CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up dead island for 360, 5.93 after tax. One left. Sorry, didn't check ps3. This is at the Irvine (lake forest store, btw)

Closest BBY with a 360 copy of Dead Island is too far for me to drive to justify it.

Willing to grab a PS3 copy and trade it for a 360 copy if someone is having a hard time finding one.

Dead Island came out to $5.89 after tax and it also came complete so I'm happy.

2 more 360 copies at the garden state plaza BBY (one disc only copy)

2 more copies of Dead Island left at the Rockaway Mall in NJ.

For those that go, make sure they scan your card or put in your phone #! They ALWAYS ask this no matter what I'm buying, and today the girl seemed to be rushing me out and it ranged up as $9.99 plus tax. I asked her about the 10% off with my phone number and thats when it showed up as $5.50.

Thanks OP snagged Dead Island on PS3 for 4.95 (BFT) they had no 360 versions but plenty of PS3 versions on hand, (Frisco Tx, Stone Brier Shopping mall) Also Picked Yakuza dead souls with my Mass Effect3 coupon, plus $15 dollars in RWZ creds took my total to $ 34 and some change.

I seen alot of people looking for 360 version, I was hoping to find it but all gone, is their
a big difference between the two?

[quote name='Donut2922']You're probably right good catch but it doesn't explain the $25 used games. I picked up KZ3 ($25) for $10.50 plus tax. Perhaps the precalculated discount applies to all games $19.99 and above.[/QUOTE]

So are all $24.99 games getting this discount? Driver San Francisco might be a good pick up for $10.50.

I think I may have figured out the Socom 4/Dead Island/Halo Reach 'glitch'. Maybe their system is still registering these games as $44.99 in the system, so the GCU discount is taking off 10% of that value? I know it's been a while since DI was $44.99, but this is a possibility.

Absolutely no copies of vanquish or time crisis in any Best Buys in the Pennsylvania area. I find that a bit hard to believe.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think I may have figured out the Socom 4/Dead Island/Halo Reach 'glitch'. Maybe their system is still registering these games as $44.99 in the system, so the GCU discount is taking off 10% of that value? I know it's been a while since DI was $44.99, but this is a possibility.[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. It shows regular price of 24.99 on my receipt. I think the most plausible explanation is taking off 10% of both the regular price and discount price of 19.99 as someone posted earlier.

[quote name='mrclutch']It's giving the unlocked discout on the reg price. The math proves it. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Is there any trick to when you give them your GCU #?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Is there any trick to when you give them your GCU #?[/QUOTE]

From what I observed, the cashier was having issues which the sequence. Looks like you have to get out of cashier mode, scan the card and then scan the coupon. If you scan the coupon first then the GCU, it seems to erase the coupon. The price flopped around from $9.99 to $19.99 a couple times until he got the sequence correct.

However, the computer has a particular sequence that it requires so I think you should be ok otherwise, the cashier will get a dialog box that they did it incorrectly.

Got DI PS3 for $5.96 in the end. Left one for the next guy.

Interesting thing at my BB was that they got away with doing the shrink wrap (pinch the ends style) and the newer stuff has the Y fold style wrapping. It was loose so you knew it was a rewrap vs. a factory Y fold.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']So are all $24.99 games getting this discount? Driver San Francisco might be a good pick up for $10.50.[/QUOTE]

I would guess so yes. Others have reported other $25 games to work out to $10. With a variety of confirms, it appears to be system wide instead of title specific.

Possible Calculation for Dead Island
Preowned Sale Price: $19.99
Coupon Discount (10.00)
Unlocked Discount
(Based on Systems Reg Price of
$24.99 x 10%) (2.49)
Possible Stacking discount
(Based on Current Sales
Price of $19.99) (1.99)
Cost of Game $5.51

Wish i can find a copy later.. hehe!

why is it only the 360 versions that are going down to 5 tho? odd that the ps3 versions arent.
and even at these prices if you could find 360 and didnt want to buy a mag or whatever, you could buy it for 20/18 and trade it back for 24/25. lol
the other games were socom4 and halo reach i believe...

Well I tried to buy Dead Island after work today but came out empty handed. I got all excited when I saw a 360 copy front and center only to discover that the bottom of the case was busted and the disc was gone. No Halo Reach but I did find a PS3 version of DI that was marked $34.99. I had the guy at the game desk scan it for me to make sure it was $19.99 (yes) and took it up to the front for checkout. The clerk futzed a bit, entered things wrong, tried again and then decided that the game was actually ringing up at $17.99 so the coupon wouldn't work. I was irritated enough that the price was marked wrong twice that I didn't realize until I got halfway home that $17.99 already reflected my 10% unlocked discount and the coupon should have worked just fine. :wall:

[quote name='Velo214']why is it only the 360 versions that are going down to 5 tho? odd that the ps3 versions arent.
and even at these prices if you could find 360 and didnt want to buy a mag or whatever, you could buy it for 20/18 and trade it back for 24/25. lol
the other games were socom4 and halo reach i believe...[/QUOTE]

My Mid Rivers Mall PS3 version was knocked down to $5.97 automatically.

Grabbed 2 DI on 360, Halo Reach, LA Noire 360, and SOCOM 4 all for about 5.88 or less. Had 2 coupons already and just had to buy one mag that she let me keep.

Anyone want these, PM me a price.

[quote name='mrclutch']Quick question. Does dead Island have an online code that you need? Also does anyone know if it has two player co-op?[/QUOTE]
No to online code
Yes to co-op.

[quote name='mrclutch']Quick question. Does dead Island have an online code that you need? Also does anyone know if it has two player co-op?[/QUOTE]

DI does not have an online code and unfortunately, no couch two player offline co-op.

