Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

They couldn't put Phineaus and Ferb for PS3 on sale? :/
Posted Image

#32 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

Now that we've gotten through the bitching and moaning, how about some input for some of us who have kids to buy for?

For example, how are the Phineas and Ferb games for a 5 year old? My son is getting a DS for Christmas and I'm looking for appropriate games for him.

Hey your kid would love it imo ! what kid doesn't like that show ? The game is probibly simple but he's 5 so it would be perfect for your little one :)
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#33 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

Wow Amazon seems to have dropped the ball. I guess they've gotten greedy sitting at the top of the online businesses.

#34 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Great, 19 more days of crappy deals.

#35 WatTsu

WatTsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

I was hoping Disney Universe would be on there, as apparently my niece wants it for Christmas. Hopefully the sale flyers next week will have something.
Executive Producer, Host, and Creator
Geekspeak
http://www.geekspeakradio.us

#36 gordo789

gordo789

Freebasing Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

Great, 19 more days of crappy deals.

Strap yourself in for the ride. It's going to be bumpy.

#37 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

Lol, title should read 19 days of overpriced bargain bin games. Are they taking notes from TRU?

I always find it funny when Cheapy has to promote these Amazon sales because nobody else would post this shit otherwise.:rofl:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#38 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

Sadly, I might end up buying that Disney Princess game for my daughters for Christmas. Ugh.

#39 urallgyots

urallgyots

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

no Epic Mickey for $19.99?

Edit: LMAOOOO!!!!! I wrote this comment before I even looked at the deals and lo behold, Epic Mickey for $19.99 is the second game on the list

#40 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

Hey your kid would love it imo ! what kid doesn't like that show ? The game is probibly simple but he's 5 so it would be perfect for your little one :)

Many of the reviews on Amazon say there is a lot of reading in these games and not good for kids under 7. Or over 9. Small audience. I think the problem is kids/parents are expecting this to be some type of fun and easy platform game but they sound more like puzzle solving. Even if they are good games in their own right sometimes expectations ruin the experience.

#41 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

As much as Best Buy has "been killing it". Most of the big deals seem to have been uniform. For example: Gears of War was the same price everywhere. ACR was $35 everywhere. All the new EA games were $29.99 everywhere. Those deals didn't seem to be up to the retail outlet as much as a decision from the publishers to sell titles even more wholesale than usual for the sake of BF deals.

Amazon still has the customer support and my favorite trade-in program (value). Best Buy's been having nice sale prices like Target's occasional clearance finds but the consistency of price award goes to Amazon.....even though they've kinda been upsetting me w/ their lack of bonus offers on new titles. It seems like a year ago, every game had a $10-$20 bonus offer. These days, very few do.

#42 urallgyots

urallgyots

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

As much as Best Buy has "been killing it". Most of the big deals seem to have been uniform. For example: Gears of War was the same price everywhere. ACR was $35 everywhere. All the new EA games were $29.99 everywhere. Those deals didn't seem to be up to the retail outlet as much as a decision from the publishers to sell titles even more wholesale than usual for the sake of BF deals.

Amazon still has the customer support and my favorite trade-in program (value). Best Buy's been having nice sale prices like Target's occasional clearance finds but the consistency of price award goes to Amazon.....even though they've kinda been upsetting me w/ their lack of bonus offers on new titles. It seems like a year ago, every game had a $10-$20 bonus offer. These days, very few do.

vanquish for $5 ,bulletstorm for $8, and Tomb Raider trilogy for $9.50 wasnt uniform

#43 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

What a pathetic list of games. No Disney Kinect. What a joke.

#44 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Guess I can save my money on this day. I'm kind of hoping for B2G1 free day on all titles although it will probably be select titles.

#45 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

Many of the reviews on Amazon say there is a lot of reading in these games and not good for kids under 7. Or over 9. Small audience. I think the problem is kids/parents are expecting this to be some type of fun and easy platform game but they sound more like puzzle solving. Even if they are good games in their own right sometimes expectations ruin the experience.

