Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 1 - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc LE Collector's Set)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
51%2BxO731ovL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pre-order Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) today and check back on July 15 to see the unveiled Limited Edition collection with complete details. See more "Marvel's The Avengers"
Limited Edition collection includes:

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man (Blu-ray)
• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Price: $153.30 & Eligible for Amazon Prime

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW

Also available at Barnes and Noble for $186.99 and Free Shipping.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd...ed-robert-downey-jr/24495710?ean=786936826951

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Disney can justify it as they explicitly say it's a replica of the same briefcase used in the movie, and in the movie they actually use an authentic Rimowa attache briefcase. I don't know how they thought they could get away with actually selling a knockoff version of it without getting permission from the trademark holders first.

Yeah, it sounds like Disney goofed pretty badly by forgetting to license the design of the briefcase. Hope they resolve it quickly.

It's not a perfect replica though. If they take it to court, they could argue the latch system, handle, and assorted avengers branding (including circular window in the front) makes it different enough. This could come down to how different does it need to be for Attache to withdraw their suit.

[quote name='Salamando3000']It's not a perfect replica though. If they take it to court, they could argue the latch system, handle, and assorted avengers branding (including circular window in the front) makes it different enough. This could come down to how different does it need to be for Attache to withdraw their suit.[/QUOTE]

Samsung says hi.

Reading from some of the BR forums it looks like this maybe one HIGHLY collectible item!

So far just speculation but seems that Disney might be working out a compromise with that briefcase company to only ship out the cases to those who pre-ordered it (before they were all taken down from all sites) and may then stop on producing anymore.

:hot:

It's all speculation. There's really no way Disney will just ship whats been pre-ordered to date. Either way, Disney is going to have to go to court or make a settlement with the luggage company, so they wouldn't ship out any existing orders if they're still infringing on Rimowa's trademark with those orders. And if they do pay up, then it makes sense to make and sell as many of these as they possibly can. This set will likely be one of their biggest releases for the year, so they're not going to only sell a small amount of them.

They'll either:

1.) pay up, and the set will look exactly as is
2.) Redesign the case and selll that
3.) Not put it in a briefcase at all

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Reading from some of the BR forums it looks like this maybe one HIGHLY collectible item!

So far just speculation but seems that Disney might be working out a compromise with that briefcase company to only ship out the cases to those who pre-ordered it (before they were all taken down from all sites) and may then stop on producing anymore.

:hot:[/QUOTE]

Positive attitude

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's all speculation. There's really no way Disney will just ship whats been pre-ordered to date. Either way, Disney is going to have to go to court or make a settlement with the luggage company, so they wouldn't ship out any existing orders if they're still infringing on Rimowa's trademark with those orders. And if they do pay up, then it makes sense to make and sell as many of these as they possibly can. This set will likely be one of their biggest releases for the year, so they're not going to only sell a small amount of them.

They'll either:

1.) pay up, and the set will look exactly as is
2.) Redesign the case and selll that
3.) Not put it in a briefcase at all[/QUOTE]

Negative attitude

How is it negative? In fact, what i'm saying is better for consumers. Who wants to be screwed out of getting the set just because they didn't already pre-order? I also made a completely logical assessment, I'm sorry if it made too much sense, or doesn't bode well with anyone's "omgz its teh rare nao and fetch major moniez on teh ebay". For you to say someone had a "positive attitude" just because they're spectulating on the rarity of this is hilarious, and says a lot about your frame of mind. I personally would rather see this get in the hands of everyone who wants it, without them having to pay scalper prices, but hey that's just me and my negative attitude apparently...

Didn't the same thing happen with the UP Luxo Jr Pixar set? I remember them putting a block on preorders and anyone who preordered before Luxo started suit got theirs, at least my friend did. Then after awhile they finally released them everywhere. Could be wrong though.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Didn't the same thing happen with the UP Luxo Jr Pixar set? I remember them putting a block on preorders and anyone who preordered before Luxo started suit got theirs, at least my friend did. Then after awhile they finally released them everywhere. Could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

Luxo and Disney settled out of court before the scheduled release according to blu-ray.com, though I think some retailers got delayed shupments because of the lawsuit. I'm not sure if the two incidents are directly comparable since we don't know what Dianey will do here, or how many of these they've made yet, but it does show Disney's track record of trying to sell replica products without any sort of licensing agreements with the original makers.

Source: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3670

Last edited by a moderator:
During the last Best Buy upgrade and save I cancelled my preorder after I bought Thor 3d and Captain America 3d for $20 each. I guess I'll buy Avengers 3d for $25 on release, but I'll sell off my collection if the Avengers Assemble boxset ever goes on sale for like $99 some day down the road.

Hopefully the produce a lot of these with the redesigned briefcase so it's not too rare.

Wonder what that means for the bonus disc of extra features. I gotta wait until next spring to see them? Not a fan of that.

so getting rid of the old blue's in order to have them all in this one collection has now turned into an utter fail on my part.

awesome

[quote name='grrouchie']so getting rid of the old blue's in order to have them all in this one collection has now turned into an utter fail on my part.

awesome[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. But most of the movies are on Netflix and Epix right now. Sucks that we have to wait, but at least it's still coming out. That's my opinion anyhow.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I did the same thing. But most of the movies are on Netflix and Epix right now. Sucks that we have to wait, but at least it's still coming out. That's my opinion anyhow.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. They could have scrapped the set altogether. I'm glad they didn't.

