Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon: (thanks to Vendetta for the links)
PS3 Version
360 Version

Capcom store:
PS3 Version
360 Version

2c2594b8fb68621b0934e72f70686a4b.jpg

From Capcom's website:

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Video
-New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game.
-Street Fighter IV, Super SFIV anime movies
-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!)
-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Light-up Ryu statue
-Brand new statue with light up base. Eight inches tall and frozen in mid Shoryuken.
11 disc soundtrack
-Game music from the past 25 years, including remixes and fan-created music.
64 page hardcover art book
-Containing pieces from fans all over the world.
Ryu's belt
-Full size martial arts black belt for the aspiring World Warrior. Includes Ryu's "Furinkazan" in kanji.
Certificate of Authenticity
-Like any good collector's set, this comes with a lovely piece of paper telling you how limited and special it is. They're all individually numbered, so get one before they disappear! Arrives on September 18.

*UPDATE*
The PS3 version will be getting all 3 Alpha games as PSOne Classics and Alpha 3 MAX on PSP (digital download presumably).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrBubbles']In what world can you possibly justify Capcom locking content out of the game, then have the audacity to charge you to access it down the road? They got so much bad rep that at management level they're reworking their policies. http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29118153/Question_about_on-disc_DLC I mean, you really can't spin this any other way than Capcom acknowledging this issue. They've done this practice in the past, but not to this scale. Incidentally Jill and Shuma aren't part of UMvC3, they're still DLC.[/QUOTE]

So you're basically just here to troll Capcom fighters? Jeez, just say so instead of beating around the bush.

I actually think the $150 for this is a decent deal if you factor in all the extra DLC. I only own SSF4AE and IIHD on the Digital Collection, so I might be up for this.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']super hyper street fighter ultimate fanboy championship edition. wear your ryu belt with pride as you shoryuken down the halls of fame on your segway.

this is the total nerd edition made for people who already have every installment of streetfighter anyway. sorry but capcom never fails to fail when it comes to trying to drain all your bucks.[/QUOTE]

lol perhaps. but after having played asuras wrath for the past 2 hours i can forgive capcom for its crazyness because they can still pop a gem like this

By looking at the set, one might think Ryu is the only character in any of the games.

Nice set though, Street Fighter and I have some great memories. I remember studying my copies of EGM, saving every quarter I could, and waking up at the crack of dawn to go to the arcade on weekends...

Seems like a pretty pointless collection to me. The main audience for this is people who already own every single one of those games.

I want the other stuff, but I'm not paying $150 for it when I own all the games.

[quote name='distgfx']You called characters in a fighter frivolous, I was disagreeing and saying it adds to the overall value of the bundle whether or not you like the practice.[/QUOTE]

That sounds fair enough, I apologize for the mishap. It's not up to me to value or dismiss that content altogether. I've already said my peace and replied to some folks who didn't like my pricing structure for the content, there's not much else to say.

So you're basically just here to troll Capcom fighters? Jeez, just say so instead of beating around the bush.

Wish I could get paid as much as you to rigorously accuse people of trolling or defend the sanctity of Capcom on an online forum. The only point I was making was that Capcom has a track-record of storing characters on discs, even in revisions. So what they're doing in SFxTekken isn't a surprise and technically it's not DLC. Oh and by the way, try not to be -too- offended by what I think of this. You're an adult and can make decisions for yourself on the value of products, not anonymous users over the internet, so let's not shit thread because you are offended that I'm open about my opinion on Capcom's shaddy anti-consumer practices.

I only wish this collection was more complete in terms of the earlier games in the series. I'd much rather have SF1 through Super Turbo in their original incarnations than a Ryu belt, even if they were offline only. I'm assuming this wouldn't be too much of a stretch as they've all been emulated via the Capcom Classics Collections.

[quote name='MrBubbles']
Wish I could get paid as much as you to rigorously accuse people of trolling or defend the sanctity of Capcom on an online forum. The only point I was making was that Capcom has a track-record of storing characters on discs, even in revisions. So what they're doing in SFxTekken isn't a surprise and technically it's not DLC. Oh and by the way, try not to be -too- offended by what I think of this. You're an adult and can make decisions for yourself on the value of products, not anonymous users over the internet, so let's not shit thread because you are offended that I'm open about my opinion on Capcom's shaddy anti-consumer practices.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm not offended. But you're really just here to push an agenda and play with fonts sizes - the agenda being that on-disc characters are a bad idea or value or something. Whereas the people who are actually interested in these games will find great value in the bundle's extra characters, regardless of whether they're included on-disc. We've all heard the disc locks arguments before so they're beyond tired. But the bundle actually circumvents those arguments anyway, because it's including what some people feel they shouldn't have to pay extra for. Arguing against it anyway, whether or not it's included, is pointless.

Already own the games on 350, but I really want this. Perhaps I'll get the ps3 version.

Sorry for the noob question but if this dies become available for preorder on amazon do you pay the full amount up front? Never preordered from Amazon. Would be nice if I could just get this at Best Buy or Gamestop.

