Photo
- - - - -

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#91 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

amazon listing but its not available yet http://www.amazon.co...37816674&sr=8-4

#92 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Amazon has placeholders up for this, so no reason to preorder from Capcom aka Digital River that can't properly pack something to save its life.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0085O6XHC/

#93 T1BillionX

T1BillionX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

It needs more Street Fighter!!!

#94 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'm going to wait for the Super Ultimate Turbo Skyhook Wasabi Sushi Kamikaze Sayonara edition. Then I'll buy it used.

Bwaaahahahahahahaha!!!
What is this, the famous comedian Dane Cook posts on CAG?!

#95 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

Cool. Set up a reminder. All for picking it up as long as it's coming from Amazon.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#96 darrenf619

darrenf619

!yrasreviGAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

Does the Capcom store ever charge right away for a preorder? Or do they only charge upon shipment?
psn: darrenat0r

#97 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

Does the Capcom store ever charge right away for a preorder? Or do they only charge upon shipment?

Only upon shipment.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#98 IIIFrostyIII

IIIFrostyIII

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

I don't understand why people are saying this isn't a good deal and a rip-off. That statue alone is worth $90 considering other CE's I have seen in the past, plus it comes with a special chest, Four Games, and Like $50+ of DLC. The Borderlands 2 CE doesn't interest me

#99 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

I like all of the stuff that this comes with, I do already have some of it but I can give extra copies to friends or such so that I can play with them. I'll definitely have to think about this one :p
Posted Image

#100 darrenf619

darrenf619

!yrasreviGAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

Only upon shipment.

This apply for both PayPal and CC?

#101 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

This apply for both PayPal and CC?

I'm fairly sure that if you pay using PAYPAL for anything it [the funds] will be deducted from your account immediately regardless of when the item ships.

I know firsthand that if you preorder something from Digital River (capcom store) you will have the funds held for a short period of time (pre authorization) and then it will disappear.

It is more similar to best buy then amazon

#102 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

I don't know why people are bitching about this. It's a really damn cool package. The soundtrack and artbook will be awesome. You get disc version of download only games. There's also the Ryu statue, which actually looks cool. This is a great set for collectors or big Street Fighter fans. I wish more companies would do this. I don't even mind that I'm double dipping on everything but the soundtrack lol.

The soundtrack sounds awesome but the artbook sounds kinda shitty. I mean, you're collecting 25 years of arguably the greatest fighting game franchise in... 64 pages? And that statue will likely be a cheapo statue... most pro statues don't rely on lights and the few that do are extremely expensive. That box looks nice though, assuming it's real velvet and not just a print.

But I agree, it doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. And I actually don't like Capcom so I have no reason to defend them.:lol:

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#103 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

I don't understand why people are saying this isn't a good deal and a rip-off. That statue alone is worth $90 considering other CE's I have seen in the past, plus it comes with a special chest, Four Games, and Like $50+ of DLC. The Borderlands 2 CE doesn't interest me

Skyrim went on eBay for $20-30. Does this one have gold inlays to justify this estimate?
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#104 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

very tempting but I can't do it.
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#105 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Don't worry there are a lot of people on this website that are absolutely horrible at speculating video game value [looking at you Diablo III thread].

If this is exclusive to the U.S. and has a small print then it will be well worh the $150, even if you are only trying to resell it at a later time.

Capcom is known for being a money grubber but they have also sold some exclusives in their capcom store that have held their value over time.

I highly doubt anyone other then Amazon or the Capcom store will carry these as the demand won't be there for large retailers to take on the risk of selling something like this.

However it is a little bothersome that they haven't relased a print size. Most of their items that are truly limited will include the total print size in the product description. Also because the release date is so far away (September 18th) they may very well decide on how many to print based off how many preorders they have come the end of June or July

#106 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

This looks tempting. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#107 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

For an extra $50 you get disc versions, the statue, the artbook, the soundtrack, the anime, the movies, and the awesome collector's set. The anime/movies/soundtrack alone is worth that extra $50. I love the people doing the cost breakdown acting like they're making a point. Dollar for dollar this is actually a really fair deal. They give you A LOT of stuff. We're not all Gamestop kiddies. Some people on here have robust collections and are big fans of certain franchises. This is awesome to that group, which I am a part of.

Agreed. $50 extra is still good, but some CAg here may not like all the extra stuff. By the time this is released, maybe the games alone will drop a bit.

#108 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Sounds like the "individually numbered" ploy is working. Everything ever produced is limited. They number it, and people go nuts. Whoopdie doo. I'm limited to two giant breasts. Next time I go to work, I'm going to number them and maybe someone will make it rain.

It worked for Duke Nukem Forever! I have a really low number too, number 800,000 or something :roll:

#109 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

It finally showed up on the Capcom store; I updated the OP with links. I don't think it's exclusive to the store though so it may turn up on Amazon or someplace else, but maybe not.

ostzsk.jpg

#110 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

Thanks for posting this OP! Grew up with SF & MK. Definitely in for one, but I'd like to ask.. How good is Capcom when it comes to shipping?

I'm thinking if I should wait till Amazon sells it or just pull the trigger now.

#111 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

PS3: http://www.amazon.co...37822175&sr=1-2

360: http://www.amazon.co...37822175&sr=1-3

It should be up soon.

#112 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

Alright, enough with the arguing. If you have no interest in this game, don't post.

#113 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

And now for something on topic. I ordered one from Capcom. I hope they ship securely!!!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#114 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

PS3: http://www.amazon.co...37822175&sr=1-2

360: http://www.amazon.co...37822175&sr=1-3

It should be up soon.

Updated the OP, thanks.

ostzsk.jpg

#115 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

They didn't go up for sale and sell out already did they??

#116 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

They didn't go up for sale and sell out already did they??

On Amazon? Nope, still waiting.

They are ready for pre-order at Capcom though.

#117 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

I'm a little tempted to get this primarily for the music CDs and statue.

Wonder what the "remixes" are. That said, if the Street Fighter Tribute Album isn't included in its entirety, that would be some serious bullshit. (ETA: Hrm, nope.)

Edited by blueshinra, 24 May 2012 - 02:06 AM.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#118 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

Alright, enough with the arguing. If you have no interest in this game, don't post.

What he said.

Thanks for cleaning things up in here, Trakan.

#119 rodieremix

rodieremix

Parapsychologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:41 AM

Mega Man's 25th is coming soon as well hopefully we get something as cool as this.

Yes that would be awesome, the only difference is that Capcom puts will run Street Fighter into the ground as soon as possible but they won't release a proper Mega Man game so I wouldn't hold my breath for something nearly as cool for him unfortunately.

I really like the look of this set and it really doesn't seem like a bad deal. I kind of fell off Street Fighter for a while so the only game I have is SSIV, so this wouldn't be a bad deal. But I'm still going to try and hold out for $100 or less.

#120 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

Yes that would be awesome, the only difference is that Capcom puts will run Street Fighter into the ground as soon as possible but they won't release a proper Mega Man game so I wouldn't hold my breath for something nearly as cool for him unfortunately.

I really like the look of this set and it really doesn't seem like a bad deal. I kind of fell off Street Fighter for a while so the only game I have is SSIV, so this wouldn't be a bad deal. But I'm still going to try and hold out for $100 or less.

Nah we're not getting game. At best a statue like Ryu or something maybe an announcement of a game at best. For Mega Man's 20th they sold copper and silver MM statues for Japan only. :cry: