CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cruzadel']With ur $15 gc, u can get ff13-2 for free on Sunday instead... :)[/QUOTE]

Good idea my gift card won't be here for 7-10 days though.

[quote name='Enuf']Working a way to get 20% off used games by getting a Silver spending tier added to the GCU program along with other perks that were lost when the GC went away from being free.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807[/QUOTE]
This would only be good if you spend $2500 in a year at BB though, right? Either that or you're one of the lucky ones who got upgraded to Premier Silver for free for this next year.

If it's that ya gotta spend $2500 just to get an additional 10% off, then I'll pass Enuf.

In other news, I got them to order me a :ps3: copy of Dead Island AND apply the $10 off $19.99 coupon to it. It should be available 4/3/12 at my closest store.:D Now I just gotta figure out how to get them to gimme the $2.49 back for the GCU discount I didn't get when they made the order, thus making it $12 something.:booty:

[quote name='Enuf']Working a way to get 20% off used games by getting a Silver spending tier added to the GCU program along with other perks that were lost when the GC went away from being free.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807[/QUOTE]
I personally don't think we need a GC silver, just so BB has a reason to hike the membership fee and move the current offers we are getting to GC silver. $15 is good enough for the awesome coupons and a mediocre magazine. Buying $60 games day 1 at least once a month is kinda dumb for 20% off used games when gamefly can do better each quarter for free.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This would only be good if you spend $2500 in a year at BB though, right? Either that or you're one of the lucky ones who got upgraded to Premier Silver for free for this next year.

If it's that ya gotta spend $2500 just to get an additional 10% off, then I'll pass Enuf.[/QUOTE]not $2500 at all, just $1000. If you buy 12 new release in a yr that's $720 add a system & you got the $1000. But the perks aren't going to be geared to just new releases as I know this isn't for all. The 20% would be for used games & 10% off ALL gaming products...items that can't be discounted would net the 10% in a instant BB GC or RZ points.
Also, getting more b2g1 coupons along with others more frequently than once or twice a yr. Coupons that net $10-$20 pre-order credit that can be used on ANY title not just ones pre-selected by BB. Possibly the return of $10 RZ for $150 spent on gaming as well. Basically, getting the old GC back plus more freedom to make our own deals. The 5 for $100 deal updated with your choice of 5 games not just a BB list of 15.

[quote name='htz']I personally don't think we need a GC silver, just so BB has a reason to hike the membership fee and move the current offers we are getting to GC silver. $15 is good enough for the awesome coupons and a mediocre magazine. Buying $60 games day 1 at least once a month is kinda dumb for 20% off used games when gamefly can do better each quarter for free.[/QUOTE]I'm not just going for 20% off used games this would be geared towards "hardcore" gamers or high volume game purchasers. Even if you get cheap $5-$15 game like we get now enough of them can add up to the Silver tier but if the deals are proper BB can genuinely become the place to purchase games which is what they want.

[quote name='Enuf']not $2500 at all, just $1000. If you buy 12 new release in a yr that's $720 add a system & you got the $1000. But the perks aren't going to be geared to just new releases as I know this isn't for all. The 20% would be for used games & 10% off ALL gaming products...items that can't be discounted would net the 10% in a instant BB GC or RZ points.
Also, getting more b2g1 coupons along with others more frequently than once or twice a yr. Coupons that net $10-$20 pre-order credit that can be used on ANY title not just ones pre-selected by BB. Possibly the return of $10 RZ for $150 spent on gaming as well. Basically, getting the old GC back plus more freedom to make our own deals. The 5 for $100 deal updated with your choice of 5 games not just a BB list of 15.

I'm not just going for 20% off used games this would be geared towards "hardcore" gamers or high volume game purchasers. Even if you get cheap $5-$15 game like we get now enough of them can add up to the Silver tier but if the deals are proper BB can genuinely become the place to purchase games which is what they want.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I don't even think I spent $1000 at BB in a year and even if I did it was all in gaming credit, which DOES NOT usually count towards the $2500 for Premier Silver. So unless they change it to where gift cards count towards this idea of yours, I'll stick to my regular GCU. Thanks.:booty::razz:

[quote name='cancerman1120']I THINK this was a joke? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]correct. the manager didn't let him use coupons on sale items before, they probably won't now. he was given a $15 gift card as a way of saying "we can't do anything about it, so here's $15 to solve your problem."

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This would only be good if you spend $2500 in a year at BB though, right? Either that or you're one of the lucky ones who got upgraded to Premier Silver for free for this next year.

If it's that ya gotta spend $2500 just to get an additional 10% off, then I'll pass Enuf.