[quote name='mkm1998']Wonder what that means for the bonus disc of extra features. I gotta wait until next spring to see them? Not a fan of that.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was figured out that the extra disc in phase 1 is the disc "exclusive" to the target Avengers movie release?

I'm kind of in a bind because I don't want to cancel my amazon preorder, but I had applied store credit on it because I thought it was coming out a couple of weeks later. That's a lot of credit that's just going to sit there until Spring.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I'm kind of in a bind because I don't want to cancel my amazon preorder, but I had applied store credit on it because I thought it was coming out a couple of weeks later. That's a lot of credit that's just going to sit there until Spring.[/QUOTE]

What's stopping you from cancelling? It's not like you'll lose the credit..

[quote name='ssjmichael']What's stopping you from cancelling? It's not like you'll lose the credit..[/QUOTE]
I realize that. It's because I don't know what's going to happen w/ the future set. If the new version is revealed with a higher price point (or Amazon doesn't do as large a discount when they repost it) then I would still have it locked in at my current preorder price. If they cancel the original order and make a new listing, then I'd have a similar case to the one w/ Dragon's Crown where they adjusted the price to the old cancelled order.

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]"Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We're writing to let you know that the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection will not be released by Marvel as originally expected. Instead, Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and is expected to be available in the spring of 2013. To make this easy for you, we updated your order for the original collection and will ship the new collection when it becomes available. The price of the new collection will be the same as the original collection.

To show our appreciation for your understanding, we are providing you with a promo code to receive a free copy of Marvel's The Avengers (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) . To be eligible, you must have placed your order between June 1, 2012 and August 28, 2012. Any cancelled orders are not eligible to receive the free copy. Codes must be redeemed by October 15, 2012."

Sounds good to me!
[/FONT]

[quote name='UberSwiss'][FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Any cancelled orders are not eligible to receive the free copy.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Sucks for me. Congrats to everyone else.

[quote name='UberSwiss'][FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]"Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We're writing to let you know that the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection will not be released by Marvel as originally expected. Instead, Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and is expected to be available in the spring of 2013. To make this easy for you, we updated your order for the original collection and will ship the new collection when it becomes available. The price of the new collection will be the same as the original collection.

To show our appreciation for your understanding, we are providing you with a promo code to receive a free copy of Marvel's The Avengers (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) . To be eligible, you must have placed your order between June 1, 2012 and August 28, 2012. Any cancelled orders are not eligible to receive the free copy. Codes must be redeemed by October 15, 2012."

Sounds good to me!
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yep, just got the email. Amazon is seriously going above and beyond here. Totally awesome.

What concerns me is when they say "Similar collection in new packaging" and then says that it includes the original titles, but doesn't mention any of the other extras.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Yep, just got the email. Amazon is seriously going above and beyond here. Totally awesome.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I'm especially happy since I had already placed an order for the 2-disc set (because I'm insane). Just saved me $26!

So, with the "delayed" till Spring 2013, does that mean that they won't charge my card till next year and I'll still be able to get the free Avengers blu/DVD combo this month?

[quote name='Krazycisco']So, with the "delayed" till Spring 2013, does that mean that they won't charge my card till next year and I'll still be able to get the free Avengers blu/DVD combo this month?[/QUOTE]

Yes since Amazon doesn't charge you until your order ships. I woke up to this email as well. I already have the 3D version pre-ordered for $25 but this is still really awesome of Amazon to do. I will probably just use this free copy as a bday gift or xmas gift for someone.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Yes since Amazon doesn't charge you until your order ships. I woke up to this email as well. I already have the 3D version pre-ordered for $25 but this is still really awesome of Amazon to do. I will probably just use this free copy as a bday gift or xmas gift for someone.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok, thanks for the info. I didn't pre-order anything because I wasn't sure if I was gonna cancel the collectable one just yet. I was gonna do it this coming Monday but after this news, I'll just keep it and see what the design will look like on Spring and decide from there.

Just saw this email myself and wanted to say that Amazon once again goes above and beyond and this is why I do most of my shopping there.

Well played Amazon, well played.

[quote name='merchie89']damn amazon!!! this rings up at 24.98....thats means I gotta buy something else to get free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, complaining about a free Blu-ray that they are giving you? That's totally warranted.

Amazon definitely went above and beyond with this offer. They have always had great customer service. Stoked I don't have to spend the $25 to get the movie. Can't wait for the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 1 to be released, but this will hold me over.

I was thinking of canceling but haven't yet, if I use the free code and still cancel later which is what I will probably do anyways. I wonder if they will back charge me for the free Avengers.

No of course not. They can't force you to keep a pre-order just because they're giving you something for free that you didn't ask for. By doing this gesture they're hoping you keep that pre-order with them, but they can't do anything if you cancel.

Great gesture by Amazon, now I just need to find something to go with it for free shipping. Hopefully they can use the extra time to put in even more content to the set besides just changing the case. I still want the tesseract though so I hope that's staying regardless if it fits with the new case or not.

Wish it was the 4 disc set not the 2 disc set. I'll contact them to see about getting the credit applied to the 4 disc set, else i'll "buy" the 2 disc and just resell it to a friend.

bread's done
Back