Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

Updating:

Syphon Filter: Combat Ops NOT WORKING.

Neopets - PetPet Adventures - The Wand of Wishing works (blue method)
Alien Syndrome works (blue method)
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos works (blue method)

Guys, this is kinda off topic, but I'm hoping you guys know the answer to this. I'd really like to get some PSP games and maybe even some Mini's onto my Vita, but have zero interest in paying the prices that Sony is charging for those games.

I know that people sell Steam accounts, what about PSN accounts ? Could I find somebody selling a PSN account and maybe get the rights to put a bunch of PSP games on my Vita? I know that I would have to use two separate memory cards, and dedicate one to the dudes account.

[quote name='Anthony1']Guys, this is kinda off topic, but I'm hoping you guys know the answer to this. I'd really like to get some PSP games and maybe even some Mini's onto my Vita, but have zero interest in paying the prices that Sony is charging for those games.

I know that people sell Steam accounts, what about PSN accounts ? Could I find somebody selling a PSN account and maybe get the rights to put a bunch of PSP games on my Vita? I know that I would have to use two separate memory cards, and dedicate one to the dudes account.[/QUOTE]
It's completely against both Steam and Sony's Terms of Service, which is why they are not allowed to be discussed on CAG. You'd do well to end that discussion here and take it somewhere else.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's completely against both Steam and Sony's Terms of Service, which is why they are not allowed to be discussed on CAG. You'd do well to end that discussion here and take it somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I was browsing in the CAG marketplace forum, and I could have sworn I saw people with threads talking about selling Steam games. My fault.

I'd never buy somebodies Steam account, because I know that Steam will ban your a** for that. I've heard that you have to go thru some crazy process to try to keep Steam from knowing that you're using two different accounts. Steam has something on the back end that checks for stuff like that. I'm amazed that people jump thru all those hoops to save a bit on the games.

As for Sony, I don't think they bother to try to cross reference stuff like that. I know they don't like game sharing, but I'm not talking about game sharing.

The last holiday sale gave people game coupons that could be redeemed to get that game or traded with other users or it could've been use of gifting, which is probably what you saw. They weren't trading/selling accounts.

Either way, the selling of accounts is not allowed on CAG nor is discussion of it.

Does anybody know of any thread on some forums where people are posting pictures of what various games look like running on the Vita ? I've seen Wallpaper threads, where people have made custom wallpapers for the Vita, and I've seen threads with people discussing whether certain PSP games will work on Vita, but haven't seen any threads with tons of pics showing what PSP games look like, when running on the Vita.

As expensive as the games are, I'm hard pressed to buy any of them, without seeing what the game would look like on the Vita. It's too bad the PSN store on Vita, doesn't give you a sample screenshot, to give you a better idea of how the game might look.

Just got Numblast transferred through PS3. Works. Played some Endless mode.

Updated the post with Numblast in Blue Method.

So I'm safe to assume LittleBigPlanet PSP works fine on Vita? I don't have my Vita yet (en route via Amazon) or I'd test it myself.

[quote name='HydroX']So I'm safe to assume LittleBigPlanet PSP works fine on Vita? I don't have my Vita yet (en route via Amazon) or I'd test it myself.[/QUOTE]
It's blue in the OP.

So I messaged Square Enix on Facebook the other day curious to see if KH would ever come onto PSN and here was their answer: "Unfortunately there are currently no plans to make KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep available for PSN or Digital Download." :\

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Ys I & II Chronicles worked for me, though it didn't show up in the PS Store with the red bag on its page. I had to go through my download history to get it.
[/QUOTE]

how do we know if a blue title is a game you must use a PS3 to transfer OR we can get it through our download history?

i really want chinatown wars but no PS3. I know it works and i was thinking maybe i could buy it on mediago then get it through download history, but no one really catalogs this.

[quote name='Chesskid1']how do we know if a blue title is a game you must use a PS3 to transfer OR we can get it through our download history?

i really want chinatown wars but no PS3. I know it works and i was thinking maybe i could buy it on mediago then get it through download history, but no one really catalogs this.[/QUOTE]
The download list on Vita only lets you download the green games on the list. The rest require a PS3 at the moment.

