Offical Disney Movie Rewards Code Thread

• Please log in to reply
1617 replies to this topic

#481 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Yes, it is legit. But while you only have to pay $5 for the first 5 movies, you need to buy 5 more at MSRP (though you do get a chance to get a discounted 6th and 7th movie when you first sign up) before you can cancel.

Thanks DNukem, I knew there was some sort of catch, but couldn't find the fine print before it was asking me to sign up, address and all. Guess that's why, but assuming MSRP for a new blu ray is $30, it still averages out to 15.50 a blu ray so not too shabby.

You don't have to buy 5 more at MSRP. at least not from the method I use (see below). You buy 6 or 7 when you first sign up, and you just have to buy two more to complete the agreement. This works out to less than $10 per movie for 9 titles.

Read this post of mine for more details: http://www.cheapassg...579&postcount=2

#482 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

And to add to the post above, there is a super long thread on this over at blu-ray.com in the bargains section. But everything you need should be posted on the first page.

I just recently signed up for my third round of titles last week. I ordered over the phone(which allows you more choices btw) on Monday, the movies shipped on Thursday and I received them all yesterday(Monday). I picked up the following...

Spoiler

I also put in an order for my second commitment while I was on the phone for Monsters Inc. 3D. It did end up costing me around $36 shipped, but considering there were no deals for it on release and it was only $6 more than retail before you consider tax(DMC is tax free except for 2 states I believe), I did not think that was too bad.

I am hoping to fulfill my commitment in the next couple of months so I can do another round once yesterdays titles are up for enrollment. But if you are interested in signing up, make sure you use that code ssj listed and check out the spreadsheet for the title codes in case you decide to go the phone route.

#483 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

yep, I did a second round a couple months ago myself. Still need to do the two more titles. Dont know which to get though., I need Lady and the Tramp and Peter Pan..yah I missed out on them release week.:(
Im sure I still may be able to get them way cheaper elsewhere but it would end my 3 titles at commitment if I get them.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#484 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

yep, I did a second round a couple months ago myself. Still need to do the two more titles. Dont know which to get though., I need Lady and the Tramp and Peter Pan..yah I missed out on them release week.:(
Im sure I still may be able to get them way cheaper elsewhere but it would end my 3 titles at commitment if I get them.

Don't forget that Lady and the Tramp along w/ Lion King and others go back into the vault on 4/30. They'll obviously be available elsewhere, but don't know if you will see any deals for it.

#485 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

This is all very good information, thanks for sharing y'all. I love the CAG community. I definitely plan on signing up now and am leaning towards ssjmichael's method.

So when I buy my initial 6 or 7, and they add into my obligation of 10 total purchases, do I have a certain time period to buy the remaining 3 or 4 or is it an immediate purchase?

#486 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

The current club deal is both Hunchback and Brother Bear bundles for $40 + shipping/tax. I haven't seen any other deals yet. That might be worth it.

#487 tyron3biggum5

tyron3biggum5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

The current club deal is both Hunchback and Brother Bear bundles for $40 + shipping/tax. I haven't seen any other deals yet. That might be worth it.

That deal actually gives you free shipping (and no tax for me), plus you can add either Cinderella (3-Disc) or Peter Pan (3-Disc) for another $15. You also get any additional titles for 40% off... also free shipping

#488 joeyatog

joeyatog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Just got my 1st round up and going. Decided to grab Wreck-It Ralph with the Finding Nemo add-on. I think it was just under $50 shipped for both. Not too bad and it fulfills a commitment title. I might have to jump on that Hunchback/Brother Bear bundle too. Then I'll be finished with my obligation I think!
Posted Image

#489 tyron3biggum5

tyron3biggum5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

This is all very good information, thanks for sharing y'all. I love the CAG community. I definitely plan on signing up now and am leaning towards ssjmichael's method.

So when I buy my initial 6 or 7, and they add into my obligation of 10 total purchases, do I have a certain time period to buy the remaining 3 or 4 or is it an immediate purchase?

The deal in which you make your first obligation purchase (at the discounted price) with your enrollment package would leave you with 2 more titles to buy within a 2 year time period.

#490 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

That deal actually gives you free shipping (and no tax for me), plus you can add either Cinderella (3-Disc) or Peter Pan (3-Disc) for another $15. You also get any additional titles for 40% off... also free shipping

can you pick Peter pan? I only saw cinderella as a choice. Sadly if I got Brother Bear, Hunchback, and Peter pan it would only count as one title commitment wouldnt it?

rm8ylt.gif

#491 tyron3biggum5

tyron3biggum5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

can you pick Peter pan? I only saw cinderella as a choice. Sadly if I got Brother Bear, Hunchback, and Peter pan it would only count as one title commitment wouldnt it?

I'm pretty sure I remember Peter Pan being a choice when I accepted the offer online (not in the mailer), but yes it would only count as one.

#492 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Don't forget that Lady and the Tramp along w/ Lion King and others go back into the vault on 4/30. They'll obviously be available elsewhere, but don't know if you will see any deals for it.

already have lion king. may get lady and the tramp then. will see.

rm8ylt.gif

#493 joeyatog

joeyatog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Yes, it would only count as 1. But you'd be getting a pretty good deal on those titles at least.
Posted Image

#494 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

I'm pretty sure I remember Peter Pan being a choice when I accepted the offer online (not in the mailer), but yes it would only count as one.

my choices online are Cinderella and Lady and the Tramp. Guess it still works out for me.

rm8ylt.gif

#495 MSP2008

MSP2008

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

I too am part of the Disney Movie Club and can vouch for how great it is! I'm actually waiting for my last commitment title, and then I will cancel and re-up. I can't think of any other ways to get these Disney movies cheaper. Plus they all come with DMR codes.

#496 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Those kinds of deals aren't for everyone. A lot depends on the code used to sign up

I can choose from three deals, actually.
* 50% + Free shipping + a free pin (VIP Only).
* A fixed 25% off everything.
* 60% off with no free shipping.

#497 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

This is just my personal assessment, but if you have a kid on the way, you have a few years before you need to start thinking about grabbing Disney movies. No need to jump the gun.

#498 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Does anyone know if there are (or will be) coupons for next week's Disney releases (Mulan/Mulan II, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Brother Bear/Brother Bear 2)? Amazon prices are pretty high right now.

Also saw that Rise of the Guardians, Willow, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit are out next week (granted they aren't Disney release). Hoping there will be a decent deal on those as well.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#499 ZR0 Limit

ZR0 Limit

The Crash King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

DMRPIN - 10 points

Should be good until tomorrow.

#500 JoshFlowers

JoshFlowers

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

DMRPIN - 10 points

Thanks!

#501 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

DMRPIN - 10 points

Thank you!

#502 KJ.West

KJ.West

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

They seem to be out of Sparky plushes.

#503 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

They seem to be out of Sparky plushes.

my order was shipped yesterday.

#504 Teujip

Teujip

Once upon a CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

DMRPIN - 10 points

Thank you
Posted Image

#505 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

DMRPIN - 10 points

Thanks a lot!

#506 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Thanks, I'm saving up to get Meet the Robinsons on blu-ray.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#507 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for the code ZRO Limit.

#508 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Got an email today from DMR and it has "hidden" easter eggs in the email you click to earn up to 25 points. Check your emails for it.

#509 district_9000

district_9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Got an email today from DMR and it has "hidden" easter eggs in the email you click to earn up to 25 points. Check your emails for it.

Will check that out

And thanks for the 10pts code

#510 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

Picked up Sleeping Beauty at an indy record store and it still had a good DMR code in it!