Best Buy Used DOTW: 10/21/2012 - 10/27/2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1727 replies to this topic

#541 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

So is Dragon Age 2 worth $10? Or...is it worth spending a $10 coupon on?

#542 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

*back from ban camp*

Sweetness. I might get God of War 3 but not really sure as I haven't played the first two. I recently got the PS3 and not sure what cheap games to get. Any under $10 recommendations? I only have MK, Uncharted 3, and RE5 Gold.

Resistance, Killzone 2/3, mgs4, Uncharted 1 and 2 are must plays imo

#543 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

Resistance, Killzone 2/3, mgs4, Uncharted 1 and 2 are must plays imo

What's the upside for Killzone 2 and 3? I hear that they've got a great cover mechanic and good multiplayer, but they seem like pretty derivative FPS's. Is 3's single player any good? Digestible without playing 1 & 2?

#544 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Does anyone know if the DS games are complete?

#545 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

:bomb:

Can't believe this game is over $20 used, elsewhere! Wonder why. Best Buy has spoiled me with their prices.

This is laughing at me. Not available for shipping/unavailable at nearby stores. *hisses*

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218306023792

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#546 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

. *hisses*

holy shit

#547 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Can't believe this game is over $20 used, elsewhere! Wonder why. Best Buy has spoiled me with their prices.

This is laughing at me. Not available for shipping/unavailable at nearby stores and this would work for my personal b2g1. *hisses*

This game was basically clearanced out around Black Friday. It was $9 on the site and at least for me even then was unavailable at any store locations. I'm also waiting for it to be cheap. If it's even half as good as HOTD Overkill with the Move then it's worth adding to my collection.

#548 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

lol where were u when it was like $8 new from bb?

This is laughing at me. Not available for shipping/unavailable at nearby stores. *hisses*

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#549 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

What's the upside for Killzone 2 and 3? I hear that they've got a great cover mechanic and good multiplayer, but they seem like pretty derivative FPS's. Is 3's single player any good? Digestible without playing 1 & 2?

KZ2 and KZ3 are very different in multiplayer versus. KZ2 has much bigger maps and is a bit slower. KZ3 is like CoD on drugs with smaller maps and faster gameplay (it also had insta-kill melee, while KZ2 does not, though it does play a short animation, so it still isn't as quick as it is in the CoD series). I enjoy both of the multiplayers and they're so different that KZ3 isn't necessarily an "upgrade"--just different. Both games are unique because their class system allows significantly different gameplay between medics, engineers, etc. I would play way more of both of them if they were on Xbox where most of my friends are and I just like the interface better. If PS3 were my main system, both of these titles are a must. Hell, PS3 isn't my main system and I still consider these a must.

I've only played a bit of the campaign of KZ2 and none of KZ3 and it was pretty fun, nothing too special (again, don't play PS3 games much).

#550 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Damn MGS4 is cheaper at Gamestop. There goes Snake out the window!:hot:
Posted Image

#551 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

holy shit

Don't get spanked! WHAP! :twisted:

This game was basically clearanced out around Black Friday. It was $9 on the site and at least for me even then was unavailable at any store locations. I'm also waiting for it to be cheap. If it's even half as good as HOTD Overkill with the Move then it's worth adding to my collection.

That HOTD is farrrr from the PSN version HOTD:4! :cold: $16.50 after Bonus at Best Buy. After getting to the end, I found upgrading weapons was a MUST to beat it! Oh well. $1.49 playthrough. I Googled and found Dec 2011 deals for Razing Storm, lol.

lol where were u when it was like $8 new from bb?

Late. Lmao. Just getting interested in this kind of stuff(these rail PS Move games).:dunce:

Edited by ChunLiBarbie, 30 April 2012 - 03:20 AM.
*hisses* again! for getting the 'last edited' to the left

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#552 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

KZ2 and KZ3 are very different in multiplayer versus. KZ2 has much bigger maps and is a bit slower. KZ3 is like CoD on drugs with smaller maps and faster gameplay (it also had insta-kill melee, while KZ2 does not, though it does play a short animation, so it still isn't as quick as it is in the CoD series). I enjoy both of the multiplayers and they're so different that KZ3 isn't necessarily an "upgrade"--just different. Both games are unique because their class system allows significantly different gameplay between medics, engineers, etc. I would play way more of both of them if they were on Xbox where most of my friends are and I just like the interface better. If PS3 were my main system, both of these titles are a must. Hell, PS3 isn't my main system and I still consider these a must.

I've only played a bit of the campaign of KZ2 and none of KZ3 and it was pretty fun, nothing too special (again, don't play PS3 games much).

