Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon: (thanks to Vendetta for the links)
PS3 Version
360 Version

Capcom store:
PS3 Version
360 Version

2c2594b8fb68621b0934e72f70686a4b.jpg

From Capcom's website:

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Video
-New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game.
-Street Fighter IV, Super SFIV anime movies
-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!)
-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Light-up Ryu statue
-Brand new statue with light up base. Eight inches tall and frozen in mid Shoryuken.
11 disc soundtrack
-Game music from the past 25 years, including remixes and fan-created music.
64 page hardcover art book
-Containing pieces from fans all over the world.
Ryu's belt
-Full size martial arts black belt for the aspiring World Warrior. Includes Ryu's "Furinkazan" in kanji.
Certificate of Authenticity
-Like any good collector's set, this comes with a lovely piece of paper telling you how limited and special it is. They're all individually numbered, so get one before they disappear! Arrives on September 18.

*UPDATE*
The PS3 version will be getting all 3 Alpha games as PSOne Classics and Alpha 3 MAX on PSP (digital download presumably).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='6er']I dont like fighting games that much, but be objective: If there are people who max prestige in CoD games, then there will be people who fight online in SF for 250 hours[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, I wasn't referring so much to the amount of time somebody could get out of it, but literally the amount of content. And it's just my opinion...I've been playing fighters since the original version of SFII hit US arcades so I'm a huge fan.

[quote name='Zaku77']I grabbed this from Newegg with that $12 off deal. It's nice to get at least a small discount![/QUOTE]

How? Enlighten me.

The deal is dead now anyway, and it was account specific, so if you didn't get an email about it you couldn't do it anyway. They also had another $10 off pre-order deal after that, but that is dead now, too. Keep an eye on the deals forum, these were both huge threads.

[quote name='JKSonic']Oh I know, I wasn't referring so much to the amount of time somebody could get out of it, but literally the amount of content. And it's just my opinion...I've been playing fighters since the original version of SFII hit US arcades so I'm a huge fan.[/QUOTE]

I really don't even like SF4 much and put over 1500 hours online. I 'only' played Skyrim for about 70 hours in comparison.

[quote name='Zaku77']The deal is dead now anyway, and it was account specific, so if you didn't get an email about it you couldn't do it anyway. They also had another $10 off pre-order deal after that, but that is dead now, too. Keep an eye on the deals forum, these were both huge threads.[/QUOTE]

Ah.. I see. Thanks anyway. I am getting this no matter what the price but I wouldn't mind 10 bucks off or something.

I think sf 2 turbo might be in my top 5 games of all time just because of how many hours we poured into it on SNES. I remember buying it at Walmart - it was $69.99. Blew through my summer allowance in one swoop...

Although I can't deny this collector's edition is a good value for all the games included (especially the PS3 version), I'm frustrated that they're only giving download vouchers for HD Remix and 3rd Strike as well as all the DLC. Vouchers for DLC is somewhat understandable--Capcom said that the games would otherwise have to be retooled to include the DLC on disc (no SFxT jokes, please)--but HD Remix has already had an on-disc release via the Capcom Digital Collection so there's no reason that they couldn't have included that and 3rd Strike on one disc.

Still, plenty of extras for diehard SF enthusiasts!

[quote name='OtakuFerret']
Still, plenty of extras for diehard SF enthusiasts![/QUOTE]

Even better for ppl who are just looking to get into the series. I'm not a diehard SF enthusiast at all. I only played a little SF2 back in the day. But I've really started to become a big fan of the series with SF4, and that's the only SF game I have (no DLC, no Super Arcade Edition, nothing extra).

So for me, this is really a no brainer. For once I actually feel like Capcom's getting ripped off with this deal instead of the customer :lol:

I'd rather have a physical to take with me over a friends house than a dlc code. DLC is just laziness on crapcom's part.

I was worried about being able to get it before, but now that I have accepted a sweet job offer, it shall be mine. I own all the games in it already except for AE, so they will be getting sold.
The only hard part will be trying to convince myself to wait to buy the SFxTK DLC Characters releasing at the end of the month. I am sure I can resist the temptation though.

[quote name='yobaburp']I'd rather have a physical to take with me over a friends house than a dlc code. DLC is just laziness on crapcom's part.[/QUOTE]
Laziness? Its called saving money

If you're in here calling capcom crapcom there is very little chance you were gonna buy this shit anyways and just wanted to throw in that clever crapcom joke.

[quote name='Havok83']Laziness? Its called saving money[/QUOTE]
cashcom?