[quote name='TooPoor']Seems like a cool set, but my $150 have already gone to Borderlands 2...[/QUOTE]
This is probably the single best argument to keep me from buying this set :)

[quote name='MrBubbles']
If you're looking at it objectively, you have SF4 Arcade, 2 digital games, and SFxTekken as the main meat of the package (with the frivolous costume DLC I might add). We're gonna ballpark that to $100 worth of content, the extra $50 is on a Bluray documentary, DVDs, Shoryuken statue, belt, artbook, and soundtrack.
[/QUOTE]
To be fair, that's a movie and a 26-episode series on DVD, and an eleven disc soundtrack. There's a sizable difference between that and "DVDs and a soundtrack." I'd imagine there's $50 retail value in a light-up PVC statue, documentary, movie, 26 episode series, belt, hardbound artbook, and 11 CDs.

[quote name='driverhasabomb']I have a remix going on the fan-made music discs. Super pumped for it![/QUOTE]

Congrats to you!

One of my pieces made it into the artbook as well. :)

IF SF3TS and SSF2THDR are on-disc, as well as SFxT has all the patches and costumes on the disc as well I'd consider this.

At this point I'd be triple-dipping.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']When it hits $60 I might bite.[/QUOTE]

No way this ever hits $60. These are individually numbered. I am thinking these will sell out as pre-orders. You don't individually number a "limited" edition that gets 80,000+ units. I am not a fighting game fan, (outside of Soul Calibur) so it's not for me, but for those who love SF or are flippers, you'd better pre-order.

I heard, (no idea if this is true or not) that the Diablo III Collector's Edition was 100,000 copies. So even though it is $50 less than this, (and in greater demand) that is still a relatively limited number, but far more than would ever have been individually numbered. And those will be running at about $250 in a few weeks, only going up from there for sealed copies. Just a thought.

damn that's steep, hopefully it truly is a limited collectors edition, this might have actually been tempting for me if they added more games in

[quote name='Gators300']No way this ever hits $60. These are individually numbered. I am thinking these will sell out as pre-orders. You don't individually number a "limited" edition that gets 80,000+ units. I am not a fighting game fan, (outside of Soul Calibur) so it's not for me, but for those who love SF or are flippers, you'd better pre-order.

I heard, (no idea if this is true or not) that the Diablo III Collector's Edition was 100,000 copies. So even though it is $50 less than this, (and in greater demand) that is still a relatively limited number, but far more than would ever have been individually numbered. And those will be running at about $250 in a few weeks, only going up from there for sealed copies. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

While I certainly agree these $60 people are annoying, esp since it is one of the better deals Capcom has had... Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition WAS individually numbed and hit 20 usd (original price was 100)

Collectible bust of Duke Nukem
Numbered limited edition certificate of authenticity
100-page hardcover book: History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice

Also if I recall correctly, the edition size was in the 200,000 range.

edit: The highest verified number is 134332. 2K also confirmed the edition to be at 136,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think SFxT should have been included at all.

If this was priced around $169.99-$179.99 with a stick thrown in, it'd be a pretty nice collection.

[quote name='MrBubbles']Disregarding DLC, which is frivolous for these games, here is the cost-by-cost of everything.
.[/QUOTE]Except its not. The $20 worth of 12 extra charactes for SFxTK is pretty significant and shouldnt simply be disregarded to make a point

Am I the only one who was hoping that seeing as how the 25th Anniversary of a video game is a pretty big deal, that we would see some form of every SF game ever packaged in one box? Though I would have preferred an original effort, they could have ported the Alpha Anthology and Capcom Collection stuff fairly easy. Street Fighter EX I could take it or leave it.

[quote name='def PD']IF SF3TS and SSF2THDR are on-disc, as well as SFxT has all the patches and costumes on the disc as well I'd consider this.

At this point I'd be triple-dipping.[/QUOTE]

In the trailer listed on the first page, it has an asterisk that denotes internet connection required. I imagine the 2 downloadable games, the costumes for the disc games, and extra characters for SF x Tekken are all DLC codes.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The USA cartoon, which sad to say is better than most of the other SF animated projects.[/QUOTE]

For real? That significantly dropped my interest on this item. :cold:

[quote name='GalvatronType_R']I'm going to wait for the Super Ultimate Turbo Skyhook Wasabi Sushi Kamikaze Sayonara edition. Then I'll buy it used.[/QUOTE]

Okay I'm calling it: this joke is officially played out.

[quote name='admiralvic']While I certainly agree these $60 people are annoying, esp since it is one of the better deals Capcom has had... Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition WAS individually numbed and hit 20 usd (original price was 100)

Also if I recall correctly, the edition size was in the 200,000 range.

edit: The highest verified number is 134332. 2K also confirmed the edition to be at 136,000.[/QUOTE]

Awesome post. It's pretty hard to know if this thing will actually be rare enough to sell out. It doesn't have any actual game content that's exclusive. The tough thing is it usually makes little sense for actual LE's to be really limited because it doesn't help the company make money. If production is under 30-40k I could see this actually selling out (also based on international availability). Otherwise I bet it'll drop.

