Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

• Please log in to reply
562 replies to this topic

#1 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

Thanks to the folks at NeoGaf (PSP), NeoGaf (PSone), Sony, and players like you, we have a list of digital PSP and minis games playable on the Vita. This list is ongoing and will be edited whenever new discoveries are found. Despite what the time stamp below this post says, this list is updated every week when the PS Store is updated.

EDIT from Tizoc: Do note that the list below is for US PSN games only atm, feel free to post or add a list of what PSP or PSX are and are not compatible with an EU Account Vita as a 4th list.
Updates to this list were added based on information found in these 2 websites:
http://www.snapturtl...ble-on-ps-vita/
www.giantbomb.com

COLOR KEY
Green = These games can be downloaded directly to the Vita via the online store.
Blue = Discovered by users. Download these to the PS3 first then transfer to the Vita
Gray = Untested
Red = Does not work at this time.
Purple = Has been pulled from PSN and thus will likely not work on Vita in the future.

Compatible games on US PSN
PSP GAMES
Spoiler

PSP MINIS
Spoiler
Tycoon[/color][/b][/b]

[color=#000000]PS1 GAMES[/color]

[b]PS1 GAMES[/b]
Spoiler

[b][/spoiler][/b][/spoiler]

Edited by dumlaox, 07 October 2013 - 07:32 PM.

14610.png

#2 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

I'm surprised there's no word on Vice City Stories.

#3 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

awesome!!!!
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#4 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

I'm surprised there's no word on Vice City Stories.

What do you mean? It's playable on the Vita per the list above and my personal experience.

#5 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

How much better do PSP games look and run on the Vita? There's a comparison shot on neogaf, but I can't really tell as it's zoomed in quite a bit.
\\:D/

#6 daveyd

daveyd

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

How much better do PSP games look and run on the Vita? There's a comparison shot on neogaf, but I can't really tell as it's zoomed in quite a bit.

Probably not a very noticeable improvement, but you do get to play them on a slightly larger screen :) According to this, the PSVita can do bilinear filtering for the PSP games, which helps smooth out rough edges, much like anti-aliasing.

#7 iamthekiller

iamthekiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to install Peace Walker through my PS3 onto my vita.

#8 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

Keep in mind three of these titles were on offer for the PSN security snafu:
Pursuit Force
Little Big Planet
Killzone Liberation

#9 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Checked out Super Stardust Portable and Burnout Dominator before work this morning. Both are playable on the Vita.

14610.png

#10 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

Cool. I need to get Killzone on my Vita then.

EDIT: I just attempted to do this for Killzone: Liberation and it totally worked. The game looks like poop on the Vita screen, but it worked! Maybe there are some options to clean it up on here that I didn't see.

Edited by FaintDeftone, 23 February 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#11 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

Awesome. Installing LBP and Killzone Liberation now. Wonder if Pinball Heroes will work? (From the Uncharted 2 GOTY voucher)

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#12 JohnHarker

JohnHarker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Does this mean I have to re-download the games? I got LBP and Super Stardust in the security snafu and never got around to installing it on my PSP. They don't show up when I connect the vita.

#13 freddyfromutah

freddyfromutah

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Cool. I need to get Killzone on my Vita then.

EDIT: I just attempted to do this for Killzone: Liberation and it totally worked. The game looks like poop on the Vita screen, but it worked! Maybe there are some options to clean it up on here that I didn't see.

Hold down the PS button during the game, and then turn on bilinear filtering :)

Sad to see Final Fantasy Tactics not listed on either.

#14 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Alternatively, you can hold down the touch screen for a few seconds to bring up the same menu.

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is listed on the official compat list. Unless you're talking about the PSOne version of the game, it should work.

14610.png

#15 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Does this mean I have to re-download the games? I got LBP and Super Stardust in the security snafu and never got around to installing it on my PSP. They don't show up when I connect the vita.

You'll have to re-download them on the PS3. From there, you'll go to Content Transfer on the Vita then do a transfer of apps from the PS3 to the Vita.

14610.png

#16 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

They run much faster because of the Vita's improved speeds. Games have almost no loading times even games with notorious bad loading times like Burnout Legends, GTA: Vice City Stories, Peace Walker all have loading times of a few seconds. The saving is also much faster now.

Add that to the bigger screen and the ability to use the right stick in games, where Peace Walker (see my thread) benefit tremendously and I've had a rebirth in PSP gaming. I've actually been playing GoW: Ghost of Sparta more then Uncharted: Golden Abyss and finally downloaded FF IV and The 3rd Birthday.

Probably not a very noticeable improvement, but you do get to play them on a slightly larger screen :) According to this, the PSVita can do bilinear filtering for the PSP games, which helps smooth out rough edges, much like anti-aliasing.

