Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon: (thanks to Vendetta for the links)
PS3 Version
360 Version

Capcom store:
PS3 Version
360 Version

2c2594b8fb68621b0934e72f70686a4b.jpg

From Capcom's website:

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Video
-New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game.
-Street Fighter IV, Super SFIV anime movies
-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!)
-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Light-up Ryu statue
-Brand new statue with light up base. Eight inches tall and frozen in mid Shoryuken.
11 disc soundtrack
-Game music from the past 25 years, including remixes and fan-created music.
64 page hardcover art book
-Containing pieces from fans all over the world.
Ryu's belt
-Full size martial arts black belt for the aspiring World Warrior. Includes Ryu's "Furinkazan" in kanji.
Certificate of Authenticity
-Like any good collector's set, this comes with a lovely piece of paper telling you how limited and special it is. They're all individually numbered, so get one before they disappear! Arrives on September 18.

*UPDATE*
The PS3 version will be getting all 3 Alpha games as PSOne Classics and Alpha 3 MAX on PSP (digital download presumably).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zaku77']You really want to see a fat sweaty guy without his shirt on?[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! Touché, but wrong ;)

At any rate, I'm just annoyed with Capcom. I enjoy their games, but this just seems like another cash grab. The time to offer value to super fans was during the release of one their many iterations of Street Fighter. The fans have bought each edition as it was released... I did, and I felt a little burned each time. That doesn't put me in the mood to spend more money. I'm guessing there are others in the same boat, but certainly many will jump on this as well. It's a good buy if you are interested in SF but [inexplicably] still haven't taken the plunge on any of the many versions of the game, or if you've just got the cash to burn.

[quote name='GalvatronType_R']I'm going to wait for the Super Ultimate Turbo Skyhook Wasabi Sushi Kamikaze Sayonara edition. Then I'll buy it used.[/QUOTE]

Bwaaahahahahahahaha!!!
What is this, the famous comedian Dane Cook posts on CAG?!

[quote name='darrenf619']Does the Capcom store ever charge right away for a preorder? Or do they only charge upon shipment?[/QUOTE]

Only upon shipment.

I don't understand why people are saying this isn't a good deal and a rip-off. That statue alone is worth $90 considering other CE's I have seen in the past, plus it comes with a special chest, Four Games, and Like $50+ of DLC. The Borderlands 2 CE doesn't interest me

[quote name='IIIFrostyIII']I don't understand why people are saying this isn't a good deal and a rip-off. That statue alone is worth $90 considering other CE's I have seen in the past, plus it comes with a special chest, Four Games, and Like $50+ of DLC. The Borderlands 2 CE doesn't interest me[/QUOTE]

The statue is worth $90?

Let's just pull random numbers out of our asses.

My testicles are worth $53,948! (for the pair, or $30,000 each)

I like all of the stuff that this comes with, I do already have some of it but I can give extra copies to friends or such so that I can play with them. I'll definitely have to think about this one :p

I don't know why people are bitching about this. It's a really damn cool package. The soundtrack and artbook will be awesome. You get disc version of download only games. There's also the Ryu statue, which actually looks cool. This is a great set for collectors or big Street Fighter fans. I wish more companies would do this. I don't even mind that I'm double dipping on everything but the soundtrack lol.

Anyone know when Capcom charges on pre-orders? I'd hate for it to be like Best Buy who pre-authorize once a week until it releases. With this being $150 that would really suck.

[quote name='Zaku77']I don't know why people are bitching about this. It's a really damn cool package. The soundtrack and artbook will be awesome. You get disc version of download only games. There's also the Ryu statue, which actually looks cool. This is a great set for collectors or big Street Fighter fans. I wish more companies would do this. I don't even mind that I'm double dipping on everything but the soundtrack lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but that's just insane. Why don't you just give Capcom your checking account number and let them take money out of your account each month?

I can't help it, anyone who doesnt have any of these games then ok fine the extra stuff may make it close to worth it. But plopping down $150 just to get the extras? That's unbelieveable.

