CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']went back to bb..saw a skinny nerdy lookin fool opening up dead island right outside the store. went in and upstairs. found halo reach, no more dead islands. clerk scanned the coupon for me since im gcu but haven't received the mag- started talkin to him about raccoon city and then skinny nerdy lookin dude from outside shows up w/ dead island and asks where to do game trade ins. i tell him downstairs at cs. clerk and i start talking about me3 and then a kid and his dad come up and i see his games (w/bb used game stickers on back), mw3 and something else. i ask if they wanna trade in games, they say yeah, i say go downstairs to cs. dad is mad cuz they told him to go upstairs. he curses in chinese as they headback downstairs and clerk and i have a laugh. i say peace to the clerk and head downstairs, laughing at the guy currenly trading in his just bought dead island and the angry chinese dad and his embarassed teenager son. dunno if they were cags or from slick deals, but both made laugh. got dead island 360, halo reach, and ff xiii-2 w/novella+slipcase (tru pm) for $46 in bb credit along with some good laughs. what a great sunday :lol:[/QUOTE]

What a pointless post geez...

[quote name='WV Matsui']Dead Island on PS3 or X360? Which is better?[/QUOTE]

They did patch the PS3 version, but I'm not sure if it fixed all the issues it had. So I would go with the 360 if you have both.

[quote name='technicalstylez']went back to bb..saw a skinny nerdy lookin fool opening up dead island right outside the store. went in and upstairs. found halo reach, no more dead islands. clerk scanned the coupon for me since im gcu but haven't received the mag- started talkin to him about raccoon city and then skinny nerdy lookin dude from outside shows up w/ dead island and asks where to do game trade ins. i tell him downstairs at cs. clerk and i start talking about me3 and then a kid and his dad come up and i see his games (w/bb used game stickers on back), mw3 and something else. i ask if they wanna trade in games, they say yeah, i say go downstairs to cs. dad is mad cuz they told him to go upstairs. he curses in chinese as they headback downstairs and clerk and i have a laugh. i say peace to the clerk and head downstairs, laughing at the guy currenly trading in his just bought dead island and the angry chinese dad and his embarassed teenager son. dunno if they were cags or from slick deals, but both made laugh. got dead island 360, halo reach, and ff xiii-2 w/novella+slipcase (tru pm) for $46 in bb credit along with some good laughs. what a great sunday :lol:[/QUOTE]

sounds like SD since he didn't know where to trade in games. so Cali isn't working today? Dang guess I won't stop by to do any trade in's then :lol:

[quote name='Donut2922']sounds like SD since he didn't know where to trade in games. so Cali isn't working today? Dang guess I won't stop by to do any trade in's then :lol:[/QUOTE]

nah she was there earlier but went home already. christina is there -red hair- and she is super easy to work with but ya, idunno if she'll hook u up like callie does.

[quote name='Scorpion']is the 10% gz unlocked also in the magazine??[/QUOTE]

The extra 10% is added automatically with a paid membership ($15/year).

[quote name='whitereflection']If you subscribe to the magazine, you'll have it. Don't buy single issues, they have good deals every month.[/QUOTE]

nice so if i buy the 15$ magazine i can use it. Sweet.

They ran out of the :360: Dead Island so I settled for the :ps3: version for $10.xx tax included after coupon. traded it in for $21 right after LOL. They're running a promo where all trade-in's get 50% more credit (didn't see that posted anywhere on here yet). Pretty much covered the cost for Bulletstorm, Rage, and ME2 :)

Looks like you guys are cleaning out the BBY of Dead Island. 4 Stores around me had copies 3 hours ago and now only 1 does. Too bad the closest one near me was out or else I would have gone. Got it online anyway for $18.14. By the time I paid for another Mag and spent $7 in gas to get to the closest BBY with it in stock I was looking at it costing me $17 anyway.

Anyone know what their return/exchange policy is?

My copy of Dead Island doesn't work :( -- going to be really bummed if I can't get a pure exchange (and I grabbed the last used copy too...)

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Anyone know what their return/exchange policy is?

My copy of Dead Island doesn't work :( -- going to be really bummed if I can't get a pure exchange (and I grabbed the last used copy too...)[/QUOTE]

I believe it's 30 days. Either way, you got it recently so they should refund your money or get one for you.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I believe it's 30 days. Either way, you got it recently so they should refund your money or get one for you.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I couldn't find anything online about it besides their normal game return policy... I'm hoping I can get another copy shipped to the store or something, because I know they don't have any copies left... I really don't just want my money back, because obviously getting Dead Island for $8 is a fantastic deal ha

Okay that sucks. I picked up Dead Island and SOCOM 4 for PS3 earlier. Socom rang up 5.50 and Dead Island rang up 9.99 (not $8). I figured they were just adjusting the discount in a weird way. I found one other Dead Island at another store and it rang up for $9.99, not $8, not $5.50. I had the lady double check. She scanned the game, scanned my card, and sure enough, $9.99. I am an unlocked member so I'm not sure why some get it for $5.50. I definitely didn't get my -10% off though.

