Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8736 replies to this topic

#1051 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Can you go online and play with a soft modded wii?

Yes, check out gbatemp.net they have really good guides on how to do it. Best Wii to soft mod is the old version that plays GC games though. Last time I checked the newer ones were not as easy to mod.
Posted Image

#1052 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

get the wii, do a soft mod and have some real fun, it is worth it then for under a hundred bucks with a decent sized external hard drive. just pick up a copy on lego indy and you will be all set :)

Smash Bros and Twilight Princess work great, too.

#1053 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

Yes, check out gbatemp.net they have really good guides on how to do it. Best Wii to soft mod is the old version that plays GC games though. Last time I checked the newer ones were not as easy to mod.

Also remember that the newer DVD drives can not read a burnt disc so that is another advantage the old ones have.

#1054 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

Are the Wii's that Amazon is selling the older models?

Should I go for an acceptable one?

#1055 Puppet Master

Puppet Master

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

Would you guys recommend these Wii's considering how they are priced?

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

I'd love to try out the Wii Call of Duties on there, if the community is still going.

and ofcourse, the Smash Bros that I missed and all the other Mario games.

Can this look good on an HDTV while using Netflix?

I dont plan on getting a Wii U, and I think these are the Wiis that come with Gamecube playback, correct?

Yay or Nay?

Netflix was so so it only covered part of the screen on my 32 inch LCD where as the PS3 for example covered the whole thing. Other than that it was alright I guess.

Zoombucks - http://www.zoombucks...f=Puppet-Master
InstaGC - http://www.instagc.com/59976 - Like this one since you can get 2% back from most Amazon purchases

#1056 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Smash Bros and Twilight Princess work great, too.

FYI, It can be done without a game know, google "letterbomb"

#1057 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympics :wii: - 34.24 (very good)

#1058 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

I'd recommend checking Craigslist for a used wii, I just got one today with 3 extra controllers, two 007 games, wii sports and another wii game with pool and ping pong. All for $70.

#1059 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

Sadly, the people in my area still think Wii's are worth over $150 used.

#1060 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

FYI, It can be done without a game know, google "letterbomb"

Thanks, I ordered one. Can't wait for it to come in the mail.

#1061 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

Here's an okay deal if you don't mind your LE not being mint.
:psp: Fate/Extra LE 25.99

It's listed as "Good" condition, but the description notes two faults with it. Definitely not as banged up as the first wave Amazon shipped out to the folks that preordered though.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#1062 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:06 AM

I'd recommend checking Craigslist for a used wii, I just got one today with 3 extra controllers, two 007 games, wii sports and another wii game with pool and ping pong. All for $70.

Nice. There's a guy by me selling the Wii with standard accessories and the Skylanders starter bundle (new), as well as Whirlwind, for $100 OBO. Pretty good deal, I think.
Posted Image

#1063 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

get the wii, do a soft mod and have some real fun, it is worth it then for under a hundred bucks with a decent sized external hard drive. just pick up a copy on lego indy and you will be all set :)

As long as you are only playing games you actually purchased legit copies of. Yes, I am that guy.

#1064 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

As long as you are only playing games you actually purchased legit copies of. Yes, I am that guy.

#devils advocate

What's the difference between me playing a used copy of a game and an illegitimate copy of said game?

If your goal is the developer seeing revenue, they wont on either side.

#1065 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

:ps3: 160GB PS3 - Like New - $187.50

:360: Halo Reach - Like New - $16.99

:ps3: Dragon Age Origins - Like New - $7.33

#1066 virus202

virus202

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

#devils advocate

What's the difference between me playing a used copy of a game and an illegitimate copy of said game?

buyin a used game is perfectly legal, pirating is not

#1067 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

buyin a used game is perfectly legal, pirating is not

While this isnt the place to discuss this - if you have a copy of a game, you are allowed to have a backup copy in another medium, meaning you can have a download (unless you somehow violated DMCA or some other law). So its a way to have an unopened copy of a game on your shelf if thats your thing and to play it. (What PrinnyJ said and not what DudeImGodly saying).

#1068 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

#devils advocate

#For argument's sake

John Doe might buy a new game for $60, knowing he can sell it used in a week for $50 (after he beats it). Developer gets $60.

If John Doe believes that there is no market for used games because everyone who might buy used will instead get a bootleg. He waits until the prices for the new game is $20. Developer gets $20.

