Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 1 - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc LE Collector's Set)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
51%2BxO731ovL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pre-order Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) today and check back on July 15 to see the unveiled Limited Edition collection with complete details. See more "Marvel's The Avengers"
Limited Edition collection includes:

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man (Blu-ray)
• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Price: $153.30 & Eligible for Amazon Prime

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW

Also available at Barnes and Noble for $186.99 and Free Shipping.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd...ed-robert-downey-jr/24495710?ean=786936826951

Last edited by a moderator:
odd story about this... got the promo code late last night and redeemed it through the amazon mobile site on my phone. Woke up this morning and received an email from amazon confirming that i changed my email address! Yikes, saw that there was a charge to my debit card and now amazon is investigating the matter and will get back to me in 24-48 hours. I went from a high to a low literally overnight. it's a bummer, but i guess my lesson is to not use the mobile site from my phone?

Since the other thread got deleted if any of u dont want the code PM me. Im just gonna get the reg blu-ray not the 3D one.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']So I checked my email and didn't get a code. Think I should wait longer or should I have gotten one by now?[/QUOTE]

I never got one either. Did you ever order one and cancel and then reorder? Or order 2 and cancel one?

[quote name='ShockandAww']I never got one either. Did you ever order one and cancel and then reorder? Or order 2 and cancel one?[/QUOTE]

Nope, ordered one in July, never cancelled. It's still there in the system.

The nice thing about getting a free copy of The Avengers is that now I feel like I have a lot more freedom when it comes to the new collector's edition packaging. If they end up just sticking everything inside a regular box, I'll probably cancel my preorder. By the time it releases, the only movies I wouldn't have would be Thor and Hulk.

I'm really glad now that nobody in the area was willing to give me $5-10 for each of the other movies when I tried selling them.

[quote name='mig0']Wish it was the 4 disc set not the 2 disc set. I'll contact them to see about getting the credit applied to the 4 disc set, else i'll "buy" the 2 disc and just resell it to a friend.[/QUOTE]

Shot down. Not exactly surprised.

I found it odd that they charged me sales tax on the shipping handling.

Item: $0.00
Shipping Handling: $2.98
Sales Tax: $0.23

Total: $3.21

[quote name='mig0']Wish it was the 4 disc set not the 2 disc set. I'll contact them to see about getting the credit applied to the 4 disc set, else i'll "buy" the 2 disc and just resell it to a friend.[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue. I want the 3D version, and the "freebie" IS a nice gesture, but not what I want. I emailed them this morning explaining I pre-ordered an item with a 3D copy for my 3D TV & Blu-Ray player... so I'd appreciate being able to apply the code to a version I want, not a version I don't.

I'll probably get shot down too, but I decided to try.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']How dare amazon offer something free they didn't have to, and it not be to your liking. The nerve of them....[/QUOTE]

/agree

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that some folks are complaining about the version they are getting. Once you offer something for free, some folks think that gives them the right to have the free item changed because it doesn't meet their needs. Amazon didn't have to do this just because the LE was delayed. They did it because they value their customers and want us to keep shopping on Amazon (which I will totally do).

If someone doesn't like the version they are receiving free, sell it and apply the cash to the purchase of the version you want. Regardless of how much you make on the sale, it is still money that didn't come out of your pocket.

Who's "complaining"? I see a bunch of people saying they'd prefer the 3D version, which is hardly the same as complaining. And honestly, Amazon should have given the 3D version since that's what would have been ncluded with the bigger set

[quote name='ssjmichael']Who's "complaining"? I see a bunch of people saying they'd prefer the 3D version, which is hardly the same as complaining. And honestly, Amazon should have given the 3D version since that's what would have been ncluded with the bigger set[/QUOTE]

That right there. Amazon has no obligation to hand out anything for free. This is a damn good consolation prize for something beyond their control, so saying what they *should* do for us is crazy.

I somehow got a Amazon rep to let me use the promo code on the 3D version and just pay the difference. Pretty sweet deal. Worth a try for anyone who really wants the 3D version instead.

I talked to a CS rep and they said that the promo wasn't going to be active until the 25th and that is why I hadn't gotten an email yet?????

He did say I should get an email, and to just wait....wtf is going on?

I think I am going to have to talk to someone else.

[quote name='PR Mega X']That right there. Amazon has no obligation to hand out anything for free. This is a damn good consolation prize for something beyond their control, so saying what they *should* do for us is crazy.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Entitlement is a bitch when it comes to free items given when not required I suppose.

[quote name='PR Mega X']That right there. Amazon has no obligation to hand out anything for free. This is a damn good consolation prize for something beyond their control, so saying what they *should* do for us is crazy.[/QUOTE]

It's still not complaining, it's just more logical to provide the 3D version if they're doing this gesture. I take it you and anyone else whining about so-called complainers would be perfectly content if it were a dvd version rather blu too since they didn't have to do anything?

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's still not complaining, it's just more logical to provide the 3D version if they're doing this gesture. I suppose you'd be perfectly content if it were a dvd version rather blu too since they didn't have to do anything?[/QUOTE]

I would, yes. Your debate holds no water to me.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's still not complaining, it's just more logical to provide the 3D version if they're doing this gesture. I take it you and anyone else whining about so-called complainers would be perfectly content if it were a dvd version rather blu too since they didn't have to do anything?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, yeah. You said it right there: They didn't have to do anything.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I would, yes. Your debate holds no water to me.[/QUOTE]

I guarantee you'd see actual bitching and moaning if their gesture was a DVD copy. They didn't have to do anything, I get it. It's great of them and all, but they should have either provided the 3D version just like what was in this set since that's what a good amount of people buying it wanted, or perhaps provide an offer to upgrade to that for like $5 more or something.

