trade same trade only the Cb im getting is 9 ratings lower

#2772 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

ok just talked to eagles owner in pms told him that trade was dead and we came up with a new deal.

for

this is a more than fair trade same trade only the Cb im getting is 9 ratings lower

I like this one much better. It might even be reasonable to argue that the 4th rounder isn't necessary in that deal (however...if that's what it took for the Eagles to be comfortable with the trade I'd still say it's worth it). At least here DVO is having to groom a player meaning BOTH teams have to wait to reap the full benefits of the trade.

#2773 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

I agree it is more fair. My concerns with the Eagles trading a good player to a division rival still stand, but if the league approves, then I am fine with it.

#2774 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

lol yay finally good news haha.
hey N8 are we still on point to advance tonight at some point.
becuz thats why ive been pushing these two trades so hard trying to get them to go thru b4 my week 3 game. that way i can put the guys to use

#2775 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

lol yay finally good news haha.
hey N8 are we still on point to advance tonight at some point.
becuz thats why ive been pushing these two trades so hard trying to get them to go thru b4 my week 3 game. that way i can put the guys to use

I intend to. But I'm about to go lie down now so I'll be rested in case the baby doesn't sleep tonight. We should advance righr after the Rams/Seahawks game though.

#2776 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

I believe there's only two games left: GB vs CHI and STL vs SEA. I know the first will get played here in a bit. I see where lyric proposed a time for the other game, but I'm not sure if he ever got a commitment from the Seattle owner.

#2777 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

alright sweet.
anyone up to sub against the cowboys as the redskins. since the redskins are un owned. the game will only go down tonight though if the trades of the cowboys are approved. pm me if ur thinking u can sub. and also pending on the time of the advancement

#2778 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

for

I think this is too much. Considering the guy is only a rookie I think the first and third would be good enough.

#2779 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Rams/Seahawks scheduled for 11 p.m. EST!

691916.png

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

#2780 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

Pitfall my Xbox froze. Sorry bro! I'm signing on again!

#2781 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

Packers 35
Bears 7

This game was closer than the final score indicates. I jumped out to a 21-7 lead midway through the 2nd, but Doc shut me down until I scored a couple garbage-time TDs late off of turnovers.

GG, doc. I know you had a rough game. Cutler was making some shitty throws. Give it some time to learn playing with Chicago, and you'll be a lot better. And I'm sorry about that dive on that TD run. I thought I was going to get tackled, so I hit the X button.

#2782 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Packers 35
Bears 7

This game was closer than the final score indicates. I jumped out to a 21-7 lead midway through the 2nd, but Doc shut me down until I scored a couple garbage-time TDs late off of turnovers.

GG, doc. I know you had a rough game. Cutler was making some shitty throws. Give it some time to learn playing with Chicago, and you'll be a lot better. And I'm sorry about that dive on that TD run. I thought I was going to get tackled, so I hit the X button.

No worries dude! You are just a good player! Glad to have gotten beat on By the champs! You had an edge today though...it was Ring presentation night at Lambeau!

#2783 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

well only one game left till we advance.
hey N8 just curious doesnt look like there is anymore talk on the cowboys trades between eagles or the panthers wondering if ur ready to give ur final word on them when u ge tthe chance.
if the trades go through i hope both owners are around to move the players if not i was hoping maybe u could help get them moved around N8 if thats not to much to ask i know u got alot going on with other leagues and well home life as well let me know bro

#2784 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:31 AM

I'm fine with both trades.

#2785 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

Cowboys
Mike Jenkins, CB, 78 OVR, Age 28, POT B
Tashard Choice, HB, 72 OVR, Age 29, POT C
2nd round draft pick

FOR

Panthers
Jonathan Stewart, HB, 87 OVR, Age 26, POT A

Eagles
Laquon Charles, CB 84 OVR, Age 22, POT A

FOR

Cowboys
1st round draft pick
3rd round draft pick
4th round draft pick

I think we can approve both of these now. As I mentioned and Ultimate Matt X agreed with, you might be overpaying a bit for Charles, but you could also argue that that's the price for trading him in division. I think the trade would be fine without the 4th rounder, but since you're the one pursuing the deal, I can understand the logic of just wanting to make sure it gets done.

If there are no other objections, I'll move the players after I advance the league. Oh, also, just so everyone is aware, NOW DVO is basically done trading for the season, lol.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2786 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

sounds good man thanks for moving them for us bro greatly appricated

also if anyone can sub tommrow as the redskins around 630-8 central let me know thru pm

#2787 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

Tried to play Rams/Seahawks tonight, but the connection was so bad that we had to finally give up. Damailman says it is his school's bad internet. It was like playing in stop motion, but we were toughing it out on our second try until the connection finally broke.

I know the league is supposed to advance tonight, so is it OK if we just sim this one? I don't really want to start over again at 11:50 p.m.

Or, if we can extend, I can play tomorrow ...

691916.png

#2788 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

Yanksfan, I went ahead and dropped James Jones. Sorry for taking so long.

#2789 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

Tried to play Rams/Seahawks tonight, but the connection was so bad that we had to finally give up. Damailman says it is his school's bad internet. It was like playing in stop motion, but we were toughing it out on our second try until the connection finally broke.

I know the league is supposed to advance tonight, so is it OK if we just sim this one? I don't really want to start over again at 11:50 p.m.

Or, if we can extend, I can play tomorrow ...

Hmmmm ... He just invited me again. Giving it one more try ...

691916.png

#2790 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

I'd like to avoid extensions at all costs this season. If it drops again, we'll have to sim it. If it becomes a regular problem for damailman, he'll have to drop.
Do you have what it takes to compete?