(I'm assuming the developer gets everything, but obviously that's not quite correct - publishers and retailers get their pieces of the pie)

To go a little further off-topic, this is why it is so short sighted to complain about used games sales. Here's my standard game purchase history if I really want a new game: Preorder (Developer/Publisher/Retailer get $40-60); Beat it as quickly as possible, then sell it used; Buy it again later (new or used, depending on prices and perks) to keep in my collection.

If I can't sell used anymore, I'll definitely take that into account and never preorder or buy at more than $20/ game again.

#1069 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Bought a $140 very good 360 4gb earlier this week that said 'may be repackaged'. It did not have original box, but everything was included, packed very well, and in perfect condition. I still plan to try and register, just to see what happens.

For anyone interested, I was able to register w/ Microsoft & my console is still under warranty until November. Nice!
Posted Image

#1070 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

:ps3: 160GB PS3 - Like New - $187.50

:360: Halo Reach - Like New - $16.99

:ps3: Dragon Age Origins - Like New - $7.33

Decided to bite on the PS3, I havent seen one on sale for quite a while now.

#1071 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

I went for the Like New PS3.

was that a good price for it?

#1072 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

I went for the Like New PS3.

was that a good price for it?

It's decent, but not the absolute best. Best PS3 deal yet was the black friday deals for $199, but at only $250 new it's more up to you.

#1073 adamgould

adamgould

Nothing Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Decided to bite on the PS3, I havent seen one on sale for quite a while now.

Same for me. Worth it to me.

#1074 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Is disney land out of print?

#1075 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Kinect Disneyland Adventures(Like New)- Only $89.30 + $3.99 Shipping

Sigh.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#1076 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Why pay $35 for a new copy when for just $55 more you can get a nice, wholesome used one where you don't have to deal with that godforsaken task of taking off the shrinkwrap. :p

#1077 Calipup

Calipup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

I don't understand how people list stuff like this? I mean you can go to like any Walmart or Gamestop and buy this brand new for $49.99. Do people really buy it at that price?

I don't think anyone with an IQ over 60 would buy that.

I think Amazon has weird prices based on Supply and Demand.

#1078 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

I don't think anyone with an IQ over 60 would buy that.

I think Amazon has weird prices based on Supply and Demand.

Wait, cdquest is Amazon?

#1079 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

#For argument's sake

John Doe might buy a new game for $60, knowing he can sell it used in a week for $50 (after he beats it). Developer gets $60.

If John Doe believes that there is no market for used games because everyone who might buy used will instead get a bootleg. He waits until the prices for the new game is $20. Developer gets $20.

(I'm assuming the developer gets everything, but obviously that's not quite correct - publishers and retailers get their pieces of the pie)

To go a little further off-topic, this is why it is so short sighted to complain about used games sales. Here's my standard game purchase history if I really want a new game: Preorder (Developer/Publisher/Retailer get $40-60); Beat it as quickly as possible, then sell it used; Buy it again later (new or used, depending on prices and perks) to keep in my collection.

If I can't sell used anymore, I'll definitely take that into account and never preorder or buy at more than $20/ game again.

True, in a sense. You have to remember that when a used game is bought the dev does not see a penny. So after Joe buys his game for $60, beats it trades it in for $40, Bob buys it denying a purchase to the dev/pub. After Bob beats it he trades it in for $20 and Billy buys it for $30, once again denying the dev/pub of a sale. The same happens again when Billy beats in and trades in in for $12 and Tom buys it for $20. So the dev/pub would have made more more if everyone had just bought it for $20 each as opposed to it floating.

I guess my point is that games are just too expensive, which brings in a used market. If I bought all my games for $20 I would never trade them in. Also, yes I know it takes a lot of money to make games, but why cant we lower the price if we know that double the people will buy it for $20?

#1080 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

I guess my point is that games are just too expensive, which brings in a used market. If I bought all my games for $20 I would never trade them in. Also, yes I know it takes a lot of money to make games, but why cant we lower the price if we know that double the people will buy it for $20?

It's about grabbing as much money upfront as possible. There's never a guarantee that a game will catch on and sell at any price point

The recent Kickstarter/Double Fine project is really interesting in that they got funding from people who say they would buy the game. So in theory, Double Fine doesn't have to worry about sales.