And let's not be naive and think Amazon is doing this just because they're so damn nice. They're doing this because they know this delay will inevitably lead to mass cancellations from people who want to buy The Avengers at release. This is being done as an act of good faith in the hopes that you extend it back to them and keep your pre-order for the pricier set. They are still a business last I checked.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I guarantee you'd see actual bitching and moaning if their gesture was a DVD copy. They didn't have to do anything, I get it. It's great of them and all, but they should have either provided the 3D version just like what was in this set since that's what a good amount of people buying it wanted, or perhaps provide an offer to upgrade to that for like $5 more or something.

And let's not be naive and think Amazon is doing this just because they're so damn nice. They're doing this because they know this delay will inevitably lead to mass cancellations from people who want to buy The Avengers at release. This is being done as an act of good faith in the hopes that you extend it back to them and keep your pre-order for the pricier set. They are still a business last I checked.[/QUOTE]

very simple solution to this if its not to your liking why dont you just buy the 3d version and get what you want instead of thinking they should give you the 3d version because its not to your liking.

Great gesture by Amazon. While I did not have the collection preordered (I had preordered the 4 disc copy instead), its still a great reminder of Amazon's CS. Nice to see some positive feedback on them instead of the deals forum where its all "OMGBESTBUY"

Bah I couldn't get them to credit me the coupon for the 3D version of Avengers. But that's ok I'll be keeping my preorder anyway for the 10-disc set. I went ahead and ordered the free blu-ray/dvd copy compliments of Amazon. Can't complain!

If you need a cheap filler to make your purchase over $25 for free shipping, use the Pert Plus shampoo sample. Currently it's only $0.69.

Total for my purchase? A whopping $0.65!!! Just too bad I don't like Pert Plus...I'll just use it on my dogs.

I also tried to get the 3D version and was shot down. It kind of makes sense why they are not including it since the 3D version is included in the set and since we're being enticed to keep the set we'd be double getting two copies of the 3D set...and we'd almost all cancel it since some of us already have the other films in 3D...bah...whatever I'm getting a free copy and that's that :lol:

Amazon dropped the price of the 3D set to $24.99, the same price that the regular BD/Combo set was when they provided the free movie offer. So essentially they could have provided the 3D version for free since they dropped it to that price anyway, and yes that's a complaint.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']http://deals.bestbuy.com//movies++tv+shows/product/6571643/best+buy+exclusive+collectors+set

6571643_RE.png

Best Buy exclusive.

In store only.[/QUOTE]

$69.99 for this and a free poster if the store has any left.

Just picked one of these up at the midnight launch. I didn't really see that many of them so the first day might be your only shot if you want something cool to tide you over 'till next year.

And I do love this thing :D Not as cool as having a Tesseract sitting on the shelf but I'm still happy to get something nice for Day 1.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']What kind of poster did you guys get?[/QUOTE]
8022401080_03e9988c69_c.jpg

Poster you usually see used for their marketing.

[quote name='triggap']
8022401080_03e9988c69_c.jpg

Poster you usually see used for their marketing.[/QUOTE]
Wow!

Were there a lot of people at midningt at your store? Did they have anymore Steelbooks left too? Hoping there will be more tomorrow morning.

Woo-hoo! UPS comes early to my office and they just dropped off Avengers 3D blu set from Amazon even though I redeemed Amazon's voucher for the regular Avengers blu!

Your store was giving away posters? Lucky! The only poster I saw was for WOW. Went to the midnight release, there were a lot of people, but I think a lot of them were for WOW. They had quite a few collector's editions, but I don't see them lasting very long. I think it's really neat, the light up box is awesome, and the book is really cool, hardcover by DK. I thought it was gonna be a flimsy magazine, so that was a surprise.

Plus, if you enter the code given on Avengers Assembleoffer.com, you can get a free digital comic, free soundtrack and a free poster, but that goes for all versions since they all have that insert.

My store had about 30-40 people, more or less. Seemed like a lot of people were there for Fifa too if I was hearing things right.

Hopefully anyone who wants a copy of the BB exclusive gets one.

[quote name='triggap']

Poster you usually see used for their marketing.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting this pic. My son is going to love that box.

A near by store gave out posters for the avengers, that wow expansion and border lands 2. The avengers posters were damaged (ripped, bent for some reason. Those who picked up Fifa got a tshirt. It wasn't a big turn out and just a joke. Last year's MW3 midnight release was also a joke as all they did was let us play the game for 2 hours and fed us soda and chips. Also trying to push that new sony 3d tv that no one really bought. Who cares. Midnight releases need to be more fun with contests and stuff.

This would be good if you could get it without the stupid 3D versions. It'd bring the price way down for guys like me who have zero interest in anything 3D.....

With Best Buy's & Amazon's deals I was able to get all the movies in this set for $73.

Iron Man - $10
Iron Man 2 - 10
Hulk - $8
Thor 3D - $20
Capt America 3D - $20
The Avengers 3D - $20
Sold free copy of Avengers Blu - ($15)

As much as I would have likes to get this set, I can appreciate the savings. That and I didn't want to wait till next year to have them. :D

[quote name='SweetP1983']With Best Buy's & Amazon's deals I was able to get all the movies in this set for $73. :D[/QUOTE]

You could've saved even more by ordering from Amazon UK!

bread's done
Back