CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorpion']Someone who isn't going to use their 10$ off 19.99 or more. COuld you please PM the code. I do not own a magazine, and I feel as if I wont be able to get it by today.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you need the actual coupon with these

[quote name='Scorpion']Someone who isn't going to use their 10$ off 19.99 or more. COuld you please PM the code. I do not own a magazine, and I feel as if I wont be able to get it by today.[/QUOTE]

There's no code, they have to scan the actual coupon. And you can buy a single issue of the mag in store. If you decide to subscribe, you get the the first issue in-store at the time of subscription as well.

Oh ok thank you...i thought it had little numbers under the bar code. Thanks everyone. I do not know if I should buy it. However. It will save me 10$ which would save me 5 for spending 5 on the magazine. I will buy it thanks...DO you recommend the 15$

damn sucks that they don't have Dead Space 2 or Time Crisis in stock at all, but a nice price for dead island, just a little FYI the trade in value for that is $16 still

Is the "PACK DISC" the coupon? If so Halo Reach has a $14.49 discount as well.

I got Halo Reach, Dead Island, and Once Up a Mattress ($10 this week!) and used a shopkick $5 voucher to bring it to $20.48 so that's why I'm wondering if the PACK DISC is the coupon, cause it's hard to read my receipt ha.

But Halo Reach shows a $14.49 PACK DISC and Dead Island shows a $10 PACK DISC -- so looks like Halo Reach is glitched too?

Looks like I need another mag...should have kept the coupon when the cashier offered it back. Oh well $15 for Dead Island is still good.

Anyone know if the games come in the original case?
It says on page that they do but has anyone ever gotten their game without one? Cause I'm considering buying Vanquish.

For people that arent unlocked, the total with coupon for dead island and socom is $10+tax. Just for those that might be using the coupon, its a great investment to sign up for the magazine. I waz stupid and finally signed up this month....should have been a long time ago. Picked up dead island for 5.80 after tax and coupon

[quote name='foster1887']For people that arent unlocked, the total with coupon for dead island and socom is $10+tax. Just for those that might be using the coupon, its a great investment to sign up for the magazine. I waz stupid and finally signed up this month....should have been a long time ago. Picked up dead island for 5.80 after tax and coupon[/QUOTE]

How are you getting Dead Island for that price? Dead Island is $19.99 on both systems according to the BB site. The 10% CGU perk knocks off $1.99, the GCU coupon knocks another $10 off, bringing it to $8 + tax. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I'm not sure why, dead island used for the 360 just rang up at 19.99 for me, after I applied the gamers unlocked coupon it dropped to 5.50 no clue why. This was in Lansing il.

[quote name='Dund3r']How are you getting Dead Island for that price? Dead Island is $19.99 on both systems according to the BB site. The 10% CGU perk knocks off $1.99, the GCU coupon knocks another $10 off, bringing it to $8 + tax. [/QUOTE]

Various games are glitching for various reasons (I got Halo Reach for like $4.XX) it's basically taking $15 off rather than $10 or something weird for various games (Heard Red dead redemption for some, halo reach for me, dead island for others)

[quote name='foster1887']I can confirm socom 4 is $5.50 after coupon and gcu! $5.79 after tax.[/QUOTE]
Confirmed ! Just got my copy of SOCOM 4 and it is $5.50 + tax (after Reward zone members discount and cupon) WOWOOO !!

Was able to pick up Socom 4 for $5.50 with the $10 off coupon. Was gonna pick up Halo Reach also to flip to GameStop but I have 1 coupon left. Trying to save it for Dead Island if I could find it.

[quote name='Foladar']Wish they had Dead Island within 30 miles here, was tempted when it was $12 used, even more tempted when it's $8. Anybody know if you call a local store if they could transfer it from a nearby store?[/QUOTE]
I have heard from other CAGs that you can ask an associate in store to order it for you and they will accept the coupon even though the terms on the coupon says it only works on in store and in stock items. YMMV

[quote name='tylerh1701']Got Dead Island ps3, they still had a couple Xbox copies at the salt lake city best buy. Thanks OP!

Also, it was $5.50 before tax. Anyone know why?[/QUOTE]
Somebody in the other best buy thread(@gamer march coupon thread) said there is a glitch going on with the package discount.

[quote name='tmly']Can you do ship to store and use the coupon? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Check my reply above to foladar. It might also be possible to do a return and rebuy with coupon but you might not get the game in time. Since it takes 3-5 days to ship to store and sale might have ended by then.

