Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 1 - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc LE Collector's Set)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
51%2BxO731ovL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pre-order Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) today and check back on July 15 to see the unveiled Limited Edition collection with complete details. See more "Marvel's The Avengers"
Limited Edition collection includes:

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man (Blu-ray)
• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Price: $153.30 & Eligible for Amazon Prime

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW

Also available at Barnes and Noble for $186.99 and Free Shipping.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd...ed-robert-downey-jr/24495710?ean=786936826951

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vader582']$139.96 this morn on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Will existing pre-order prices automatically update or do I have to contact Amazon for the adjustment?

[quote name='grrouchie']Will existing pre-order prices automatically update or do I have to contact Amazon for the adjustment?[/QUOTE]

They should adjust however I placed a second order this morning just to be sure.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Nice. Hopefully I won't have to call them to get the price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'll keep an eye on it until Saturday, then give them a call if I need to.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Here's a pic of it at Comic Con. Credit to robertee at blu-ray.com

20120712_111654.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ok, that's bad ass. I'm keeping my preorder and selling off my individual blus.

[quote name='hamcore']If you preorder from amazon do they charge your card immediately or do they wait till the order ships[/QUOTE]
When it ship.

That pic got me to put in for the pre-order. With the price drop and the fact that Amazon now charges sales in tax in Texas, it put the price back up to the $150 range.

Still, I'm sure its priced much lower than what the local b&m stores will have it at.

Im curious how available this set is gonna be. Avengers is gonna be a HUGE retail release but if there are like 80,000 of these then thats kinda sucky....and that means its probably cheap made in china BS

[quote name='WingsDJY']Too bad that Avengers poster seems to be a SDCC exclusive for preordering. That'd be sweet in my gameroom.[/QUOTE]

I was going to pre-order it there because the poster is really nice but the total was $189.99 + tax.

[quote name='sendme']I like it and if it came with the normal cases for the discs I would get it. However I also have no place to put it so I'm going to have to sit this one out. It is tempting though.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I think. Hopefully there will be some sort of deal on the individual blu-rays. 6 movies (with the bonus discs) should be under $100 I would think.

How is this a deal? For it to be a real deal should be $12 a BD movie. Maybe Avengers $18 max. So $72-78 for the set. And don't tell me its for the 3D they are forcing into the set. Most people in the real world don't have 3D sets. What a con and the lemmings lap it up.

[quote name='joeboosauce']How is this a deal? For it to be a real deal should be $12 a BD movie. Maybe Avengers $18 max. So $72-78 for the set. And don't tell me its for the 3D they are forcing into the set. Most people in the real world don't have 3D sets. What a con and the lemmings lap it up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we are all just society drones buying all the crap the corporations put out for us.....some people are just cheap asses and not gamers

if you dont like it then don't buy it and show them that way!

[quote name='merchie89']Yeah, we are all just society drones buying all the crap the corporations put out for us.....some people are just cheap asses and not gamers

if you dont like it then don't buy it and show them that way![/QUOTE]

Cheap ass and gamer! Hence Cheap Ass Gamer!!! BTW, this is a movie so you mean "some people are just cheap asses and not moviers." No sir, I am not a movier! (Neither a drone as you correctly label them...)

If they cube was a solid color glow you could change or just one color I'd be all over it. Unfortunately it looks like a cheap motion activated keychain blinking like that :(

[quote name='joeboosauce']How is this a deal? For it to be a real deal should be $12 a BD movie. Maybe Avengers $18 max. So $72-78 for the set. And don't tell me its for the 3D they are forcing into the set. Most people in the real world don't have 3D sets. What a con and the lemmings lap it up.[/QUOTE]

If this only included the movies (3D and all), your price point would still be dumb as hell. But it doesn't. It comes in a limited edition packaging with a big metal brief case, unique custom art on the cases, a lighted tesseract cube, and plenty of memorabilia from the films. Apparently you're too oblivious to have noticed any of that though, or grasp the fact that those things along with the limited nature of this set would lead to an increase price point

And for you and any other whiners there's a UK edition in a regular packaging without the 3D copies for around $57 shipped.: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvels-The...NZ2E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342564038&sr=8-2

[quote name='merchie89']Im curious how available this set is gonna be. Avengers is gonna be a HUGE retail release but if there are like 80,000 of these then thats kinda sucky....and that means its probably cheap made in china BS[/QUOTE]

The Blade Runner UCE w/ briefcase had a print of 103,000, and I doubt you'll find many that consider that "cheap made in china BS"

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Blade Runner UCE w/ briefcase had a print of 103,000, and I doubt you'll find many that consider that "cheap made in china BS"[/QUOTE]

I meant if it was like 700,000. I am a fan of limited # of a certain thing.

Limited and Collectors should mean higher quality, more exclusive product

So you're upset that a big collector's edition that comes in a brief case, with a light up tessaract (sp?) isn't the same price as a regular box set with just the movies? If that's what you want, then Jesus, buy them seperately if you can even find them for your magical price point, and leave the collector's editions for the big boys that have common sense.

