Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon: (thanks to Vendetta for the links)
PS3 Version
360 Version

Capcom store:
PS3 Version
360 Version

2c2594b8fb68621b0934e72f70686a4b.jpg

From Capcom's website:

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Video
-New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game.
-Street Fighter IV, Super SFIV anime movies
-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!)
-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Light-up Ryu statue
-Brand new statue with light up base. Eight inches tall and frozen in mid Shoryuken.
11 disc soundtrack
-Game music from the past 25 years, including remixes and fan-created music.
64 page hardcover art book
-Containing pieces from fans all over the world.
Ryu's belt
-Full size martial arts black belt for the aspiring World Warrior. Includes Ryu's "Furinkazan" in kanji.
Certificate of Authenticity
-Like any good collector's set, this comes with a lovely piece of paper telling you how limited and special it is. They're all individually numbered, so get one before they disappear! Arrives on September 18.

*UPDATE*
The PS3 version will be getting all 3 Alpha games as PSOne Classics and Alpha 3 MAX on PSP (digital download presumably).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this OP! Grew up with SF & MK. Definitely in for one, but I'd like to ask.. How good is Capcom when it comes to shipping?

I'm thinking if I should wait till Amazon sells it or just pull the trigger now.

[quote name='Zaku77']My awesome cost analysis retort got removed :/ lol[/QUOTE]

So did mine. What the fuck? I guess it's okay to post a dumbass cost analysis but not make fun of the dumbass cost analysis.

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']They didn't go up for sale and sell out already did they??[/QUOTE]
On Amazon? Nope, still waiting.

They are ready for pre-order at Capcom though.

I'm a little tempted to get this primarily for the music CDs and statue.

Wonder what the "remixes" are. That said, if the Street Fighter Tribute Album isn't included in its entirety, that would be some serious bullshit. (ETA: Hrm, nope.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trakan']Alright, enough with the arguing. If you have no interest in this game, don't post.[/QUOTE]What he said.

Thanks for cleaning things up in here, Trakan.

[quote name='GUNNM']Mega Man's 25th is coming soon as well hopefully we get something as cool as this.[/QUOTE]

Yes that would be awesome, the only difference is that Capcom puts will run Street Fighter into the ground as soon as possible but they won't release a proper Mega Man game so I wouldn't hold my breath for something nearly as cool for him unfortunately.

I really like the look of this set and it really doesn't seem like a bad deal. I kind of fell off Street Fighter for a while so the only game I have is SSIV, so this wouldn't be a bad deal. But I'm still going to try and hold out for $100 or less.

[quote name='rodieremix']Yes that would be awesome, the only difference is that Capcom puts will run Street Fighter into the ground as soon as possible but they won't release a proper Mega Man game so I wouldn't hold my breath for something nearly as cool for him unfortunately.

I really like the look of this set and it really doesn't seem like a bad deal. I kind of fell off Street Fighter for a while so the only game I have is SSIV, so this wouldn't be a bad deal. But I'm still going to try and hold out for $100 or less.[/QUOTE]
Nah we're not getting game. At best a statue like Ryu or something maybe an announcement of a game at best. For Mega Man's 20th they sold copper and silver MM statues for Japan only. :cry:

Kinda curious as to why this was moved. Because it's MSRP? I've seen so many special CEs and such have their own thread at MSRP in the deals section. Even the Portal gun prop was in the deals section and it's not even a game.

This is true. It was moved because of the one or two people making paper thin arguments and bitching. They are gone now, and it belongs where it was.

[quote name='Zaku77']This is true. It was moved because of the one or two people making paper thin arguments and bitching. They are gone now, and it belongs where it was.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and you know somebody will just make another thread about it. Lately I constantly see like 2 or 3 threads for the same deals in the deals section. People don't even bother to look before posting deals anymore it seems. Well I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, just thought it be nice to have it where CAGs could actually see it and where it could make money for Cheapy...

[quote name='whoknows']Is this worth the $150 cost? Can someone break down the costs of everything included?[/QUOTE]

Kinda hard to determine that since there's no set values for the 11 disc soundtrack, the Ryu statue or Ryu's belt.

[quote name='Zaku77']And now for something on topic. I ordered one from Capcom. I hope they ship securely!!![/QUOTE]

They don't. Digital River does their fulfillment. All three of the items I have ordered from the Capcom store over the past two years have showed up damaged. What's worse is that Capcom can't really do anything but refer you back to Digital River which will accept returns, but won't refund shipping either way. They are really the worst company I have ever dealt with and have no business handling anything of a limited nature.

+1 to never again ordering from Digital River again.

They absolutely boned me when Marvel vc Capcom 3 came out, and never shipping my order.

I was luckily able to win a SE copy at a midnight release, but their customer service was easily some of the worst I've ever dealt with. Zero communication and Capcom won't do anything to help you.

NEVER AGAIN.

Hmm... It'd be nice to have all the extras and AE on the PS3... SFxT is pretentious garbage, though. A good game ruined by greed and bad business practices.

I dunno... I doubt the statue is any good and the belt is pretty lame.

I already have all the games on the 360... but the extra costumes are cool I guess. I dunno... as much as I love collecting LE's for fighting games... I just don't know if I can justify $150 for games I already own.

[quote name='MrBubbles']Disregarding DLC, which is frivolous for these games, here is the cost-by-cost of everything.

