Not open for further replies.

icebeast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
And I mean hard...

se-kirara-eroge-plagiarism-006.jpg

[quote name='Indignate']What is this 'hard stuff?'

Please explain in great detail. Preferably with pictures to help convey the meaning better.[/QUOTE]

PM sent. ;)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Friend is playing Space Marine.

Here's a drinking game I came up with. Every time somebody in the game says "space marine," take a drink.[/QUOTE]

Hank will be dead by morning.

[quote name='BlueScrote']My local best buy has neither BBCSE or SCV. And this is why I don't buy games at retail anymore.[/QUOTE]

I waited in line for 20 minutes at the local GS the other day looking for BBCSE, because I wanted to not wait for shipping and had store credit. The had the LE/CE but I didn't see any $40 copies. So I waited and asked. They had none. I knew local bestbuy had 0. So I came home and ordered it from amazon with prime. Showed up today. :cool:

So Josh/Uraizen, if you're up to play later tonight, I'll hop on.
Can it be installed? Should I install it if I have the room?
Space Marine also showed up from GF sale... this should be cathartic.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']So I guess GGT Game Night is back on? ;)[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll play it over Skype, with impressions, hopefully you're ready for even more heavy breathing than usual. ;)

[quote name='icebeast']Maybe I'll play it over Skype, with impressions, hopefully you're ready for even more heavy breathing than usual. ;)[/QUOTE]

more .. than.. usual? :whistle2:x

[quote name='corrosivefrost']more .. than.. usual? :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

Don't ask me, I don't think I breath loudly, but everyone else mentions it when I Skype. Also, Hank is convinced that I sound like Conker when I use the 360 mic for Skype.

Really, Baldur's Gate? Your overworld and sidequests are full of vampire wolves that can't be harmed with non-magic weapons, huge stacks of archers that arrow-rape the first person that comes in to view, zombies that can stunlock my whole party, and ogre berserkers that I have to kite with Imoen for five minutes to finish off.

And your main quest gives me... kobolds with short swords.

Sounds like Baldur's Gate was ahead of its time, make the main quest so easy that anyone could do it, but maybe consider throwing in some side quests which might pose somewhat of a challenge to experienced gamers (although sometimes developers today don't even put that in).

[quote name='icebeast']Don't ask me, I don't think I breath loudly, but everyone else mentions it when I Skype. Also, Hank is convinced that I sound like Conker when I use the 360 mic for Skype.[/QUOTE]

Sounding like conker? That sounds *AWESOME*

[quote name='icebeast']Sounds like Baldur's Gate was ahead of its time, make the main quest so easy that anyone could do it, but maybe consider throwing in some side quests which might pose somewhat of a challenge to experienced gamers (although sometimes developers today don't even put that in).[/QUOTE]
It's not even that the side quests are harder than the main quest (so far). Merely existing is more dangerous than the main quest so far.

A brief history of shit that has happened to me simply while walking from point A to B!

1: Lost the very first "real" fight of the game (Yourself, an archer, a shitty fighter, and a mage Vs a dozen-ish weak goblin-like creatures). Repeatedly.
2: Lost the very first "real" fight against another human (a lone mage that attacks you when you approach an inn of all places). Repeatedly. I have been ambushed by higher-level characters in two more inns since.
3: Found a lone ogre - a strong opponent at level 1, but I managed to zergling swarm and kill him. He had a couple of magic belts on him, but all magic items have to be identified in this game to figure out what they are, and that costs 100 gold, and I didn't have 100 gold, so I just threw the belts on. One of them was a cursed belt of gender change. I needed 500 gold and a priest to take it off.
4: Found an ettercap, whose opening move stuns the entire party for multiple rounds of combat. I lost repeatedly, because attacks against stunned characters are pretty much guaranteed to hit.
5: Broke two different weapons during the tutorial. Two bastard swords fighting god damn rats!
6: Repeated ambushes while trying to rest, often with the enemy spawning on top of your most fragile characters.