[quote name='opterasis']So you're upset that a big collector's edition that comes in a brief case, with a light up tessaract (sp?) isn't the same price as a regular box set with just the movies? If that's what you want, then Jesus, buy them seperately if you can even find them for your magical price point, and leave the collector's editions for the big boys that have common sense.[/QUOTE]

Nicely put. Hahaha

[quote name='opterasis']So you're upset that a big collector's edition that comes in a brief case, with a light up tessaract (sp?) isn't the same price as a regular box set with just the movies? If that's what you want, then Jesus, buy them seperately if you can even find them for your magical price point, and leave the collector's editions for the big boys that have common sense.[/QUOTE]

Yes, love the plastic crap add-ins! Yes, waste money for some nonsense that supposedly gives my drab life some meaning. My advice, stop feeding these corporations with the money you seem to have to burn and donate it to some worthwhile cause. The "privileged" seem to always find some useless activity to blow their money instead of helping others (besides corporations).

This looks amazing but I own every single one of those (including the 3d's) except hulk and avengers (obviously). Not sure if it would be worth it just for the case. Not sure how much I could get selling the others off.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Yes, love the plastic crap add-ins! Yes, waste money for some nonsense that supposedly gives my drab life some meaning. My advice, stop feeding these corporations with the money you seem to have to burn and donate it to some worthwhile cause. The "privileged" seem to always find some useless activity to blow their money instead of helping others (besides corporations).[/QUOTE]

If you're so altruistic then why do you have a computer? Shouldn't you have donated that money to someone who needs it and isn't as "privileged" as you are?

Why do you have a ps3? You're helping the big bad Sony corporation

Stop acting like Mother Theresa and acting like you don't own expensive things that you didn't need too. You are no better than anyone here.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Yes, love the plastic crap add-ins! Yes, waste money for some nonsense that supposedly gives my drab life some meaning. My advice, stop feeding these corporations with the money you seem to have to burn and donate it to some worthwhile cause. The "privileged" seem to always find some useless activity to blow their money instead of helping others (besides corporations).[/QUOTE]

Dont tell me how to spend my money you communist hippie.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Dont tell me how to spend my money you communist hippie.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect from a guy who quotes George Orwell in his signature?

Viva la Horn and Hoof!
220px-Animalism_flag.svg.png

Wait, so does that mean the cube does come out of the brief case? If so, that is much more awesome than I had expected.

i was kinda shocked to see my local papers discussing the early dvd rips spreading across the internet. this thing could turn into the wolverine hysteria from a couple of years ago. i wonder if all the torrents will force the studio to release the blu-rays ahead of schedule to curb piracy.

[quote name='PublikDefender']i was kinda shocked to see my local papers discussing the early dvd rips spreading across the internet. this thing could turn into the wolverine hysteria from a couple of years ago. i wonder if all the torrents will force the studio to release the blu-rays ahead of schedule to curb piracy.[/QUOTE]

DVD rips get leaked early for lots of movies. The whole Wolverine fiasco was a DVD rip of the finished movie (with unfinished cgi) was released before the movie hit theaters.

I still have this preordered but I just don't know. I've lucked out and got a pension return on my last return but i'm starting college again and really need a new laptop, a replacement PS3 and would really like a 3DS XL. I think I would be happy with cheap UK pack from Amazon.

Looks like you can no longer preorder it at this time. We'll see if it comes up again.

EDIT - Too slow :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']DVD rips get leaked early for lots of movies. The whole Wolverine fiasco was a DVD rip of the finished movie (with unfinished cgi) was released before the movie hit theaters.[/QUOTE]
Not only do DVD rips hit early but R5 releases hit even earlier.

DVD rips hitting the web weeks, a month or sometimes 2 months early is nothing new. Especially dvd screeners. For years those were leaking all over the place during oscar season.

It's being discussed at blu-ray.com. I don't think the set will be cancelled, but the briefcases' design will likely be changed, or Disney will pay the company for the rights to use the current one. I can't see Disney cancelling the collection altogether though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's being discussed at blu-ray.com. I don't think the set will be cancelled, but the briefcases' design will likely be changed, or Disney will pay the company for the rights to use the current one. I can't see Disney cancelling the collection altogether though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they'll downgrade it to match the UK set.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Maybe they'll downgrade it to match the UK set.[/QUOTE]

To downgrade the set that much would cause more problems than it'd solve. They've already taken preorders on this thing at Comicon and such, advertised it a bit, and likely started production to some degree. Disney will either pay them off or work out some kind of deal with them. Perhaps allow them to advertise their briefcase as an Avengers briefcase and include some advertisements in the Avengers set itself?

'Course, Disney could always fight it. Depending on how Attache's "parallel ridges" were trademarked, Disney could argue that it only applies to briefcases or something whereas this is a Blu-ray case that only looks like a briefcase. Worst case scenario, this set will just be delayed.

bread's done
Back