Photo
- - - - -

Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

• Please log in to reply
4219 replies to this topic

#2671 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

I'll give you the 27th pick and Eric Berry for both of your first rounders. ;)

Done.

33126.png

#2672 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

Anyone who might be interested in trading down in the draft, shoot me a PM. I'm willing to send both my first rounders (#28 and #32 in order to move up).

If I could get pick 30 I'd do it. 4 picks in a row :D

Hopefully I will get some time tonight to look at all of the prospects, this trip has kept me busier than I thought it would.

#2673 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

If I could get pick 30 I'd do it. 4 picks in a row :D

#28, #30, #31, #32 is not four in a row. ;)

33126.png

#2674 Deuce20602

Deuce20602

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Joe Haden is available for a 1st rd pick, LB, or FS

#2675 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Joe Haden is available for a 1st rd pick, LB, or FS

Assuming you mean early 1st??? I'd gladly give you 22.

#2676 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

so how will u decide who is in which league? or is that wat ur figuring out still

#2677 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

so how will u decide who is in which league? or is that wat ur figuring out still

Uber and I will only be running the one league. I'd imagine there will be a JV league again, and it's possible a 3rd league would spring up but I don't know (there's never been much success there in the past, as you all know).

Obviously our league will have 32 spots, and more than likely more than 32 people who will want to be in it. So we need to figure out a way to decide who gets a spot, which is what we're working on.

It's a near certainty that there will be some people who get an automatic spot, and if so, that list will certainly include past league champions.

33126.png

#2678 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

I like the lottery idea for the record...that's the only guilt-free way I can get the Panthers!! Or at least reduced guilt..

Edit: Assuming I have one of the 32 spots! :O

#2679 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

i would like to keep the lions but if u do go that route players that often make the playoffs should get tge last picks on teams

#2680 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

i would like to keep the lions but if u do go that route players that often make the playoffs should get tge last picks on teams

We did essentially that in the secondary league last year if you'll recall - gave the better players the lesser teams. They ended up making the playoffs anyway. ;)

I'll reiterate that none of this is set in stone yet. How we're going to handle who gets the spots is much further along in the idea department than how we're going to handle teams.

In the meantime though, all the feedback is appreciated. :D

33126.png

#2681 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

Slow offseason on the trade front, huh? Usually we have a flurry of activity by now.

33126.png

#2682 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Slow offseason on the trade front, huh? Usually we have a flurry of activity by now.

Kinda what I was thinking. Freeman is for sale folks. Looking for a first rounder and a few other players (one being a QB).
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#2683 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Might as well repost my trade block:

Patriots Trade Block
:

1st round pick (Patriots, #28)
1st round pick (Lions, #32)

I'm definitely interested in packaging both to move up in the 1st round. All my other picks are on the table as well.

QB Evan Smith - 84 OVR, 24, A Pot
WR Roddy White - 94 OVR, 33, A Pot (I'd likely need a receiver back if I deal him)
LT Matt Light - 86 OVR, 37, B Pot
RT Sebastian Vollmer - 83 OVR, 30, A Pot
ROLB Gary Guyton - 77 OVR, 29, C Pot (85 speed, great coverage)
CB Derron Charles - 79 OVR, 24, B Pot

Looking for:
1) Center
2) Elite defensive line players (especially DT)
3) Pass-catching TE
4) Right Tackle (most interested in packaging Richardson or Vollmer to upgrade here)
5) Picks (really only interested in 1st rounders)

33126.png

#2684 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

Uber and I will only be running the one league. I'd imagine there will be a JV league again, and it's possible a 3rd league would spring up but I don't know (there's never been much success there in the past, as you all know).

Obviously our league will have 32 spots, and more than likely more than 32 people who will want to be in it. So we need to figure out a way to decide who gets a spot, which is what we're working on.

It's a near certainty that there will be some people who get an automatic spot, and if so, that list will certainly include past league champions.

Not that you and I would ever work together on something (hi, Lex Luthor...meet Clark Kent, lol), but the JV League will definitely be back for Madden 13. And honestly, at this point, I think the line between JV and V is blurred a decent amount as well. Sure, there are still players who can't hold a candle to the top shelf talent in here...but I think that statement could still be applied just in this league to an extent.

I do believe our rules and policies differ a bit though, and maybe you could say I'm not as forgiving when people step out of line. But what I foresee happening is the "JV League" turning into the "Gentlemen's League". Not that I plan on calling it that (unless of course, we all choose stripper names to represent our teams...then it might be fun...dibs on Destiny!), but the way I'd like it to function next year would be no nonsense, no constant reminders to play right, few warnings given, a non-negotiable expectation to keep up with the thread, responsive to PM's, etc. And if people show any difficulty sticking to that, they're gone.

I'm sure those are all things you guys want for this league as well...but my intention is to be as iron-fisted in enforcing them as possible. Forgive me for saying it, but at times, I think the desire to keep the league full compromised the integrity of the clientele. It's the whole mentality of caring more about winning than caring about playing right. And having so and so's friend's, brother's, uncle who likes Madden, but has no idea what this thread is or even what CAG is can be a hinderance more often than not. I just don't have the patience for it.

