Photo
- - - - -

PAX Prime 2012 Thread: Post (your) PAX (impressions and pics) Edition!

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#181 io

io

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

Also, cheers to metaly for the Cheesecake Factory desserts

Wait, what did I miss here? :lol:

#182 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

So tired today. Have to unpack, sort through swag, and do some typical errand-type stuff. Will post some thoughts on the show once I'm more awake :-P

Wait, what did I miss here? :lol:

That was on Thursday night; bitprophet and I met up with metaly and went out to dinner, where poutine was discussed (it was on the menu at the place we went to, and we were like, WTF?) :lol: Afterwards, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert; since we picked up his dinner tab, metaly got our dessert one :)
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#183 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

I had a blast at the meetup. Thanks for organizing it blueshinra.

It was nice to talk to Kube00 at the CagCast.

#184 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Ughh swag sorted, PR emails sent, and somehow Ive got the PAX sickness....

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#185 io

io

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

That was on Thursday night; bitprophet and I met up with metaly and went out to dinner, where poutine was discussed (it was on the menu at the place we went to, and we were like, WTF?) :lol: Afterwards, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert; since we picked up his dinner tab, metaly got our dessert one :)

Gotcha...

My son sorted out all the swag last night when we got home. After he took nearly half of it to his room and gave his little brothers and sister some more of it, there wasn't much left for me ;).

I also realized after I got home I completely failed to get anything for his big sister. But given that she is 15 and not into video games at all, it would have been hard for me to drop $20+ on some shirt only to have her think it was hideous and never wear it. But I probably could have gotten her something at one of the oddball merchant booths where they just had random Japanese-style T-shirts. The thing is, even then I wouldn't know if she would think it was cool or completely nerdy. So I guess I did the right thing my playing it safe. She just wants iTunes money in return for the oversight - I can deal with that ;).

I am so glad some random person handed us their ZombieU mask on the way out of the hall on the last day - my 4 year-old has been running all over the house saying "Braaiiins" and randomly hissing while wearing the mask. Good times...

#186 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

did all my numbers, I spent a total of $186.xx just on food alone...

and miraculously I did not come home with a gut!!!

thank you Seattle for all the walking!!

#187 io

io

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

And this is why I brought as much swag home as I did (note that the Skylanders shirt was something we bought before PAX at Target or Fred Meyer ;)):

#188 io

io

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

Ughh swag sorted, PR emails sent, and somehow Ive got the PAX sickness....

I came out of it unscathed, which is really kind of amazing. I spend nearly all school year (which starts next week) sick, though, since my kids go to 4 different schools. Maybe I had some immunity built up to whatever was present at PAX ;).

#189 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

Posted a bunch of PAX pics in a blog entry - http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=24598

Pulled out my favorites from that set to repost here (if that's cool):

Posted Image
Kirby!

Posted Image
Old Final Fantasy games!

Posted Image
The best Rock Band performers ever!

Posted Image
The history of Minecraft logos!

Posted Image
TAKE THAT!

Posted Image
Really awesome Vivi cosplay!

Posted Image
GANGNAM STYLE!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#190 io

io

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Saw this on Twitter:

Cheapy and Tai at 2:16, and Cheapy and Shipwreck at 3:31

#191 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

PAX was awesome, and it was great getting to meet you guys!

If it's anything like East, most of the places in the area won't be taking reservations.

In hindsight, I was way off on this. Didn't realize that there were so many more restaurants around Prime than East.