CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
They removed the sale on it already? I would have thought they'd keep it going after changing the trade-in values. Maybe they just removed it to fix the glitch that allowed me to get a copy (to PLAY, fuck you flippers) for so cheap.

Glad I jumped on it before el hoardo ruined it for everyone.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Wow, Vanquish (GotG) is 5 bones

Win

:beer:

Win[/QUOTE]

if you can find it. IMO it was worth the 40 i paid for it amazing game.

Wow, sucks that Dead Island is no longer on sale. I'm glad I didnt wait and just picked up a copy last night on the way home. Not that I dont already have a huge backlog....

[quote name='foster1887']Just a heads up, they removed the sale for Dead Island. It is no longer $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Booo my buddy was going to get it and I told him the sale was good til the end of the money. :cry:

[quote name='kayne2000']well shoot i should of snagged dead island today....oh well. i need to go back there tommorrow. since i think i found my netbook on their tradein site and it says theyll give me 65 dollars for it which ill take since the thing turns on loads....but does nothing else(how much do they check do you know????). and i have neither patience nor desire to fix it which im scared to see how long a OS install will take on this crappy thing. which is good there are no important files on there that im aware of.

so hopefully all the numbers match i just cant find the SKU number which makes sense as i dont have the box and i think that is the barcode number.[/QUOTE]
Also be aware Best Buy won't take some hardware unless it was bought at a best buy store. I think it depends on the state. It just surprised me because AZ is usually fairly lax with pawn laws and stuff but apparently we are one of those states that best buy only takes items bought at a best buy.

Crap. Was going to pick up DI today, but not as appealing now that it is $25. Since they adjusted the TIV and the sale price, I wonder if they fixed the double discount as well.

Since it doesn't appear to be on sale anymore, I doubt the double discount for the GCU still applies. Mind ya, the game would still be $12.50 after the coupon and GCU discount. That's still a pretty good deal and only about $4.50 off what it should've been w/o the GCU double discount.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Since it doesn't appear to be on sale anymore, I doubt the double discount for the GCU still applies. Mind ya, the game would still be $12.50 after the coupon and GCU discount. That's still a pretty good deal and only about $4.50 off what it should've been w/o the GCU double discount.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know but because my backlog is sooooo.... huge (thanks CAG) my "must buy price" is now under $10. Considering what Gamefly has been doing as well, I will wait.

Also, I credit the industry for this. It seems most games coming out are worth a try. I grew up playing my NES - read: local multiplayer only - and because of what time my children do allow me to play, I am really only interested in the single player games. I also don't mind buying used, so $10 or less works for me. Easy to pick games up on the cheap about 6 mos after release when black is the new red and the multiplayer has dropped off on most games.

I was actually excited about DI at $8 ac before I saw the double discount. I just wish BB would have posted it was a 2 day sale or some such thing.

Damn it, I didn't feel like going anywhere yesterday after playing soccer with my son and missed out on Dead Island. oh well, helps me save gas money.

[quote name='VaultDweller']the orange box is $15 for ps3, good deal this game is going for 35 used and 60 new on amazon[/QUOTE]

I heard there were problems with the PS3 version. I could be wrong though. It's getting write rare to find though.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Yeah, I know but because my backlog is sooooo.... huge (thanks CAG) my "must buy price" is now under $10. Considering what Gamefly has been doing as well, I will wait.

Also, I credit the industry for this. It seems most games coming out are worth a try. I grew up playing my NES - read: local multiplayer only - and because of what time my children do allow me to play, I am really only interested in the single player games. I also don't mind buying used, so $10 or less works for me. Easy to pick games up on the cheap about 6 mos after release when black is the new red and the multiplayer has dropped off on most games.

I was actually excited about DI at $8 ac before I saw the double discount. I just wish BB would have posted it was a 2 day sale or some such thing.[/QUOTE]

I am not sold that gamefly will have DI for cheap. Currently the keep price is $24.99 but they are not selling any new or used copies. The availability is high which tells me they have copies sitting around but not enough to warrant selling them outright. Maybe it gets to $15 someday but I just think a sub $10 won't happen.