[quote name='exaznkid']damn sucks that they don't have Dead Space 2 or Time Crisis in stock at all, but a nice price for dead island, just a little FYI the trade in value for that is $16 still[/QUOTE]
All games in the OP were in stock for shipping when I posted earlier in the morning, check CAG more often. ;)

[quote name='redmangoose']Anyone know if the games come in the original case?
It says on page that they do but has anyone ever gotten their game without one? Cause I'm considering buying Vanquish.[/QUOTE]
Its 50/50, BB has not properly removed that claim off there website on all listings yet. They used to be able to guarantee original case since they did not accept trade ins unless they are complete. Now you can trade in just the disc into BB and they will give you full trade in value.

Well I guess I am going to just order online since the closet BBY with Dead Island is 40 miles round trip. I will use the $5 I would save on gas so I might as well just get it online.

In for Dead Island x360! Will try to get it later today. By the way, does the new version of Dead Island come with an online pass or any other DLC that I should know about? Or am I good to go with the used version? Also, did anyone who got the glitch price try to get their Unlocked 10% off on top of that?

[quote name='ChaosLaw']In for Dead Island x360! Will try to get it later today. By the way, does the new version of Dead Island come with an online pass or any other DLC that I should know about? Or am I good to go with the used version? Also, did anyone who got the glitch price try to get their Unlocked 10% off on top of that?[/QUOTE]

Only if they're douchebags. But seriously, I really hope not.

The Sly Collection is another one that's $19.99 and might ring up for $5.50 after coupon. There's none in my area, so I can't confirm.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Only if they're douchebags. But seriously, I really hope not.[/QUOTE]

the 5.50 only comes up if you scan your gamers unlocked membership card so it already includes the 10% gu discount. douchebag.

[quote name='technicalstylez']the 5.50 only comes up if you scan your gamers unlocked membership card so it already includes the 10% gu discount. douchebag.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

And lol the the guy before: It's always funny where this board draws the line: it's ok to exploit glitches, but taking an additional 10%, that's just blasphemous. Haha.

[quote name='technicalstylez']the 5.50 only comes up if you scan your gamers unlocked membership card so it already includes the 10% gu discount. douchebag.[/QUOTE]

I know this. Those who are douchebags are the ones who would ask for another 10% off the already lower-than-it's-supposed-to-be price.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Thanks.

And lol the the guy before: It's always funny where this board draws the line: it's ok to exploit glitches, but taking an additional 10%, that's just blasphemous. Haha.[/QUOTE]

It's not really exploiting a glitch when that's how it's ringing up, and it would have taken significantly longer to get an override for the higher, correct price. In my opinion, anyway.

[quote name='Believeland']Is there anyway to check if a store has a game preowned online?[/QUOTE]
Yeah just search on bb.com for the game you want, click on the used copy and select find in store

At release Dead Island didn't come with any dlc codes new. I believe the only dlc that came with the game at release was a preorder bonus, you'd have to be pretty lucky to find one with a code for that though.

[quote name='madcyantist']should i pick up both of the uncharteds at these prices? will i be needing any dlc codes?[/QUOTE]

The Uncharted Dual pack has been $20 and that includes the GOTY voucher with a bunch of DLC.

I got the gamer mag for $5 then got my copy of rage for $5, also got a copy of Dead Rising two off the record for $10. But the guy at BB didn't rip out my coupon so I later used it again to get Dead Island for ps3, which was marked at $34 but I got it for $10 .

So let me get this straight... if you use the coupon, but don't have the unlocked gamers account, the games ring up at $10, but if you have an unlocked account, they are glitching to be about $5?

[quote name='Abeja']The Uncharted Dual pack has been $20 and that includes the GOTY voucher with a bunch of DLC.[/QUOTE]
No it has not. It only sold for $20 during the 1st week of January at BB and last month from Tigerdirect which sold out very quick. The MSRP has not dropped from $40 but you can occasionally find it on amazon and newegg for $30 now.

