GGT 173 Finished A "Visual Novel" and is Ready For The Hard Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='whoknows']Haven't been in the mod. Feels like it's been around a month maybe.[/QUOTE]

Is that slang for prostitution?

There's a sign outside the Jack in the Box that says for our safety, they won't serve people walking or bicycling through the drive-thru.

Also, you don't walk.

It's my birthday, bitches. :cool:

Friend came over, we fried up some chicken nuggs and watched Alien vs. Predator Requiem. And now I'm playing Skyrim.

Birthday celebration is all week long. :bouncy:

Josh, when are we gonna play the Old Republic?
My work schedule should be better as of next week, assuming my boss isn't lying to me.

Facebook told me today is Hank's birthday. Happy birthday to you, and your glorious beard.

I don't know what I hate more: The reversal system in WWE 12 or trying to get a screen protector onto a PSP ... then noticing what looks like a water stain but might be a scratch on the screen.

Happy bro-day Hankenstein!

[quote name='linkpwns']Josh, when are we gonna play the Old Republic?
My work schedule should be better as of next week, assuming my boss isn't lying to me.[/QUOTE]

Whenever you want. Just tell me when you want to play.

[quote name='panzerfaust']happy birthday, hank.

i won a dinner with lead ninja theory developers if you want to go for me.[/QUOTE]

Is Tameem going to be there?

[quote name='ihadFG']
Whenever you want. Just tell me when you want to play.[/QUOTE]
TONIGHT, THEN. If I can't get Blazblue, that is.

Happy Birthday Hank!

I'm about 10 hours into ME2 now (and done with the first round of recruiting and some of the side stuff), I think there might be a chance I can finish it before ME3 comes out, especially if I push this weekend to get to the end of it.

Whoa, wtf?

Good news: Killzone 3's full multiplayer mode will be going free to play on PSN starting this week. Read up on all the details in our announcement blog post!

Awesome.

[quote name='Indignate']Happy Birthday Hankerton!

Yours and Uraizens bdays are so close together.

How cute.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. Our parents got it on around the same time. :bouncy:
[quote name='BlueScrote']Happy birthday hank. You've been playing an awful lot of skyrim these days. Getting your moneys worth?[/QUOTE]
Totally, I'm probably going to end up with over 100 hours on this bitch. ^__^
[quote name='j-cart']Hank, if you come to Cali, expect loads of booze on me. Happy bday you long hair bearded man.[/QUOTE]
We'd get so trashed. Would be awesome.
[quote name='linkpwns']JFacebook told me today is Hank's birthday. Happy birthday to you, and your glorious beard.[/QUOTE]
That snitch. Next thing you know, Google will tell you how often I go to Tube8. :nottalking:
[quote name='ihadFG']Happy bro-day Hankenstein!
[/QUOTE]
Space marines!!!
[quote name='panzerfaust']happy birthday, hank.

i won a dinner with lead ninja theory developers if you want to go for me.[/QUOTE]
I'd love to. Then maybe I can get them working on Shenmue 3 somehow.

Would be awesome.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Is Tameem going to be there?

[quote name='icebeast']Happy Birthday Hank!

I'm about 10 hours into ME2 now (and done with the first round of recruiting and some of the side stuff), I think there might be a chance I can finish it before ME3 comes out, especially if I push this weekend to get to the end of it.[/QUOTE]If you don't do a lot of the side missions, you should be able to blow through it by the weekend.

DLC is another matter, of course.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you don't do a lot of the side missions, you should be able to blow through it by the weekend.

DLC is another matter, of course.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I think even with the DLC I should be ok, especially since many conversations I'm kind of skimming or just skipping and not even reading since I've played through the game before, although some parts I'm watching since this time I have all my choices from the first game (instead of none of my choices when I played it through on PS3 since PSN was down so I couldn't get the comic that let you choose what happened in the first game). But that really only comes up a couple times, like with the Council being all aliens this time and Ashley being alive instead of Kaiden.

[quote name='icebeast']Ya, I think even with the DLC I should be ok, especially since many conversations I'm kind of skimming or just skipping and not even reading since I've played through the game before, although some parts I'm watching since this time I have all my choices from the first game (instead of none of my choices when I played it through on PS3 since PSN was down so I couldn't get the comic that let you choose what happened in the first game). But that really only comes up a couple times, like with the Council being all aliens this time and Ashley being alive instead of Kaiden.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't skip any of the DLC because there's potential ME3 plot points can could be affected by what you do in LoTSB, Overlord and Arrival. Stolen Memory, not so much from what I can see.

Doing it on PS3, as long as you can have the motion comic available, you should get the main plot points from ME1 that will migrate into ME2 and into ME3.

I've done my two playthroughs on 360, so I've had the ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 path available to me.

I beat ME1 on 360. Then beat ME2 on PS3. And now I'm doing ME1 and ME2 on PC, and I'm getting ME3 on PC. The only DLC that I'm not sure if I even got for PC is Arrival since I already played it on PS3 and near as I can tell that is totally pointless except as a hype up for ME3 since you can't change the outcome of that mission, so no matter what everyone has the same thing happen, so if they mention it, it will be the same for everyone.

