Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon: (thanks to Vendetta for the links)
PS3 Version
360 Version

Capcom store:
PS3 Version
360 Version

2c2594b8fb68621b0934e72f70686a4b.jpg

From Capcom's website:

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Video
-New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game.
-Street Fighter IV, Super SFIV anime movies
-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!)
-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Light-up Ryu statue
-Brand new statue with light up base. Eight inches tall and frozen in mid Shoryuken.
11 disc soundtrack
-Game music from the past 25 years, including remixes and fan-created music.
64 page hardcover art book
-Containing pieces from fans all over the world.
Ryu's belt
-Full size martial arts black belt for the aspiring World Warrior. Includes Ryu's "Furinkazan" in kanji.
Certificate of Authenticity
-Like any good collector's set, this comes with a lovely piece of paper telling you how limited and special it is. They're all individually numbered, so get one before they disappear! Arrives on September 18.

*UPDATE*
The PS3 version will be getting all 3 Alpha games as PSOne Classics and Alpha 3 MAX on PSP (digital download presumably).

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else's preorder showing as 'Shipping Soon'?
I know it's not even possible, but mine is, and I just want to make sure they don't place authorization holds on my account this far in advance.
LMAO.

lol, u can preorder up to 30 per platform per order...limited shmited.
i can see it now, "LIMITED TO 1,000,000 UNITS! GET YOUR'S NOW BEFORE THEY'RE ALL GONE!" oh capcom..if we didn't have such a strong nostalgic bond i would totally hate you.

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol, u can preorder up to 30 per platform per order...limited shmited.
i can see it now, "LIMITED TO 1,000,000 UNITS! GET YOUR'S NOW BEFORE THEY'RE ALL GONE!" oh capcom..if we didn't have such a strong nostalgic bond i would totally hate you.[/QUOTE]

Lol.
'Limited' in this case might mean -EVENTUALLY- they won't be manufacturing anymore.
:D

[quote name='fenixrisingxl']Is anyone else's preorder showing as 'Shipping Soon'?
I know it's not even possible, but mine is, and I just want to make sure they don't place authorization holds on my account this far in advance.
LMAO.[/QUOTE]

Damn it. Now it's showing as 'Not Yet Shipped.'
Guess I won't be getting my broken-streetdate copies anytime soon.
Curses!

An 11 disk soundtrack? Really? When I first saw the pic I thought," Oh shit are they packing all the SF games on here for 150? But no...that just wouldnt make for the largest financial gain would it now Capcom?

360 Pre-order set.

Seeing as I only own Super SF4 and the original SF2 on XBLA, this is a pretty good bundle. Glad all the DLC is on it, despite hating the practice just as much as the next guy. I kinda wish UMvC was on it too, but you can't have everything.

[quote name='therealdanhill']MSRP, not a deal[/QUOTE]
DSRP, not a meal.

Well, I went ahead and placed a pre-order now just in case it is actually limited/sells out quickly. I doubt that I'll end up keeping my preorder though, since I already have Borderlands 2 Limited Edition and P-Body's Portal Gun on the horizon.

[quote name='HellKnightKilla'] I kinda wish UMvC was on it too, but you can't have everything.[/QUOTE]

It is called "Street Fighter" Anniversary Collector's set, y'know.... Marvel vs. Capcom is not part of SF series...

My favorite Street Fighter game of all time remains Street Fighter Alpha 2, on the Saturn.

[quote name='Guimengo']My favorite Street Fighter game of all time remains Street Fighter Alpha 2, on the Saturn.[/QUOTE]
ST/HDR, especially playing online.

[quote name='agentcoop007']LOLd when i saw the 360 edition came with blu-rays[/QUOTE]

Better then another digital distribution of the stuff...

[quote name='therealdanhill']MSRP, not a deal[/QUOTE]
:applause:

How many of these types of posts have you posted thus far?

[quote name='agentcoop007']LOLd when i saw the 360 edition came with blu-rays[/QUOTE]
Then you realized it wasn't funny because blu-rays are predominantly used to play movies and not games.