The reading part is a problem, tho my son does like puzzle games, even if he isn't that good at them. He really likes playing Zack and Wiki on the Wii.
Posted Image

#46 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

The reading part is a problem, tho my son does like puzzle games, even if he isn't that good at them. He really likes playing Zack and Wiki on the Wii.

I think its great to play puzzle ganesh with your kids as you can both play together and it teaches your son/daughter problem solving skills
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#47 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Day 1 (Over pricing) :)
"Evil is Funs"

#48 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

I'm hoping we get Dark Souls again during one of these deals. Even if it's just a repeat at $35. I think I'll buy it this time if so.

Crunchewy.png

#49 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

A shift to higher prices, longer shipping, gas prices, and sales tax?

Best Buy didn't do anything special this holiday season and K Mart?
Their rep is trying hard but it's also a store on the out that has most of it's locations in conditions so deplorable that you can't get whatever's on sale.

Amazon is still the best place to go for prices, the old argument used to be "bu bu but we have to be in front of the computer all day for a deal" and now with everyone and their dog having a smart phone that's no longer an issue.

Best Buy needs to lower their prices to cover tax, offer real customer service, and offer free 2 day shipping and then we may see a shift All we have now is people saying Best Buy is good because they fail to see everything connected with those "deals"

K-Mart, you actually brought up K-Mart as a good thing, wow

Since you're attitude in addressing me is full of whining and simply annoys me, I have no choice but to speak to you as a child...

First of all...child...learn to read within the context of what is written. I mentioned KMart only to describe who Josh is around here...and the fact he HAS been doing a great job and steering KMart's gaming department in the right direction due to his aggressive leadership within their marketing/buying department.

Secondly...child...Best Buy has delivered way better deals, not only this BF and CM, but has been on a consistent level with their DOTD's. Sure you have to pay tax...but when Vanquish is on sale for $4.99 with free shipping...tax is inconsequential.

Free 2-day shipping? I have a BB that is no more than a 2-3 minute drive for in-store pickup. A lot faster than free 2-day shipping. And since I'm a patient person that always uses Amazon's FSSS (via USPS...which take better care of my packages), waiting a bit for shipping doesn't bother me.

Also, I've had nothing but positive exchanges with Best Buy's CSR. Nothing different than Amazon's. In fact, BB CSR seem to be local employee's who have a better grasp of the English language...so I don't have to repeat my issues and process times are much quicker.

But let's not derail the train too much. I was talking about pure deals. The simple fact is Best Buy has been providing the best deals lately...period. With prices much lower than Amazon...even after taxes, which is another fact. Amazon simply needs to step up their game. If they don't, customers will go where the better deals are...and these last few days prove that. They also need to fix and get rid of their broken Lightning Deal sales model. It annoys customers. And anytime a retailer annoys customers, they are doing it wrong. Amazon's video game customer base has become too big to continue utilizing the current LD system.

There is nothing more to discuss.

Edited by shrike4242, 29 November 2011 - 07:50 PM.

#50 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

A shift to higher prices, longer shipping, gas prices, and sales tax?

Best Buy didn't do anything special this holiday season and K Mart?
Their rep is trying hard but it's also a store on the out that has most of it's locations in conditions so deplorable that you can't get whatever's on sale.

Amazon is still the best place to go for prices, the old argument used to be "bu bu but we have to be in front of the computer all day for a deal" and now with everyone and their dog having a smart phone that's no longer an issue.

Best Buy needs to lower their prices to cover tax, offer real customer service, and offer free 2 day shipping and then we may see a shift All we have now is people saying Best Buy is good because they fail to see everything connected with those "deals"

K-Mart, you actually brought up K-Mart as a good thing, wow

You bring up a good pint with Gas Prices. Both companies with ground shipping take the same amount of time for purchases, and this coming from somebody who lives less a 1 hour ferry ride away from their headquarters.

