Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

[quote name='camoor']Anyone has something slightly critical to say and you jump down their throat.

You're a ND fanboy. We get it. The guy has a point, ask anyone how much Dead Island's trailer had to do with the game. Sure it's done with in-game graphics, I already heard that one when KZ2 came out.

And personally I love the cinematic experience but it's not for everyone. Why do you have to be so negative?[/QUOTE]
It is more of a statement of annoyance from a point that seems to be constantly missed. Just getting tired of hearing, "I don't want a cinematic experience I just want gameplay" -- so if it sounded like I'm "jumping down his throat" it wasn't my intention, just more of a broad conclusion to that statement.

Why am I explaining myself to camoor...

As good as these trailers look, I want to see some actual in game footage. I don't care if all it shows is just a rotating camera showing the environments with the characters just standing there, but there's a clear distinct between cut-scenes using in game graphics and actual in game graphics.

Oh well, E3 is coming soon... hopefully we find out more then.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I guess Ellen Page threatened to sue?[/QUOTE]

Maybe lol...When I watched the second trailer I didn't noticed any differences in her until somebody mentioned it to me, probably because its been a while since I've seen the original one. Still looks a little Ellen Pagish to me though.

2qiwmzc.jpg

[quote name='Thomas96']Her left ee looks sick![/QUOTE]

probably cause he had to give her a taste of the back of his hand due to her making noise when fungus monsters were around.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Maybe lol...When I watched the second trailer I didn't noticed any differences in her until somebody mentioned it to me, probably because its been a while since I've seen the original one. Still looks a little Ellen Pagish to me though.

2qiwmzc.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What... changes did they make? She looks almost exactly the same, outside of the hair and a more rounded face.

[quote name='Vinny']What... changes did they make? She looks almost exactly the same, outside of the hair and a more rounded face.[/QUOTE]

Well, they didn't make a drastic change. Still looks similar to how she was before but with tweaks to her hair, nose, lips maybe. Looks a little younger too.

igavyf.jpg

So...anyone think this will end a similar way that the Book of Eli and The Road did where
the older guy who kind of watches over the young person dies and the younger individual has to take over from there?

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Updated the OP with the Gameplay Trailer. I hope this game releases during the upcoming Holiday season.[/QUOTE]

Sadly it wont be in 2012...
Sucks big time.

Some people have been talking about whether or not the gameplay sequence shown at E3 was scripted. According to ND it wasn't, so there will be different ways you can tackle a situation. Someone said that you could have completely avoided the guys in the gameplay video if you wanted to.

http://www.gamepodunk.com/page/inde...ims-the-last-of-us-demo-was-not-scripted-r806

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Sadly it wont be in 2012...
Sucks big time.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I read that last night. I guess theres a good chance we might not get this until fall 2013. :cry:

i want this game really bad but i dont want them to F it up so they can take there time on it so they dont rush it out and F it up like some games did

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Well, they didn't make a drastic change. Still looks similar to how she was before but with tweaks to her hair, nose, lips maybe. Looks a little younger too.

igavyf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks like they made the dude's face slightly more gaunt. Makes him look more like a haggard Dylan McDermott. Isn't Nate Drake based on McDermott anyway? ND needs a new muse.

Man, this game looks stunning. And I really hope it sticks with the May 7 date, which is just days before I graduate.:D

The VGAs may suck but they usually bring some awesome reveals/trailers. Part of me was hoping for a surprised reveal of Uncharted 4...

So exited for this game! I hope some kind of special edition is announced. Also, the release date leads me to believe that the PS4 will launch late 2013. Wishful thinking?

[quote name='Naughty Dog']

We are also excited to announce details on the bonus content you can get for pre-ordering your copy of The Last of Us. Participating retailers will offer the Sights and Sounds Pack, which includes:

The official soundtrack of the game
A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
Two avatars for your PSN profile – Winter Joel and Winter Ellie

We’ve also worked with GameStop to provide exclusive bonus content in addition to the Sights and Sounds Pack. Pre-ordering at GameStop also nets you the Survival Pack, which includes:

Bonus experience points for multiplayer
A multiplayer melee attack booster
Some extra starting in-game cash
Special customizable character items for multiplayer
Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign

Multiplayer, wha? We’re not quite ready to talk about it yet, but stay tuned as we’ll be revealing more details on multiplayer before The Last of Us is released on May 7th, 2013.
[/quote]

Survival Pack
url
Sights & Sounds pack
2cp3myo.jpg

Playstation blog

lastof-noscale.jpg

Hmm... Cue angry cries of "Why does every game cover have to have a scowling dark-haired dude holding a gun"? Or is this one going to escape criticism somehow.

After watching the latest preview, I really want to play this game...but I think the may have ruined the ending. Then again, I am probably wrong.

[quote name='Bug42']After watching the latest preview, I really want to play this game...but I think the may have ruined the ending. Then again, I am probably wrong.[/QUOTE]

I think I know what you're talking about and I hope we're both wrong. :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Hmm... Cue angry cries of "Why does every game cover have to have a scowling dark-haired dude holding a gun"? Or is this one going to escape criticism somehow.[/QUOTE]

kotaku loved the cover and praised it because there is a female on it predominately... Unlike Bioshock Infinite. Personally, with it being post apocalyptic and there likely being so few kitchens around I'm not sure here the a proper spot for her is... :lol: (Just Kidding)

Link: http://kotaku.com/5968027/some-idio...he-cover-of-the-last-of-us?tag=the-last-of-us

I'm likely really odd that I look forward to MP in Naughty Dog games more than the single player... A) I like it (eh. For the most part) and B) I have family* that cannot play FPS and will try very few games outside of ND so its pretty much this or not playing with them.

