Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

I grabbed ghostbusters for 4.99. It works great, especially, when mapping the camera to the right stick.

How do I copy minis over from the ps3 to the vita. The games aren't turning up over content manager... Thanks

I've only been able to get blaz blue and mega man maverick hunter x to work...I'm going to dl my PSP games to my ps3 overnight and will try to load from there.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Re-DL the minis so they're just bubbles on the PS3's XMB, then use the Vita's content manager and they should show up.[/QUOTE]

Nope, the same things happening for mod nation racers..

Just got Metal Slug Anthology the other night. Only lag I see is the apparent Metal Slug X one where you wait some time to get to character select/demo play/scroll through characters but much less apparent (only .5 to 1 second wait). Other than that it seems flawless so far and I notice no lag in game at all! It's worthy to note that this PSP Anthology collection's Metal Slug 2 doesn't have any slowdowns either. I don't know if the Neo-Geo station version got rid of that or not.

Anyone have Battlefront 2 to try?

Think I might just pick it up for the $10 to test, I want to say I've heard somewhere else that it works. Will check and report back.

I just added a bunch of games, including the Star Wars titles (Battlefront II and Elite Squadron work, Renegade does not). I could not get Ratchet and Clank Size Matters to copy, but this is not the only place that said it worked, so I will try again.

So glad this is out there for people who are not finished with the PSP yet but don't want to waste money buying incompatible games.

[quote name='jedolley']Anyone have Final Fantasy VI to try?[/QUOTE]

That's a PS1 title. No PS1 titles are playable on the Vita yet.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Gravity Crash Portable works on Vita.[/QUOTE]
If you know this for sure (via your own personal testing, not just reading it somewhere else), you should take a moment to edit the wiki and make Gravity Crash Portable blue.

I just went through the Minis list -- I was surprised that there are as many green titles as they are. The only ones I really like and care about (Pac-Man CE, Pix-N Love Rush, and Vanguard -- yes I am old) do not copy or load, which makes me sad.

[quote name='coolz481']How much better do PSP games look and run on the Vita? There's a comparison shot on neogaf, but I can't really tell as it's zoomed in quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Good enough to make me run out and buy a 32GB card for my oldies. I wasn't going to bother but when I saw Tekken 6, Soul Calibur, Burnout Legends, Parappa, the Sega Genesis Collection, Vice City, Little Big Planet, and even ugly old Star Wars Battlefront II all looking SWEET on the big OLED screen without stuttering or screen tearing, I knew I wanted to keep them around.

[quote name='flojomojo']I just added a bunch of games, including the Star Wars titles (Battlefront II and Elite Squadron work, Renegade does not). I could not get Ratchet and Clank Size Matters to copy, but this is not the only place that said it worked, so I will try again.

So glad this is out there for people who are not finished with the PSP yet but don't want to waste money buying incompatible games.[/QUOTE]

Can the controls for Elite Squardon be remapped?

[quote name='11anthony']Can the controls for Elite Squardon be remapped?[/QUOTE]

There are only 2 control options in Elite Squadron, and neither really feels like it's a good fit for the Vita sticks. The alternate setting lets you steer a starship with the right stick, but that sets the left stick as throttle, which feels weird to me. Try it for yourself and see, but I actually prefer ugly old Battlefront II, because it mapped to the Vita sticks better.

(old review sums up the controller wonkiness in Elite Squadron: http://kotaku.com/5408148/star-wars-battlefront-elite-squadron-review-deja-vu-in-space)

WHAT WE REALLY NEED is an all new Star Wars game for the Vita. I would be quite happy with yet another Battlefront game if it was well done.

[quote name='flojomojo']Good enough to make me run out and buy a 32GB card for my oldies. I wasn't going to bother but when I saw Tekken 6, Soul Calibur, Burnout Legends, Parappa, the Sega Genesis Collection, Vice City, Little Big Planet, and even ugly old Star Wars Battlefront II all looking SWEET on the big OLED screen without stuttering or screen tearing, I knew I wanted to keep them around.[/QUOTE]

I agree on that. I'm actually getting back into PSP gaming because of the Vita. So many old games I need to play catchup on and so many more I want them to finally put up on the store.

Changed the status for both Ninjamurai and The Impossble Game. Both minis don't work.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Gravity Crash Portable works on Vita.[/QUOTE]

I just bought it and confirmed, marked it as blue on the list. Thanks for the tip, I liked the PS3 version.

Thanks for the heads up on Battlefront 2, I picked it up last night, face buttons remap to the right analog stick great, I played through 3-4 missions and had a great time. Good stuff.

I'll finally be able to finish G. R. A. W. 2, it works just fine and once I remap the buttons it'll be fun to play.

Also, MGS PO+ doesn't work :(. I'd update the list but I'm on my iPhone and don't want to risk messing it up. Oh, and MGS:Digital graphic novel does work...yes, it's not a game but just FYI.