This side is called cheapassgamer, don't be surprised that someone like you who is so loose with your money is going to get called out.

[quote name='darrenf619']This apply for both PayPal and CC?[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly sure that if you pay using PAYPAL for anything it [the funds] will be deducted from your account immediately regardless of when the item ships.

I know firsthand that if you preorder something from Digital River (capcom store) you will have the funds held for a short period of time (pre authorization) and then it will disappear.

It is more similar to best buy then amazon

[quote name='Zaku77']I don't know why people are bitching about this. It's a really damn cool package. The soundtrack and artbook will be awesome. You get disc version of download only games. There's also the Ryu statue, which actually looks cool. This is a great set for collectors or big Street Fighter fans. I wish more companies would do this. I don't even mind that I'm double dipping on everything but the soundtrack lol.[/QUOTE]

The soundtrack sounds awesome but the artbook sounds kinda shitty. I mean, you're collecting 25 years of arguably the greatest fighting game franchise in... 64 pages? And that statue will likely be a cheapo statue... most pro statues don't rely on lights and the few that do are extremely expensive. That box looks nice though, assuming it's real velvet and not just a print.

But I agree, it doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. And I actually don't like Capcom so I have no reason to defend them.:lol:

[quote name='IIIFrostyIII']I don't understand why people are saying this isn't a good deal and a rip-off. That statue alone is worth $90 considering other CE's I have seen in the past, plus it comes with a special chest, Four Games, and Like $50+ of DLC. The Borderlands 2 CE doesn't interest me[/QUOTE]

Skyrim went on eBay for $20-30. Does this one have gold inlays to justify this estimate?

I think that its hilarious that people think this will be $60 in a few months. I doubt these will even be in stores. This sure as hell won't be halo reach or gears 3 where they produce millions of them. And it comes with way more content than most ce's of this price. I think some people are butthurt deep inside that they can't afford it

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I'm sorry but that's just insane. Why don't you just give Capcom your checking account number and let them take money out of your account each month?

I can't help it, anyone who doesnt have any of these games then ok fine the extra stuff may make it close to worth it. But plopping down $150 just to get the extras? That's unbelieveable.

This side is called cheapassgamer, don't be surprised that someone like you who is so loose with your money is going to get called out.[/QUOTE]

Way to sound way more mad about his post than he was about anyone elses. I'm totally buying one cause *gasp* I am a street fighter fan, and I like everything in the set. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Don't worry there are a lot of people on this website that are absolutely horrible at speculating video game value [looking at you Diablo III thread].

If this is exclusive to the U.S. and has a small print then it will be well worh the $150, even if you are only trying to resell it at a later time.

Capcom is known for being a money grubber but they have also sold some exclusives in their capcom store that have held their value over time.

I highly doubt anyone other then Amazon or the Capcom store will carry these as the demand won't be there for large retailers to take on the risk of selling something like this.

However it is a little bothersome that they haven't relased a print size. Most of their items that are truly limited will include the total print size in the product description. Also because the release date is so far away (September 18th) they may very well decide on how many to print based off how many preorders they have come the end of June or July

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']My testicles are worth $53,948! (for the pair, or $30,000 each)[/QUOTE]

Will wait for the drop.

[quote name='Zaku77']I don't know why people are bitching about this. It's a really damn cool package. The soundtrack and artbook will be awesome. You get disc version of download only games. There's also the Ryu statue, which actually looks cool. This is a great set for collectors or big Street Fighter fans. I wish more companies would do this. I don't even mind that I'm double dipping on everything but the soundtrack lol.

Anyone know when Capcom charges on pre-orders? I'd hate for it to be like Best Buy who pre-authorize once a week until it releases. With this being $150 that would really suck.[/QUOTE]

Its a cool package. I think people saying that its overpriced. Its great deal if u are a collector and not a reseller. We all learn Capcom like to milk stuff and I dont think this is going to be limited.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']The statue is worth $90?

