Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Marines have nothing on the Sisters of Battle:

595px-Sister_of_Battle.jpg

[quote name='icebeast']Space Marines have nothing on the Sisters of Battle:

[/QUOTE]
I'd hit it. :cool:

Man, the last couple of days have been insane. Getting ready for my trip! WOO WOO! Layovers in Chi town!

[quote name='icebeast']Don't ask me, I don't think I breath loudly, but everyone else mentions it when I Skype. Also, Hank is convinced that I sound like Conker when I use the 360 mic for Skype.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you can use the 360 mic on a PC?

[quote name='The Crotch']It's not even that the side quests are harder than the main quest (so far). Merely existing is more dangerous than the main quest so far.
A brief history of shit that has happened to me simply while walking from point A to B!

1: Lost the very first "real" fight of the game (Yourself, an archer, a shitty fighter, and a mage Vs a dozen-ish weak goblin-like creatures). Repeatedly.
2: Lost the very first "real" fight against another human (a lone mage that attacks you when you approach an inn of all places). Repeatedly. I have been ambushed by higher-level characters in two more inns since.
3: Found a lone ogre - a strong opponent at level 1, but I managed to zergling swarm and kill him. He had a couple of magic belts on him, but all magic items have to be identified in this game to figure out what they are, and that costs 100 gold, and I didn't have 100 gold, so I just threw the belts on. One of them was a cursed belt of gender change. I needed 500 gold and a priest to take it off.
4: Found an ettercap, whose opening move stuns the entire party for multiple rounds of combat. I lost repeatedly, because attacks against stunned characters are pretty much guaranteed to hit.
5: Broke two different weapons during the tutorial. Two bastard swords fighting god damn rats!
6: Repeated ambushes while trying to rest, often with the enemy spawning on top of your most fragile characters.

It's, like... if you know specifically how to work your way through the wilderness as you're going about the main quest, you're mostly fine (that second fight against the mage is damn near unavoidable unless you want to pass on two very useful characters, though). And if you've cleared out enough of the wilderness that you have room to run from the vampire wolves that there is no chance in hell you can kill, you're alright.

And if you start as a mage, you will have fewer hit points than most enemies do in damage in a single round. And you expect that, because it's an old D&D game, so of course first-level mages are the single weakest things ine existence. But your first companions are a thief (shit HP), a fighter/thief (shit HP), and another mage.

It's an awkward balance between refreshing difficulty and total fucking bullshit, but I'm mostly enjoying it. That sidequest with the chicken was still one of the dumbest thigns ever, though.

EDIT: Also, these kobolds give 7 EXP each. In 2nd edition D&D, EXP is not so much shared between party members as it is divided. That means each kobold gives 1.17 EXP to each party member. My level three paladin protagonist has 8555 EXP, and needs another 455 to hit level four. Unless I let this useless god damn halfing fighter/thief die, that's another 390 kobolds. I'm sure they'll put better kobolds on the lower levels of this place, though.
[/QUOTE]

I don't remember BG being that difficult...

[quote name='whoknows']I want to buy SSX.

But I won't.[/QUOTE]

SSX demo was pretty good. It wasn't on my radar at all, but now It's tempting. Beating uraizen's and frosty's times is addicting.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Wait, you can use the 360 mic on a PC?[/QUOTE]

Yep if you plug a wired 360 controller into your PC and then plug the mic into that, you can use it.

I've used that setup for a long time, since I didn't really feel like getting a dedicated mic, but I have an actual PC headset now, but even with that I still swap to my 360 mic while on Skype sometimes because my couch is too far away from my PC for my headset to use while playing a console, but with the added cord on the 360 controller and being able to plug it into the front USB ports it easily reaches.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I don't remember BG being that difficult...[/QUOTE]
I've learned that kiting is easy as balls in this game. I've also found the gauntlets of dexterity, which makes my character (who used dexterity as a dump stat because I forgot how second edition handled armour) absurdly powerful.

Also, did the gnolls just... not put any doors on their fort? They were all hanging out on the roof, and while I can see the odd window, I've scoured the god damn place, and there is not one single entrance.

EDIT: Hiding the quest objective in a spot where your line of site is inexplicably blocked from one tiny location at almost every angle? That's a paddlin'.
EDIT2: Making said objective a way worse mage than the guy she's replacing in my party? That's a paddlin'. Carrying a dead cat with you the entire game because you know it's involved in some quest somewhere but you never find it? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icebeast']Space Marines have nothing on the Sisters of Battle:

[/QUOTE]
I feel like she should be
making a sandwhich
[quote name='BlueScrote']SSX demo was pretty good. It wasn't on my radar at all, but now It's tempting. Beating uraizen's and frosty's times is addicting.[/QUOTE]

I can't beat Alex in the race, he's too fast.

And it wasn't on my radar either. It's a lot of fun though. I'd get it, but I've been spending too much on games recently with the Vita and all. Plus I'm planning to get two games Day 1 in March...

[quote name='BlueScrote']SSX demo was pretty good. It wasn't on my radar at all, but now It's tempting. Beating uraizen's and frosty's times is addicting.[/QUOTE]

All I remember about it is that I beat frosty's time on my first try. I was pleased and shut it off.

[quote name='icebeast']Yep if you plug a wired 360 controller into your PC and then plug the mic into that, you can use it.

