Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

#271 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

I was thinking of a new thing for the list, which is to note the remaining games that have been pulled and are unlikely to be put in the Vita PS Store or be made compatible.The old sports games and licensed games that continue to not change every week could be better categorized since they're probably not going to change at this point. I'd just make that the purple color since the "it works for some and not for others" category isn't needed anymore anyway. Good idea?

Are you telling me to give up my hope of NHL 07 being available on the Vita? Never!

#272 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

Are you telling me to give up my hope of NHL 07 being available on the Vita? Never!

God, the vita needs an NHL game like it needs more sales.

an NHL would become an instant must buy for me. Come on! We get soccer but no Hockey...

Hell Id take any decent "hot shots" style hockey game for jus the sake of hockey on my vita haha.
Posted Image

#273 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

No changes again this week.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#274 jeremybristol1959

jeremybristol1959

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Phantasy Star Portable 2 was pulled from PSN last year as well. So it should probably be labeled as such.

#275 the_korben

the_korben

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hi all,

I just signed up to say thanks for the great list and to mention that Beaterator works on the Vita without a problem. Not that anyone cares ;)

Edit: Oops. Totally missed that the OP was a wiki. Already submitted the change ...

Cheers,
the_korben

Edited by the_korben, 10 July 2012 - 04:31 PM.
to provide additional info

#276 Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, thanks a lot for this list as well. I almost bought Renegade Ops from PSN because it was $9.99. Guess I'll buy Battlefront II instead.

#277 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

Nothing new this week. It makes me think that they're holding them back for the big PS1 Classics firmware update.

Anyway, can the people with red games on the list double check them now if they haven't recently so we can make sure that those are correct?

#278 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:45 AM

Im becoming so unbearably impatient for this friggin PS1 firmware. I really wanted it before the 17th because i have a huge trip that week..... gah... come on sony STEP YOUR GAME UP! #marcus
Posted Image

#279 jeremybristol1959

jeremybristol1959

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

My reds include Fat Princess, ModNation Racers, Motorstorm, Twisted Metal, Phantasy Star POrtable 2, and none of them are in the shop. I have noticed that some Minis are being placed in the PSP section, so someone might double check in that section.

#280 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

I'm talking about trying to transfer them from a PS3 since they didn't work at one point in time. I check the shop, so I know they're not in there.

#281 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

Has anyone tried Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror lately?

Edited by Bullwinkle, 11 July 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#282 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

They've announced on the PS Blogcast that Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Midnight Club LA Remix will be in the Vita's PS Store with the next update.

#283 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

I've never played a Persona game before, should I start with 2 or 3?

I wish the prices on most of the games were more reasonable. Asking like 20-30 bucks for some of these old PSP games is ridiculous. Wouldn't it benefit them more to lower the prices because it's all digital?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#284 Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

I've never played a Persona game before, should I start with 2 or 3?

I wish the prices on most of the games were more reasonable. Asking like 20-30 bucks for some of these old PSP games is ridiculous. Wouldn't it benefit them more to lower the prices because it's all digital?

Persona 2's $14.99 and Persona 3's $9.99 for this month. :D

#285 jeremybristol1959

jeremybristol1959

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Persona games: They're not direct sequels and each plays somewhat differently. 1+2 are PSOne ports. Persona 3 is a port of a PS2 game (though it limits the functionality--it leaves out animated cutscenes and free movement in every location except the dungeon). I'm liking 2 so far, but I prefer 3. Can't wait for 4 to come out as a Vita game later this year.

#286 jeremybristol1959

jeremybristol1959

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

"I'm talking about trying to transfer them from a PS3 since they didn't work at one point in time. I check the shop, so I know they're not in there. "

I know. I meant that I checked both ways, as well as through my download history.

#287 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

BTW, I read elsewhere that Gungnir and Unchained Blades now work on the vita but you need to transfer them to it via the PS3 or PC. I can confirm that Unchained Blades works as i purchased and transferred to my vita last night. I might try Gungnir.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#288 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

BTW, I read elsewhere that Gungnir and Unchained Blades now work on the vita but you need to transfer them to it via the PS3 or PC. I can confirm that Unchained Blades works as i purchased and transferred to my vita last night. I might try Gungnir.

They are both already on the list.

#289 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

Added to the Vita's PS Store this week:

PSP
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Midnight Club: L.A. Remix

#290 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom works. Downloaded to my PS3 and then transferred to my PSVita, no issues.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#291 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

RE SIS TANCE

listening Sony?

#292 CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

I can confirm King of Fighters Collection is playable via PS3 transfer. No issues encountered.

#293 TLR

TLR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

RE SIS TANCE

listening Sony?

No... I think they hand-picked every game that would be awesome to play on the Vita to make sure we absolutely can't play it.

This list is awesome, and all the people contributing to it are awesome... but the fact that this exists exposes a major Fuck up on Sony's behalf. They've given us "hit or miss" crap before, so why stop now when we have a chance to re-vitalize our (already low PSN percentage of) PSP games?

ModNation Racers on Vita being a total piece of shit wouldn't have been near as bad if we could just go back to the PSP version we paid for (which has ONLINE play). And I'm a similar flavor of pissed about Resistance too.

And seeing that Phantasy Star Portable 2 actually does work well on Vita (thus nullifying any argument that it'd be a hardware problem), I'm left here feeling like Sony deliberately crippled their BC and therefore deliberately crippled a component that'd make Vita's drought tolerable. There should be no need for this list because every PSP game on the PSN should be transfer-able.
Remember the Xperia Play some people thought BOMBED? Guess which gaming phone went from 40 to over 360 games?
That's right. Xperia Play became a total BEAST, and this website databases it's game library better than any other:

http://xperiaplaygamer.net/

#294 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Just confirmed that Midnight Club 3 does not work on the Vita. Crystal Defenders does, however, if you copy it from a PS3. I've updated the OP accordingly.

#295 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

With Unchained Blades working now, you can get the game for a little bit cheaper than the PSN cost from this dudes eBay auction. I was able to get some with $20 of paypal I had laying around that I forgot about, but someone else might have better luck and get it for cheaper since he starts it at $5.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#296 Starch

Starch

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Valkryia Chronicles doesn't work, I try that way but it won't transfer.

#297 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Valkryia Chronicles doesn't work, I try that way but it won't transfer.

Strange...I'm pretty sure it worked for me. I know it transferred to my Vita w/o a problem (though I missed one of the add-on missions that I still need to transfer) and I'm nearly positive I played the game for a few minutes to check it out (which is how I found out one of the add-on missions was missing).
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#298 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Strange...I'm pretty sure it worked for me. I know it transferred to my Vita w/o a problem (though I missed one of the add-on missions that I still need to transfer) and I'm nearly positive I played the game for a few minutes to check it out (which is how I found out one of the add-on missions was missing).

Yeah, I have it on my Vita too, maybe Sony change it for some reason?
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#299 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

It was announced on the PS Blogcast that these games will be added to the Vita's PS Store next Tuesday:

PSP
Beaterator
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Minis
Canabalt
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrim
Velocity

#300 jeremybristol1959

jeremybristol1959

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

"And seeing that Phantasy Star Portable 2 works"

Okay, so how is it done? It doesnt work on mine.