EDIT: Both of the DI copies I bought were for PS3 btw.

So, is it better to buy the magazine subscription in-store? Or can you buy online and get instant access to the coupons to print out or something?

Also, if you can get the game shipped to the store, can you use the coupon then to buy it "in store" and get the lower price?

[quote name='imacjenn']So, is it better to buy the magazine subscription in-store? Or can you buy online and get instant access to the coupons to print out or something?

Also, if you can get the game shipped to the store, can you use the coupon then to buy it "in store" and get the lower price?[/QUOTE]

Only way to get the coupons is to go in store to sign up. There are no printable coupons. Some people said you can use the coupon if you have a BBY rep order the game in-store for ship to store. Also I am sure if you do ship to store online and then do a return and rebuy at the counter when you pick it up.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Only way to get the coupons is to go in store to sign up. There are no printable coupons. Some people said you can use the coupon if you have a BBY rep order the game in-store for ship to store. Also I am sure if you do ship to store online and then do a return and rebuy at the counter when you pick it up.[/QUOTE]

ok - thanks!

I didn't think that I would end up using the pre-owned coupon since I hadn't found anything that I wanted at my BBs. Luckily, I checked this thread and saw the price drop on Dead Island. I ended getting a copy for $5.50. They had a used special edition but I passed since the DLC wasn't guaranteed to be in there. Both were marked $34.99.

I tried to convince the cashier to give me the coupon back but she said she couldn't. I found a used copy of Deus Ex: HR that i wanted. Hopefully, they have a coupon for it next month.

u could've just asked her to scan the coupon twice.

[quote name='emg28']I didn't think that I would end up using the pre-owned coupon since I hadn't found anything that I wanted at my BBs. Luckily, I checked this thread and saw the price drop on Dead Island. I ended getting a copy for $5.50. They had a used special edition but I passed since the DLC wasn't guaranteed to be in there. Both were marked $34.99.

I tried to convince the cashier to give me the coupon back but she said she couldn't. I found a used copy of Deus Ex: HR that i wanted. Hopefully, they have a coupon for it next month.[/QUOTE]

I also managed to get Dead Island for $5.50. I'm not exactly sure how that worked. But I'm not going to complain.

It was at Tysons Corner, and the cashier was the same awful woman who gave me so much grief on the Brink/Hunted coupon last year...but eventually it worked out $2.50 cheaper than I had hoped.

I'm glad now that I signed up for the gamer zone unlocked thing rather than just buying the single issue of the magazine (for the Rage coupon). I think it'll be worthwhile.

[quote name='Skydude']I also managed to get Dead Island for $5.50. I'm not exactly sure how that worked. But I'm not going to complain.

It was at Tysons Corner, and the cashier was the same awful woman who gave me so much grief on the Brink/Hunted coupon last year...but eventually it worked out $2.50 cheaper than I had hoped.

I'm glad now that I signed up for the gamer zone unlocked thing rather than just buying the single issue of the magazine (for the Rage coupon). I think it'll be worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

How is everyone getting it for 5.50? it should be like 7.99 with unlocked and coupon.

[quote name='nixmahn']How is everyone getting it for 5.50? it should be like 7.99 with unlocked and coupon.[/QUOTE]

It normally rings up to exactly $8 but there's some glitch that is letting the coupon discount $14.49 instead of the usual $10

Maybe the $14.49 is one of those exclusive GC unlocked offers that they mentioned from the beginning. Any game ringing up $19.99 or more is coming with that $14.49 package discount with the $10 coupon. I have used it 3 different times so far (3 different coupons). But they have to be in separate transactions. If you use two or more coupons in the same transaction, then only one $14.49 package discount applies and then the regular $10 discount would apply for the other games that you are using the coupon for.

I already receive the magazine but joined before the unlocked program was set up. It will cost me $15 to upgrade to unlocked. Can I just sign up for another membership and receive 2 magazines a month? Can I have 2 subscriptions tied to the same name, address, email and reward zone account?

[quote name='Skydude']I also managed to get Dead Island for $5.50. I'm not exactly sure how that worked. But I'm not going to complain.

