CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorpion']Awww man :/.. Does the coupon work.. I guess 15 for it is OK instead of 10[/QUOTE]

yeah the coupon will bring it to 15. still not a bad deal

[quote name='akir']yeah the coupon will bring it to 15. still not a bad deal[/QUOTE]

do you know what rss inventory is, or where i can see the rss inventory prices?

Looks like the $14.50 discount isnt working anymore. A couple of peeps in the @gamer thread have reported that the $10 preowned discount needs to be manually deducted now :/

[quote name='Donut2922']Looks like the $14.50 discount isnt working anymore. A couple of peeps in the @gamer thread have reported that the $10 preowned discount needs to be manually deducted now :/[/QUOTE]
I can confirm this. On my trip tonight the cashier tried to use the coupon but it would not ring up automatically so he did a manual override and my total was $13.50 plus tax for Dead Island with the coupon and 10% Gamers Unlocked discount.

[quote name='chuckywang']Yeah, what's up with the preowned coupon now?[/QUOTE]

I think Bbuy had enough of the glitch and either went overboard or this is the result of another glitch from them trying to fix it.

I tried to buy Darksouls used about an hour ago. It looked like it was giving me my 10% unlocked discount but every time the cashier tried to apply the coupon it wouldn't take the $10 off (kept showing 0.00). I tried to explain that I should be getting both 10% and $10 off but that went in one ear and out the other. Finally got them to bring the manager down and talked back and forth about double dipping before he agreed to adjust the price for the difference.

Dunno if it was that store or not (I usually don't go to this one but they had dark souls used in stock). Hopefully it doesn't become a pain in the neck to get the kickass deals we've gotten used to.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Same issue here only the managers at my local BB decided to be pricks about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had this same problem too. The guy was like it's double dipping. However it always worked before. I think they purposely broke it because of the glitch on the 10%.

[quote name='chuckywang']Yeah, what's up with the preowned coupon now?[/QUOTE]

The coupon works when you DON'T use your rewardzone card. I know because I tried both methods when I bought Red Dead Redemption today and it didn't work initially when when I used the card. When we re-did the transaction it worked fine without the card. So u can either get $10 off or $2.

how did you get it for $5.50? i just bought it for $14.99 but it was more like $30. $15 mag $15 game. could i just have taken the coupon out of the mag instead of buying it?

maintenance= nuking tivs and raising prices of used games. :whistle2:#

[quote name='htz']:lol: Yeah the whole BB website is down until 3PM tomorrow due to maintenance.[/QUOTE]

I have said the last few days...BBY knows about CAG and they read these threads now...these glitches in the system will take shorter and shorter to shore up.

I managed to lower my Best Buy's Dead Island back to 20 from the manager....however he did not take the 10%off because supposedly it wouldn't work with the 10$ off but hey I got it for 10.81 still not bad. I used a 10 $ gift card so i spent .81 cents on Dead Island. Also, I have a question, are all the preowned games at Best BUy sealed? Does Best Buy reseal them or something? because my Dead Island is sealed just wondering, and I haven't opened it yet.

[quote name='Scorpion']I managed to lower my Best Buy's Dead Island back to 20 from the manager....however he did not take the 10%off because supposedly it wouldn't work with the 10$ off but hey I got it for 10.81 still not bad. I used a 10 $ gift card so i spent .81 cents on Dead Island. Also, I have a question, are all the preowned games at Best BUy sealed? Does Best Buy reseal them or something? because my Dead Island is sealed just wondering, and I haven't opened it yet.[/QUOTE]

ya they reseal all the games. the stores ship to warehouses- they clean/resurface/reseal the games, and then ship them out to stores

[quote name='technicalstylez']ya they reseal all the games. the stores ship to warehouses- they clean/resurface/reseal the games, and then ship them out to stores[/QUOTE]

if i break the seal, and it doesn't work could i still return it?

I'm actually surprised at the condition of their used games. Puts Gamestop to shame.

Either they have the best refurb machine ever or dumb ass kids who treat their games like crap don't know you can trade into BB and only trade into GS.

Who was the dude who found a cockroach in his gamestop game? And then got banned over it here?

