Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 1 - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc LE Collector's Set)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
51%2BxO731ovL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pre-order Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) today and check back on July 15 to see the unveiled Limited Edition collection with complete details. See more "Marvel's The Avengers"
Limited Edition collection includes:

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man (Blu-ray)
• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Price: $153.30 & Eligible for Amazon Prime

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW

Also available at Barnes and Noble for $186.99 and Free Shipping.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd...ed-robert-downey-jr/24495710?ean=786936826951

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']You're 13 post late.[/QUOTE]

Whoops missed it, thought I was up to date on this thread. Apparently I missed a whole page.

[quote name='PR Mega X']

241360_10150666391460473_5920648_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

is that the hammer from the DP thor display? I only ask as It looks an awful lot like mine.

[quote name='Evt']is that the hammer from the DP thor display? I only ask as It looks an awful lot like mine.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what DP is, so I'm gonna go with 'no' :) The hammer and shield both came from buycostumes.com

this is release by disney right? so it will be without case and such just like all the previous release disney boxset....

When you say without case you mean they'll just stick all the discs in a cd sleeve type thing? Sorry I've never bought a Disney boxset.

Oh don't tell me it'll come in a flimsy cardboard box, with each of the discs stuck in a piece of foam. Lion King drum and Toy Story toychest I'm looking at you...

[quote name='Gden']Wife and I can't watch 3d (get terrible headaches), so wish this was getting a 2d edition.[/QUOTE]

It IS - comes with regular blu ray and 3d blu ray.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I don't know what DP is, so I'm gonna go with 'no' :) The hammer and shield both came from buycostumes.com[/QUOTE]
DP=Dr. Pepper, sorry.

I mean, that there was an edition that didn't come with 3d. Rather not pay extra for an edition I can't watch.

[quote name='Gden']I mean, that there was an edition that didn't come with 3d. Rather not pay extra for an edition I can't watch.[/QUOTE]

So just sell the 3D editions. You could probably get ~$10 for each one without too much trouble.

[quote name='pjb16']So just sell the 3D editions. You could probably get ~$10 for each one without too much trouble.[/QUOTE]
Even without cases?

[quote name='Arakias']Yes. As disc only (generic case for protection).[/QUOTE]

Honestly all I want from this set is the Avengers 3d blu-ray, Thor 3d blu-ray, Captain America 3d bluray, and the bonus disc. I'm sure no one will want to part with their bonus disc, but I'd pay $8 to $10 for each of the 3d blu-rays.

I'd pay $10 for the Avengers 3d disc rather than spending $30 on release day.

I'm a HUGE fan of collector's editions, but this one hurts because I've been buying all the Marvel blu-rays up to this point. I'll be checking ebay the week of the release to see if I can buy any of these disc-only 3D blu-rays for around $10. Either that or buy this whole collectors edition and spend time and effort selling off all the standard blu-rays.

[quote name='mig0']Just did the same. If the pre-order bonus is good, I'll cancel my avengers 3d pre order.[/QUOTE]
What?

There's a Pre-Order Bonus?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']What?

There's a Pre-Order Bonus?[/QUOTE]$5 discount coupon that Amazon offered, up until 06/07/12.

Only pre-order bonus I'm aware of.

[quote name='shrike4242']$5 discount coupon that Amazon offered, up until 06/07/12.

Only pre-order bonus I'm aware of.[/QUOTE]
Cool.

Wasn't it just $149 a few weeks ago too? Now up to $152.

[quote name='shrike4242']$5 discount coupon that Amazon offered, up until 06/07/12.

Only pre-order bonus I'm aware of.[/QUOTE]

There was a $5 off coupon for the 10 disc set? fuck I thought that was just for the Avengers bluray.

Mind officially blown!!!!

PHkKYy0MNPJjoq_1_m.jpg

PHJ3dLmtjaomML_1_m.jpg

Exclusive collectible Blu-ray Packaging (Cap is disappointingly omitted from the scans currently)

PHGdJ8cWk2dpJJ_1_m.jpg

PHxmj7GOtiwQAG_1_m.jpg

PHda0CYju7x5gd_1_m.jpg

PHoRxjrGh35zrt_1_m.jpg

PHG53gCjCta0IP_1_m.jpg

PHJlLgjGx28SMR_1_m.jpg

Courtesy of MovieWeb.com....

Immerse yourself in every aspect of Marvel's elite Super Heroes with this limited-edition, 10-disc Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled Collection. Complete with glowing Tesseract, this exclusive replica of Nick Fury's iconic briefcase includes stunning Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray presentations of Marvel's The Avengers; Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor, as well as Blu-ray versions of Iron Man; Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk in exclusive collectible packaging. Plus, now that you possess the highest level of security clearance, you have been granted access to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most confidential files, including a top-secret bonus disc filled never before seen, classified information. Also featuring exquisitely detailed art, prop reproductions and artifacts from the motion pictures, the must-own Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled Collection will verify your status as the world's greatest authority on the Marvel Super Hero mythos!

Wow that looks awesome! I'm glad I kept the preorder on this one. I can't wait to hear more details on this but I can only hope the quality is fairly close to how good it looks in those pics. We shall see.

Tempting. Damn tempting. Anyone who already has the Five original films (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Incredible Hulk, Captain America) figure out the best way to turn them into this?

I guess it's cool but I think I'd rather just have the regular discs. I love the art though. Do people actually display this stuff in their houses? I just keep everything in drawers and out of sight (blu-rays, games, consoles, controllers, etc.). Clutter drives me nuts.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Tempting. Damn tempting. Anyone who already has the Five original films (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Incredible Hulk, Captain America) figure out the best way to turn them into this?[/QUOTE]

You could sell them to other CAGS who don't want the collector's set.

[quote name='sobishop']Mind officially blown!!!!

PHkKYy0MNPJjoq_1_m.jpg

PHJ3dLmtjaomML_1_m.jpg

Exclusive collectible Blu-ray Packaging (Cap is disappointingly omitted from the scans currently)

PHGdJ8cWk2dpJJ_1_m.jpg

PHxmj7GOtiwQAG_1_m.jpg

PHda0CYju7x5gd_1_m.jpg

PHoRxjrGh35zrt_1_m.jpg

PHG53gCjCta0IP_1_m.jpg

PHJlLgjGx28SMR_1_m.jpg

Courtesy of MovieWeb.com....[/QUOTE]
Here's Cap's

Marvel%20Cinematic%20Universe%20Box%20Art_05.jpg

I see no reason to get rid of my Iron Man 1/2 and Hulk Blue Ray's - I'll just donate them to my old man and let him have them when the set comes in.
Which, based on the Amazon.com release date is right around my bday - so happy day to me!

Umm I saw the pics and pre-ordered, smoking case. I'dd better get that, otherwise Im cancelling

EDIT: Ohh god, just remembered this and two Borderlands 2 Loot Chests!!:hot::hot:
Gonna start collecting cans

I like it and if it came with the normal cases for the discs I would get it. However I also have no place to put it so I'm going to have to sit this one out. It is tempting though.

I still need to get an HD TV to make it worth watching them, but this may be the first Blu-ray set I buy...

[quote name='BlueWingX']I still need to get an HD TV to make it worth watching them, but this may be the first Blu-ray set I buy...[/QUOTE]

When I first had my ps3 I had an SDTV I bought blus on sale cuz I knew I'd eventually get an HDTV. I mean u can still watch them until you upgrade. Just would be like watching a DVD.

bread's done
Back