[quote name='Donut2922']Dead island may still be $10 plus tax. All games $19.99 and above had the double discount.[/QUOTE]
Too bad the closest BB stores to me with it in stock for PS3 is Whitehall(PA), Bethlehem(PA) or Philipsburg(NJ). Those stores are about an hour's drive or so down the PA Turnpike from me. There is a back way to at least two of them, but it'd cost more in gas than it'd be worth for me.:whistle2:#

Neither of my local stores had DI yesterday. If it was something GREAT, I'd probably try a couple further out stores, but it isn't, to me. If I get gaming time these days, it goes straight to Rocksmith...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They scanned my RZ card last on every transaction yesterday. So I'm not so sure that you absolutely HAVE to do it as others have pointed out. Each copy of Dead Island I bought went down to $5.50 after they packaged out everything.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. maybe that's it. The last thing the cashier scanned when I checked out was the coupon and it ended up $9.99

[quote name='coopscohen']Hmm.. maybe that's it. The last thing the cashier scanned when I checked out was the coupon and it ended up $9.99[/QUOTE]

Are you a Gamer's Club Unlocked member? You need that to get the lower price as well. Plus you can only get the glitch once per transaction.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Since it doesn't appear to be on sale anymore, I doubt the double discount for the GCU still applies. Mind ya, the game would still be $12.50 after the coupon and GCU discount. That's still a pretty good deal and only about $4.50 off what it should've been w/o the GCU double discount.[/QUOTE]
What I was just thinking. My friend on the other side of the country had been begging me to get it. Less than $15...in sold. Too busy to go get it though

Should I take my chances and just get Vanquish in hopes that it comes
complete or at least with the original case?
4.99 is really tempting...

[quote name='redmangoose']Should I take my chances and just get Vanquish in hopes that it comes
complete or at least with the original case?
4.99 is really tempting...[/QUOTE]

Just get it. Its a great game at a geat price

[quote name='confoosious']hahah i had no idea DI traded in for $16 yesterday. It's down to $6 today.[/QUOTE]

$24, actually, once you add in the extra 50% TIV. They matched Gamestop's promo this week. Add another 10% for Unlocked bonus.
Yeah, a drop in TIV was inevitable.

Wanted Dead Island for $6, crap. Oh well, I'm sure it will be that eventually on Gamefly or Blockbuster. The Cheaparse in me will wait.

For those that actually have Vanquish around at $5, Snag it. It's glorious fun for the cost of a sandwich.

went to best buy today and picked up dead island for the 360 and it rang up 24.99...I had him look to see if it was on sale.. with 10.00 off coupon and extra 10% off it came to 10.50..not sure why it rang up 24.99...

[quote name='vince726']went to best buy today and picked up dead island for the 360 and it rang up 24.99...I had him look to see if it was on sale.. with 10.00 off coupon and extra 10% off it came to 10.50..not sure why it rang up 24.99...[/QUOTE]

They ended the $20 sale on it, which put the price back up to $25. Also, did your receipt say pack disc?

[quote name='hasturyo']for which game?[/QUOTE]

Really? Dead Island. That's the one everyone has been discussing at length. The others are Socom, Red Dead and Spiderman.

[quote name='destro4eva']Wanted Dead Island for $6, crap. Oh well, I'm sure it will be that eventually on Gamefly or Blockbuster. The Cheaparse in me will wait.

For those that actually have Vanquish around at $5, Snag it. It's glorious fun for the cost of a sandwich.[/QUOTE]
I've hit 6 different stores for Vanquish... But to no avail.

[quote name='bgame2']Really? Dead Island. That's the one everyone has been discussing at length. The others are Socom, Red Dead and Spiderman.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget about Socom 4 as well.;) If the glitch truly is working still, then that makes Dead Island one of the $10.50 games after coupon. But if you have to buy a seperate copy of the mag just to get the coupon for it, then that makes it only a $9 discount or so.:whistle2:#

[quote name='hasturyo']for which game?[/QUOTE]

For all game above $19.99 for sure. The glitch is on the 10% being stacked with the $10 coupon it seems. It's giving the highest amount the 10% allows which is $4.49 (the highest priced used game is $44.99).

I had a lot of problems today. Got the final copy of DI for PS3. It rung up for 24.99 but the RSS inventory system says the current sale price is 19.99 so I was able to have them override it. Problem is that they did not let me use the coupon since its called "double dipping" even I told them it is supposed to stack with sale prices. Can anyone tell me where I can find written proof to shove it in their faces.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']I had a lot of problems today. Got the final copy of DI for PS3. It rung up for 24.99 but the RSS inventory system says the current sale price is 19.99 so I was able to have them override it. Problem is that they did not let me use the coupon since its called "double dipping" even I told them it is supposed to stack with sale prices. Can anyone tell me where I can find written proof to shove it in their faces.[/QUOTE]
It should right on the back of the coupon. It says Markdowns taken from sale prices.

:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins is available once again on the site for $4.99 with free shipping.

Just grabbed one for $4.86 with the GCU discount.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']I had a lot of problems today. Got the final copy of DI for PS3. It rung up for 24.99 but the RSS inventory system says the current sale price is 19.99 so I was able to have them override it. Problem is that they did not let me use the coupon since its called "double dipping" even I told them it is supposed to stack with sale prices. Can anyone tell me where I can find written proof to shove it in their faces.[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be from the sales price. The problem is with all of the flipping or possibly being just a 2 day sale the price went to 24.99. While a lot of stores probably still have the sales price listed at 19.99 it's actually 24.99. So once you price match you might not be able to get them to let you use the coupon because I assume it would need another override to do both. So it'll likely depend on manager/employee.

Kind of like the arkham city coupon. Right now toys r us has them on sale for $30. You can get bbuy to price match but odds are ou won't get them to let you use the $20 off coupon to get it down to $10 again. Because the price match counts as one offer and the coupon isn't "supposed" to be doubled up with them. I know it's different because one is price from a different store and one is in bbuy, but I see it as price matching.

Ymmv I assume

[quote name='Jdevon']It's supposed to be from the sales price. The problem is with all of the flipping or possibly being just a 2 day sale the price went to 24.99. While a lot of stores probably still have the sales price listed at 19.99 it's actually 24.99. So once you price match you might not be able to get them to let you use the coupon because I assume it would need another override to do both. So it'll likely depend on manager/employee.

Kind of like the arkham city coupon. Right now toys r us has them on sale for $30. You can get bbuy to price match but odds are ou won't get them to let you use the $20 off coupon to get it down to $10 again. Because the price match counts as one offer and the coupon isn't "supposed" to be doubled up with them. I know it's different because one is price from a different store and one is in bbuy, but I see it as price matching.

Ymmv I assume[/QUOTE]

As of Sunday (4/1), Batman drops to $29.99. The coupon from the mag doesn't expire until the 7th or so. Get your popcorn ready, lol.

[quote name='Scorpion']Why is dead island 24.99 now.. Does anyone know if it is still 19.99 in stores and if we can still use the coupon?[/QUOTE]
Read a few posts above yours.

[quote name='klimb22']Read a few posts above yours.[/QUOTE]

Awww man :/.. Does the coupon work.. I guess 15 for it is OK instead of 10

[quote name='Scorpion']Awww man :/.. Does the coupon work.. I guess 15 for it is OK instead of 10[/QUOTE]

Its still 19.99 in RSS inventory therefore if you can get them to see that I am sure they will override it for you.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Its still 19.99 in RSS inventory therefore if you can get them to see that I am sure they will override it for you.[/QUOTE]

what is rss inventory, and how can i show them that? thank you

[quote name='technicalstylez']u could've just asked her to scan the coupon twice.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have received the extra discount on the second game. Yeah, I'm that cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back