Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
822 replies to this topic

#91 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

So.. the girl's name is Ellie and she looks like Ellen Page. Boy, someone at ND has a crush.

I wrote a blog post about this trailer, and mentioned Ellen Page and her Maritime link: http://wp.me/pRd9F-3i

One of the dev's commented on my blog post, stating that the girl is actually Ashley Johnson, and directed me to this site which gives information about the cast: http://wearethelastofus.wordpress.com/

~S
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#92 beefytwinkie

beefytwinkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

I wrote a blog post about this trailer, and mentioned Ellen Page and her Maritime link: http://wp.me/pRd9F-3i

One of the dev's commented on my blog post, stating that the girl is actually Ashley Johnson, and directed me to this site which gives information about the cast: http://wearethelastofus.wordpress.com/

~S

Ellie certainly seems like she's modeled after Ellen Page. Ashley Johnson is voicing her but Ellie was definitely not modeled after Johnson.

#93 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

I must be getting old because I was not impressed.

Why should I, as a gamer, be impressed by what looks like a footage of a cg movie, with acceptable voice acting? I think much of the reason I'm lukewarm on Uncharted is due in part to its insistence on making every moment cinematic, even at the cost of satisfying gameplay. Naughty Dog is losing their identity by abandoning their charmingly cheesy platformer roots to keep up with the hollywood/realistic shooter craze.

Because some of us enjoy the interactive movie experience? And we don't know much yet, so why not be optimistic instead of pessimistic knowing ND's track record?

And you just canceled out your own point and its really obnoxious -- you gotta choose one. Is it a boring realistic shooter like all the others? Or is it an interactive movie experience? You say, "Oh I hate how they make everything cinematic" but at the same time don't just want another generic SHOOT EVERYTHING for 7 hours experience. Make up your mind! Where is this shooter you say is perfect?

#94 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

Ellie certainly seems like she's modeled after Ellen Page. Ashley Johnson is voicing her but Ellie was definitely not modeled after Johnson.

Yeah, it definitely looks more like Ellen Page than Ashley Johnson (never heard of her).

Because some of us enjoy the interactive movie experience? And we don't know much yet, so why not be optimistic instead of pessimistic knowing ND's track record?

And you just canceled out your own point and its really obnoxious -- you gotta choose one. Is it a boring realistic shooter like all the others? Or is it an interactive movie experience? You say, "Oh I hate how they make everything cinematic" but at the same time don't just want another generic SHOOT EVERYTHING for 7 hours experience. Make up your mind! Where is this shooter you say is perfect?

I think it's too early to say whether this will be a cinematic game like the Uncharted series... I honestly doubt ND will go that route again. I'm guessing this will be a bit more open and non-linear.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#95 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

Anyone has something slightly critical to say and you jump down their throat.

You're a ND fanboy. We get it. The guy has a point, ask anyone how much Dead Island's trailer had to do with the game. Sure it's done with in-game graphics, I already heard that one when KZ2 came out.

And personally I love the cinematic experience but it's not for everyone. Why do you have to be so negative?

#96 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

Anyone has something slightly critical to say and you jump down their throat.

You're a ND fanboy. We get it. The guy has a point, ask anyone how much Dead Island's trailer had to do with the game. Sure it's done with in-game graphics, I already heard that one when KZ2 came out.

And personally I love the cinematic experience but it's not for everyone. Why do you have to be so negative?

It is more of a statement of annoyance from a point that seems to be constantly missed. Just getting tired of hearing, "I don't want a cinematic experience I just want gameplay" -- so if it sounded like I'm "jumping down his throat" it wasn't my intention, just more of a broad conclusion to that statement.

Why am I explaining myself to camoor...

#97 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

Screenshots! :D

http://www.gameinfor...last-of-us.aspx

This game looks like uncharted except you get to hit mofos with wood instead of shoot them.

#98 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

Screenshots! :D

http://www.gameinfor...last-of-us.aspx

This game looks like uncharted except you get to hit mofos with wood instead of shoot them.

Looks really awesome so far, hope it comes out this year.

#99 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

New Trailer. Looks Awesome.

http://www.ign.com/a...ailer-new-ellie

#100 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

That was a good trailer... Day one Purchase now.
Posted Image

#101 SweetP1983

SweetP1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

Looks damn good! Can't wait for it.
135068.png]

#102 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

As good as these trailers look, I want to see some actual in game footage. I don't care if all it shows is just a rotating camera showing the environments with the characters just standing there, but there's a clear distinct between cut-scenes using in game graphics and actual in game graphics.

Oh well, E3 is coming soon... hopefully we find out more then.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#103 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

I guess Ellen Page threatened to sue?
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#104 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

I guess Ellen Page threatened to sue?

Maybe lol...When I watched the second trailer I didn't noticed any differences in her until somebody mentioned it to me, probably because its been a while since I've seen the original one. Still looks a little Ellen Pagish to me though.

Posted Image

#105 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Her left ee looks sick!
Posted Image

#106 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

Her left ee looks sick!

probably cause he had to give her a taste of the back of his hand due to her making noise when fungus monsters were around.

#107 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

Maybe lol...When I watched the second trailer I didn't noticed any differences in her until somebody mentioned it to me, probably because its been a while since I've seen the original one. Still looks a little Ellen Pagish to me though.

Posted Image

What... changes did they make? She looks almost exactly the same, outside of the hair and a more rounded face.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#108 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

What... changes did they make? She looks almost exactly the same, outside of the hair and a more rounded face.

Well, they didn't make a drastic change. Still looks similar to how she was before but with tweaks to her hair, nose, lips maybe. Looks a little younger too.

Posted Image

#109 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

So...anyone think this will end a similar way that the Book of Eli and The Road did where
Spoiler

#110 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Updated the OP with the Gameplay Trailer. I hope this game releases during the upcoming Holiday season.

#111 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Updated the OP with the Gameplay Trailer. I hope this game releases during the upcoming Holiday season.

Sadly it wont be in 2012...
Sucks big time.

#112 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

this game is my Game of the year for PS3

#113 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Some people have been talking about whether or not the gameplay sequence shown at E3 was scripted. According to ND it wasn't, so there will be different ways you can tackle a situation. Someone said that you could have completely avoided the guys in the gameplay video if you wanted to.

http://www.gamepodun...t-scripted-r806

Sadly it wont be in 2012...
Sucks big time.

Yea, I read that last night. I guess theres a good chance we might not get this until fall 2013. :cry:

#114 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

i want this game really bad but i dont want them to F it up so they can take there time on it so they dont rush it out and F it up like some games did

#115 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...last-of-us-demo

Apparently, different conversations can happen during gameplay, based on how the player decides to act. It doesn't dramatically change anything but I think it's a neat idea.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#116 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Gamescom Trailer

#117 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

Ugh, so maybe 10 seconds of new stuff and the rest rehash.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#118 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Well, they didn't make a drastic change. Still looks similar to how she was before but with tweaks to her hair, nose, lips maybe. Looks a little younger too.

Posted Image

Looks like they made the dude's face slightly more gaunt. Makes him look more like a haggard Dylan McDermott. Isn't Nate Drake based on McDermott anyway? ND needs a new muse.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#119 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

Hype for this one is going to be slow for a while.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#120 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Last of Us is going to be so great. May 7th cannot come fast enough.
Posted Image