Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

Should be good. I just beat Uncharted 3 (finally) last night so I'm all ready for this. Though I have a ton of shit in my backlog and I still have Dead Space 3 and Bioshock 3 to get through.

So The Last of US has 2 Collector's Editions for North America.

The Survivor Edition $79.99

1. Full Size 170 Page Hardcover Artbook by Dark Horse
2. Steelbook Edition
3. American dreams #1 Comic
4. Sights and Sounds DLC Pack
5. Stickers!

The Post-Pandemic Edition $159.99 (Holy Shit) only at GAMESTOP and they "say" it will be very limited

1. 12" Premium Statue of by Project Triforce ($199.99 MSRP they say)
2. Steelbook Edition
4. Survival DLC Pack
5. Sights and Sounds DLC Pack
6. Stickers!

Personally I am considering the Survival Pack because the Artbook and Steelbook are appealing to me for the extra $20.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...vival-edition-post-pandemic-edition-revealed/

I'll likely put down the $5 at a local Gamestop for their edition...then gauge actual "limited" status before I pick it up.

I still have a bad vibe for Naughty Dog after the botched Uncharted 3 release (control issues, etc.). Hope this is good!

Artbook for the win. And for some reason I like CE/LE's in which the game come packed in the steelbook already so this will most likely be the Uncharted 3 CE which I liked for obvious reasons( To Hide stuff).

[quote name='Rig']I'll likely put down the $5 at a local Gamestop for their edition...then gauge actual "limited" status before I pick it up.

I still have a bad vibe for Naughty Dog after the botched Uncharted 3 release (control issues, etc.). Hope this is good![/QUOTE]

U can only put 5$ to pre-order the The Post-Pandemic Edition

I may get both because it's my GOTY and I hope the steelbook are different

[quote name='cancerman1120']So The Last of US has 2 Collector's Editions for North America.

The Survivor Edition $79.99

1. Full Size 170 Page Hardcover Artbook by Dark Horse
2. Steelbook Edition
4. Sights and Sounds DLC Pack
5. Stickers!

The Post-Pandemic Edition $159.99 (Holy Shit) only at GAMESTOP and they "say" it will be very limited

1. 12" Premium Statue of by Project Triforce ($199.99 MSRP they say)
2. Steelbook Edition
4. Survival DLC Pack
5. Sights and Sounds DLC Pack
6. Stickers!

Personally I am considering the Survival Pack because the Artbook and Steelbook are appealing to me for the extra $20.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...vival-edition-post-pandemic-edition-revealed/[/QUOTE]

The survival edition is a fantastic deal for $20 more.

I kinda want the statue but I who knows what the quality will be like. The Uncharted 3 CE's statue was also made by a quality company but that thing was pretty crappy looking. I also don't know if if buy the "limited" aspect. If the artbook was included, I'd probably be game.

STOP RELEASING GAMES DURING E3 SONY! JFC they are retarded. Granted this game will still do well, but it's an awful time to release flagship titles when everyone is still reeling from E3. Especially this year when new hardware is presumed to be showcased.

[quote name='Jodou']STOP RELEASING GAMES DURING E3 SONY! JFC they are retarded. Granted this game will still do well, but it's an awful time to release flagship titles when everyone is still reeling from E3. Especially this year when new hardware is presumed to be showcased.[/QUOTE]

maybe they did it so when they talk about ps4 people still care about ps3 lol

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']maybe they did it so when they talk about ps4 people still care about ps3 lol[/QUOTE]

I hope they don't pull a Sega...

"Before we go... we have one last announcement. The Last of Us is not going to be released on the PS3. The Last of Us is actually a PS4 launch title!! And PS4s are now on their way to retailers all across the US!!"

How much work can they really put into the game in 3 weeks time? adding move support? making some DLC? more testing for bugs?

if you pre-order God of War: Ascension u get to play the demo but anyone know how or where to pre-order it from to get it or is it all stores

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but there's an extended trailer that has some new footage.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/02/the-last-of-us-tv-spot-extends-into-a-ferocious-story-trailer/

HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/0cqwtg/the-last-of-us-extended-red-band-trailer

This game simply looks stunning but I feel a bit bothered by some of the violence... like the guy's face gets sliced and then his head's chopped off or the guy who takes an axe (hammer?) to the face. The game looks so realistic that it's borderline disturbing.

Actually, I'm more bothered by the fact that ND can make a game look this good on the PS3. I can't wait to see what they do on the PS4.

I've sort of lost interest in this game now. Back when they were being mysterious with the trailers I was invested, but now that they're detailing things it looks like just another zombie game. I'm sure it will still be good, but it's nowhere near the hype it was for me years ago. Coming out during E3 (AGAIN SONY?) might make me skip buying it right away, as I doubt I'll be playing it day one during the conference.

They did the same thing with Uncharted 2 and 3, and Uncharted 2 still managed to blow my mind... Uncharted 3, not so much, but I'm guessing ND knows what it's doing.

