Photo
- - - - -

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 1 - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc LE Collector's Set)

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#211 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

I guarantee you'd see actual bitching and moaning if their gesture was a DVD copy. They didn't have to do anything, I get it. It's great of them and all, but they should have either provided the 3D version just like what was in this set since that's what a good amount of people buying it wanted, or perhaps provide an offer to upgrade to that for like $5 more or something.

And let's not be naive and think Amazon is doing this just because they're so damn nice. They're doing this because they know this delay will inevitably lead to mass cancellations from people who want to buy The Avengers at release. This is being done as an act of good faith in the hopes that you extend it back to them and keep your pre-order for the pricier set. They are still a business last I checked.

very simple solution to this if its not to your liking why dont you just buy the 3d version and get what you want instead of thinking they should give you the 3d version because its not to your liking.

#212 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image

#213 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

Bluray copy of The Avengers for $3.23, not bad.
Posted Image Who cares about these invisible things?

Alright kids the worlds ending, back on the bus.

#214 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

Or less if you get a filler item :)

#215 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

Thats why I love Amazon...great CS.

#216 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Honestly, I'd forgotten that the collector's set even had the 3D versions of the films.

#217 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

Great gesture by Amazon. While I did not have the collection preordered (I had preordered the 4 disc copy instead), its still a great reminder of Amazon's CS. Nice to see some positive feedback on them instead of the deals forum where its all "OMGBESTBUY"

#218 rexflexall

rexflexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Bah I couldn't get them to credit me the coupon for the 3D version of Avengers. But that's ok I'll be keeping my preorder anyway for the 10-disc set. I went ahead and ordered the free blu-ray/dvd copy compliments of Amazon. Can't complain!

If you need a cheap filler to make your purchase over $25 for free shipping, use the Pert Plus shampoo sample. Currently it's only $0.69.

Total for my purchase? A whopping $0.65!!! Just too bad I don't like Pert Plus...I'll just use it on my dogs.
CAG? I'm Cheap Ass everything:booty:

#219 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I also tried to get the 3D version and was shot down. It kind of makes sense why they are not including it since the 3D version is included in the set and since we're being enticed to keep the set we'd be double getting two copies of the 3D set...and we'd almost all cancel it since some of us already have the other films in 3D...bah...whatever I'm getting a free copy and that's that :lol:

#220 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Amazon dropped the price of the 3D set to $24.99, the same price that the regular BD/Combo set was when they provided the free movie offer. So essentially they could have provided the 3D version for free since they dropped it to that price anyway, and yes that's a complaint.

#221 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

http://deals.bestbuy... collectors set

Posted Image

Best Buy exclusive.

In store only.

#222 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Posted Image

Best Buy exclusive.

In store only.

Ouch. There's no way that little guide is $40 nice. I was hoping Best Buy would get an exclusive slip for the regular version of the movie, but I guess not...

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#223 triggap

triggap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

Posted Image

Best Buy exclusive.

In store only.

$69.99 for this and a free poster if the store has any left.

Just picked one of these up at the midnight launch. I didn't really see that many of them so the first day might be your only shot if you want something cool to tide you over 'till next year.

And I do love this thing :D Not as cool as having a Tesseract sitting on the shelf but I'm still happy to get something nice for Day 1.

#224 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

What kind of poster did you guys get?

#225 kobra90

kobra90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Down to 139.96

#226 triggap

triggap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

What kind of poster did you guys get?

Posted Image

Poster you usually see used for their marketing.

#227 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image

Wow!

Were there a lot of people at midningt at your store? Did they have anymore Steelbooks left too? Hoping there will be more tomorrow morning.

#228 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Woo-hoo! UPS comes early to my office and they just dropped off Avengers 3D blu set from Amazon even though I redeemed Amazon's voucher for the regular Avengers blu!

#229 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

Your store was giving away posters? Lucky! The only poster I saw was for WOW. Went to the midnight release, there were a lot of people, but I think a lot of them were for WOW. They had quite a few collector's editions, but I don't see them lasting very long. I think it's really neat, the light up box is awesome, and the book is really cool, hardcover by DK. I thought it was gonna be a flimsy magazine, so that was a surprise.

Plus, if you enter the code given on Avengers Assembleoffer.com, you can get a free digital comic, free soundtrack and a free poster, but that goes for all versions since they all have that insert.

#230 triggap

triggap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

My store had about 30-40 people, more or less. Seemed like a lot of people were there for Fifa too if I was hearing things right.

Hopefully anyone who wants a copy of the BB exclusive gets one.

#231 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for posting this pic. My son is going to love that box.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#232 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

A near by store gave out posters for the avengers, that wow expansion and border lands 2. The avengers posters were damaged (ripped, bent for some reason. Those who picked up Fifa got a tshirt. It wasn't a big turn out and just a joke. Last year's MW3 midnight release was also a joke as all they did was let us play the game for 2 hours and fed us soda and chips. Also trying to push that new sony 3d tv that no one really bought. Who cares. Midnight releases need to be more fun with contests and stuff.

#233 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

This would be good if you could get it without the stupid 3D versions. It'd bring the price way down for guys like me who have zero interest in anything 3D.....
Praxus_07.png

#234 SweetP1983

SweetP1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

With Best Buy's & Amazon's deals I was able to get all the movies in this set for $73.

Iron Man - $10
Iron Man 2 - 10
Hulk - $8
Thor 3D - $20
Capt America 3D - $20
The Avengers 3D - $20
Sold free copy of Avengers Blu - ($15)

As much as I would have likes to get this set, I can appreciate the savings. That and I didn't want to wait till next year to have them. :D
135068.png]

#235 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

With Best Buy's & Amazon's deals I was able to get all the movies in this set for $73. :D

You could've saved even more by ordering from Amazon UK!

#236 SweetP1983

SweetP1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

You could've saved even more by ordering from Amazon UK!

Are you talking about the Blu ray set? If do, I kinda wanted to take advantage of my 3DTV.

Edited by SweetP1983, 30 September 2012 - 03:40 PM.

135068.png]

#237 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

This would be good if you could get it without the stupid 3D versions. It'd bring the price way down for guys like me who have zero interest in anything 3D.....

http://www.amazon.co...49020219&sr=8-3

#238 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Posted Image

If you were one of the many, many people who pre-ordered Marvel's Cinematic Universe: Phase One Collection box set - the one that was shaped like Nick Fury's Tessaract-holding brief case from the Avengers, and which contains the Blu-rays of Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, Incredible Hulk and Avengers - you know your pre-order was canceled. This was because Marvel Studios used a very specific Germn briefcase in the movie, and then kind of forgot to license the rights to the briefcase's design for the Blu-ray collection.

But the set is back, in a slightly more generic briefcase! It contains all the same things as the original did, including snippets from Marvel's up and coming features such as Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Ant Man. But we're most curious about the alleged "And Then Shawarma After" featurette, which we're still certain was filmed in RDJ's hotel room during the press conference for The Avengers. I guess we'll find out when the set arrived on April 2nd.

Meanwhile, Marvel has graciously provided this never-before-seen alternate ending from Thor, featuring a super hyped up Dr. Erik Selvig ordering a team of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, while Jane Foster and sidekick Darcy to return the blonde sex god back to Earth.

http://io9.com/59624...ene-to-prove-it

#239 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

Amazon jacked the price up to $197 - of course, if you already had a preorder, they'll honor that price

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#240 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I can't get the video to work. :( But why in the heck was an alternate ending left out of the Blu-ray of Thor!?