[quote name='GUNNM']If you're in here calling capcom crapcom there is very little chance you were gonna buy this shit anyways and just wanted to throw in that clever crapcom joke.

cashcom?[/QUOTE]

You know what'd be even better, "Ca$h¢om". That'd really put 'em in their place. :p

[quote name='yobaburp']I'd rather have a physical to take with me over a friends house than a dlc code. DLC is just laziness on crapcom's part.[/QUOTE]

^ This a million times.

It's pretty pathetic that Capcom is charging $150 for this, and they couldn't be bothered to do a little work to include everything on the discs.

I actually ended up trading in Street Fighter x Tekken and Super Street Fighter IV (I've got the Arcade Edition DLC) because I've got this set on preorder on Amazon.

Also, just a warning for those of you who want to preorder on the Capcom Store and want to use your PayPal account (as I had to go through the hassle of getting my preorder cancelled and refunded):
The Capcom Store will automatically deduct the funds from your PayPal account. So if you're OK with spending the money already, then go right ahead and use PayPal. If not, check out using a credit card as they won't charge you right away.

[quote name='nixmahn']I'll wait for the Ultimate Hyper Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set 3rd Strike Arcade Edition [/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha! Oh hohohoho... Such a knee-slapper!
Man you are a funny guy!!!

Heads up! You can get this set for $139.99 shipped at NewEgg using coupon code BTENCNA54

NewEgg preorder deal thread

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Hahahahaha! Oh hohohoho... Such a knee-slapper!
Man you are a funny guy!!![/QUOTE]

Agreed! Nobody has ever made that joke before. it's entirely original and still funny. :applause:

Really nice overall package. But being a huge fighting game fan for 20+ years (and when I say fighting games I really only mean Capcom fighters) I already own all of these titles.

If I was in a better financial situation atm I would jump on it anyways.

I'm on the fence about this one.

As a Street Fighter fan the last game I bought was Street Fighter Alpha 2 on my Sega Saturn (yes, you read that last sentence correctly - Sega Saturn). As a collector this is one awesome box set.

[quote name='eastx']Heads up! You can get this set for $139.99 shipped at NewEgg using coupon code BTENCNA54

NewEgg preorder deal thread

Agreed! Nobody has ever made that joke before. it's entirely original and still funny. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. I love amazon but newegg has the best CS ever. They've let me down and always bring me all the way up. Hope the deal is still live when I get home.

Why couldn't this have the Alpha games instead of that dreadful Street Fighter X Tekken? Actually, couldnt they have included all the different versions of SFII and SF1 just for giggles?

[quote name='jhferry']Why couldn't this have the Alpha games instead of that dreadful Street Fighter X Tekken? Actually, couldnt they have included all the different versions of SFII and SF1 just for giggles?[/QUOTE]

B/c it has to have games that are available on that platform. That's why the PS3 version now comes with the 3 Alpha games as PS1 download codes.

[quote name='Gameboy415']It looks like a nice set, but I know Capcom will just release "Super Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set Turbo Championship Edition" 6 months later.

I won't get fooled again, Capcom! :lol:[/QUOTE]

:applause:

The download games are worthless in this kind of a set because what happens when the ps4 and 720 are released will we still have access to the downloadable games. Everything should be on a disc.

[quote name='technicalstylez']best buy has preorders up if u guys have gc's to use and want to get in on the $10 gc back for store pick up.[/QUOTE]

It won't work. That $10 deal expires 8/31 and all store pickups have to be completed by then.

[quote name='jhferry']Why couldn't this have the Alpha games instead of that dreadful Street Fighter X Tekken? Actually, couldnt they have included all the different versions of SFII and SF1 just for giggles?[/QUOTE]

I think the very real answer to this is that it's Capcom (Cashcom) and they need to keep dragging people along. Remember last gen there was a SF Anniversary Edition too and it was extremely underwhelming. This one has more in it but still isn't a "definitive" collection by any means either. Maybe for the 30th anniversary we'll finally get that definitive collection we've all been waiting for. Of course knowing Capcom I wouldn't be surprised if they released a 25th Anniversary Collection v. 2 - Arcade Turbo Edition this gen too...

uh....SF Anniversary on ps2 was and still is a great product. A much better port of Third Strike than the heavily flawed Dreamcast version, which was rare at the time and still a better port than the version on XBLA/PSN. And the best port of Super Turbo (with all of the previous SF2 incarnations of characters selectable) released in the US until HDR came out.