In other news, I got them to order me a :ps3: copy of Dead Island AND apply the $10 off $19.99 coupon to it. It should be available 4/3/12 at my closest store.:D Now I just gotta figure out how to get them to gimme the $2.49 back for the GCU discount I didn't get when they made the order, thus making it $12 something.:booty:[/QUOTE]

They upgraded me to Premier Silver for free. They actually took away my Gamers Club Unlocked for some reason and when I called to fix it, they said no problem and to check back in a few days. The next thing I know I log onto my Reward Zone account and I'm a Premier Silver member, I can't complain.

The best part is that when BB messes sending me a gift card(ME3 for instance) they have a dedicated number for PS members and I talk to someone every time within 30 seconds and they always help me. The lady I spoke to about not getting my ME3 gift card gave me a free $20 card and another $5 for having to call in. They also sent me my original $20 gift card on top of that this week as well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: I don't even think I spent $1000 at BB in a year and even if I did it was all in gaming credit, which DOES NOT usually count towards the $2500 for Premier Silver. So unless they change it to where gift cards count towards this idea of yours, I'll stick to my regular GCU. Thanks.:booty::razz:[/QUOTE]I already thought of that which is why in the link there's more than 1 way to get access to the GCU Silver status w/o spending $1000 either just pay $30. But for 2X as much for reg. GCU the benefits are greatly improved the fact that you'll have more control of what deals you what & what games that makes it easy to stack stuff. How many times do you see people wishing completelyy seperate games where involved in a specific deal? Well, that all changes & if your savvy CAG having more control over the deals in advance will definitely work in your favor. I would never agree to spend even more money unless the benefits were great, right now the GCU is great & $15 a yr is small but if the program was to offer more similar deals 10X more often wouldn't you have interest?

im kinda confused, it says here dead island base preowned price is 19.99 but when i hit the link its 24.99. just like left 4 dead 2...can someone answer this question? did the games stop going on sale?

[quote name='paayter']im kinda confused, it says here dead island base preowned price is 19.99 but when i hit the link its 24.99. just like left 4 dead 2...can someone answer this question? did the games stop going on sale?[/QUOTE]

went off sale.

got to get rid of coupon. which of these games has the most monetary value ie trade or sell? I was too late for Dead island assuming a store had it.

I don't recall seeing any of these last time I actually went through the used section of several stores.

[quote name='Enuf']I would never agree to spend even more money unless the benefits were great, right now the GCU is great & $15 a yr is small but if the program was to offer more similar deals 10X more often wouldn't you have interest?[/QUOTE]
Nope. I'm a real cheapass and I'd want the additional bennies without paying a dime more over the $15 level.:booty::razz:

yeah i got premier silver also. i never spent any real cash at bestbuy last year, so tradeins and giftcards must have counted. 2500 flipping is crazy tho, odd.

what's this silver # we can call?

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i got premier silver also. i never spent any real cash at bestbuy last year, so tradeins and giftcards must have counted. 2500 flipping is crazy tho, odd.

what's this silver # we can call?[/QUOTE]

It will be on the RZ account page.

1-866-RZ-PREMR (1-866-797-7367)

It is pretty nice...basically a direct line to an English speaking CS rep. They are very nice and if they do not get it right the first call you almost always get a bonus cert (my experience). Plus if they cannot figure it out they will just issue customer satisfaction points to get it right. It has been almost as useful as the 45 day PM window for me.

[quote name='confoosious']went off sale.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. I was just there and it still rings up $19.99, in store only.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i got premier silver also. i never spent any real cash at bestbuy last year, so tradeins and giftcards must have counted. 2500 flipping is crazy tho, odd.

what's this silver # we can call?[/QUOTE]

I called and bitched about my points expiring and the guy said he will send a request to make me silver. He also said I should get 250 points (rounded up from 162 expired) in my account. Nothing has changed in my account. Hopefully everything goes through, but I am not holding my breath.

Do the "new" used deals of the week drop tomorrow or tuesday? If I am going to be there tomorrow I might as well wait to see if they show up.

Updated OP for this week.
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D for $12.49 AC and B2G1 on pre-owned games are the notable deals for this week.

:ps3::360:Dead Space 2 is only $7.99 ($7.19 w/ Unlocked). It's not available for shipping, so in-store only. If it doesn't ring up at that price, just have them match their website. And don't forget about the B2G1.

If u can find a GS that still has it, Rock Band Unplugged is $10 new, $3 used there. One of the best games on the PSP IMO. Not many songs to download but nice selection on the disk.

quick question.... i purchased 2 used games from best buy this month.......... at different times....
can I go in and have them pricematch me their sale?? of buy 2 used games get one free....?
anyone try this form of cheapery?

[quote name='canvasch']quick question.... i purchased 2 used games from best buy this month.......... at different times....
can I go in and have them pricematch me their sale?? of buy 2 used games get one free....?
anyone try this form of cheapery?[/QUOTE]
What your trying to do isn't exactly called price matching more like buy something get something free matching. :D Its up to the employee/manager if they will do it, doesn't hurt to ask.

I also want to add, BB doesn't do price matching on used games though.