Bilinear Filtering does smooth out the jaggies in games though. I've been playing GoW: Ghost of Sparta and I don't like the blur it adds. Then again on Burnout Legends I do like it. I tend to try it in each game and see what effect it adds, but most cases I just turn it off.

I think the biggest improvement is the bigger screen.

If they're not available on the PSN Vita store, then you can re-download them on the PS3 and install them that way.

I downloaded most of my PSP games and tried to install them that way last week when I was trying to see which ones were playable or not.

Hold down the PS button during the game, and then turn on bilinear filtering :)

Sad to see Final Fantasy Tactics not listed on either.

You actually hold down on the touchscreen for a few seconds.

Final Fantasy Tactics is playable. You can grab it directly from the Vita PSN store.

Awesome. Installing LBP and Killzone Liberation now. Wonder if Pinball Heroes will work? (From the Uncharted 2 GOTY voucher)

Yes. All 4 Pinball Heroes tables work.

#17 freddyfromutah

freddyfromutah

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Thanks! I looked on my downloaded list and didn't see it... maybe it was one of the PSP games I purchased on UMD...

#18 JohnHarker

JohnHarker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

OK, I'll go ahead and re-download them and then transfer the games over. Thanks guys!

#19 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

Count Activision Hits Remixed as another working PSP game on the Vita.

14610.png

#20 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

Thanks OP...very helpful list. While I had originally expected ALL of the PSN games that worked on my PSP to work on my Vita and was disappointed at how few were on the official list, it's nice to see some that aren't on the list but also work.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#21 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Man I'm regretting not grabbing free games when I could during the Welcome Back program.

#22 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Quick question:

Is the only way to get PSP digital games on the PS Vita (that were already purchased) is hooking the Vita up to the PS3 and transferring? Is there no solution like Media Go?

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#23 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Quick question:

Is the only way to get PSP digital games on the PS Vita (that were already purchased) is hooking the Vita up to the PS3 and transferring? Is there no solution like Media Go?

Sadly, this is correct. I tried hooking up the Vita with Media Go on and the Content Manager activated and that didn't seem to do anything. If you want those digital games not on the compat list on your Vita, it has to be through the PS3.

14610.png

#24 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Aside from wanting people to spend their money on actual Vita titles, it'd be awfully sneaky of Sony to just say these games weren't compatible.
So, it would be helpful to keep information about any glitches crashes that you find while playing these.

#25 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Man I'm regretting not grabbing free games when I could during the Welcome Back program.

I think you still can get it since I barely picked up my 2nd game last week. All you have to do is go to account management>transaction management>service list> SCEA Promotion. Also just to let you knowmodnation racers isn't compatible.

#26 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Also just to let you knowmodnation racers isn't compatible.

Damn

I re-downloaded LBP and Modnation to my PS3 last night. LBP was first and it transferred over just fine. I haven't had a chance to check on Modnation. Bummed to see it won't work. Of the two games, Modnation was the one I wanted. I don't care for the LBP games.

I got these games during the Welcome Back thing. I sold my PSP like 2 years ago and never got to play the games.

#27 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Add Fate/Unlimited Codes to the list of unlisted games playable on the Vita. As for any errors, I'll be the first to admit that I haven't exactly gone through some of those games I reported with a fine tooth comb. Mostly I play a level or two then quit. If I see errors, though, I'll report it and I'd encourage everyone else to do so as well.

This got me to thinking. Would it be best if we keep a running updated list of PSP games playable on the Vita? I have a feeling that we'll be finding more stuff down the road before Sony updates their official list and it would be nice if we got things down in just one spot for anyone else that's curious.

14610.png

#28 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

This got me to thinking. Would it be best if we keep a running updated list of PSP games playable on the Vita? I have a feeling that we'll be finding more stuff down the road before Sony updates their official list and it would be nice if we got things down in just one spot for anyone else that's curious.

LOL, isn't that what you did with this post? Either edit the OP frequently, or make it a Wiki.

I think this is very valuable info, now I'm gonna try some games I would have not otherwise b/c Sony didn't have them listed, and it makes the Sonic Rivals bundle for $9.74 right now more tempting..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#29 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

LOL, isn't that what you did with this post? Either edit the OP frequently, or make it a Wiki.

I think this is very valuable info, now I'm gonna try some games I would have not otherwise b/c Sony didn't have them listed, and it makes the Sonic Rivals bundle for $9.74 right now more tempting..

In a way, yes. However, I'd like to make it more complete so those asking if game X will work won't have to look at two different sources for the info. I'll start working on it this weekend and hopefully get the first post transformed soon.

14610.png

#30 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I think you still can get it since I barely picked up my 2nd game last week. All you have to do is go to account management>transaction management>service list> SCEA Promotion. Also just to let you knowmodnation racers isn't compatible.

I checked that but there is no listing for scea promotion. Bummer.