[quote name='confoosious']I'm actually surprised at the condition of their used games. Puts Gamestop to shame.

Either they have the best refurb machine ever or dumb ass kids who treat their games like crap don't know you can trade into BB and only trade into GS.

Who was the dude who found a cockroach in his gamestop game? And then got banned over it here?[/QUOTE]

im going to guess kids dont know about other places.

and tell me i must know....who found a cockroach in a game, how did this happen, and how did they get banned????

COD's new motto....our game is so awesome even the bugs cant keep their hands off it

[quote name='confoosious']I'm actually surprised at the condition of their used games. Puts Gamestop to shame.

Who was the dude who found a cockroach in his gamestop game? And then got banned over it here?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. All of the copies of Dead Island I got looked like they had "fallen off a truck." Anyone know if Best Buy converts new stock to used? The discs looked impeccable.

[quote name='edavis0780']I agree with you. All of the copies of Dead Island I got looked like they had "fallen off a truck." Anyone know if Best Buy converts new stock to used? The discs looked impeccable.[/QUOTE]

Ive been thinking that they do convert new into used for a while now. With these new trade in limits being made i can see this happening due to the fact that their trade in numbers will drasticaly drop

Can anyone tell me how much Brotherhood plays into the Assasin's Creed story? I always thought it was just a side story but seeing this one on sale for $18 and I'm tempted to pick up Revelations when it goes down to $20, will I miss a lot skipping brotherhood and going to Revelations?

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Can anyone tell me how much Brotherhood plays into the Assasin's Creed story? I always thought it was just a side story but seeing this one on sale for $18 and I'm tempted to pick up Revelations when it goes down to $20, will I miss a lot skipping brotherhood and going to Revelations?[/QUOTE]

story line wise....AC1 i didnt finish....though this one im suspecting would help a lot as AC1 and Revelations get tied together a bit here and there. one of the reasons i want to play it

AC 2 is crucial

brotherhood is fairly crucial too. i would not recommend skipping it.

revelations is probably storywise the least crucial but i did enjoy it enough. there just wasnt enough new added to the story in this one and if you paid 60 for it i can see why people would be upset. if you are to skip any storywise revelations is the one to do it. but there is enough tie ins and enough flashbacks especially to make it worth it for 20.

i would say yea you would miss a lot skipping past brotherhood.

I'm beyond annoyed. I went back to my local best buy to speak with customer service about lowering the price on Dead Island, for Xbox, for my son which is listed as $34.99 to $19.99, which is the current deal is on the website. I also tried for a second time to use my $10.00 off pre-owned coupon. The store refused and told me to call corporate as the back of the coupon excludes sale priced items. I asked him where it was on the coupon that excluded $10.00, he wasn't able to point to it. I spoke to two different managers on two different occasions. Best Buy customer service sucks! Rant over!! He wanted me to spend $19.99 on a game I should be getting $9.99 for. Now I know why I didn't join the gamers club because the Best Buy around me sucks. I can't wait until 3:00 pm est to call corporate and tell them about my issue with this store.

on the back, coupon says in bold: Markdowns taken from sale prices.
they lied to you; your bb staff sucks, but bb corporate customer service is actually pretty good.
also, yesterday they changed the price to 24.99, so it wasn't on sale for 19.99 anymore.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']I'm beyond annoyed. I went back to my local best buy to speak with customer service about lowering the price on Dead Island, for Xbox, for my son which is listed as $34.99 to $19.99, which is the current deal is on the website. I also tried for a second time to use my $10.00 off pre-owned coupon. The store refused and told me to call corporate as the back of the coupon excludes sale priced items. I asked him where it was on the coupon that excluded $10.00, he wasn't able to point to it. I spoke to two different managers on two different occasions. Best Buy customer service sucks! Rant over!! He wanted me to spend $19.99 on a game I should be getting $9.99 for. Now I know why I didn't join the gamers club because the Best Buy around me sucks. I can't wait until 3:00 pm est to call corporate and tell them about my issue with this store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']on the back, coupon says in bold: Markdowns taken from sale prices.
they lied to you; your bb staff sucks, but bb corporate customer service is actually pretty good.
also, yesterday they changed the price to 24.99, so it wasn't on sale for 19.99 anymore.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I went on Monday and spoke with one manager and he only allowed to lower it to $19.99 per the website at the time. I was unaware they raised the price back to $24.99, since the website is down, regardless my experience at Best Buy was terrible and the customer service/team members are terrible. Thanks for the heads up on the price raising to $24.99.