[quote name='Thomas96']The download games are worthless in this kind of a set because what happens when the ps4 and 720 are released will we still have access to the downloadable games. Everything should be on a disc.[/QUOTE]
Seeing how Sony is moving away from the Cell it'll be very surprising if the PS4 offers any type of backwards compatibility for disc-based games. Microsoft has shown that their commitment to backwards compatibility on the 360 is half-hearted at best. If you really want to play these games on the next generation systems then Capcom will be more than happy to sell them to you once again, sort of like what they're already doing with this collection.

[quote name='Thomas96']The download games are worthless in this kind of a set because what happens when the ps4 and 720 are released will we still have access to the downloadable games. Everything should be on a disc.[/QUOTE]

Way to make an assumption and take it as fact, not to mention improperly phrasing a question.

The next-gen system are very likely to play current-gen downloadable games. More likely than disc-based games actually.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']uh....SF Anniversary on ps2 was and still is a great product. A much better port of Third Strike than the heavily flawed Dreamcast version, which was rare at the time and still a better port than the version on XBLA/PSN. And the best port of Super Turbo (with all of the previous SF2 incarnations of characters selectable) released in the US until HDR came out.[/QUOTE]

The point was it wasn't a "definitive" collection by any means. Also the whole SF then the SF HD thing was a load of crap too...they should have just released them at the same time TOGETHER for one price or at least gave a big discount on HD (or just for free) to those that already bought SF non-hd... But, that's what Capcom does...

[quote name='JKSonic']The point was it wasn't a "definitive" collection by any means. Also the whole SF then the SF HD thing was a load of crap too...they should have just released them at the same time TOGETHER for one price or at least gave a big discount on HD (or just for free) to those that already bought SF non-hd... But, that's what Capcom does...[/QUOTE]

Somebody's got a wicked sense of entitlement! Anniversary Edition didn't claim to be definitive. You're thinking of Street Fighter: the Definitive Collection, which only exists in your noggin. But as the other dude said, Anniversary Collection remains a wonderful product.

SSF2 HD Remix is also pretty amazing, and definitely the best version of Super Turbo ever made. Nobody's entitled to some giant discount for buying SF2 Turbo. You knew what you were getting when you saw it. Also, that game was expensive and time-consuming to make, so it sure didn't get its profits from the previous straight-up rerelease.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']uh....SF Anniversary on ps2 was and still is a great product. A much better port of Third Strike than the heavily flawed Dreamcast version, which was rare at the time and still a better port than the version on XBLA/PSN. And the best port of Super Turbo (with all of the previous SF2 incarnations of characters selectable) released in the US until HDR came out.[/QUOTE]

Then more people need to bitch at Sony to add Madcatz stick/pad support to the PS2 emulation. MarkMan said it's all on Sony and I posted in their forums and raised a stink about it back in 2009/2010 but nothing was or ever will be done, so I got rid of mine and happily downloaded the new versions.

Why do you say the PS2 version of Third Strike is better? All I hear is praise for the XBLA/PSN version.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Then more people need to bitch at Sony to add Madcatz stick/pad support to the PS2 emulation.[/QUOTE]Has Sony ever updated any aspect of the PS2 emulation? I thought they had pretty much left things as-is since the 80GB model was killed off.

Somebody's got a wicked sense of entitlement!
I've begun to just stop reading a post once that word is used as most people have no clue what entitlement really is...especially in regards to the USA. Even from what I read you're still missing the point though, which is that they could have and SHOULD have released a version with much more in it already...a "definitive" version if you will...but the haven't and probably won't just so they can keep leading along suckers. Same thing with HD remix and stuff like that. Say whatever you will, defend it however you will (and no, tweaking tiny little things in each iteration is NOT a defense for a release as 99% of the people playing the games would never notice a difference) but it's just business...

Sorry I'm not trying to be a douche, just realistic. It's just sad that they are releasing a $150 collection and it's STILL not even close to a definitive collection. Most of this games are old, really old, and could easily be fit in both in terms of space and money/worth.

[quote name='JKSonic']Even from what I read you're still missing the point though, which is that they could have and SHOULD have released a version with much more in it already...a "definitive" version if you will...but the haven't and probably won't just so they can keep leading along suckers. Same thing with HD remix and stuff like that. Say whatever you will, defend it however you will (and no, tweaking tiny little things in each iteration is NOT a defense for a release as 99% of the people playing the games would never notice a difference) but it's just business...