I actually stopped watching the trailers. They seem to be giving a LOT away and since I do plan on getting it on release day, I'd like the content to be as fresh as possible. I've liked virtually everything Naughty Dog has ever made(and I LOVED Uncharted 2), so I feel pretty confident that I'll get my money's worth...and then some.

I do find it kind of odd that they haven't talked about their online aspect. They confirmed it's there, but beyond that, haven't said anything.

[quote name='Vinny']They did the same thing with Uncharted 2 and 3, and Uncharted 2 still managed to blow my mind... Uncharted 3, not so much, but I'm guessing ND knows what it's doing.[/QUOTE]

They gave far too much away with Uncharted 3 via trailer... Really, all the great parts you had already seen which left an undercooked story... So I've pretty much been ignoring all coverage of this game.

I would like to see/hear about the MP so if anyone has any details on that don't hesitate to toss up some links.

^This I've been really curious about the multiplayer. I enjoyed Uncharted multi so i can't wait too see what they're up to on The Last of Us.

[quote name='Rig']I'll likely put down the $5 at a local Gamestop for their edition...then gauge actual "limited" status before I pick it up.

I still have a bad vibe for Naughty Dog after the botched Uncharted 3 release (control issues, etc.). Hope this is good![/QUOTE]

On their PS3s in office, they could not replicate the issue. They heard the feedback and actually solicited some people from GAF to come into office for a day and showcase the aiming issues so they could get a better idea. That's pretty cool and shows that ND cares about their quality and fans opinion.

So, the game officially went gold today.

I cannot wait for this game, but it couldn't have come out a worse time. Just weeks before the first part of my CPA exam. I won't get to play this until winter.:whistle2:/

[quote name='Vinny']So, the game officially went gold today.

I cannot wait for this game, but it couldn't have come out a worse time. Just weeks before the first part of my CPA exam. I won't get to play this until winter.:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. The amount of challenge and eeriness this game presents makes me hungry for more.

it also comes out the first major day of e3 errrrr. But i doudt will spend much time watching e3 seeing g4tv no longer covers the stuff. Maybe spike tv will take over and do alot more coverage.

[quote name='Yanksfan']On their PS3s in office, they could not replicate the issue. They heard the feedback and actually solicited some people from GAF to come into office for a day and showcase the aiming issues so they could get a better idea. That's pretty cool and shows that ND cares about their quality and fans opinion.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I definitely commend them for going in and fixing the issue. (Most companies prolly wouldn't have done that.) I just have the hardest time believing this couldn't be seen before the game went out. It's just not possible.

It also certainly wasn't a quick/fast process. I think the patch took, what, nearly a month after the game shipped to be applied? It made me put down the game, and, I unfortunately never picked it back up. Maybe on my next vacation I can finally give it a fair shake.

[quote name='Shuyinion']^This I've been really curious about the multiplayer. I enjoyed Uncharted multi so i can't wait too see what they're up to on The Last of Us.[/QUOTE]

What was wrong w/ U3? I played it at launch and don't recall any problems. Of course, if it was multiplayer related I never touched that anyway so that would explain it.

[quote name='argyle']What was wrong w/ U3? I played it at launch and don't recall any problems. Of course, if it was multiplayer related I never touched that anyway so that would explain it.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember exactly but the aiming was definitely off, in both SP and MP. Or at least, it just felt off compared to U1/U2. I remember dozens of times when I could have sworn I should have gotten a headshot but not get the kill... and there were made times I saw blood spatter from my character's head and at yet, I didn't die.

The Uncharted games never had the bad gun play but in U3, they just weren't right. I think ND initially said they didn't think it was a problem and then they said it was due to the physics, before they ultimately patched it but even then, it never felt right.

All console shooters have wonky controls to me, but U3 was just undergoing franchise fatigue. The set pieces were all there but it felt stagnant. I still prefer the first game as my favorite of the trilogy, simply for the creative level design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klXm_3okyaw
^I'm amazed this game is actually running on PS3.

[quote name='Shuyinion']^This I've been really curious about the multiplayer. I enjoyed Uncharted multi so i can't wait too see what they're up to on The Last of Us.[/QUOTE]
Not sure if this is known but my local best buy have received cover art of the game and on the back it says 8 player multiplayer.

[quote name='htz']Not sure if this is known but my local best buy have received cover art of the game and on the back it says 8 player multiplayer.[/QUOTE]Interesting... UC2 and UC3 both had 10 player MP.

8, well, hopefully it would help limit lag but the real problem is a lack of a player base and/or match making that just doesn't account for region enough. (and lackluster net code to begin with.)

[quote name='argyle']What was wrong w/ U3? I played it at launch and don't recall any problems. Of course, if it was multiplayer related I never touched that anyway so that would explain it.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly the turning speed while aiming was really horrible... but what I remember for sure was that aiming speeds in SP and MP did not match so once I finished the campaign I never went back to it because it was so detrimental to one's MP skills.

[quote name='Vinny']So, the game officially went gold today.