So has the issue with the 10% and the $10 off preowned coupon been fixed yet. I hate how when I was in BB last night they acted like I was trying to bend them over and fuck them when the 10% has always stacked despite what they tried to say. I look like a dick for getting pissed when they got rude with me.

The used game stock at Best Buy is probably so impeccable because most of the people who trade in to Best Buy are people like us. Normal people don't know you can trade there and don't care to, so I bet a LOT of the games they get are flips that are brand new with the seal taken off.

As far as the customer service goes, I've had only nightmare after nightmare with them, honestly.

I could only find one copy of Dead Island at my local BB in Santa Rosa, CA and it had a sticker on it of $24.99. I had an employee scan it along with the $10 of coupon and it wouldn't read for some reason. I only wanted to take $2 off.

I contacted Best Buy corporate, after being sent to the sales phone loop, the @ gamer phone loop, transferred to the consumer relations loop which disconnected the call and back to the consumer relations phone loop on the 4th attempt. I spoke with a consumer relations rep. and explained the situation per my previous posts on using the $10.00 pre-owned coupon on the pre-owned game (Dead Island). Quick re-cap two different managers on two different days refused to allow me to use $10.00 @ game pre-owned coupon on Dead Island because $19.99 was a sale price and the @ gamer coupon was "excluded" for that purchase per the store managers. The rep. eventually understood the situation, a complaint was subsequently filed with the manager of the store and I am getting a $15.00 gift card in the mail. The $15.00 gift card is to make up the difference in price since Dead Island is no longer marked at $19.99 and is now $24.99. I can use the $15.00 credit and still pay $10.00 for the game like I originally want too. After this ordeal, I don't even know if I want the damn game, it was the principle and headache that Best Buy management wasn't listening to its customers (me in this case).

[quote name='Appleinthetree']I contacted Best Buy corporate, after being sent to the sales phone loop, the @ gamer phone loop, transferred to the consumer relations loop which disconnected the call and back to the consumer relations phone loop on the 4th attempt. I spoke with a consumer relations rep. and explained the situation per my previous posts on using the $10.00 pre-owned coupon on the pre-owned game (Dead Island). Quick re-cap two different managers on two different days refused to allow me to use $10.00 @ game pre-owned coupon on Dead Island because $19.99 was a sale price and the @ gamer coupon was "excluded" for that purchase per the store managers. The rep. eventually understood the situation, a complaint was subsequently filed with the manager of the store and I am getting a $15.00 gift card in the mail. The $15.00 gift card is to make up the difference in price since Dead Island is no longer marked at $19.99 and is now $24.99. I can use the $15.00 credit and still pay $10.00 for the game like I originally want too. After this ordeal, I don't even know if I want the damn game, it was the principle and headache that Best Buy management wasn't listening to its customers (me in this case).[/QUOTE]

With ur $15 gc, u can get ff13-2 for free on Sunday instead... :)

[quote name='cruzadel']with ur $15 gc, u can get ff13-2 for free on sunday instead... :)[/quote]listen up, boy! You can't use a coupon when a game is on sale! Ya hear?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Does $10 off mean a FREE pre owned game, other than tax, if it's under $10?[/QUOTE]

No its $10.00 off any pre owned game valued at $19.99 or higher.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Does $10 off mean a FREE pre owned game, other than tax, if it's under $10?[/QUOTE]
Won't work. Game has to be $19.99 or over after even after the sale price.

[quote name='tribalnoise']listen up, boy! You can't use a coupon when a game is on sale! Ya hear?[/B][/QUOTE]

[quote name='klimb22']Wrong.[/QUOTE]

I THINK this was a joke? :bouncy:

[quote name='tribalnoise']listen up, boy! You can't use a coupon when a game is on sale! Ya hear?[/B][/QUOTE]

Listen up, boy! Before opening ur mouth, be 100% sure u know what ur talkin about. Otherwise, STFU! Ya hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back