Does anyone know for sure if Lego Indiana Jones doesn't work on the Vita? I realize it's in grey, but didn't know if it had actually been tested.

According to Joystiq, both Hot Shots Tennis and Motorstorm Arctic Rift are back again on PSN now that they've been fixed to patch up the Vita exploit. Anyone have these games to test once more?

[quote name='dumlaox']According to Joystiq, both Hot Shots Tennis and Motorstorm Arctic Rift are back again on PSN now that they've been fixed to patch up the Vita exploit. Anyone have these games to test once more?[/QUOTE]

Just checked for Motorstorm through both my Vita and PSP, doesn't show up on PSN. Hot Shots Golf 1 & 2 are available, but I don't own them.

EDIT: Hot Shots Tennis doesn't show up on PSN either. Hot Shots Golf wasn't a pulled title.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What Joystiq, Shacknews, and The Escapist forgot to mention is that it's back up for EU people only.[/QUOTE]

No word on when they'll be back up for N.A.? I'd really like to have Motorstorm: Arctic Edge on the Vita.

Im doubting anyone knows if Iron Man 1 or 2 works for vita. I know they are craptacular games, but just curious :)

I wish Marvel Ultimate Alliance games were digital.

Updated the list to report that Crash Tag Team Racing, Gurumin and Split/Second are compatible through the PS3 Transfer method (US Versions).

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Super Money Ball Adventures can be transferred via PS3 nor can it be downloaded directly.[/QUOTE]

But doesn't it not have had that ability to not to already?

[quote name='Ross_ON_Psn']So I messaged Square Enix on Facebook the other day curious to see if KH would ever come onto PSN and here was their answer: "Unfortunately there are currently no plans to make KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep available for PSN or Digital Download." :\[/QUOTE]

Ain't that some gaaaaay shit, fuck em

[quote name='kman316']Updated the list to report that Crash Tag Team Racing, Gurumin and Split/Second are compatible through the PS3 Transfer method (US Versions).[/QUOTE]

Hooray, Gurumin!

FYI: Even though they're not reflected on the "official" Vita-compatible list by Sony, both Sonic Rivals 1 & 2 can be purchased from the N.A. PS Store when connecting directly from the Vita itself. Although I haven't purchased them yet, I wouldn't think they'd be shown in the store if they weren't actually compatible. If I purchase them I'll post an update.

Motorstorm: Arctic Edge (PSP) is now available for download in the Playstation Store. I purchased it and downloaded to my PSP and PS3. However, as of right now, it is not transferrable to the Vita by direct download or transfer from PS3.

[quote name='kman316']Updated the list to report that Crash Tag Team Racing, Gurumin and Split/Second are compatible through the PS3 Transfer method (US Versions).[/QUOTE]

Bad ass!

Refresh me, does Gurumin's camera control revolve around the d-pad? If I can map that to the second d-pad, I'll buy instantly!

[quote name='TLR']Bad ass!

Refresh me, does Gurumin's camera control revolve around the d-pad? If I can map that to the second d-pad, I'll buy instantly![/QUOTE]

L + R Buttons for the camera.

Hey all, just updated the list to reflect that both Sonic Rivals and Sonic Rivals 2 PSP games can be purchased and downloaded directly via the PS Vita on the N.A. Playstation Network Store for $9.99 each.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Im doubting anyone knows if Iron Man 1 or 2 works for vita. I know they are craptacular games, but just curious :)

I wish Marvel Ultimate Alliance games were digital.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, I'd love to see Marvel Ultimate Alliance and the Iron Man games available! Even though the latter may suck. :lol: Oh, and the Lego Indiana Jones games too.

Hey all (again ;)), I've got some great news (at least in the N.A. region, dunno about others) for anyone interested in an easy work-around if you're looking to download the Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow DLC full game but don't already own it. :)

I'd really wanted SF:LS but was bummed to find out it was no longer available on PSN Store, even though it's listed on Sony's Official Vita-compatible PSP games and that only those who'd previously purchased it were able to download it to their Vita. But fortunately I found that I was able to purchase both Killzone: Liberation and Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow as a dual-pack for sale on the Gamestop.com website and received the DLC code for the games. Going through the PSP DLC list on Gamestop.com I spied the "PSP Game Dual Pack with Killzone Liberation and Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow DLC" for $14.99 and thought I'd give it a shot. Guess what... once I redeemed the DLC code on my PSN account I was now able to download the Syphon Filter game I thought I'd never be able to get! :applause:

