Artbook included with Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#91 GundamS

GundamS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

My gs got artbooks for every preorder and I browsed through my artbook at the store (they didn't let me take it till Friday). I have to say that if you missed it you're not missing much.

#92 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

My local store luckily received 13 artbooks for all 13 of their preorders, and I even picked mine up today (the artbook, obviously - I have to wait until Friday for the game). I was told that all the other stores may not be so lucky, however. Preorders made past a certain date in-store, or even *before* a certain date, may not receive the artbook, since it's actually specifically mentioned in their system who preordered during the promotional period.

Uh...so can you tell us about the artbook? How is it in terms of content or size?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Plat Run]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/14]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#93 Fadikun

Fadikun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

I got a glance at the art book today. It looks to be pretty high quality, with the pop up style artwork. Not sure how many pages but it's about 8" x 5.5"

#94 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

Uh...so can you tell us about the artbook? How is it in terms of content or size?

What the person before me said. It's about 20 pages, so it's not huge or super-comprehensive in its art, but the paper quality is really nice - nice, thick cardstock pages, with beautiful image quality and vivid color. Oh, and the cover is embossed. Some people might not be too impressed, but I really like it, and would have been sad if I didn't get one.
Posted Image

#95 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

Looks like I need to be in bright and early on the 6th to make sure I get my copy along with the artbook...

#96 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Luckily I have from work on the 6th. I'll just stop on in as soon as they open. Hopefully I get the text that my copy will arrive tomorrow.

#97 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

i ordered it twice just to be safe and ensure an artbook from gamestop. im a huge rpg collector and love me artbooks. this will make about 40 something artbooks i own all from preorders.

#98 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

My local store luckily received 13 artbooks for all 13 of their preorders, and I even picked mine up today (the artbook, obviously - I have to wait until Friday for the game). I was told that all the other stores may not be so lucky, however. Preorders made past a certain date in-store, or even *before* a certain date, may not receive the artbook, since it's actually specifically mentioned in their system who preordered during the promotional period.

Great, so I might strike out if people are already able to pick up their artbooks...

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#99 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

I got mine as well. It's really nice for a preorder bonus. The thing that bothers me about it is that it doesn't have a proper spine, and is just stapled together, so it doesn't close properly.

But like I said, it's preorder bonus. It's not costing us anything extra like a special edition would, so I think it's really cool.

#100 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

I went into GS last week and they had no idea about the pre-order bonus ending earlier until I asked them to look into it. They told me that at that point it looked like the last dozen or so people who pre-ordered from that store would not be getting the bonus because it has a "NO PREMIUM" by there name. Luckily they were still offering the bonus online when I got home, so I ordered on there.

#101 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

I just called my local store to confirm that they do have the artbook for my reserve :)
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#102 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

The game hasn't been released yet on Gamestop's website. I believe they charge, as soon as it gets shipped. I also had an issue with the credit card not going through but fixing it and so far, my receipt still has the game and free "premium" artbook as part of the sale.

I just got the notice that my pre-order from Gamestop.com was charged and shipped via USPS. The email did say that it included the bonus artbook. FWIW I ordered in January well before the art book was announced.

#103 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Im hoping some cancellations for people that pre-ordered with artbook at my local store. (wasnt able to preorder early enough to get a guaranteed artbook) The GS rep mentioned that the store is notorious for having a lot of cancellations at release date. Heck they still have Soul Caliber CE, SFxT CE and i think ME3 CE.

#104 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

I preordered right after they pulled the artbook.

Called up this morning and asked about it. Manager said she'd gotten a couple of them, if I came by it was mine. Picked it up. It's a nice book for sure, hardly a must own but I wanted it in case I resell the game as I don't plan to even open it for awhile.

#105 Insane dead

Insane dead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Just a heads up, Went to my gamestop and they had a few of these just laying on the counter. People were taking some as well and the employees didn't say anything. So might want to go get your as soon as possible.

#106 remag

remag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:55 AM

After this fiasco I'd say it's best to preorder anything with a preorder bonus online instead of instore. That is if you even do business with gamestop at all...

#107 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

Will the game be available right at opening tomorrow?

#108 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

I was told they only had two for the people who ordered in the right time period today....oh well.

#109 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

I called my store and I asked if they were getting artbooks in and they said they had no idea. I pre-ordered mine in December, so I'll just go see if they even got them in. If they do I'll grab one in the morning.

#110 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Preordered way back. Was able to pickup artbook without any problem.
They didn't even check if/when I placed the preorder.
The artbook material is pretty solid & the embossing on front looks great. Its low on content but whatever is there - looks glorious
Overall quite a premium feel to it & I would suggest to grab it while you can.

#111 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

Just a heads up, Went to my gamestop and they had a few of these just laying on the counter. People were taking some as well and the employees didn't say anything. So might want to go get your as soon as possible.

that is terrible. how many did you see?

#112 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

If worst comes to worst I'm sure you could write to Gamestop and they'd accommodate you with an artbook via mail or sent to your local store.

#113 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

I called my preorder store and they said they had enough to cover preorders and extra ones as well. I feel for everyone that doesn't get one tomorrow.

#114 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

What idiot employees.

#115 Hinoshiko

Hinoshiko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

... *facepalm*

#116 Insane dead

Insane dead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

that is terrible. how many did you see?

I saw three left, There may have been more earlier that day. They were just laying right next to the gameinformer magazines.

#117 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

I plan on picking mine up today, will let you know how it goes.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#118 C56789

C56789

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

I'm sad cause my gamestop got no artbooks in. Going there early just to be sure but no guarantee. I might try calling the other gamestop to see if they got any in but usually they dont give bonuses out to people unless you preorder at that particular store.

Maybe I'll find one at a discount online. I'm glad I'm getting the game but i wouldn't have preordered it for release if i had known that i would not get an artbook because I can't play the game right away. I could have bought it later on when I had time to play it. At least I supported the sales for the game so its not all bad.

Edited by C56789, 06 April 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#119 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

My GameStop is awesome because the guys there share the same interests as me and don't hand out pre-order bonuses all over the place.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#120 Masquerade

Masquerade

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Man, this does not sound. I pre-ordered the game on 3/3/2012. Hopefully, I will get an artbook with the game after I get out of work at 4:00pm.