[quote name='djsmf435']Can i use the @gamer coupon online? No stores have Dead Island near me, have to ship to store.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9489479&postcount=65
[quote name='madcyantist']should i pick up both of the uncharteds at these prices? will i be needing any dlc codes?[/QUOTE]
You should pick up Uncharted 1(single player only game so no DLC to worry about) for the $10 at Best Buy and pick up Uncharted 2 Game of the Year edition from newegg for $14.99 (on sale right now which I think it ends either tomorrow or Tuesday).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261250
The game of the year edition for Uncharted 2 comes with a ton of DLC.
[quote name='Gosha']So let me get this straight... if you use the coupon, but don't have the unlocked gamers account, the games ring up at $10, but if you have an unlocked account, they are glitching to be about $5?[/QUOTE]
From what I have read so far about other CAGs getting the glitch, that sounds about right.

[quote name='htz']No it has not. It only sold for $20 during the 1st week of January at BB and last month from Tigerdirect which sold out very quick. The MSRP has not dropped from $40 but you can occasionally find it on amazon and newegg for $30 now.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9489479&postcount=65

You should pick up Uncharted 1(single player only game so no DLC to worry about) for the $10 at Best Buy and pick up Uncharted 2 Game of the Year edition from newegg for $14.99 (on sale right now which I think it ends either tomorrow or Tuesday).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261250
The game of the year edition for Uncharted 2 comes with a ton of DLC.

From what I have read so far about other CAGs getting the glitch, that sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

Tigerdirect had it on sale once more before that recent one. It was in stock for awhile tho.

Still I wouldnt buy it used from BB in this instance. I would buy UC2 GOTY new cause its been on sale alot too for about the same price.

That's why I suggested madcyantist to pick up Uncharted Drake's Fortune at BB for $10, and Uncharted 2 Among Thieves GOTY at newegg brand new for $14.99. Total of $25 which is still pretty good.

Bummer paid the full $10 lol , it's $4 I could have saved extra but oh well

$10 for a like new dead island is a steal B^)

Might try to get Dead Rising 2 off the record for $10 too

[quote name='theking20']Bummer paid the full $10 lol , it's $4 I could have saved extra but oh well

$10 for a like new dead island is a steal B^)

Might try to get Dead Rising 2 off the record for $10 too[/QUOTE]

Yeah I screwed myself out of $4 twice too. You can only get the glitch once per transaction. Since I bought Reach and Dead Island together twice, I only got one each time :(

[quote name='metal militia']had 2 coupons so i picked up dead island and socom 4. Each rang up for $5.91 with tax.
**** yeah!!!! :d[/quote]
this!!!!

went back to bb..saw a skinny nerdy lookin fool opening up dead island right outside the store. went in and upstairs. found halo reach, no more dead islands. clerk scanned the coupon for me since im gcu but haven't received the mag- started talkin to him about raccoon city and then skinny nerdy lookin dude from outside shows up w/ dead island and asks where to do game trade ins. i tell him downstairs at cs. clerk and i start talking about me3 and then a kid and his dad come up and i see his games (w/bb used game stickers on back), mw3 and something else. i ask if they wanna trade in games, they say yeah, i say go downstairs to cs. dad is mad cuz they told him to go upstairs. he curses in chinese as they headback downstairs and clerk and i have a laugh. i say peace to the clerk and head downstairs, laughing at the guy currenly trading in his just bought dead island and the angry chinese dad and his embarassed teenager son. dunno if they were cags or from slick deals, but both made laugh. got dead island 360, halo reach, and ff xiii-2 w/novella+slipcase (tru pm) for $46 in bb credit along with some good laughs. what a great sunday :lol:

[quote name='immortalfireboy']Left confused, but happy.[/QUOTE]
That is like totally the opposite of what happens at BB. :lol: Nice to know many of you guys got in on a better than expected deal for Dead Island. Wish I could had participated in it but already bought it from glyde a few months ago for $19 during that free ship promo.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Dead Island on PS3 or X360? Which is better?[/QUOTE]
On the console side of things, Sony's system offers up a small lead in image quality, with a sharper presentation and better texture filtering giving the game a mildly clearer look to it. But at the same time it's a real shame that Techland couldn't deliver a suitable level of performance to go along with the slightly better presentation on offer. There's no getting away from the fact that the various issues with heavy frame-rate drops and near continuous screen-tearing more than outweigh the benefits in other areas. In that respect, the Microsoft platform is home to the most consistent gameplay experience, and one that comes with very little cost when it comes down to the overall look of the game. As such, it should be the number one choice for those without a semi-decent PC.
Based on digital foundry's tech analysis the 360 version is the better version. Not sure if Dead Island's devs have patched the game up since like Bethesda did with skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back