Maybe some of what I'm saying is the exact kinds of changes you and Uber have been talking about...and if so, that's awesome. I think more transparent rules and clear cut policies can only help things run smoother. Just wanted to make it known that the JV League will be available for those who don't have a spot here...or even would prefer to play there (provided you can commit to the expectations). Honestly, I think having enough guys to where there was very little overlap between the two leagues would be great. Not that people won't be welcome to double up...it would just be cool if there were that many people committed to playing Madden.

#2685 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

I like that idea having the not so good people in the league having picks at teams first then so on. But i'd like to stay with the rams if i can :)

#2686 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

I think just a straight up lottery for the teams, once we have already established the 32 players, would be fair.

Randomly assign the numbers, and then have a draft for teams. One problem would be people dodging tough divisions, but I can't think of many others.
MurdaModeLV

#2687 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

I think just a straight up lottery for the teams, once we have already established the 32 players, would be fair.

Randomly assign the numbers, and then have a draft for teams. One problem would be people dodging tough divisions, but I can't think of many others.

That's certainly one option on the table. Another is to ask everyone to give us their top 5 teams and then where there are conflicts, we use the lottery from there. Some teams will be in higher demand than others.

There are certain vets in the league (I won't name names) who are very committed to their own teams and might not want to play at all if they don't get them, so we need to consider those people as well.

33126.png

#2688 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

Chiefs Trading Block

QB Matt Cassel - 33, 86 OVR, B Pot
HB LeGarrette Blount - 28, 92 OVR, A Pot
1st Round Pick (27th)

Wants:
85+ OLB
85+ MLB
An upgrade at QB over Cassel (86 OVR)
WR (A third or fourth receiver, so mid 70s-mid 80s)
DE
DT

#2689 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

i think we should have a free agent period

#2690 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

i think we should have a free agent period

You're about to have the opportunity to add seven guys to your roster tomorrow without dropping any.

33126.png

#2691 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

You're about to have the opportunity to add seven guys to your roster tomorrow without dropping any.

I understand that but opening the market would be cool honestly there is some good talent out there

#2692 damailman2272

damailman2272

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

Chargers trade block

Antoinio gates te 99 age 35 apot
philip rivers 96 age 33 apot
ryan mathews hb 88 age 28 apot
louis vasquez rg 81 age 28 apot

#2693 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

Chargers trade block

Antoinio gates te 99 age 35 apot
philip rivers 96 age 33 apot
ryan mathews hb 88 age 28 apot
louis vasquez rg 81 age 28 apot

pm me bout wut u want for gates

#2694 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

Cowboys Trading Block
TE - Jason Witten - 96 ovr, 32, A pot
RB - DeMarco Murray - 83 ovr, 26, B pot, 93 speed
RB - Felix Jones - 81 ovr, 28, B pot, 93 speec

Looking for MLB, FS, LG, SS[/QUOTE]

#2695 Deuce20602

Deuce20602

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

still need Ultimate Matt booted so i can join

#2696 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

Dolphins Trade Block:
HB Daniel Thomas, 85 OVR, B Pot, 27 Years Old
HB Reshard Cobbs, 83 OVR, A Pot, 24 Years Old
TE Jason Fobbs, 97 OVR, A Pot, 23 Years Old
TE Khiry Cousins, 82 OVR, B Pot, 24 Years Old
TE Anthony Fasano, 78 OVR,B Pot 31 Years Old
ROLB Leslie Luther, 91 OVR, A Pot, 23 Years Old
DT Chris Heim, 85 OVR, A Pot, 24 Years Old
LE O'dell Boudreaux, 81 OVR, A Pot, 23 Years Old
FS Chris Clemons, 81 OVR, B Pot, 31 Years Old
P Benjamin Austin, 90 OVR, A Pot, 23 Years Old
P Brandon Fields, 84 OVR, B Pot, 31 Years Old
CB V. Davis, 91 OVR, A Pot, 27 Years Old
CB R. Downling, 90 OVR,A Pot, 27 Years Old
CB S. Smith, 85 OVR, B Pot, 28 Years Old

Looking for:

1st Round Picks.
Left Guard
Right Guard
Right Tackle
Free Safety

P.s. Please don't send me a message stating "What do you want for so and so" Make me an offer from the get go, or i'm likely to ignore your pm.
Posted Image

#2697 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

os got first skunk at new yanks stadium. boston here we come

#2698 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

^^^
+1 and won a series against the Yankees for the first time in a long time. Feeling good about the O's can't wait til Monday, I'm definitely going to watch them play the Rangers

#2699 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

^^^
+1 and won a series against the Yankees for the first time in a long time. Feeling good about the O's can't wait til Monday, I'm definitely going to watch them play the Rangers

half these guys are boston fans so i gotta rub it in that we got the broom ready

#2700 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

Cowboys,Rangers,Spurs!