Let's just pull random numbers out of our asses.

My testicles are worth $53,948! (for the pair, or $30,000 each)[/QUOTE]

Your a fuking looser.

Here's a random number: The amount of guys you've blown is 24.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I'm sorry but that's just insane. Why don't you just give Capcom your checking account number and let them take money out of your account each month?

This side is called cheapassgamer, don't be surprised that someone like you who is so loose with your money is going to get called out.[/QUOTE]

"cheapass"gamer, not "ass"gamer.

I guess I'm just a cheapassgamer. (that doesn't care about statues, or anime, or belts, or dolls and any other non-game related junk, they're worth $0 IMO)

To1uS.png

FjXak.png

87HnG.png

$38.41
+
$32.56
+
$14.99

Couldn't find the price of Turbo but I know it's $10-$15, so I'll say $15

$100.96

Screw you Capcom!

For an extra $50 you get disc versions, the statue, the artbook, the soundtrack, the anime, the movies, and the awesome collector's set. The anime/movies/soundtrack alone is worth that extra $50. I love the people doing the cost breakdown acting like they're making a point. Dollar for dollar this is actually a really fair deal. They give you A LOT of stuff. We're not all Gamestop kiddies. Some people on here have robust collections and are big fans of certain franchises. This is awesome to that group, which I am a part of.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I guess I'm just a cheapassgamer. (that doesn't care about statues, or anime and non-game related junk, they're worth $0 IMO)

To1uS.png

FjXak.png

87HnG.png

$38.41
+
$32.56
+
$14.99

Couldn't find the price of Turbo but I know it's $10-$15, so I'll say $15

$100.96

Screw you Capcom![/QUOTE]

Sigh... if you're going to do math, make sure you add it up correctly. All of the costumes in SF IV (roughly 3 packs) is around 30 and the SF X Tekken characters cost 20. This alone evens out the 150 price tag. This isn't even counting the other SF X Tekken DLC, discs, side content, etc... so yeah, great math! :roll:

[quote name='admiralvic']Sigh... if you're going to do math, make sure you add it up correctly. All of the costumes in SF IV (roughly 3 packs) is around 30 and the characters cost 20. This alone evens out the 150 price tag. This isn't even counting the other SF X Tekken DLC, discs, side content, etc... so yeah, great math! :roll:[/QUOTE]

My math is correct, you are the one adding things. I honestly don't care about dlc either. I'm not paying $20 extra for some more characters that were already on the disc in the first place.

Even Namco said that was ridiculous and that when they do Tekken vs Street Fighter they're not going to charge people for extra characters.

So my point stands, screw Capcom and they're hidden fees, dolls, animes and all that.

[quote name='admiralvic']Sigh... if you're going to do math, make sure you add it up correctly. All of the costumes in SF IV (roughly 3 packs) is around 30 and the SF X Tekken characters cost 20. This alone evens out the 150 price tag. This isn't even counting the other SF X Tekken DLC, discs, side content, etc... so yeah, great math! :roll:[/QUOTE]

No, you don't understand.

Capcom is always wrong. No matter what they do they're wrong.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']My math is correct, you are the one adding things. I honestly don't care about dlc either. I'm not paying $20 extra for some more characters that were already on the disc in the first place.

Even Namco said that was ridiculous and that when they do Tekken vs Street Fighter they're not going to charge people for extra characters.

So my point stands, screw Capcom and they're hidden fees, dolls, animes and all that.[/QUOTE]
I agree. If you don't find value in something then it has no value to anyone else.

[quote name='Zaku77']For an extra $50 you get disc versions, the statue, the artbook, the soundtrack, the anime, the movies, and the awesome collector's set. The anime/movies/soundtrack alone is worth that extra $50. I love the people doing the cost breakdown acting like they're making a point. Dollar for dollar this is actually a really fair deal. They give you A LOT of stuff. We're not all Gamestop kiddies. Some people on here have robust collections and are big fans of certain franchises. This is awesome to that group, which I am a part of.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. $50 extra is still good, but some CAg here may not like all the extra stuff. By the time this is released, maybe the games alone will drop a bit.