Went to the local BB but only found PS3 DI, No halo Reach which was the reason I went. So I traded in my own PS3 DI and bulletstorm and rebought them with coupons :/ made a lil credit but no go on halo.

[quote name='leftwing1018']Weird. I picked up 2 Dead Islands for PS3 and one rang up 9.99 and the other 5.50... o_O[/QUOTE]

The glitch only occurs once per transaction. Should have bought the items separately.

[quote name='Abeja']Grabbed 2 DI on 360, Halo Reach, LA Noire 360, and SOCOM 4 all for about 5.88 or less. Had 2 coupons already and just had to buy one mag that she let me keep.

Anyone want these, PM me a price.[/QUOTE]

LOL. 1 dollar Bob! Your hoarding won't be rewarded here, certainly not from me anyway.

[quote name='Dund3r']LOL. 1 dollar Bob! Your hoarding won't be rewarded here, certainly not from me anyway.[/QUOTE]

This!

[quote name='Dund3r']LOL. 1 dollar Bob! Your hoarding won't be rewarded here, certainly not from me anyway.[/QUOTE]

Ouch dude! So insulted! Me selling the game incredibly discounted is so bad for everyone! And you used "hoarding", sounds so extreme.

Next time just dont reply? Cause I really could care less what a dumb fuck like you has to say.

[quote name='knightsdwn']The glitch only occurs once per transaction. Should have bought the items separately.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what happened, but I purchased (1) PS3 DI and SC4 for $5.50 yesterday. Went back today to get another copy of DI and it rang up $9.99. Not exactly sure why but I GCU discount wasn't applied even though she scanned my RZ card. I still purchased because that's still a really good deal.

For the people wondering about the glitch, it's very simple to understand. It's not taking an extra amount off by doing it twice. It's giving you the max amount off. The most expensive used game is $44.99; 10% of 44.99 is $4.49. That's not rounding up. Their POS is setup to "package" the $10 off coupon together. That's why you see the $14.49 off. It did this one MLB 11 as well, and it will do it on any game priced $19.99 or higher. Sucks you can only do this one game at a time though.

[quote name='coopscohen']Not sure what happened, but I purchased (1) PS3 DI and SC4 for $5.50 yesterday. Went back today to get another copy of DI and it rang up $9.99. Not exactly sure why but I GCU discount wasn't applied even though she scanned my RZ card. I still purchased because that's still a really good deal.[/QUOTE]

I believe another CAG stated that there's a certain order the cashier needs to ring up the coupon and Reward Zone account for everything to go through smoothly. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the post.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I believe another CAG stated that there's a certain order the cashier needs to ring up the coupon and Reward Zone account for everything to go through smoothly. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the post.[/QUOTE]
They scanned my RZ card last on every transaction yesterday. So I'm not so sure that you absolutely HAVE to do it as others have pointed out. Each copy of Dead Island I bought went down to $5.50 after they packaged out everything.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They scanned my RZ card last on every transaction yesterday. So I'm not so sure that you absolutely HAVE to do it as others have pointed out. Each copy of Dead Island I bought went down to $5.50 after they packaged out everything.[/QUOTE]

wait so how does dead island go down to 5.50???

[quote name='kayne2000']wait so how does dead island go down to 5.50???[/QUOTE]
Apparently the system is taking TWO discounts for the Gamer's Club Unlocked this week($2.49 and $2.00) for both the game's normal price and current sale price. Couple that with the $10 off $19.99 used game coupon in this month's @Gamer and you end up with the $5.50 price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Apparently the system is taking TWO discounts for the Gamer's Club Unlocked this week($2.49 and $2.00) for both the game's normal price and current sale price. Couple that with the $10 off $19.99 used game coupon in this month's @Gamer and you end up with the $5.50 price.[/QUOTE]

well shoot i should of snagged dead island today....oh well. i need to go back there tommorrow. since i think i found my netbook on their tradein site and it says theyll give me 65 dollars for it which ill take since the thing turns on loads....but does nothing else(how much do they check do you know????). and i have neither patience nor desire to fix it which im scared to see how long a OS install will take on this crappy thing. which is good there are no important files on there that im aware of.

so hopefully all the numbers match i just cant find the SKU number which makes sense as i dont have the box and i think that is the barcode number.

[quote name='kayne2000']well shoot i should of snagged dead island today....oh well. i need to go back there tommorrow. since i think i found my netbook on their tradein site and it says theyll give me 65 dollars for it which ill take since the thing turns on loads....but does nothing else(how much do they check do you know????). and i have neither patience nor desire to fix it which im scared to see how long a OS install will take on this crappy thing. which is good there are no important files on there that im aware of.

so hopefully all the numbers match i just cant find the SKU number which makes sense as i dont have the box and i think that is the barcode number.[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't pass the functionality test then they won't take it in. Just a heads up. Has to be in working condition.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']If it doesn't pass the functionality test then they won't take it in. Just a heads up. Has to be in working condition.[/QUOTE]
what is the functionality test??? it works. its just mind numbingly slow.

[quote name='Borellius']Just an FYI dead islands' trade in value just dropped to 6 bucks for both systems. Guess i shouldn't have waited.[/QUOTE]
That's why I'm glad I didn't wait this time.:)

Man I was hoping I could pay for college on Deas Island flips:)
Glad I kept one to play. Thinking about picking one up for a buddy so we can play coop.

My next closest store originally had 1-3 copies of the PS3 version about a month ago. But with all of the B2G1 sales they've been doing on pre-owned stuff it quickly disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back