Ordered 1 for each console....just in case I decide I want the PS3 version...it sucks that SFxT will be $20 by the time this comes out but I really just want the statue and all of the soundtrack discs

[quote name='Guimengo']My favorite Street Fighter game of all time remains Street Fighter Alpha 2, on the Saturn.[/QUOTE]

This a million times.

[quote name='Stele']Then you realized it wasn't funny because blu-rays are predominantly used to play movies and not games.[/QUOTE]
I don't think you understand why that's funny. It has nothing to do with game discs.

That actually does bring up a good question though, will this be the first collector's edition released for 360 that contains bonus material on blu ray? Skyrim and Witcher 2 both still used DVDs in their X360 special editions.

The documentary will make a brake this Collector's set...

That alone means it is probably not worth the price.

At least for the Street Fighter soundtracks are good not great, and the anime's were average at best.

All the content not being on disk ruined this for me.

Preordered one, but I really doubt I'll keep it. Not into the statue, and I think they really could have included more SF games at that price.

Unless this item suddenly appears in every retail store, it's going to turn into one of those ridiculously rare collector's item.

If they gave you the SFII Anime series (not the American series) I think this would make a pretty cool collector's set. I know you get the SF II movie but there was like 29 (I think) episode Anime series as well. If that came with it, then it would be I think a cool little set.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If they gave you the SFII Anime series (not the American series) I think this would make a pretty cool collector's set. I know you get the SF II movie but there was like 29 (I think) episode Anime series as well. If that came with it, then it would be I think a cool little set.[/QUOTE]
It's 26 episodes and the features listing does say it's one of the items included. However, unless they just ported the DVDs right onto the blu-rays, there's no way all of that along with the other crap they had listed would fit on 2 BDs.

On second thought, I bet that's exactly what Capcom would do. Just slap shit together.

The collection is awesome but only 2 games on DISC. Kinda disappointed. Should put all games on DISC & includes all contents on DISC instead download code. I may picked up whenever it drop down $70 or less ;)

[quote name='Stele']It's 26 episodes and the features listing does say it's one of the items included. However, unless they just ported the DVDs right onto the blu-rays, there's no way all of that along with the other crap they had listed would fit on 2 BDs.

On second thought, I bet that's exactly what Capcom would do. Just slap shit together.[/QUOTE]
Oh didn't see that, they yeah this is pretty cool. Capcom would slap everything together on discs and throw in a shitty menu. I mean really, all they are doing here is repackaging stuff and selling it at a premium with a statue. It's for the die hard Street Fighter market and Capcom knows they can get away with it.

Although I would still bite if I had money to throw away. I been eyeing a copy of SF IV AE, but it's way too expensive for my tastes still. (and I never played SF III, or SF vs Tekken and the SF II Animated movie is of high interest for me).

[quote name='Stele']It's 26 episodes and the features listing does say it's one of the items included. However, unless they just ported the DVDs right onto the blu-rays, there's no way all of that along with the other crap they had listed would fit on 2 BDs.

On second thought, I bet that's exactly what Capcom would do. Just slap shit together.[/QUOTE]

It's not the anime series, its the terrible US cartoon.

[quote name='nbballard']^I wonder if that is why they ignored the Alpha games.[/QUOTE]

I got excited watching the trailer and saw SF Alpha mentioned, then realized it was only the sountrack list.

Guys, the only games on the compilation are ones already released on 360/PS3. Capcom would have to spend money and give a shit if they wanted to include the Alpha games.

[quote name='jayntampa']It's not the anime series, its the terrible US cartoon.[/QUOTE]

I won't get my hopes up, but I hope that isn't true. Too many 'up in the air' details as of now, I'll hold off thinking about pre-ordering until this all gets sorted out.

I really want to get this, and I probably will, but given Capcom's history this won't go out of print or be rare. I think a good price for me to pick it up would be

I probably won't buy it, as I'm not a big Street Fighter fan, but anyone who doesn't consider $150 for everything included an absolutely amazing deal needs their head examined...

bread's done
Back