[quote name='SynGamer']You stole my color-coding! BASTARD! :p[/QUOTE]

I didn't steal it. I just borrowed it for an undefined amount of time :p

@Ed_: Got you covered. Updated the list with your info.

I really want to get into PSP gaming now, but catching up seems to be extremely expensive for a console that is dead. I'm hoping that Sony drops the price of PSP games or we at least see some PS+ weekly cuts for PS Vita customers. I know it's redundant and been said, but still frustrating that I have 12 PSP games in UMD form and can't do anything with them. Seems to be the publishers fault though.

Thanks for this list, great thread :)

Checked two game out today.

Gun: Showdown works
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 does not.

Edited both in the post.

I added a purple category because a YS I & II works for some people and not for others for some weird reason. I figured purple would be a good color for this designation.

Added the new Minis to the list from the Store Update: Ducati Challenge and Trailblazer. Their status on the Vita is unknown.

Two PSP games just went on sale for $9.99 each. MotorStorm: Arctic Edge is known not to work but Patapon's status is still unknown on the Vita.

@majorscud: Thanks for the color addition. I changed it to a lighter shade or purple since the default one was a bit hard for me to see. If anyone wants it changed to a different color instead, let me know.

[quote name='jza1218']Changed Age of Zombies to red, since it won't copy over or show up in the PS Store.[/QUOTE]

Question: are you a Plus member? This was one of the games that was offered for free, ad there's a known problem with transferring them over. Supposedly Sony is working on a fix for that. Might be the same issue as Space Shooter For 2 Bucks, which is on the official list but anyone who cares about it can't move it over.

[quote name='dumlaox']Two PSP games just went on sale for $9.99 each. MotorStorm: Arctic Edge is known not to work but Patapon's status is still unknown on the Vita. [/QUOTE]

I purchased the PSP 2-Pack of Patapon/Locoroco and downloaded on my PS3 last night to replace my UMD versions. Patapon took on the first try, Locoroco on the third, but they are now residing & functional on my Vita.

[quote name='flojomojo']Question: are you a Plus member? This was one of the games that was offered for free, ad there's a known problem with transferring them over. Supposedly Sony is working on a fix for that. Might be the same issue as Space Shooter For 2 Bucks, which is on the official list but anyone who cares about it can't move it over.[/QUOTE]

I was for a brief period. When was this free?

[quote name='jza1218']I was for a brief period. When was this free?[/QUOTE]

According to a google search it was around Halloween, like October 18 of last year, although I thought I had longer than that.

[quote name='edison']According to a google search it was around Halloween, like October 18 of last year, although I thought I had longer than that.[/QUOTE]

I checked, I bought it in 2010.

[quote name='jza1218']Changed Age of Zombies to red, since it won't copy over or show up in the PS Store.[/QUOTE]

Just tested and Age of Zombies works fine when transferred using PS3, not sure what the issue is with yours, using the EU store by the way.

Updated the OP with what's actually in the Vita's PS Store, so green might as well be changed to what's directly available on that store instead of what was on the list since it wasn't 100% accurate.

Ys I & II Chronicles worked for me, though it didn't show up in the PS Store with the red bag on its page. I had to go through my download history to get it.

Tried moving all of my Minis that I've purchased and got through PS+ that aren't in the Vita's PS Store, but none of them worked.

Not working:
Alien Zombie Death
Babel The King of the Blocks
Bashi Blocks
Blast Off
BreakQuest
DoodleFit
Dr. Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl
Duael Invaders
Echoes
Enigmo
Gold Medalist
Hungry Giraffe
I Must Run
Jelly Pops
Mad Blocker Alpha
Mecho Wars
Ninjamurai
OMG-Z
One Epic Game
Orbit
Rumble Trucks
Speedball 2 Evolution
Street Smart
Sudoku
Vector TD

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection
Can be marked Blue

Socom FTB 1 can be marked blue.

Syphon Filter Dark Mirror should be Red.

Added the latest changes people have found. Also added in the 2 new games (MLB 2K12 and Susume Tactics) in the PSN store last night.

[quote name='UTWarden']anyone wants to add Dante's Inferno in blue.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had this on download instead of UMD. Such an underrated game, IMO.

[quote name='Sonne']I wish I had this on download instead of UMD. Such an underrated game, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It was actually one of the few PSN PSP games I had and it's great to have it on Vita. It's a fantastic portable version, too, so many people just hated on that game unjustly.

Hey guys,

Would you get Monster hunter freedom unite, or ogre tactics? I got 20 dollars in credit. want to get a game for the vita.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Hey guys,

Would you get Monster hunter freedom unite, or ogre tactics? I got 20 dollars in credit. want to get a game for the vita.[/QUOTE]

Monster Hunter!

bread's done
Back