Best Buy depending on how you look at it followed or took the lead with the games to put on discount and the prices. Take for example the xbox 360 bundle, they had it for the same $199 that others had it for. Amazon had it too, the difference is that Best Buy seemed to have 150K units to ship while Amazon had maybe 50K that went in 60 seconds. The point is that BB had the deals last for a few hours and not seconds that they did on Amazon. As for prices, they seems the exact same to me $199, $24.99, etc... Amazon took their price from other retailers (or vice-versa). So the saving was in taxes. Great for a up to 10% discount. BB gives reward dollars on purchases equal to about 5%.

Show me where Amazon offers free two day shipping!

On topic I love Amazon. But look forward to day 2.

#51 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

On topic, are any of these good for a 5 year old girl? Seems like a lot of reading. We have both a Wii and DS, but not sure if I want to bite. The Princess, Tinkerbell or Tangled seem interesting.

#52 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

On topic, are any of these good for a 5 year old girl? Seems like a lot of reading. We have both a Wii and DS, but not sure if I want to bite. The Princess, Tinkerbell or Tangled seem interesting.

They may not be in this sale but has your daughter tried the momma games (like cooking mamma) ? They aren't expensive and she will probibly have much more fun with those than the games in this day 1 sale imo
Currently playing

690739.png

#53 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Pfft. They didn't even put Disney Universe on the list. Also surprised that Toy Story 3 for PSP didn't make the list again.

16Z462z.jpg

#54 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Since you're attitude in addressing me is full of whining and simply annoys me, I have no choice but to speak to you as a child...

First of all...child...learn to read within the context of what is written. I mentioned KMart only to describe who Josh is around here...and the fact he HAS been doing a great job and steering KMart's gaming department in the right direction due to his aggressive leadership within their marketing/buying department.

Secondly...child...Best Buy has delivered way better deals, not only this BF and CM, but has been on a consistent level with their DOTD's. Sure you have to pay tax...but when Vanquish is on sale for $4.99 with free shipping...tax is inconsequential.

Free 2-day shipping? I have a BB that is no more than a 2-3 minute drive for in-store pickup. A lot faster than free 2-day shipping. And since I'm a patient person that always uses Amazon's FSSS (via USPS...which take better care of my packages), waiting a bit for shipping doesn't bother me.

Also, I've had nothing but positive exchanges with Best Buy's CSR. Nothing different than Amazon's. In fact, BB CSR seem to be local employee's who have a better grasp of the English language...so I don't have to repeat my issues and process times are much quicker.

But let's not derail the train too much. I was talking about pure deals. The simple fact is Best Buy has been providing the best deals lately...period. With prices much lower than Amazon...even after taxes, which is another fact. Amazon simply needs to step up their game. If they don't, customers will go where the better deals are...and these last few days prove that. They also need to fix and get rid of their broken Lightning Deal sales model. It annoys customers. And anytime a retailer annoys customers, they are doing it wrong. Amazon's video game customer base has become too big to continue utilizing the current LD system.

There is nothing more to discuss.

And the only thing I will say "WOW" to, is the fact I spent this much time replying to you. You may go chug your Ritalin now.

I have a few, I'll teach you a few things that happened in the real world

1. Best Buy was higher on most items even before tax, Amazon offered everything Best Buy did at either the same price or lower WITHOUT tax. Where to find Gears of War 3 for more then Amazon? Best Buy to the rescue. One of your arguments out the door.

2. Oh you have a Best Buy 2 or 3 minutes away from you? Well I'm very proud, now did you have to approve zoning or was this just a magical surprise? Did the magic also carry over into a car that runs on water? If it didn't then I guess there goes another one of your arguments.

3. Vanquish was on sale for 4.99 for the PS3, there's your one win, you actually described what happened in the real world, bravo

4. As far as Josh goes all his work is for nothing because the stores don't follow through. You can have the best coach in the league but if he's players suck so does the team. Amazon's reps are able to get things done on the consumer level, something K-Mart has been unable to do.