[quote name='midloo']Sounds like the "individually numbered" ploy is working. Everything ever produced is limited. They number it, and people go nuts. Whoopdie doo. I'm limited to two giant breasts. Next time I go to work, I'm going to number them and maybe someone will make it rain.[/QUOTE]

It worked for Duke Nukem Forever! I have a really low number too, number 800,000 or something :roll:

[quote name='whoknows']No, you don't understand.

Capcom is always wrong. No matter what they do they're wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah because adding 12 characters to the disc when the game is created and keeping it locked and charging $20 more for it later is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right!

You got it backwards, Capcom is ALWAYS RIGHT! Let me bend over and hand you my checking account number, Capcom!

I actually left the DLC out. With that included (especially the $20 character pack) it evens out even more. I love how this Vidgames guy has all these stipulations. "I don't care about statues, sounds, teh art, dlc, or joo, so it's teh bad deal!"

Funny how when you just decide to 'not care' about certain factors you can manipulate a situation.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Yeah because adding 12 characters to the disc when the game is created and keeping it locked and charging $20 more for it later is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right!

You got it backwards, Capcom is ALWAYS RIGHT![/QUOTE]

I agree. They should have made everyone download them off XBL/PSN. Then it would have been okay.

It's you idiots that justify companies releasing stuff like this, and why premium editions went from a $10 increase last gen (reasonable) to a $40 increase this gen (unreasonable)

It finally showed up on the Capcom store; I updated the OP with links. I don't think it's exclusive to the store though so it may turn up on Amazon or someplace else, but maybe not.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']It's you idiots that justify companies releasing stuff like this, and why premium editions went from a $10 increase last gen (reasonable) to a $40 increase this gen (unreasonable)[/QUOTE]
You don't have to buy it jackass. No need to come in a thread and shit on this

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']It's you idiots that justify companies releasing stuff like this, and why premium editions went from a $10 increase last gen (reasonable) to a $40 increase this gen (unreasonable)[/QUOTE]

Yes, because something like this was made to sell 1 million+ copies. Its intended market is definitely not hardcore SF fans and collectors.

Why even bother posting in a Collector's Set topic when everything besides the games are worthless to you? Did you seriously expect a bunch of super-discounted SF games and nothing more?

Soundtracks, artbooks, statuettes are the norm for this type of product. I'm as turned off by Capcom's lousy SFxT marketing tactics as the next guy, but even I have to admit this looks like a really good deal.

I want you to try your hardest to think some unbiased and non-idiotic thoughts for a moment. Your 100$ cost analysis was just for the games, correct? Okay, now let's look at what you decided to not count

Blue ray set with a documentary, 2 movies, and the entire animated series (26 episodes long and the boxset is out of print)
ELEVEN disc soundtrack
64 page hardcover (that means it's nicer even if it is small) artbook
The statue
The belt (woopdeedoo, but it's still there)
All of that DLC (the characters alone are $20)
Exclusive disc version of download only games (this is definitely worth mentioning)

With that said, if the character DLC is $20 (which it's already been announced that it is), do you REALLY, HONESTLY mean to tell me that everything else I listed is not worth $30? When I say worth, I'm not asking you to tell me if it's something you want. I don't care at all. I mean in dollars and cents, is it worth at least $30? This is a purely rhetorical question. The answer is obviously yes. I'm not even counting the 'premium' that is associated with collector goods like this. Which, funnily enough, this one doesn't seem to have. If you can objectively argue with this, then please do.

Extra value meals are definitely not worth $5.50. I don't give a fuck about a soda and I don't even like fries. Therefore, extra value meals should cost roughly $2 because that's how much the hamburgers cost.

bread's done
Back