I'm glad now that I signed up for the gamer zone unlocked thing rather than just buying the single issue of the magazine (for the Rage coupon). I think it'll be worthwhile.[/QUOTE]Uh-oh...this was the BBY I was planning to visit to pick up two 360 copies of DI to trade back in. What system did you buy it for and did you happen to notice if there were any more for either system?

[quote name='fortunado']Okay that sucks. I picked up Dead Island and SOCOM 4 for PS3 earlier. Socom rang up 5.50 and Dead Island rang up 9.99 (not $8). I figured they were just adjusting the discount in a weird way. I found one other Dead Island at another store and it rang up for $9.99, not $8, not $5.50. I had the lady double check. She scanned the game, scanned my card, and sure enough, $9.99. I am an unlocked member so I'm not sure why some get it for $5.50. I definitely didn't get my -10% off though.

EDIT: Both of the DI copies I bought were for PS3 btw.[/QUOTE]

You're limited to one offer/glitch per transaction. You already got SOCOM 4 for $5.50 - if you didn't have that, Dead Island would've been that price.

I just bought mw2 for 360 and in store it did ring up for $14.99 but when he scanned coupon it didn't take off another $10. Did I do something wrong?

It only took off 10% more for unlocked and charged $13.49 :/

[quote name='jinxpalm']I just bought mw2 for 360 and in store it did ring up for $14.99 but when he scanned coupon it didn't take off another $10. Did I do something wrong?

It only took off 10% more for unlocked and charged $13.49 :/[/QUOTE]
$10 off any game priced $19.99 or higher

Just went to best buy they had dead island marked at 30 something. I got it to 19.99 but I was told that was sale price and they couldn't apply 10.00 coupon to sale price. That's ridiculous.

[quote name='whitereflection']You're limited to one offer/glitch per transaction. You already got SOCOM 4 for $5.50 - if you didn't have that, Dead Island would've been that price.[/QUOTE]

I gotcha. That explains my first transaction; however, it doesn't explain the second purchase of Dead Island at another store for $9.99 even though it was the only game I bought there.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']Just went to best buy they had dead island marked at 30 something. I got it to 19.99 but I was told that was sale price and they couldn't apply 10.00 coupon to sale price. That's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

they lied to u. back of the coupon even says it stacks with sale prices.

[quote name='nixmahn']How is everyone getting it for 5.50? it should be like 7.99 with unlocked and coupon.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to figure why the computer was doing this and I figured out it is taking 10% for the regular price ($2.50) and another 10% off the sale price ($2.00) plus the $10 coupon for a total of $14.50 off of the $19.99 sale price.

Does anyone have a store with Vanquish ps3 used in stock? Id gladly pay $8 plus shipping over paypal for it if anyone can help me out.....

[quote name='Slight Defect']Does anyone have a store with Vanquish ps3 used in stock? Id gladly pay $8 plus shipping over paypal for it if anyone can help me out.....[/QUOTE]

i have an extra one. check pm

[quote name='fortunado']I gotcha. That explains my first transaction; however, it doesn't explain the second purchase of Dead Island at another store for $9.99 even though it was the only game I bought there.[/QUOTE]

Did you scan your Gamers Unlocked/Reward Zone card the second time around? These deals only work for members and just the coupon isn't enough.

I got DI was special edition cover but no manual. Seriously I don't see how people can lose manuals. I don't even look at them and never come out of the case.

[quote name='Vigilante']Uh-oh...this was the BBY I was planning to visit to pick up two 360 copies of DI to trade back in. What system did you buy it for and did you happen to notice if there were any more for either system?[/QUOTE]

Picked it up for the 360, last one I saw in stock. Glad I got there before the flippers....

[quote name='atc250es']I was trying to figure why the computer was doing this and I figured out it is taking 10% for the regular price ($2.50) and another 10% off the sale price ($2.00) plus the $10 coupon for a total of $14.50 off of the $19.99 sale price.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right good catch but it doesn't explain the $25 used games. I picked up KZ3 ($25) for $10.50 plus tax. Perhaps the precalculated discount applies to all games $19.99 and above.

[quote name='Skydude']Picked it up for the 360, last one I saw in stock. Glad I got there before the flippers....[/QUOTE]:wall: There goes that plan. Did you look at the used PS3 game section to see if there were any copies there?

I'm starting to think my local BBs are frequenting this site. They still do not have any of this month's magazines available to purchase. And, even though the site shows that they have preowned Dead Islands in stock for the past few days, they're nowhere to be found on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back