It's, like... if you know specifically how to work your way through the wilderness as you're going about the main quest, you're mostly fine (that second fight against the mage is damn near unavoidable unless you want to pass on two very useful characters, though). And if you've cleared out enough of the wilderness that you have room to run from the vampire wolves that there is no chance in hell you can kill, you're alright.

And if you start as a mage, you will have fewer hit points than most enemies do in damage in a single round. And you expect that, because it's an old D&D game, so of course first-level mages are the single weakest things ine existence. But your first companions are a thief (shit HP), a fighter/thief (shit HP), and another mage.

It's an awkward balance between refreshing difficulty and total fucking bullshit, but I'm mostly enjoying it. That sidequest with the chicken was still one of the dumbest thigns ever, though.

EDIT: Also, these kobolds give 7 EXP each. In 2nd edition D&D, EXP is not so much shared between party members as it is divided. That means each kobold gives 1.17 EXP to each party member. My level three paladin protagonist has 8555 EXP, and needs another 455 to hit level four. Unless I let this useless god damn halfing fighter/thief die, that's another 390 kobolds. I'm sure they'll put better kobolds on the lower levels of this place, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Crotch']1: Lost the very first "real" fight of the game (Yourself, an archer, a shitty fighter, and a mage Vs a dozen-ish weak goblin-like creatures). Repeatedly.
2: Lost the very first "real" fight against another human (a lone mage that attacks you when you approach an inn of all places). Repeatedly. I have been ambushed by higher-level characters in two more inns since.[/QUOTE]

Haha, both of those basically happened to me when I tried to play through the game a couple months ago. Basically didn't recruit the guys you meet along the road before you get to the inn (whoops) so I had two characters to fight that mage, luckily you can kite him into the guards and have them help, since with two people beating him down before he can cast a spell is near impossible. And then I wandered into the wilderness and died to a group of regular critters, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kainzero']visual novels are great

my favorite ones are 999 and phoenix wright[/QUOTE]

Those are both great games, add to that list Ghost Trick as well (which might tie or rank slightly higher than the Phoenix Wright games for me).

Oh, and this one part where there were a shitload of gnolls (like, wimpy werewolf looking things) to farm for easy kills and EXP?

fucking Drizzt Do'Urden comes and kills half of them.

[quote name='The Crotch']Oh, and this one part where there were a shitload of gnolls (like, wimpy werewolf looking things) to farm for easy kills and EXP?

fucking Drizzt Do'Urden comes and kills half of them.[/QUOTE]

I remember that. I

I need to replay 999 for more endings.
Also, this guy is really famous:
hQKu.jpg

And I wish I knew grammar as good as this chick:
40044_src.jpg

[quote name='linkpwns']I need to replay 999 for more endings.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I wouldn't even count the bad endings as real endings. That game is not finished until you get the true ending.

Chapter three! Kobolds slain, levels gained, necromancer and halfing punted from the party, elf with a bitchin' dagger recruited, and perhaps most importantly, indentify scroll found. Time to get me a Minsc, I think.

EDIT: Minsc is specialized in two handed swords and dual wielding? God dammit!
EDIT2: Ah, and maces. If I ever find a pair of enchanted maces...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']So Josh/Uraizen, if you're up to play later tonight, I'll hop on.
Can it be installed? Should I install it if I have the room?
Space Marine also showed up from GF sale... this should be cathartic.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it can be installed from the options menu, so install it!

Uh... as for playing, ask Josh.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']WTF, they gave my boy Jin a glowing purple orb?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='linkpwns']
And I wish I knew grammar as good as this chick:
40044_src.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If you told me that was Joel's foot, I would say yes.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']space marine.[/quote]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']space marine!![/quote]

[quote name='ihadfg']kill the space marines![/quote]

[quote name='jimbo slice']space marine!![/quote]
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!

Space Marines!!!

[quote name='whoknows']What's all this talk about Space Marine?[/QUOTE]

It's $15 and I may buy it. I watched my friend play it for a while last night.

Space Marine!s!!!

Kill the Space Marines!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back