I cannot wait for this game, but it couldn't have come out a worse time. Just weeks before the first part of my CPA exam. I won't get to play this until winter.:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Oh shit Vinny, you're joining the dark side?! :lol: Which part? Good luck!

I'm not sure if this is my kind of game. Really hope they release a public demo before launch. I love survival horror/zombie games but if it's too actiony it may not be my kind of game...

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']
If I remember correctly the turning speed while aiming was really horrible... but what I remember for sure was that aiming speeds in SP and MP did not match so once I finished the campaign I never went back to it because it was so detrimental to one's MP skills.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that early on before I got used to it (since I beat SP first, then moved on to MP). I wondered how they could have screwed that up.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Oh shit Vinny, you're joining the dark side?! :lol: Which part? Good luck!

I'm not sure if this is my kind of game. Really hope they release a public demo before launch. I love survival horror/zombie games but if it's too actiony it may not be my kind of game...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm doing FAR, REG, AUD, and BEC. Sucks that I have to do REG even though I'm going into audit but oh well...:whistle2:/

FAR is the biggest bitch of them all, may as well get it out of the way! :lol: Let me know if you want any study tips, but it's been like four years so I'm sure a lot has changed since then (it's been four years??!?!!).

I should probably watch more videos of this game to get an idea for it... but I think the only way I'll really know if it's for me is if I play it myself. Because I'm left handed and have kinda crappy motor skills in my hands some action games can be a bit of an issue depending on the controls. The main problem I have is a lot of action games these days require you to aim with the right stick and since I'm not right handed it's a fucking disaster, rending some games unplayable for me. :lol: It was a good thing Deadly Premonition's best weapons are melee and don't require aiming. :lol:

[quote name='Vinny']I noticed that early on before I got used to it (since I beat SP first, then moved on to MP). I wondered how they could have screwed that up. [/QUOTE]I don't know its Naughty Dog*...

* That's the answer that's traded/batted around all my Uncharted buddies for all the issues with the MP...

Anyhow, I honestly suspect that a different team (within the team) made the MP and notes just didn't get shared between the two teams on something so "small"...

Anyhow, speaking of Uncharted buddies one of my mentioned in game today that ND/Sony had a live chat regarding The Last of Us yesterday... but they ignored over half the questions that where asked as they dealt specifically with MP.

Hopefully, that's just a sign of them not wanting to talk about it yet (even with the game out in less than a month) and not a sign of how bad things might just be...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I should probably watch more videos of this game to get an idea for it... but I think the only way I'll really know if it's for me is if I play it myself. Because I'm left handed and have kinda crappy motor skills in my hands some action games can be a bit of an issue depending on the controls. [/QUOTE]

I can check UC3 next time I fire it up but I'm pretty sure that UC3 has a lefty option.... If it does I would be shocked if TLoU didn't.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']

I can check UC3 next time I fire it up but I'm pretty sure that UC3 has a lefty option.... If it does I would be shocked if TLoU didn't.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, that's very promising! :D

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Sweet, that's very promising! :D[/QUOTE]

Shoot! Sorry for not confirming... UC3 does indeed let you swap sticks, you can also swap it so you aim on the right and fire with the left. (You can also swap it so you run with the L3 instead of R3.)

The only thing you cannot swap are R1/L1 for R2/L2 function... (To make it more 360 controller-ish.)

Dammit... I told myself I wouldn't but I watched the demo play-through. If the combat actually plays out that naturally, ND has a real hit on their hands.

I wish this game wasn't delayed so I could have beaten by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw with the PS blog update that The Last of Us will have a $19.99 Season Pass. I assume that is MP stuff...sigh.

Edit: Nope...there is Single player DLC also.

Day 1 Bonuses
Increased Crafting Speed
Increased Healing Speed
9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
Grounded – exclusive 90min “Making of The Last of Us” documentary

These Day 1 bonuses will help you get a head start and an edge in Joel and Ellie’s struggle to survive through the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The documentary, Grounded, is an in-depth look at the making of The Last of Us throughout its development by Area 5.

For the first time ever we’ll be offering single player DLC. The journey and cast of characters in The Last of Us lends itself to thorough narrative exploration and we’ve got more of the story to tell. The two other DLC packs will feature multiplayer content in the form of additional multiplayer maps and other expansions. You’ll be hearing about our multiplayer over the next couple of days. It’s an experience that continues the themes, tone and tension from the single player campaign and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']These Day 1 bonuses will help you get a head start and an edge in Joel and Ellie’s struggle to survive through the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The documentary, Grounded, is an in-depth look at the making of The Last of Us throughout its development by Area 5.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to be that guy... but don't those day one bonuses sort of go against the struggle to survive that they are trying to project?

[quote name='cancerman1120']You’ll be hearing about our multiplayer over the next couple of days. It’s an experience that continues the themes, tone and tension from the single player campaign and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.[/QUOTE]

You know part of me at this point is thinking... Why even bother to start talking about the MP now... but I am curious.

Guessing sprinting around maps, blind firing like a mad man/woman is going to be a thing of the pass... (Lower health)

bread's done
Back