[quote name='dino88']:ps3::360:Dead Space 2 is only $7.99 ($7.19 w/ Unlocked). It's not available for shipping, so in-store only. If it doesn't ring up at that price, just have them match their website. And don't forget about the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

It does so no need to PM. I bought one last week. I didn't get the 10% off cause they were having issues but I wasn't going to quibble over 80 cents.

Question. A few hours ago I ordered 3 games online with the b2g1. My order status says two of the games are in the process of being fulfilled. One of the games has backorder status. I'm worried that I will forget about this and not need / want it later. The backordered game was not the "free" game. Can I cancel the backordered game? How does that work?

[quote name='sninh']anyone know if the 10% off pre owned is working now?[/QUOTE]

the 10% that stacks for gamers unlocked members? Yeah it worked for me when I ordered online a few days ago for store pickup. What I don't know is if the 10$ off pre-owned coupon works or not.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nope. I'm a real cheapass and I'd want the additional bennies without paying a dime more over the $15 level.:booty::razz:[/QUOTE]it's cool you can be a real cheapass but in order for you to enjoy these deals for many many months to come the GC program must remain strong thru new release deals too there has to be a healthy mix or all the deals go away or become blah. Nobody wants to see the coupons return to "markdowns taken off regular prices" again.

My goal is to get BB to offer the DOTD's that they had last yr all yr long, the current $5-$20 game deals, 20% discount of all used gaming products, 10% off all gaming items, $10 extra pre-order credit(titles that we choose), $20-$30 extra credit for expensive CE/LE/SE & early/extend access to deals like including Black Friday.

Everyone will have deals galore the only problem will be finding the time to play them & having money to buy them(but with good credit & trade in deals they should help).

One of the main reasons we're able to get these deals via coupons stacking with sale prices is b/c of the post made on BB forums page & the interest that was generated there. Funny thing is with the # of people that complain about the used game stocks @ their local stores you would've thought that more than 33 people would've voted to get the coupons to work online. So I guess all the complainers are the minority.

A few games off the beaten path and in stock. Some significantly cheaper than other places, made better with b2g1.

$7.99
:ds:Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
:ds:Moon
:wii:Need for Speed: Nitro

$9.99
:ds:Planet Puzzle League
:ds:DQM Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
:ds:Dementium II
:ds:Nervous Brickdown
:wii:Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
:wii:ExciteBots: Trick Racing

$12.99
:ds:Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero

$14.99
:ds:Resident Evil Deadly Silence
:360:Earth Defense Force 2017

thought I was good to go after finding a third game but apparently there is a limit of 1 copy per unique title. was going to get 2 SR3 (pickup) and Twisted Metal (ship to store).

SR3 is $44.99 pre any bonuses. can someone suggest some games? I'm looking for the most "value" (SR3s will be sent to Amazon) as it will likely be traded/sold.

I'm going to check out the stores that show up as having SR3. Again I'd like some options for the third but I guess Skyrim will be the default third if I don't find MW3.

Updated OP.

Side note: BB's website is currently under maintenance until Monday so the links will not work yet. They are also closed on Sunday for Easter.

[quote name='htz']Updated OP.

Side note: BB's website is currently under maintenance until Monday so the links will not work yet. They are also closed on Sunday for Easter.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit! Couldn't they have gotten someone with less gums to tide us over?

[quote name='dino88']Holy shit! Couldn't they have gotten someone with less gums to tide us over?[/QUOTE]

She must be pretty happ that they are doing maintenance.

what site closes for a day for updates... no wonder why they are closing 2000 stores

people will just go to amazon instead of coming back to best buy tomorrow

[quote name='dino88']Holy shit! Couldn't they have gotten someone with less gums to tide us over?[/QUOTE]

LOL, I came in here to say that exact same thing. When did Mr. Ed become a Best Buy pitchman?

[quote name='slidecage']what site closes for a day for updates... no wonder why they are closing 2000 stores

people will just go to amazon instead of coming back to best buy tomorrow[/QUOTE]

I think it is 50 out of 2000

All I will say is that is one big mouth...you can infer whatever you wish...

[quote name='strait edge follower']I'm hoping for a 19.99 - 29.99 resistance 3 used game deal of the week to use the coupon on[/QUOTE]

No sale on Resistance 3 this week. At least not before the site went down.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I'm hoping for a 19.99 - 29.99 resistance 3 used game deal of the week to use the coupon on[/QUOTE]

$31.50 after the unlocked discount is pretty damn close to $29.99. I'll be ordering one on Tuesday.

I'm probably gonna have them do a store-to-store order for a Homefront(hopefully one that's complete) and use the coupon in that transaction for me as of tomorrow. Then maybe I'll use the $10 off a $29.99 coupon on a pre-owned copy of Skyrim. Since I'm Reward Zone Silver I can most likely PM if the used price goes cheaper, though I'd definitely like some clarification on that BEFORE I make the purchase.:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back