Your whole problem (besides making up stories to help you in this argument) is that you fail to see the entire spectrum of users and only look at it from your own perspective which is skewed to say the least.

Amazon is able to roll out deals on every genre and every age group to every buyer. While many are going to scoff at today's sale there's going to be many more that have been looking for said game and this is where they're going to find the best price.

There were admitted glitches with one of their systems just like every other retailer had problems at one point or another this year, it happens. I'm not going to praise or bash them for that it's just something that happens in the world.

As far as the deals section being outdated I don't think it is. There is a larger group of users on Amazon's deals so they are taken faster. Best Buy doesn't have all day sales they have until they run out of inventory and because Best Buy is pretty much skipped over online for sales they have stock that lasts longer.

You can either choose Amazon's lightning deal or Best Buy's "whenever we feel like activating it deal" Amazon gives a head's up on things while Best Buy is just refreshing the pages and waiting until they're up.

Lastly Amazon doesn't make you purchase their in house publication to get the sale prices that are seen at most other stores.

Overall if you want to spend the least amount of money there is no better alternative them Amazon right now, any other answer is incorrect

#55 appleyum

appleyum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Yikes!. Now it's 19 days till Christmas instead of 12. This isn't going to go so well.

#56 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

You bring up a good pint with Gas Prices. Both companies with ground shipping take the same amount of time for purchases, and this coming from somebody who lives less a 1 hour ferry ride away from their headquarters.

Best Buy depending on how you look at it followed or took the lead with the games to put on discount and the prices. Take for example the xbox 360 bundle, they had it for the same $199 that others had it for. Amazon had it too, the difference is that Best Buy seemed to have 150K units to ship while Amazon had maybe 50K that went in 60 seconds. The point is that BB had the deals last for a few hours and not seconds that they did on Amazon. As for prices, they seems the exact same to me $199, $24.99, etc... Amazon took their price from other retailers (or vice-versa). So the saving was in taxes. Great for a up to 10% discount. BB gives reward dollars on purchases equal to about 5%.

Show me where Amazon offers free two day shipping!

On topic I love Amazon. But look forward to day 2.

The quantities aren't different, it's the traffic, Amazon does more online then Best Buy does online and in store so it's only logical that Amazon runs out of items before Best Buy

Also Amazon's system of "grab it and decide" is also to blame for what look like lowered supplies of items. With Best Buy things can be taken out of your cart if you don't check out in time. With Amazon things are kept in the cart for a certain amount of time so people on the fence can hold up supplies while they decide.

If Best Buy had the same kind of traffic Amazon did they would sell out as fast. Also Best Buy's policy of "no idea when a sale goes live" isn't good, it's almost as some would say "ungood"

Best Buy did a good job of fighting for sales but gas and tax and shipping kills deals.

As far as Amazon's free 2 day shipping I look at it from the way that many people are using Prime for their entertainment options with a Roku or other device. Heck they're gaining so many users they're forcing Netflix to make changes. Worst case scenario that's a tie.

#57 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

On topic, are any of these good for a 5 year old girl?

Don't see a phrase like this too often on CAG.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#58 DefeatUForever

DefeatUForever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

I
1. Best Buy was higher on most items even before tax, Amazon offered everything Best Buy did at either the same price or lower WITHOUT tax.

I love amazon and do almost all my shopping on there but the tax is a state by state thing. I'm in New York City and I have to pay tax on stuff on amazon.

#59 DefeatUForever

DefeatUForever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Also they did this 19 days or whatever deals last year on amazon and they were pretty awful last year too if I recall.

#60 oiskaio

oiskaio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

I love amazon and do almost all my shopping on there but the tax is a state by state thing. I'm in New York City and I have to pay tax on stuff on amazon.

Same here in Kansas. Most of the deals for me have been just as cheap and easy at BB