With that success I then also tried purchasing the Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters DLC but every time I put it in my online cart and try to proceed through checkout, it would consistently give me a frustrating message "Currently Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart." :cry: Regardless, I am happy about getting Logan's Shadow and for anyone who wants to try it themselves here's the product's link:

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/psp-game-dual-pack-with-killzone-liberation-and-syphon-filter-logans-shadow-dlc/91957

I also just did a trial-run before posting this by adding it to my cart to make sure I didn't get the same error message as I did with R&C:SM.

For those that were interested, Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip ($19.99) and MotorStorm: Arctic Edge ($9.99) for the PSP are back on the PS Store. The MotorStorm AE/Twisted Metal Head On Bundle is also back in the store. I don't know if those are red on the list because of the removal, so they may need to be rechecked.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The bundle is on the PS3 and PSP's stores.[/QUOTE]

Hey Tanuki thanks for the heads-up, I didn't even realize there was a "PSP Bundles" section of the PS Store! #-o Methinks I should do abit more snooping around and fact-checking before I try and post a supposed new find...haha.. ;)

I checked out NeoGAFs forum after ignoring it for some time. Their list seems to have a few new games listed as working. The list is as follows:

PSP
GTI Club
Motorstorm Arctic Edge
Patapon 3

minis
Aero Racer
Age of Zombies
Alien Zombie Death
Babel: The King of the Blocks
Bashi Blocks
Blast Off
Break Quest
Bubble Trubble
Doodle Fit
Dynogems
Echoes
I Must Run
Kahoots
Let's Golf
Me Monstar
A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks
Vempire

I changed the colors for Vempire and Space Shooter already before I realized that the list was huge and that some people here have tested the games before. For those people, I'm wondering if any of those games are working now. If so, I'll change the master list accordingly.

[quote name='dumlaox']I checked out NeoGAFs forum after ignoring it for some time. Their list seems to have a few new games listed as working. The list is as follows:

PSP
GTI Club
Motorstorm Arctic Edge
Patapon 3[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see if Motorstorm Arctic Edge works, I'll buy it immediately if so. Can anyone here please verify it works on their N.A. Vita?

I can confirm that these games still do not transfer over:

Age of Zombies
Alien Zombie Death
Bashi Blocks
Blast Off
Break Quest
Doodle Fit
Echoes
I Must Run

Do you have a link to this list?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can confirm that these games still do not transfer over:

Age of Zombies
Alien Zombie Death
Bashi Blocks
Blast Off
Break Quest
Doodle Fit
Echoes
I Must Run

Do you have a link to this list?[/QUOTE]

I got that from the NeoGAF forums link located on the first page of this post. They closed that thread down and put up a new link to a more updated forum set but unfortunately the link is down at the moment. Once it goes back up I'll throw the new forum link here.

EDIT: And here's the link http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36044872

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kstegall']I'd love to see if Motorstorm Arctic Edge works, I'll buy it immediately if so. Can anyone here please verify it works on their N.A. Vita?[/QUOTE]

I bought Motorstorm: AE when it finally popped up on the N.A. PSN store recently. I can confirm that it is still not compatible with the Vita, via direct download or connected to a PS3. Just tested it again today, and my Vita is updated to the latest firmware (1.67).

I think that NeoGAF compatibility list has other errors in it as well; they don't metion Burnout Dominator at all, and it is fully compatible.

Does anyone happen to know if either Crash of the Titans and/or Crash: Mind Over Mutant PSP games (that can be purchased for $10/ea on the N.A. PSN Store) will work on the PS Vita? Any confirmation would be much appreciated, thanks!

[quote name='InfinityCartier']I just want Midway Arcade Treasures damn it![/QUOTE]

I'm sure you already have Capcom Classics Remixed and Reloaded for your PSP/Vita? Many fantastic games in those collections, and they look and play great on the Vita. Also at only 9.99 per collection, they're a great deal! Also if you're an SNK fan, Metal Slug Anthology and Samurai Shodown Anthology are both excellent.

bread's done
Back