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken $40
-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC) $30
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix $15
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition $10

-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!) Why not stream?
-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie Why not stream?
Light-up Ryu statue $30
Ryu's belt $15

~$135 without stuff that's going to be uploaded on YouTube anyway (Documentaries & soundtracks). Even so....from that package you have two digital only games that will be worthless if you already own them. Not to mention Street Fighter x Tekken has some serious issues (console breaking glitch still hasn't been patched), so IDK. I would only put $150 if it came with a tournament arcade stick.[/QUOTE]

Mostly second it. I own the SFII movie (which I watched in theaters as a pre-teen!) and remember the tv show as I watched it in its entirety twice. The games will also have vastly decreased in price by then.

Regardless of how you feel about SF or Capcom, there's one thing you can't argue: This is WAY better than what Nintendo did for Mario's anniversary.

I'm actually in the market for something like this since I none of the games but the it's hard to get over the initial sticker shock of 150 no matter the value. I'd like to think the PS3 versions would have a much better chance of selling out which would result in the xbox version dropping in price, right?

Damn it Capcom!!!...When I read the thread title, I was hoping for a few games plus an arcade joystick (similar to the MK9 game + TE fightstick set & PDP Klassic fighstick + MK Arcade Kollection game) to add to my collection yet it's all this stuff instead! I'm a big SF fan but I might pass on this. FWIW, I could care less about soundtracks, artbooks & animated series/movies. Although that Ryu statue & case looks pretty sweet! Hmm, what to do...

I'd be a lot more interested in this if everything were disc-based. It seems quite a bit of the gaming content is download-only.

This seems like a pretty straight across 'deal' IMO. My own estimates put everything but the statue/belt/book @ about $115-130, so with that stuff added in I think it evens out.
I did not factor the SFxT character "DLC" as having value, because what Capcom did with that was fucktarded. Although I am happy it's being included, as I would never purchase the game otherwise without that stuff unlocked.)

This will probably get sorted out soon, but I have a few questions:

-Is the SF4 costume dlc ALL of the packs (inc. Vanilla/Super), or just the AE Packs?
-Which "Animated Series" is included? Street Fighter 2V, or the American Street Fighter cartoon (which sucks balls).
-Will the SF2 Movie & Series be in HD, or SD? (hopefully at least a 1080i upscale, ala Ghost in the Shell from the 2.0 Blu)
-Will SF2HDR & SF3s Online be on their own disc(s), or just code-vouchers (I expect the latter)

[quote name='MrBubbles']I would only put $150 if it came with a tournament arcade stick.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I came into this thread hoping to see.

The big question is... do the discs contain the DLC already unlocked or are they just including shitty download codes? If the content is on disc and unlocked... this is the only future safe versions of the games. Also... are the two previously digital only games on disc?

[quote name='souporman']What the hell, is this already sold out on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

No...it hasn't been made available for preorder yet.

[quote name='UjnHunter']The big question is... do the discs contain the DLC already unlocked or are they just including shitty download codes? If the content is on disc and unlocked... this is the only future safe versions of the games. Also... are the two previously digital only games on disc?[/QUOTE]

You can see from the product listing photos on Amazon that SF2 and SF3 are download codes, along with a bunch of other content. For $150 I'd expect everything to be in the box, on a disc.

[quote name='UjnHunter']The big question is... do the discs contain the DLC already unlocked or are they just including shitty download codes? If the content is on disc and unlocked... this is the only future safe versions of the games. Also... are the two previously digital only games on disc?[/QUOTE]

The full listing indicates you "Need Online Access to obtain content"

And unfortunately, if you look closely at the content pictures, you'll see a slip of paper that not only has the SF2HD & SF3 logos, but the SSF4AE, and SFxTK logos on it as well. So my guess is that all the costumes/unlocks will be codes as well.

So no "future-proof" versions of these games... :(

Sad that I've only seen 1 joke about just waiting 10 more months for a Street Fighter 25th 10 month Ultimate Turbo Anniversary Edition.

[quote name='sp8001']Cool, I might be able to score a code for SFIII: OE for cheap ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be selling off the SF2HD & SF3 codes myself, since I already have them.

[quote name='Gameboy415']It looks like a nice set, but I know Capcom will just release "Super Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set Turbo Championship Edition" 6 months later.

I won't get fooled again, Capcom! :lol:[/QUOTE]

The reason I will not be getting this.

Does anyone honestly think this will be getting a "super" re-release. I know that tired joke is just everyone's favorite, but in this situation it's just assanine.

[quote name='H4Y4TO']The reason I will not be getting this.[/QUOTE]
After the giant SFxTK debacle, I hope Capcom will finally have learned their lesson.

If not, I hope fans continue to give them more backlash.

[quote name='Kaijuboy']The full listing indicates you "Need Online Access to obtain content"

And unfortunately, if you look closely at the content pictures, you'll see a slip of paper that not only has the SF2HD & SF3 logos, but the SSF4AE, and SFxTK logos on it as well. So my guess is that all the costumes/unlocks will be codes as well.

So no "future-proof" versions of these games... :(

.[/QUOTE]

Well, forget this then. I know it's only two games but I'd much rather have everything be physical contents than DLC.

I want amazon to hurry up already and list this. Ive been checking every hour since yesterday! I need this in my collection ladies will be dripping wet when they see it in my room.

bread's done
Back