Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

[quote name='flojomojo']There are only 2 control options in Elite Squadron, and neither really feels like it's a good fit for the Vita sticks. The alternate setting lets you steer a starship with the right stick, but that sets the left stick as throttle, which feels weird to me. Try it for yourself and see, but I actually prefer ugly old Battlefront II, because it mapped to the Vita sticks better.

(old review sums up the controller wonkiness in Elite Squadron: http://kotaku.com/5408148/star-wars-battlefront-elite-squadron-review-deja-vu-in-space)

WHAT WE REALLY NEED is an all new Star Wars game for the Vita. I would be quite happy with yet another Battlefront game if it was well done.[/QUOTE]

How does one remap the facebuttons to the sticks? I was trying for a while to no avail.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Touch the touchscreen for a few seconds to bring up the menu for PSP emulation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll try that out.

I like how all my minis are the ones which aren't working. Good thing I kept my PSP, I guess.

It would be nice to play even Fatal Inertia on the Vita, dunno why that couldn't make Remote Play at least.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Has anyone tested Angry Birds yet? Saw it on sale now for a little under $2 and am wondering if it'll be playable on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

No workie for me - or at least it would not transfer over. :( Good thing for me though...that keeps a 5 year old off the Vita.

First of all great site and Thread. Wanted to share a few games I know should be blue, I personally have them on my Vita. Both Untold Legends games and G.I Joe. I love hack and slash games and even though G.I Joe is not that great, I apparently bought it when I didn't know better. Anyway these work, I will post more if I figure out other games that should be listed. Also as far as i know Valhalla Knights 2 does not work.

Is it crazy to ask if people could put a rating next to some of the games like 4/5 or put a :hot: or :cold: if the game is good or bad? I know we all have different opinions but it would be nice knowing which minis/psp games are good, because I have played a lot of minis that have been duds.

FYI:
Changed Brothers in Arms D-day to blue.
Changed Coded Arms (Great game, works well with second stick) to blue

[quote name='reicaden']If anyone checks Grandia, I would be interersted in knowing :) considering buying, but all i own is a vita...[/QUOTE]
There's no Grandia game on the PSP.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, that means it's playable on PS3 and PSP. PS1 Classics aren't playable on the Vita yet.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, i gotcha, its still a PS1 title. It's a permanent price drop, so I guess I'll leave it alone until the vita gains the compatibility then.

[quote name='reicaden']Ahh, i gotcha, its still a PS1 title. It's a permanent price drop, so I guess I'll leave it alone until the vita gains the compatibility then.[/QUOTE]

I think PS1 classics are available via remote play on the Vita, but I can't swear to it. I also can't test it because my PS3 doesn't like my router for remote play and I haven't been bothered to troubleshoot it yet. If you're seriously jonesing for it, it might be worth a shot.

Why is MotorStorm red? As far as I know, the game worked on Vita. Now its gone from the store so no biggie.

Now for you Vita owners, is it possible to transfer a PSP game off my pspgo to my PC via MediaGo, then grab the file/folder of the backup and place it somewhere in the Vita's Content Manager directory so I can transfer it to the Vita? The reason I ask is BC I bought and transferred Motor storm to my pspgo but deleted it off my ps3. So I'd like to somehow move it to my soon to arrive Vita. Is this impossible? Than and great job OP.

According to the NeoGAF thread, someone found MotorStorm: Arctic Edge to not be working on the Vita. No one told us different so the listing remained Red in our list.

As for transferring stuff via PC, I'm not sure whether that would work or not as I've deleted the Media Go program from my PC long ago. However, if the game you want was downloaded to the same account used for your PS3, you could always go to the download history on the PS3 and download it from there even if the store no longer has it listed. I know this to be the case since I bought Phantasy Star Portable 2 on PSN when it went on sale, deleted it, and re-downloaded it again when I somehow couldn't find it listed on the store.

Well you see the reason I was asking is BC Motorstorm was pulled 100% from PSN. Why? BC with it you could run a homebrew exploit with it on your Vita.

I actually had it on my ps3 and deleted it and a few days later found out about this. Sony thus pulled it and even if you bought it before,like me, its gone from there too. But I actually have it in my PSPgo! So I wascurious if there was a way to get it into a Vita.

This homebrew exploit only ran PSP homebrew but Sony freaked out And removed it completely. Hope it comes back but the game did run on the Vita. That's how wololo found the hack.

Maybe if you copy it back to the PS3 from your go? I don't know if that'll work, considering how sony changed the way these things are transferred/backed up, but it might be worth a shot. Otherwise, good luck.

Just out of curiosity, and to confirm what I already assume to be true, but has there been a single game that was truly incompatible at launch that has been added to the Vita store in the last month? I don't think there has. I know Sony's trying to get as many new sales as they can for the Vita launch titles, and they're welcome to it, but I truly expected to see some progress, or at least an explanation for the delay. Ideally, I'd like for them to release some kind of timeline for when we should expect more games to be made compatible as well as when PSOne games will be made available on the Vita. If they're waiting until after the launch window, I'm okay with that, but a heads-up would be nice.

Right now, I'm just waiting for Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror to work in the US.

I don't understand why something would work in EU but not here. Or vice versa.

[quote name='jeremybristol1959']Maybe if you copy it back to the PS3 from your go? I don't know if that'll work, considering how sony changed the way these things are transferred/backed up, but it might be worth a shot. Otherwise, good luck.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's impossible but I was curious if it could be done on a PC but then how would you transfer the license? Oh well. But I think Sony should say or refund us who now can never get this game who bought it off the store. If I didn't have it on my go, I'd be out $10 or whatever it cost. Sony can't just remove the game and not refund/say something about it. Digital distribution on these closed systems is a ticking bomb.

Added Rainbow Six Vegas as "Blue/Working".