I've used that setup for a long time, since I didn't really feel like getting a dedicated mic, but I have an actual PC headset now, but even with that I still swap to my 360 mic while on Skype sometimes because my couch is too far away from my PC for my headset to use while playing a console, but with the added cord on the 360 controller and being able to plug it into the front USB ports it easily reaches.[/QUOTE]

mind = blown. I'm definitely going to try that.

[quote name='distgfx']All I remember about it is that I beat frosty's time on my first try. I was pleased and shut it off.[/QUOTE]

Based on his time I think he shut it off after the first time also :whistle2:#

[quote name='whoknows']I feel like she should be
making a sandwhich
[/QUOTE]

I think she just finished turning someone or something into a sloppy-joe.

[quote name='whoknows']That works.

I like sloppy joes.

why does that sound inappropriate?[/QUOTE]

Probably because based on my post it sounds like you enjoy ground flesh sandwiches.

[quote name='BlueScrote']mind = blown. I'm definitely going to try that.

Based on his time I think he shut it off after the first time also :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't recall what happened exactly, but I ended up sucking at it and was like "yeah, I remember why I don't like snowboarding games now." I exited and deleted and that was it.

So looking at the controls for SFxT, it makes a lot of sense for the condense controls for charge characters.

Just wondering how Tekken characters will play though.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, I don't recall what happened exactly, but I ended up sucking at it and was like "yeah, I remember why I don't like snowboarding games now." I exited and deleted and that was it.[/QUOTE]

I liked the older games in the SSX series, namely SSX 3, loved this song, always got me pumped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gV6Oem1PxQ

And Amped 3 was fairly enjoyable as well (although some of the missions just plain sucked) so it was kind of hit or miss, but the story was funny and enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExiN7C4IkCU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3tb1il1suo

[quote name='j-cart']So looking at the controls for SFxT, it makes a lot of sense for the condense controls for charge characters.

Just wondering how Tekken characters will play though.[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with your statement?

[quote name='ihadFG']To me, SSX is kind of like the Burnout of snowboarding series. And the new one seems to have a pretty sweet soundtrack. It even has my favorite The Naked and Famous song:[/QUOTE]

Ay, your phone, check it!

I don't understand the Burnout comparison, first the SSX demo was endlessly complicated and you race against ghosts so there's no physical contact.

And what was up with the retarded karate in the helicopter? But yes the soundtrack remixes were well done.

[quote name='Necrozilla']I don't understand the Burnout comparison, first the SSX demo was endlessly complicated and you race against ghosts so there's no physical contact.

And what was up with the retarded karate in the helicopter? But yes the soundtrack remixes were well done.[/QUOTE]

The retarded karate in the helicopter made me immediately do the 'challenge a friend' thing just to unlock the other character.

Got a trap text today from an unknown number.

Start with "Hey Cutie :) "

Made its way to "Who was the last girl you kissed?"

And it was a trap indeed, since I answered it wrong. Honestly though, last time I was out was New Year's and this girl must have been before that. Who waits 3+ months to call/text? (still have no idea whose number it was).

Time to sulk about this at work, I mean not give a shit and work.

They're still trying with those eh?

I dunno, I spent too many moons with a 2nd gen Saturn controller in my hands to be able to deal with something that is trying to be the same thing but not living up to it.

Hey Sega, you need money, make 360/PS3 Saturn pads. Sell them exclusively online through your online store (if you have one). Everyone wins.

Resident Evil Revelaytons continues to impress me. It feels like Resident Evil 1 combined with 4, and it feels like an advancement from 4, not like that shit RE5 was.

[quote name='KingBroly']Resident Evil Revelaytons continues to impress me.[/QUOTE]

I feel like you spelt that wrong.

...is spelt a real word? It's coming up all red squiggly underlined, so I'm kind of confused now. I guess it makes more sense to use 'spelled.'

[quote name='corrosivefrost']fuck you icebeast. :p
and while we're at it, fuck trapcom too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']Yeah, fuck you, icebeast.[/QUOTE]

Why is everyone so riled up about me? haha.

[quote name='BlueScrote']A video that may interest icebeast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3Lj-9npanOI[/QUOTE]

Thanks BlueScrote, that video was indeed interesting, I never had any doubts though. :D

Pictures for everyone:
GET HYPE!

poison_i_by_nebulaluben_d479ibx.jpg

HotPoison.jpg

47691-Crystal_GrazianoFinal_FightPoison.jpg

SmexyPoison.jpg

[quote name='KingBroly']Resident Evil Revelaytons continues to impress me. It feels like Resident Evil 1 combined with 4, and it feels like an advancement from 4, not like that shit RE5 was.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty good.

I should go back to it, I haven't played in awhile.

[quote name='whoknows']It's pretty good.

I should go back to it, I haven't played in awhile.[/QUOTE]

Awhile is an adverb meaning for a while.

You wouldn't say, "I haven't played in for a while." That just doesn't make sense.

So you're wrong, you're terrible at grammar, you suck, and I hate you.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']ggs, guys, even if I was just getting bodied the whole night. :)[/QUOTE]

Gotta pop that cherry somehow.

[quote name='Indignate']You don't study anything.

You're lame, you don't go to school, you live with your boyfriend, and you smoke hookah.[/QUOTE]

I haven't smoked hookah in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back