Also, I already did Stolen Memory, since Kasumi is my second favorite crew member behind Jack (those two make up my party), and Firewalker which I blazed through, and was super easy since I knew how to totally exploit all the fighting, haha.

Actually in truth I have ME1 on 360 and PC, ME2 on 360, PS3, and PC; but I didn't beat ME2 on 360 since I ended up not playing far into it till ME2 came out on PS3 with all the DLC up to that point included.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icebeast']Ya, I think even with the DLC I should be ok, especially since many conversations I'm kind of skimming or just skipping and not even reading since I've played through the game before, although some parts I'm watching since this time I have all my choices from the first game (instead of none of my choices when I played it through on PS3 since PSN was down so I couldn't get the comic that let you choose what happened in the first game). But that really only comes up a couple times, like with the Council being all aliens this time and Ashley being alive instead of Kaiden.[/QUOTE]

I think I was around 37 hours on my re-play recently. But I did all the DLC, all the side missions and went through most of the dialogue since it had been a couple of years since I played it on the 360.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Whoa, wtf?

Good news: Killzone 3's full multiplayer mode will be going free to play on PSN starting this week. Read up on all the details in our announcement blog post!

Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I think I read that it has a level cap that you have to pay to unlock though.

I have the full game (and KZ2) to get around to playing. So I'd be up for playing the KZ3 MP sometime if anyone downloads it. I haven't got a headset for PS3 yet though.

Happy bday Hank.

Going to celebrate with some Space Marine?

[quote name='dmaul1114']I think I read that it has a level cap that you have to pay to unlock though.

I have the full game (and KZ2) to get around to playing. So I'd be up for playing the KZ3 MP sometime if anyone downloads it. I haven't got a headset for PS3 yet though.[/QUOTE]

I'll be down for it. I liked the MP a lot, but I ended up trading away the game when it seemed like it was dying. This will for sure increase the amount of people playing though, so I'll be playing.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I think I was around 37 hours on my re-play recently. But I did all the DLC, all the side missions and went through most of the dialogue since it had been a couple of years since I played it on the 360.[/QUOTE]Both of my playthroughs, including all the side missions, DLC and more planet scanning than I probably needed weighed in at 55+ hours each.

My original 360 playthrough was 50+ hours. So I was still much quicker this time as I did x through a lot of dialogue reading it instead of listening, didn't go through all the dialogue options for random people around the cities and didn't do as much excess planet scanning. :D

[quote name='dmaul1114']My original 360 playthrough was 50+ hours. So I was still much quicker this time as I did x through a lot of dialogue reading it instead of listening, didn't go through all the dialogue options for random people around the cities and didn't do as much excess planet scanning. :D[/QUOTE]That would be why, since I did a Paragon playthrough on the first time around and Renegade the second time through, so I didn't want to miss the dialogue the second time around.

Once you get all the upgrades, the only resource you need is eezo to re-spec your biotics.

My 2nd playthrough as a renegade was about the same time as this third one. I did more of the dialogue, but I always had subtitle son so I could read it quickly and go on rather than listening to the voice acting.

I've always only played on normal as well, so I don't have to put much thought into the leveling, re-specing teammates etc. since the game is super easy on normal.

So I watched some of the condensed version of Cross Assault (IGN's $25k prize show about SF x Tekken) on IGN's You Tube feed and it seems like the only good characters in the game are SF characters. All I saw was Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sagat, Rufus, Hugo, and Abel. Is that the top tier?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Whoa, wtf?

Awesome.[/QUOTE]

It's free to play up to a certain point, then you have to pay $15 to get past the level wall.

[quote name='whoknows']I'll be down for it. I liked the MP a lot, but I ended up trading away the game when it seemed like it was dying. This will for sure increase the amount of people playing though, so I'll be playing.[/QUOTE]

Words cannot express my current emotions.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So I watched some of the condensed version of Cross Assault (IGN's $25k prize show about SF x Tekken) on IGN's You Tube feed and it seems like the only good characters in the game are SF characters. All I saw was Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sagat, Rufus, Hugo, and Abel. Is that the top tier?[/QUOTE]

It's a competition, so people are going to choose easy to use chars that are easy to win with unless they're character loyalists.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Doom had levels. ^__^[/QUOTE]
My favorite level is the one where guns were on the floor and you got to go pick them up and use them.
[quote name='Indignate']I don't need to since KZ3 is F2P.[/QUOTE]
But it wont be for a long time.

[quote name='distgfx']It's a competition, so people are going to choose easy to use chars that are easy to win with unless they're character loyalists.[/QUOTE]

I like it when Uraizen drops fighting game knowledge.

It makes me blush.

[quote name='whoknows']But it wont be for a long time.[/QUOTE]

But it will before R3 goes F2P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back