Note that all of the Tom Clancy PSP games are on sale on PSN as part of the Spring Fever sale. Of particular note is that GRAW2 and R6 Vegas both have the face button camera control scheme that maps so well to the PSV's second stick.

I just grabbed all of the TC titles except Endwar on the deal. Well worth the prices, especially if you are a plus member.

Now if they'll just do GoW and GTA series, I'll be set for downloadables on the Vita! :)

[quote name='zenji']Added Rainbow Six Vegas as "Blue/Working".

Note that all of the Tom Clancy PSP games are on sale on PSN as part of the Spring Fever sale. Of particular note is that GRAW2 and R6 Vegas both have the face button camera control scheme that maps so well to the PSV's second stick.

I just grabbed all of the TC titles except Endwar on the deal. Well worth the prices, especially if you are a plus member.

Now if they'll just do GoW and GTA series, I'll be set for downloadables on the Vita! :)[/QUOTE]

Are they even decent PSP games?

I liked Rainbow Six Vegas when I played that since the slower pace worked well on the PSP compared to a faster-paced FPS. Endwar is more of an Advance Wars clone than an RTS like its console counterparts.

[quote name='darknight88']Why is MotorStorm red? As far as I know, the game worked on Vita. Now its gone from the store so no biggie.

Now for you Vita owners, is it possible to transfer a PSP game off my pspgo to my PC via MediaGo, then grab the file/folder of the backup and place it somewhere in the Vita's Content Manager directory so I can transfer it to the Vita? The reason I ask is BC I bought and transferred Motor storm to my pspgo but deleted it off my ps3. So I'd like to somehow move it to my soon to arrive Vita. Is this impossible? Than and great job OP.[/QUOTE]

When the Vita released I couldn't get Motorstorm to transfer from the PS3. Maybe that changed though.

In the video showing the exploit they're running a Japanese copy so I'm going out on a limb and saying maybe only the Japanese release worked.

As for your question, I don't know of a way to transfer games from PSP to Vita.

its too bad sony wont allow you to Trade in your UMDS to get the transfer to the VITA

i got around 100 umds i love to transfer but REFUSE to pay the download price of 20+

now if the downloads were say 5 bucks wouldnt be bad ...

some dude at Gamestop said the VITA will NEVER PLAY Ps1 games without the ps3 helping

if that is true that will suck

i have not taken my VITA ONLINE YET

is there any CHEAP RPG games to download for it

[quote name='slidecage']its too bad sony wont allow you to Trade in your UMDS to get the transfer to the VITA

i got around 100 umds i love to transfer but REFUSE to pay the download price of 20+

now if the downloads were say 5 bucks wouldnt be bad ...

some dude at Gamestop said the VITA will NEVER PLAY Ps1 games without the ps3 helping

if that is true that will suck

i have not taken my VITA ONLINE YET

is there any CHEAP RPG games to download for it[/QUOTE]

You just missed Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions for $5 :(

[quote name='darknight88']Are they even decent PSP games?[/QUOTE]

Matter of opinion, of course. GRAW2 and R6V are quite solid, IMHO, and better games on the Vita than the PSP with the use of the second stick.

Splinter Cell Essentials is good enough that if you are a fan of the stealth/espionage genre it's worth it (if you don't have Logan's Shadow get it first). It can be a little glitchy graphically (not a Vita thing, PSP version was like that).

Haven't checked out Predator that heavily... was disappointed it didn't use the face button scheme like GRAW and R6V, though.

If I were to pick one, I'd pick R6V as my fave. IIRC, R6V and GRAW are both like $5 with the plus discount which is less than a coffee at Starbucks around these parts.

How do you guys get Grand theft auto onto the PS Vita?

It isn't on the PS Vita store or PSN site store to download.

do you need a ps3 to do this?

i dont have one :(

It seems like you do need a PS3.

I have a question I hope some can help with.

I downloaded Daxter so I could finish it on the Vita. I transfered the sVe files through the PS3, but when I load the game, it says no saves are found.

I don't think it's a licensing issue, since I had no problem moving the game from the PSP1000 to the PSP3000.

This is the only game I've had an issue with. Any ideas?

Hot Shots Golf : Open Tee 2 work through PS3 transfer

These still dont work:
Hot Shot Tennis: Get a Grip
Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe
Jak and Daxter : The Lost Frontier
NBA 10 : The Insdie
I Test every tuesday night after PSN updates so if those 4 change to working ill update on here.

[quote name='zenji']Matter of opinion, of course. GRAW2 and R6V are quite solid, IMHO, and better games on the Vita than the PSP with the use of the second stick.

Splinter Cell Essentials is good enough that if you are a fan of the stealth/espionage genre it's worth it (if you don't have Logan's Shadow get it first). It can be a little glitchy graphically (not a Vita thing, PSP version was like that).

Haven't checked out Predator that heavily... was disappointed it didn't use the face button scheme like GRAW and R6V, though.

If I were to pick one, I'd pick R6V as my fave. IIRC, R6V and GRAW are both like $5 with the plus discount which is less than a coffee at Starbucks around these parts.[/QUOTE]

Than for this. Gonna skip Predator. Really wanted to buy that one for Vita to use dual sticks.

Editing Dead Head Fred to be Blue. I definitely copied this from my PS3. Also changing DJ Max Fever and Undead Knights to Red.

Edit - Reverted DJ Max Fever back to gray.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dranakin']Thanks for this list. Very helpful as I try to load up my new Vita. Should be a sticky...[/QUOTE]

I agree a very helpful thead. Please Sticky!

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']The Warriors is available on the PSN Network??![/QUOTE]
That is a great game. Especially if you are familiar with the movie on which it is based. I may have to buy that one as a downloadable. I have it on UMD already.

bread's done
Back