Sorry I'm not trying to be a douche, just realistic. It's just sad that they are releasing a $150 collection and it's STILL not even close to a definitive collection. Most of this games are old, really old, and could easily be fit in both in terms of space and money/worth.[/QUOTE]

Has there ever been a definitive collection released on consoles for a series? The only thing that immediately comes to mind is the Megaman Collection on PS2. There were only six games in that collection and that was still too much content for them to do an accurate job of porting the games. And porting Megaman games are far easier since the classic series was all on a single console. The Street Fighter series spans a ton of different hardware platforms, each of which would need specific emulation code. If you include the number of incremental updates to the main and side series for Street Fighter, then you're easily talking about 50+ games.

Most of those games still haven't been ported to the 360 & PS3. It's easy to say "they should just port those games" when you have no idea of the time and money involved in doing so. There's development costs, ESRB rating fees, voice-actor royalties, etc.. Take the recent SF3 Online release. That game hit XBLA & PSN with a $15 price tag. Would you been willing to pay $10 or $15 for each additional SF game in a definitive collection? Those costs would ultimately be tacked on the cost of the collection make it prohibitively expensive to the point where no one would be able to afford it. Or they'd have to cut a lot of corners and deliver a really half-ass port of each game.

And would you really want to go back and play SF2 Champion Edition when you have SSF2 HDR? I can see some hardcore fans really wanting to go back to Super Turbo, but that's about it. How about vanilla SF4 when you have SSF4 AE? Playing SF1 is not a pleasurable experience at all. Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game is no Jackie Chan The Kung Fu Master.

[quote name='MSUHitman']

Why do you say the PS2 version of Third Strike is better? All I hear is praise for the XBLA/PSN version.[/QUOTE]

Just lots of glitches that sour the game and the onlline was virtually unplayable when I was playing it (poor matching and something was up with the netcode). The good news is that they are patching the game even after all this time.

[quote name='Thrinn']Has there ever been a definitive collection released on consoles for a series? The only thing that immediately comes to mind is the Megaman Collection on PS2. There were only six games in that collection and that was still too much content for them to do an accurate job of porting the games. And porting Megaman games are far easier since the classic series was all on a single console. The Street Fighter series spans a ton of different hardware platforms, each of which would need specific emulation code. If you include the number of incremental updates to the main and side series for Street Fighter, then you're easily talking about 50+ games.

Most of those games still haven't been ported to the 360 & PS3. It's easy to say "they should just port those games" when you have no idea of the time and money involved in doing so. There's development costs, ESRB rating fees, voice-actor royalties, etc.. Take the recent SF3 Online release. That game hit XBLA & PSN with a $15 price tag. Would you been willing to pay $10 or $15 for each additional SF game in a definitive collection? Those costs would ultimately be tacked on the cost of the collection make it prohibitively expensive to the point where no one would be able to afford it. Or they'd have to cut a lot of corners and deliver a really half-ass port of each game.

And would you really want to go back and play SF2 Champion Edition when you have SSF2 HDR? I can see some hardcore fans really wanting to go back to Super Turbo, but that's about it. How about vanilla SF4 when you have SSF4 AE? Playing SF1 is not a pleasurable experience at all. Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game is no Jackie Chan The Kung Fu Master.[/QUOTE]

Look, I don't see any amount of convincing will change how I feel about Capcom and how they treat their fans...especially long time fans like me. While I respect your post (especially since you weren't a douche), I will say this though, most of the older SF games (or SF related games) are very primitive by today's standards. Look at some of the indie games that are out there and it's not hard to imagine porting most of these games would bey pretty easy with a relatively small dev team. I'm not looking for incremental updates, but even so this collection is still missing a lot (especially if you have a 360). With today's technology and programing prowess what exactly would eat up resources? You could probably assign a group of college interns to program the older games...

It's just sad that this is a $150 collection and it's still so far from being what I'd expect. I guess one of the issues I have with it is how they've rereleased so many SF games already, and numerous times at that. So no, not many other franchises get anything close to a definitive collection either, but most other franchises haven't had so many rereleases.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Just lots of glitches that sour the game and the onlline was virtually unplayable when I was playing it (poor matching and something was up with the netcode). The good news is that they are patching the game even after all this time.[/QUOTE]

It's an arcade-perfect port. It had some lag issues at the beginning but those were fixed a month later and as you said another patch is coming. Watch Maximillian's YT videos of it at youtube.com/miles923 and you'll see it's pretty good now. Biggest "glitch" I've seen is the highest ranked players show up as rank zero when the match is starting.

bread's done
Back