* We did Warhawk some... Though I never did really like it, it was late in its shelf life and very little new blood was joining so I had far more bad games than good games. We where going to do SOCOM4 but my family flaked out and returned it real soon. (Granted, it was the smart call... The PSN outage killed any momentum that the beta hadn't killed for that game.)

So, anyhow long point short... I was really disappointed in Uncharted 3. The SP wasn't as well done as UC2 BUT it was the MP that was the bug disapointment. The MP should have been much better than UC2, and UC2 was amazing for what it was, and the first beta suggested that they were going to knock it out of the ballpack but somehow between that beta and the final release they changed it all up... and pretty much for the worse. (I played UC2, minus one good break till the release of UC3.... UC3, I'm already done with and likely won't ever go back.)

So, yeah, a lot hangs on this game's MP for me and I'm already getting a bad vibe from the announcement of the preorder bonus from Gamesyop. One of UC's MP's flaws has always been the melee in it... Its too powerful and too easy to pull off. (Aka people eat rounds and just punch ya dead.)

So a booster to help make it easier... Such horrible news.

I'll likely still get it day of release... Its the same team that did UC2 so the story aught to be better but man.... such dread.

[quote name='8bitArtist']not really looking forward to this games MP. the SP however has me super excited.[/QUOTE]

I think it will be more Uncharted than Last of US in regards to the MP... (At least the competitive MP that is.)

SP, I am looking forward to it... but I suspect I can wait to play it. It will be MP that makes or breaks a Day 1 purchase for me. (I do hate to be one of those people but I have such a backlog and my prior experience says I will not do a good job of getting it played when I got to the next generation.

My BIGGEST gripe with Uncharted games in general (and this carries over to MP) is the enemies soak up way too many bullets. I'm really hoping TLOU is a bit more realistic. If so, then MP should be amazing.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I think it will be more Uncharted than Last of US in regards to the MP... (At least the competitive MP that is.)

SP, I am looking forward to it... but I suspect I can wait to play it. It will be MP that makes or breaks a Day 1 purchase for me. (I do hate to be one of those people but I have such a backlog and my prior experience says I will not do a good job of getting it played when I got to the next generation.[/QUOTE]

same here with backlog issue, really wanted to preorder the game with bestbuy $20 offer. before joining cag forum, i had no backlog at all. now 40+ games of backlog. especially with my schedule, i doubt i will finish them before ps4 releases

[quote name='SynGamer']My BIGGEST gripe with Uncharted games in general (and this carries over to MP) is the enemies soak up way too many bullets. I'm really hoping TLOU is a bit more realistic. If so, then MP should be amazing.[/QUOTE]

could be lag too. i mean, playing black ops 2 online, its astounding how many bullets someone takes on my screen but the kill cam tells a completely different tale.

i had some major gripes with uc3 mp (kill streaks, uneven maps, 1 shot sniper kills anywhere) but the most annoying thing was the hip fire then melee combo everyone seemed to always do.

its pretty crazy to think the best version of the uc2 mp was when it was in beta form. god damn that was a fucking blast. ND took a good thing and tweaked to all hell and messed it all up.

[quote name='SynGamer']My BIGGEST gripe with Uncharted games in general (and this carries over to MP) is the enemies soak up way too many bullets. I'm really hoping TLOU is a bit more realistic. If so, then MP should be amazing.[/QUOTE]

It's a video game. If you want realistic shooting go join the army.

[quote name='8bitArtist']could be lag too. i mean, playing black ops 2 online, its astounding how many bullets someone takes on my screen but the kill cam tells a completely different tale.

i had some major gripes with uc3 mp (kill streaks, uneven maps, 1 shot sniper kills anywhere) but the most annoying thing was the hip fire then melee combo everyone seemed to always do.

its pretty crazy to think the best version of the uc2 mp was when it was in beta form. god damn that was a fucking blast. ND took a good thing and tweaked to all hell and messed it all up.[/QUOTE]

I was more so referring to the SP. All three games saw enemies taking a ridiculous amount of bullets to kill. I'm not asking for 1-shot-kills, but 3-5 bullets max would be ideal, not an entire clip :razz:. Having seen the trailers for TLOU, it just looks too gritty to have unrealistic AI HP. And the line in the VGA trailer "make every shot count" leads me to believe enemies will go down with far fewer bullets than the Uncharted series. Or at least I hope that's how it turns out.

[quote name='matrix9280']It's a video game. If you want realistic shooting go join the army.[/QUOTE]

Terrible argument, please refrain from quoting me until you can present a logical counter.

Amazon Italy has a special limited edition listed

last-of-us-special-limited-edition-800x800.jpg

The Last of Us – Special Limited Edition comes in a box and includes the following:

• Metal water bottle
  • PlayStation Plus Card: Subscription 30 Days
  • Skin (outer cover) for PlayStation 3 Console and Controller
  • DLC: Sights and Sounds Pack’, which includes: the official soundtrack of the game, a dynamic theme for the PS3 with the cover art of the game, two avatars for your profile PSN – Winter Winter Joel and Ellie.
Taken from: http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/dthe-last-of-us-special-limited-edition

It doesn't look like a thermos, but a Sigg.

Edit: It's what I used to use before my camelbak, so it looks very familiar, minus the text.

I hope Naughty Dog has another launch event like they did for Uncharted 3. I went to the event in Dallas and my team won the multiplayer tournament and we all got the Vanilla and Collectors Editions of the game not to mention the swag. Fun event.

Did anyone order from amazon Italy before how much is it in USD and how long does it take

Last edited:
bread's done
Back