[quote name='MSUHitman']In the trailer listed on the first page, it has an asterisk that denotes internet connection required. I imagine the 2 downloadable games, the costumes for the disc games, and extra characters for SF x Tekken are all DLC codes.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I don't see much point in buying this collection at all. I hope we get some clarification from Capcom on the matter.

[quote name='glemtvapen']Which Street Fighter animated series? There's a bunch of them if I recall correctly plus a cartoon (heh).[/QUOTE]
I think it's the cheesy 90s one. On the official Capcom blog, Capcom Unity, it says next to the animated series part,"delicious!"

[quote name='bojay1997']If that's the case, I don't see much point in buying this collection at all. I hope we get some clarification from Capcom on the matter.[/QUOTE]

What's to wonder? The DLC stuff is DLC stuff. The point of buying the collection is the same point as buying it separately, except you get a few extra collectibles and save a bit of money, too.

[quote name='GalvatronType_R']I'm going to wait for the Super Ultimate Turbo Skyhook Wasabi Sushi Kamikaze Sayonara edition. Then I'll buy it used.[/QUOTE]

This just gets funnier every time I hear it.

[quote name='Gators300']No way this ever hits $60. These are individually numbered. I am thinking these will sell out as pre-orders. You don't individually number a "limited" edition that gets 80,000+ units. I am not a fighting game fan, (outside of Soul Calibur) so it's not for me, but for those who love SF or are flippers, you'd better pre-order.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the "individually numbered" ploy is working. Everything ever produced is limited. They number it, and people go nuts. Whoopdie doo. I'm limited to two giant breasts. Next time I go to work, I'm going to number them and maybe someone will make it rain.

[quote name='midloo']Sounds like the "individually numbered" ploy is working. Everything ever produced is limited. They number it, and people go nuts. Whoopdie doo. I'm limited to two giant breasts. Next time I go to work, I'm going to number them and maybe someone will make it rain.[/QUOTE]

Pics?

[quote name='eastx']What's to wonder? The DLC stuff is DLC stuff. The point of buying the collection is the same point as buying it separately, except you get a few extra collectibles and save a bit of money, too.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's already on the disc, so it wouldn't be difficult for them to simply unlock it. Other companies do GOTY editions all the time with the DLC on disc, so it's not like it would be hard for Capcom to do that. Personally, I don't like download only DLC and I'm certainly not going to buy a collection of games I already have if I have to download the DLC instead of having them in a more permanent format.

The only way I would pay $150 is if it came with a full-size SF1 arcade machine hologram and a replica of Rufus' braid handcrafted from Billy Gibbons' facial hair. Amidoingitrite?

Seriously though, I don't know why they wouldn't include a bunch of early games in the series, even if they're of the old-school, low-res, offline variety. I mean, it's a 25th Anniversary Collector's Set, I'm sure there are at least a few folks out there who would like to see the series' roots.

[quote name='Turbojugend']Seriously though, I don't know why they wouldn't include a bunch of early games in the series, even if they're of the old-school, low-res, offline variety. I mean, it's a 25th Anniversary Collector's Set, I'm sure there are at least a few folks out there who would like to see the series' roots.[/QUOTE]

Financially, that would actually be a worse idea. The set is full of stuff that many people already own. Spending a bunch of money to port new games just for the set would make it costlier to produce without significantly increasing the number of buyers. If they also had plans to release the new ports on their own down the line, then debuting them in the collector's set would make good sense.

[quote name='bojay1997']Well, it's already on the disc, so it wouldn't be difficult for them to simply unlock it. Other companies do GOTY editions all the time with the DLC on disc, so it's not like it would be hard for Capcom to do that. Personally, I don't like download only DLC and I'm certainly not going to buy a collection of games I already have if I have to download the DLC instead of having them in a more permanent format.[/QUOTE]

Of course this set is mostly targeted at people who don't own the games already. The only way for somebody with the games to come out ahead would be if they sold or traded their old copies to help finance it. Point being, yeah, the set isn't for everybody, but that's okay. It's still a great value for lapsed fans who haven't gotten the latest games yet.

[quote name='Zaku77']You really want to see a fat sweaty guy without his shirt on?[/QUOTE]

you beat me to it, that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

[quote name='eastx']Financially, that would actually be a worse idea. The set is full of stuff that many people already own. Spending a bunch of money to port new games just for the set would make it costlier to produce without significantly increasing the number of buyers. If they also had plans to release the new ports on their own down the line, then debuting them in the collector's set would actually make the most sense.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I get that. But seeing as they've all been emulated already (albeit on other consoles), it doesn't seem like it would be that much of a stretch. Even the XBLA version of Hyper Fighting is based on the CCC version.

Then again, I have no real clue what I'm talking about.

bread's done
Back