Xbox is my main console too so I don't get to play KZ3 as much as I like but I do make some time for it. It's just so good. Personally I think KZ2 and 3 is better than most FPS's out there. It's the subtle details like when sprinting, the screen shakes back and forth or when you shoot or jump with your gun and the way it moves - things like that. Also the sound in the games is amazing.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#553 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

Xbox is my main console too so I don't get to play KZ3 as much as I like but I do make some time for it. It's just so good. Personally I think KZ2 and 3 is better than most FPS's out there. It's the subtle details like when sprinting, the screen shakes back and forth or when you shoot or jump with your gun and the way it moves - things like that. Also the sound in the games is amazing.

I've been debating on KX since the first one game out. Might finally get the 3rd one. Though I haven't really played my other FPS games like Halo reach...I hope the single player is good. I only play reach for the multiplayer.:D
Posted Image

#554 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

I've been debating on KX since the first one game out. Might finally get the 3rd one. Though I haven't really played my other FPS games like Halo reach...I hope the single player is good. I only play reach for the multiplayer.:D

Yeah these days I rarely play multiplayer anymore it's just not my thing. I traded in Gears of War 3 right after I was done with the single player and played maybe one match of multiplayer. I usually only play reach multiplayer. KZ3 single player is a lot of fun. Even though your squad mate Rico is annoying (in dialogue) he's one of the best ai companions around. I remember when I was using a turret to clear out the way to the building and as I was entering the building he said something like 'you should probably bring the turret' i didn't even know you could detach them so i went back and bought it along and it helped out a bunch.

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#555 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

Yeah these days I rarely play multiplayer anymore it's just not my thing. I traded in Gears of War 3 right after I was done with the single player and played maybe one match of multiplayer. I usually only play reach multiplayer. KZ3 single player is a lot of fun. Even though your squad mate Rico is annoying (in dialogue) he's one of the best ai companions around. I remember when I was using a turret to clear out the way to the building and as I was entering the building he said something like 'you should probably bring the turret' i didn't even know you could detach them so i went back and bought it along and it helped out a bunch.

Good note on AI. Thank God it's not Natalya from Goldeneye....
Posted Image

#556 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

I don't recall KZ3 having a cover system? It's been a year since I've played it though.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#557 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:46 AM

I don't recall KZ3 having a cover system? It's been a year since I've played it though.

It does have a cover system.

#558 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Im thinking of getting mgshd, da origins ultimate, and recommendations for a third? Flip or play haha for :360:

#559 TheSithAssassin

TheSithAssassin

CAGpocalypse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

Just a heads up. One of Best Buy's Deal of the day is Battlefield 3 for PS3 and 360 for 19.99.

http://www.bestbuy.c...ories&ks=960&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&pu=defaultusr&pt=1335416401

#560 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Just a heads up. One of Best Buy's Deal of the day is Battlefield 3 for PS3 and 360 for 19.99.

http://www.bestbuy.c...ories&ks=960&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&pu=defaultusr&pt=1335416401

:bomb: Why couldn't this DOTD be NEXT week, when the new magazine will be out with a $$ off coupon on the pre-owned copies.

EDIT: Nevermind. That's on NEW copies. Interesting.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#561 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Anyone else having a hell of a time trying to log in?

I've even sent a password reset request, and after getting it fifteen minutes later, I got an error message that the request had "reset", and I'd have to get another reset request again.

#562 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

Anyone else having a hell of a time trying to log in?

I've even sent a password reset request, and after getting it fifteen minutes later, I got an error message that the request had "reset", and I'd have to get another reset request again.

Their website is usually a mess.
Whenever you encounter any errors try using IE, instead of any other browser.

#563 frogkopf

frogkopf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

*back from ban camp*

Sweetness. I might get God of War 3 but not really sure as I haven't played the first two. I recently got the PS3 and not sure what cheap games to get. Any under $10 recommendations? I only have MK, Uncharted 3, and RE5 Gold.

Ratchet and Clank Tools of destruction
Killzone 3
Vanquish
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (don't get the new one though)
Chronicles of Riddick
Resistance
tomb Raider Trilogy
Enslaved
Bioshock 2

#564 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Vanquish

This X1000000. Vanquish was amazing.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#565 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Did anyone confirm this stacks with the coupon for $10 off?

#566 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Did anyone confirm this stacks with the coupon for $10 off?

If you're referring to the store closing coupon, yes it does. I used it on my order. It's like entering a gift card.

#567 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

This X1000000. Vanquish was amazing.

Coolest weapon animations ever?

#568 tommythethumb

tommythethumb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...7&skuId=2566969

Anyone want to find a copy of Call of Duty: Future Warfare? (released 1/1/2049)

Great Scott!

#569 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Great Scott!

When you go to pick it up, can you grab a Gray's Sports Almanac for me also?

#570 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Cubs beat Miami in World Series.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade